• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Shulk Amiibo better give my Mii in Mario Kart his awesome vest.

And Juju's buggy to drive.

...So, You think they'll make the Shulk amiibo do anything for Xenoblade 3DS?
Yeah. Another Shulk comes out of no where and joins the party. His only command is back slash

Back slash (Pink) breaks
Back slash (Red) is pure damage
Back slash (Blue) heals
Back slash (Yellow) is stun
Back slash (Green) is topple
Back slash (Purple) is snare

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's cool that Shulk is getting one... but that face. That face.

Shulk Amiibo better give my Mii in Mario Kart his awesome vest.

And Juju's buggy to drive.
But Juju's Buggy will have the worst stats in the game! Winning races would be virtually impossible! (especially when there will be barriers in the way)
I'm definitely all for the vest.

...So, You think they'll make the Shulk amiibo do anything for Xenoblade 3DS?
Maybe it could give the player a rare item, an exclusive weapon, or it could make Shulk more powerful.
I just wonder if Xenoblade Chronicles: X will do anything with Shulk's amiibo. Maybe it could give the player Shulk's clothing and the Monado... that will convince me to buy his amiibo.

Yeah. Another Shulk comes out of no where and joins the party. His only command is back slash

Back slash (Pink) breaks
Back slash (Blue) heals
So amiibo Shulk is basically Shulk in For Glory?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I really like his amiibo! :) I'm not gonna bother complaining about his face though, since all of the humanoid faces are kinda wonky. :/

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Back slash (Pink) breaks
Back slash (Blue) heals
And he's just like... Really confused about how he got there and why there's another version of him walking around. And Shulk original flavor doesn't even acknowledge him.
But Juju's Buggy will have the worst stats in the game! Winning races would be virtually impossible! (especially when there will be barriers in the way)
I'm definitely all for the vest.
Juju's Buggy will be the Pichu of Mario Kart.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
If Chrom didn't get in because he's a "simple swordsman" does that mean Lucina only got in because she's a woman?
Also, needs moar Riki. "After Shulk get Smash Ball!"

Maybe it could give the player a rare item, an exclusive weapon, or it could make Shulk more powerful.
I just wonder if Xenoblade Chronicles: X will do anything with Shulk's amiibo. Maybe it could give the player Shulk's clothing and the Monado... that will convince me to buy his amiibo.
That's assuming Shulk isn't actually in the game somehow, either at launch, or as DLC, as a major player, or (more likely) just a cameo, similar to Marth's Awakening appearances. If it's in a completely different continuity, I don't see why not. FE:A is in the same FE continuity as Marth's games and he's still playable.

I still want Riki and Tatsu Heropon justice duo, so Cross will have no scary.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
"With the Shulk amibo, you can finally access shulk's strongest armor:
"Necklace of Freedom", "Shorts of masculinity" and of course the famous "favourite slippers".
They will grant him 100% uptime on Monado arts, but locking every other move besides them an Backslash."

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
"With the Shulk amibo, you can finally access shulk's strongest armor:
"Necklace of Freedom", "Shorts of masculinity" and of course the famous "favourite slippers".
They will grant him 100% uptime on Monado arts, but locking every other move besides them an Backslash."
Back Slash isn't a Monado Art, silly. It's a normal, red Art.
I kinda wish Turn Strike got more love, though. It's Shulk's true Talent Art, before the Monado overrides it's wielder's Talent Art for it's own Arts. (Note how Dunban can't use Blossom Dance until he ditches the Monado) Even if it is very early-game, crappy, and eventually obsoleted by Stream Edge.

And spamming infinite Back Slash would be great for damage in Xenoblade - more powerful than auto-attack even from the front, and if you have no Talent Art, you don't need auto-attacks anyway. Just watch out for aggro.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Back Slash isn't a Monado Art, silly. It's a normal, red Art.
I kinda wish Turn Strike got more love, though. It's Shulk's true Talent Art, before the Monado overrides it's wielder's Talent Art for it's own Arts. (Note how Dunban can't use Blossom Dance until he ditches the Monado) Even if it is very early-game, crappy, and eventually obsoleted by Stream Edge.

And spamming infinite Back Slash would be great for damage in Xenoblade - more powerful than auto-attack even from the front, and if you have no Talent Art, you don't need auto-attacks anyway. Just watch out for aggro.
I said move, meaning moves like airslash, backslash, shadow eyes ect.I know Backslash isn't a monado art.

And hey, "no cool down" only works for monado arts. Backslash without cooldown would be pretty tight.

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
I said move, meaning moves like airslash, backslash, shadow eyes ect.I know Backslash isn't a monado art.

And hey, "no cool down" only works for monado arts. Backslash without cooldown would be pretty tight.
I see it now, it was just your grammar that tripped me. Heh.
Well, in that case, you forgot Air Slash. Only usable while falling, I guess - if you're doing the For Glory joke.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I see it now, it was just your grammar that tripped me. Heh.
Well, in that case, you forgot Air Slash. Only usable while falling, I guess - if you're doing the For Glory joke.
That's true. Also, sorry for my grammar, it happens sometimes.
Mixing the grammar of my native language with english is bad x.X

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
*pokes head in* sorry for being quiet for so long, been playing Dragon Age (which to be fair does feature Adam Howden's voice as Anders). Haven't been playing much Smash lately, but still keeping up with news and stuff.

And @ N7Kopper N7Kopper I'm pretty sure Lucina got in because she had been set as a clone. Being a woman had nothing to do with it. Though to be fair there's nothing wrong with having more female characters.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
And Shulk's amiibo will be a Gamestop exclusive.
Again.

*sigh*
It seems like Shulk is always gonna be Gamestop exclusive...
This is the passage of fate.. -sigh-
What's even the point of him being Gamestop exclusive now? It made sense for Xenoblade Chronicles cuz they didn't know how much it was gonna sell, but now it's obvious the series is decently popular.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It seems like Shulk is always gonna be Gamestop exclusive...
This is the passage of fate.. -sigh-
What's even the point of him being Gamestop exclusive now? It made sense for Xenoblade Chronicles cuz they didn't know how much it was gonna sell, but now it's obvious the series is decently popular.
Because Nintendo wants to see you fight over them, then secretly releasing an alternate model for the public.
CASUAL SHULK CONFIRMED!

Or they really are nuts. Either way is possible.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Just what were the exact terms on Gamestop's exclusivity deal on Xenoblade Chronicles? You don't think they might have exclusivity on EVERYTHING Xenoblade related do you?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just what were the exact terms on Gamestop's exclusivity deal on Xenoblade Chronicles? You don't think they might have exclusivity on EVERYTHING Xenoblade related do you?
If there was, wouldn't Sm4sh be Gamestop exclusive?

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Oh well. Either way, I can't say I have much to complain about personally. My local Gamestop is literally nothing like the horror stories you read about online. In all my years of shopping there, they've always been friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I even got into a decent Smash Bros. discussion with one of the employees last time I was there.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You know, the faces aren't all that bad. They could have been a lot worse. We at least avoided another atrocity like Agnes's statue from Bravely Default:

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
I was playing a New Game Plus of Xenoblade on Dolphin and came across this conversation, which is quite funny on NG+ under the circumstances... I posted it to reddit too. Spoilers, though!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a New Game Plus of Xenoblade on Dolphin and came across this conversation, which is quite funny on NG+ under the circumstances... I posted it to reddit too. Spoilers, though!

This cutscene makes Shulk seem like he's done quite a few deals behind the street if he gets that defensive.

D

Deleted member

GUYS GUYS GUYS

IS THIS A THING? I don't even know what I would do if it's real.
:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk: Plssss Nintendo :4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:
The letters on the face buttons look Photoshopped to me.
A Xenoblade edition New 3DS XL would be sweet, though.

Nintendo never gives Xenoblade amazing treatment

by amazing treatment, I meant toys, plushies, 3DS skin, Wii U skin, etc. That stuff

Top Bottom