• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would buy a Xenoblade Chronicles themed New 3DS LL.

Ironically, I might not buy the Xenoblade Chronicles port, unless they make adjustments to make the experience feel new. I have the Wii version that is still in good condition, so I'm not going to miss much just in case.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It's exactly this. I'm gonna buy a n3ds, but... waiting for either Majoras mask or xenoblade themed one.

Xenoblade IS an exclusive, which pretty much assures a bundle. So I guess the chances aren't that bad.

Last edited:

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
Just picked up a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles from my local gamestop. Only 49.99 too. That's a bargain considering copies online sell for over $100 on some sites. It's inspired me to play more Smash 4, as I've been more into PM lately.

Can't wait for the WiiU version. I'm really feeling it now!!!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Just picked up a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles from my local gamestop. Only 49.99 too. That's a bargain considering copies online sell for over $100 on some sites. It's inspired me to play more Smash 4, as I've been more into PM lately.

Can't wait for the WiiU version. I'm really feeling it now!!!
Ah that's where I got mine too. Called on a whim and they somehow had 3 copies? Well, by the sound of it I'm guessing you haven't played this game yet. HAVE FUN! (Be really careful if you want to look up anything about the game tho, you can be easily spoiled)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
GUYS GUYS GUYS

IS THIS A THING? I don't even know what I would do if it's real.
:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk: Plssss Nintendo :4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:
it sucks that this is not real. Well I guest I will just get the ugly new 3DS XL.:( Man they should have really make face plates for the 3DS XL Too and not just the 3DS.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
it sucks that this is not real. Well I guest I will just get the ugly new 3DS XL.:( Man they should have really make face plates for the 3DS XL Too and not just the 3DS.
The thing is: n3ds has plates, so they can be fully customizable, and be bought more.
The n3ds xl has no plates, so nintendo can still release cool themed n3ds xl's.

If the n3ds wouldn't have these plates... why bothering buying the small one?
N3dsxl had trible sales in japan.^^

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm not sure if the figures have changed but the new 3DS XL outsold the regular new 3DS by a fair amount at launch.
First 2 days: New 3DS XL-172K, Regular New 3DS-62K
That's exactly what I meant.^^
He had three times units sold than the normal one

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Have any of you guys found a good use for dair that's not super punishable? I noticed it actually has really good range so I'm curious as to if any of you are using it for anything.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Down aerial is exclusively used to meteor smash. Since it hits twice, with the second hit sweetspot counting as a meteor smash, it requires extensive timing to pull off. Luckily Shulk can recover easily if hanging below the edge if he misses. Use the neutral aerial in other situations as a substitute, since it hits wider and has no landing lag.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
For me, Dair is primarily used as a spike. You can pseudo set it up after an off stage Fair in jump. Nair is more useful on stage, yes. But I would never recommend using Nair offstage since it won't cancel the animation, making it nigh impossible to recover in some areas.

Not sure if that's what you meant though Soul Blazer. Or if you were specifically referring to Nair's use on-stage.

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Its a bit pixelited but this event picture has R.O.B, Mega man and metal face on Gaur plains, this event could be where you control shulk and have to destroy robots in reference to mechon http://i.imgur.com/YrTiziO.jpg

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey guys, I've been trying to start using Shulk more, but I'm having a hard time figuring everything out...any simple tips for me? Should I rely/avoid using aerials or smash attacks or something like that? Also, should I be experimenting with the Monado Arts as a beginner, or should I wait until I figure everything else out? Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hey guys, I've been trying to start using Shulk more, but I'm having a hard time figuring everything out...any simple tips for me? Should I rely/avoid using aerials or smash attacks or something like that? Also, should I be experimenting with the Monado Arts as a beginner, or should I wait until I figure everything else out? Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!
Welcome! You'll be using his nair a lot to space and start combos, as well as jab and dtilt for fast moves. Only use his smashes in situations you know you can hit, and make sure you abuse the range the Monado has. What I did was learn the Monado Arts along with his standard moveset since the MA affect how you'll use his moveset. You should definitely look at the first post in this thread since it has great info. Good luck, and I hope you'll be really feeling it with Shulk.:4shulk:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

I don't think anyone has brought this up yet, but I noticed that one of the icons on XCX's map resembles the heart-to-heart icon from the first game. It's to the right of the gold badge icon in the center. So, I guess that means heart-to-hearts are returning.

D

Deleted member

I don't think anyone has brought this up yet, but I noticed that one of the icons on XCX's map resembles the heart-to-heart icon from the first game. It's to the right of the gold badge icon in the center. So, I guess that means heart-to-hearts are returning.
I noticed that from the trailer. I found it to be pretty interesting that they brought them back and I guess this confirms Affinity in some way.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
You know, while we're on the subject of the gamepad screen, what's everyone's opinion on the button in the bottom right corner? I've heard three different theories on it so far. First is that it's to turn voice-chat on and off in online multiplayer. Second is that it's a drop-in/drop-out button for online multiplayer. Third is that it's for amiibo support.

Also, about that icon that resembles the monsters from the end of the E3 demo, do you think that they may mark the locations of unique monsters (or this game's equivalents of them)? If so, that's a whole lot of unique monsters.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
You know, while we're on the subject of the gamepad screen, what's everyone's opinion on the button in the bottom right corner? I've heard three different theories on it so far. First is that it's to turn voice-chat on and off in online multiplayer. Second is that it's a drop-in/drop-out button for online multiplayer. Third is that it's for amiibo support.

Also, about that icon that resembles the monsters from the end of the E3 demo, do you think that they may mark the locations of unique monsters (or this game's equivalents of them)? If so, that's a whole lot of unique monsters.
That icon looks so weird, like someone with their hands on their hips with their hand in the air? Uh, ok Monolith Soft LOL. It probably is just a voice option since lines like that next to someones mouth usually indicate sound.

Oh god, I certainly hope those are all unique monsters. Unique Monsters are awesome, they just make me feel so hype with You Will Know Our Names playing and having such a challenge to overcome (you know, I wonder if there will be a new unique monster song in this game, I hope they reuse some songs from Xenoblade Chronicles.) I don't see it being so far off as to all those being unique monsters, since according to this and this there are 183 UM's in Xenoblade Chronicles. Since the world is supposed to be gigantic compared to the original, there will definitely be more. (how big will this world be if the original was huge, dang.) You never fail to impress me Monolith Soft.

Whelp, SUDDEN INFLUX OF HYPE. Time to go listen to X's main theme and then cry cuz it's a 2015 release

Last edited:
For me, Dair is primarily used as a spike. You can pseudo set it up after an off stage Fair in jump. Nair is more useful on stage, yes. But I would never recommend using Nair offstage since it won't cancel the animation, making it nigh impossible to recover in some areas.

Not sure if that's what you meant though Soul Blazer. Or if you were specifically referring to Nair's use on-stage.
Probably talking about on-stage use with n-air.

N-air off stage is not so good (I ff'd with it and SD'd by accident :| )

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I did a kamikaze spike with Dair in Jump mode.
I lost, but I still went out with a bang (though I wonder
if the opponent would have died first if I had equal or greater stock.).

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Wow, I've not been in this thread for a while.

That damage. I need to play around with customs.

Its a bit pixelited but this event picture has R.O.B, Mega man and metal face on Gaur plains, this event could be where you control shulk and have to destroy robots in reference to mechon http://i.imgur.com/YrTiziO.jpg
That's pretty awesome. Now we just need Shulk vs. Palutena so we can create a world with no need for gods...

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Does anyone remember this post?

I just did a bit of a test to see what Google gave me for some Xenoblade things.
Here's some of the more entertaining ones.
Every time someone asks if Shulk is 3rd party or Australian, I die a little on the inside.
xenoblade-google.png

Freakin' amazing.
"Drones can move, and blades can swing out, i will upload a video soon."
http://flametorchic.deviantart.com/art/Xenoblade-Mechon-Fiora-Cosplay-455072378

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just did a bit of a test to see what Google gave me for some Xenoblade things.
Every time someone asks if Shulk is 3rd party or Australian, I die a little on the inside.
View attachment 30017
"shulk is love shulk is life"
Oh dear.

*everything with Riki*
It goes to show that the world shall not mess with the almighty Heropon!
HEROPON VERY COOL!

"is shulk australian"
No.

I'm surprised that Reyn time isn't the first option.

"shulk x lucina"
Not surprised about this ship.

I should probably Google the rest of the Smash cast to see what I get.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
View attachment 30017

Freakin' amazing.
"Drones can move, and blades can swing out, i will upload a video soon."
http://flametorchic.deviantart.com/art/Xenoblade-Mechon-Fiora-Cosplay-455072378
Melia is Irish name? I always liked her name since it was so unique so if that is the origin of it that's very interesting...
Also, that spoiler cosplay is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen, especially since some of the parts of it move. Some people are just so talented my only talent is making really bad edits aaaa

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty awesome. Now we just need Shulk vs. Palutena so we can create a world with no need for gods...
Got a pretty good idea for an event match from that.
The event is called: "Defy Your Destiny!" and you play as Shulk or Robin on the Coliseum stage and team up with the one you don't play as. Your opponents are also Shulk and Robin, but in a Zanza like color and a Grima possessed Robin. It's a stamina match where you must work with your partner, against the odds where you both have about 100 hp and they have 200 hp, to defeat both without losing your partner.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Melia is Irish name? I always liked her name since it was so unique so if that is the origin of it that's very interesting...
Also, that spoiler cosplay is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen, especially since some of the parts of it move. Some people are just so talented my only talent is making really bad edits aaaa
Yeah I was quite surprised to learn that Melia and Reyn are real names, hence it was harder to find things related directly to Xenoblade.
I had a friend make me a Dunban cosplay because I lack in the skillz. But yeah... I'd lose it if I ever saw someone in a convention wearing that.
I can also make bad edits [proceeds to put Metal Face's face on a Beyblade]

Hyper arts power vision hell yeeeah

Too bad customs are starting to be phased out/banned in some tournaments (Apex and KTAR)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
When I start procrastinating harder than ever find the spare time, gifs are one I'm gonna learn. I've been inspired by the Shulk-thread-gif-gods.
The funny thing is that I learned how to gif myself, all because of Monado Monday.

Good times.

giphy.gif

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Speaking of music, has someone revealed any 'new' tracks available on Gaur Plain?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Speaking of music, has someone revealed any 'new' tracks available on Gaur Plain?
Do you define "new" as "not in the 3DS version"?

Confirmed tracks for Gaur Plain (all of these are the original versions, discounting the medley):
Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
Gaur Plain
Gaur Plain (Night)
Engage the Enemy
Time to Fight!
Obstacle in Our Path
(I presume this is One Who Gets In Our Way)
Mechanical Rhythm
You Will Know Our Names
The Valedictory Elegy
(Baten Kaitos) (Not sure if this is an arrangement or not.)

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Do you define "new" as "not in the 3DS version"?

Confirmed tracks for Gaur Plain (all of these are the original versions, discounting the medley):
Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
Gaur Plain
Gaur Plain (Night)
Engage the Enemy
Time to Fight!
Obstacle in Our Path
(I presume this is One Who Gets In Our Way)
Mechanical Rhythm
You Will Know Our Names
The Valedictory Elegy
(Baten Kaitos) (Not sure if this is an arrangement or not.)
Original Engage the enemy = Let's go son.

Top Bottom