• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
S/o to @ Jerm Jerm 's Shulk. I managed to watch your stream earlier after resting for awhile and saw you go up against a Duck Hunt and Pac Man. If you could get those vids up in the video archive that'd be cool. Solid gameplay right there.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
S/o to @ Jerm Jerm 's Shulk. I managed to watch your stream earlier after resting for awhile and saw you go up against a Duck Hunt and Pac Man. If you could get those vids up in the video archive that'd be cool. Solid gameplay right there.
Thanks for tuning in m8 :D! I unfortunately didn't save those matches but they were luckily archived on Twitch. For those of you who want to see the DHD match go to: http://www.twitch.tv/distantkingdom/c/5460631 @ 1:36:38. There are a whole bunch of epic Shulk matches on there if you would like to check those out as well!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Thanks for tuning in m8 :D! I unfortunately didn't save those matches but they were luckily archived on Twitch. For those of you who want to see the DHD match go to: http://www.twitch.tv/distantkingdom/c/5460631 @ 1:36:38. There are a whole bunch of epic Shulk matches on there if you would like to check those out as well!
I really like how you used Jump on the stage for momentum. You're super good with Shulk! Thanks for posting, I'll definitely learn some new stuff from these matches.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully these can help improve my play style.
I'm... alright with Shulk. Though, I sadly was Monado Busted by a Diddy Kong in For Glory... ugh...

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Hopefully these can help improve my play style.
I'm... alright with Shulk. Though, I sadly was Monado Busted by a Diddy Kong in For Glory... ugh...
I faced a Diddy during the tourney. Tune into 4:25:06 if you want an idea of how to better handle Diddy Kong :)

D

Deleted member

I faced a Diddy during the tourney. Tune into 4:25:06 if you want an idea of how to better handle Diddy Kong :)
I see...
So I should mostly use Jump and Speed against him and Buster when necessary. Shulk's aerials should keep him at bay as well...
You're a pretty good Shulk player, by the way! I'll watch more of your Streams when I get the time and chance to so that I can learn a thing or two about Shulk!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I can't watch them now, as I'm on mobile, but I'll watch them tomorrow! And I followed, so hopefully I can tune in next time! ^^

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I see...
So I should mostly use Jump and Speed against him and Buster when necessary. Shulk's aerials should keep him at bay as well...
You're a pretty good Shulk player, by the way! I'll watch more of your Streams when I get the time and chance to so that I can learn a thing or two about Shulk!
Yup pretty much, you just have to watch out for the banana and try not to get grabbed because Diddy can follow up his Dthrow with aerials doing big damage. Thanks hope to see you around on the stream!

I can't watch them now, as I'm on mobile, but I'll watch them tomorrow! And I followed, so hopefully I can tune in next time! ^^
Definitely take a quick look to pick up a couple things. Thank you for the follow I will see ya around maybe get in a set real quick :p

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just watched all the matches Karissa did and it's frickin hillarious. LIKE, WHERE DID SHE GET THOSE TECH SKILLS FROM? Does this girl main Robin? Cuz she reads her opponents like a book. Teach me your skills, Karissa o'mighty.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Karissa is too op. Her Diddy was ridiculous.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
We've got a GameXplain discussion on the recent XCX footage, featuring none other than Chuggaaconroy himself. Chugga also mentions that he believes he has the names of all four current party members, including the default name for the player character.

We already know Tatsu and Elma, and according to Chugga, Monado-hairpin girl's name is Riso (I think I spelled that right), and the default name for the protagonist is Cross.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
We've got a GameXplain discussion on the recent XCX footage, featuring none other than Chuggaaconroy himself. Chugga also mentions that he believes he has the names of all four current party members, including the default name for the player character.

We already know Tatsu and Elma, and according to Chugga, Monado-hairpin girl's name is Rizo (I think I spelled that right), and the default name for the protagonist is Cross.
And the blonde guy's name is D!ckson 2: Electric Boogaloo Hulk Hogan.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Aw man, Karissa wasn't real. ;-; Whyyyyyyyy Gamestop?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Even though it was a marketing scheme, I somehow feel extremely inspired to get better at reading my opponent thanks to whoever was playing. lolwut
Thx Karissa for not doing anything but inspiring me a lot (?)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Anyone gonna miss ACE+, Manami Kiyota, Yoko Shimomura and Yasunori Mitsuda's musical works for X?
Don't get me wrong, I love Sawano's music a lot but I can't help but feel a bit nervous after thinking hard (and listening hard) about it

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Anyone gonna miss ACE+, Manami Kiyota, Yoko Shimomura and Yasunori Mitsuda's musical works for X?
Don't get me wrong, I love Sawano's music a lot but I can't help but feel a bit nervous after thinking hard (and listening hard) about it
I was at first, but hearing the music on the website (which I assume is the main theme) really helped put my doubts on the matter to rest.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
A quick correction on what I posted above, apparently Monado-hairpin-girl's name is Rin/Lin, not Riso.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
A quick correction on what I posted above, apparently Monado-hairpin-girl's name is Rin/Lin, not Riso.
i wouldn't be surprised if her name was localized to Riso haha

Yes, the main theme is really good, it's exactly what I would expect from him but it's still disheartening to me that the composers from XB won't be around :c

surely so i'll get over it anyways

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Aw man, Karissa wasn't real. ;-; Whyyyyyyyy Gamestop?
As much as I hate to say it - it was obvious. She's ten, and this is real life. It's not going to happen, unless it's staged.
Smash is obviously super hype, BUT HOW ABOUT THIS?

#petitionnintendoformumkhart8
Saved. Looks like that Green Shell means it's Reyn Time!

So, this finally happened.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Not good!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ARRRGH!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\This is a good result!

Just saying but according to the Canadian smashers, the Wii U version has patched out some glitches

When you guys get the game, try Monado Arts Landing lag cancel to see if it's still there

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
It would be super cool if Shulk's amiibo has the Monado light up. That obviously isn't gonna happen, but if a Shulk figure like that ever happens... INSTA-BUY!

Top Bottom