• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I want to do doubles or triples so badly. But all my RL friends don't play smash. The only teams I can play is just with my online friends or FG(Which sucks really badly).
I know this feel. Sort of. Whenever we get together, it's the only time they'll play - so naturally, I'm the guy that always wins.

But then I started going to events and got to know a few people through friendlies and stuff. So I ended up making some friends who were actually capable of playing really well. I'm lucky that I don't really have problems finding teammates now.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I three stocked my friends Shulk with my day one Sheik once. That was a good laugh.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
I hosted an eight person Smash get together when my cousin was in town. He was the only one I knew who played Smash competitively. I thought that this wouldn't be too big of a deal in 3v3 or doubles matches, but apparently amiibo battles were more enticing to my guests than competitive doubles. I guess my Marth amiibo was just too cool to them.
(Shameless brag about my RARE AMIIBOS)

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
According to French website Waji no Kiseki, Xenoblade director Takahashi wants Monolith Soft to continue with the series with a much stronger emphasis on story after the open world focus of Xenoblade X.

Translation (full quote in the link) by GameFAQs user Monolithsoft.

Personally, I'm excited that Takahashi wants to continue with the Xenoblade series. Oh, and more Nopon would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

According to French website Waji no Kiseki, Xenoblade director Takahashi wants Monolith Soft to continue with the series with a much stronger emphasis on story after the open world focus of Xenoblade X.

Personally, I'm excited that Takahashi wants to continue with the Xenoblade series. Oh, and more Nopon would be amazing.
I'm glad to hear that as well.

I want to see this series continue.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421

That's great news. The emphasis on story would be fantastic too, as the plot was one of my favorite things about the original Xenoblade Chronicles.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

It'll probably keep being a good mix of both. I love the story and exploration aspects. Still can't wait to experience X's story.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
I think I've just started to understand the variety Smash 4 can have. Only in singles the MU are 3025. In doubles there are 9150625 MU. And there are more than 83000000000000 possible combination in 4vs4. And that's without counting customs

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I want to do doubles or triples so badly. But all my RL friends don't play smash. The only teams I can play is just with my online friends or FG(Which sucks really badly).
I suffer the same fate, hehe. I actually create a room with my friend and invite other people to join, then set up teams and play that way. its a lot easier to get actual practice in.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Sorry not sorry

Ugh. Sheik+GW is broken :(

Been playing around with Robin for a while now. Getting used to her mechanics. Christ, I wish she moved faster though

Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385

*Waiting for a Xenoblade Chronicles prequel*

There's so much they could do in a prequel, but I know it won't happen...

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Tell me, what could they do in a prequel?
Edit: Scrap that. I'll just put what I said here:

You know what I think would be amazing? A prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. Telling the story right from the creation of the Bionis and Mechonis, and more in depth with Egil, his best friend Arglas and a few other characters who didn't really see light compared to the other characters. It could touch on the subject of how Arglas came across the Monado and was possessed by Zanza. A young Colony 9 and Colony 6, with Dunban, Dickson and Mumkhar working as a team before the events of Sword Valley. The Fallen Arm, still part of the Mechonis. A lively Agniratha, with maybe a couple of new areas on Mechonis. And as you work through the game, you'll lead up to the Battle of Sword Valley, the Bionis waging an attack on the Mechonis and Arglas being possessed by Zanza. And one of the main story quests could be travelling to Valak Mountain as Dickson, discovering the Monado and Zanza inhabiting Shulk. I'm just throwing ideas out of the blue, and they may not be in order. But there are definitely some good ideas. What do you guys think could be in such a prequel?

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

:link:
Love Xenoblade Chronicles, loved how the first game handles the story aspect overall (more than how XCX is takibg it, and that it was pretty 'open' (big) in of itself). . . All I need him to say now is that he will either go back to a more fantasy setting > sci-fi (personal preference), or that he'll just try something new like steam punk or whatever (like, FFVI'ish or what have you). Love it.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Despite having a very ho-hum streak on FG today, I just pulled off something I'm so happy about:

I got a spike with Shulk's D-Air for the first time today! :O Not only that, I landed it twice! Still ended up being a close match with that Yoshi.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Despite having a very ho-hum streak on FG today, I just pulled off something I'm so happy about:

I got a spike with Shulk's D-Air for the first time today! :O Not only that, I landed it twice! Still ended up being a close match with that Yoshi.
Tis a satisfying meteor, congratulations

inb4 Bill wins evo

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Why do people still think that moves like Shiek's Fair or Wind Cyclone are the best moves in the game while it's completely obvious that Monado Arts are the best move in possibly every smash game?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
imo top moves:

Ness b-throw
Lucina f-smash (unfortunately it's her only good move lol)
Monado Arts
Sheik f-air
Diddy Kong 1.0.4 u-air
Little Mac ground moves besides grab/dash attack
Luma

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
imo top moves:

Ness b-throw
Lucina f-smash (unfortunately it's her only good move lol)
Monado Arts
Sheik f-air
Diddy Kong 1.0.4 u-air
Little Mac ground moves besides grab/dash attack
Luma
What's with roy's f-smash...? It comes out faster, kills earlier, AND has more range if I remember correctly.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
What's with roy's f-smash...? It comes out faster, kills earlier, AND has more range if I remember correctly.
Roy's fsmash is broken. It kills at like 40% near the ledge. It also deals 20% damage UNCHARGED. I think the only Smashes that deal more are Ike's fsmash and Lucas's up smash, both of which have tremendous amounts of startup and end lag.

Last edited:
Lucina's f-smash comes out at frame 10, KO's at ridiculously low percentages 90% on ****ing Bowser without any need for sweetspots or sourspots, and it has less ending lag. Lucina's f-smash is really good tho. Overpowered move with not much flaws to balance it

Roy's f-smash comes out at frame 14 which is as fast/slow as Shulk and Little Mac's f-smash. It's more powerful (by a considerable margin) than Lucina's f-smash but the start-up and end-lag is worse for Roy. Roy's f-smash definitely has longer range but tipping Roy's attacks doesn't do much so it doesn't really matter anyway. I still think Roy's f-smash is ridiculous as **** but it has its notable weaknesses
Roy's fsmash is broken. It kills at like 40% near the ledge. It also deals 20% damage UNCHARGED. I think the only Smashes that deal more are Ike's fsmash and Lucas's up smash, both of which have tremendous amounts of startup and end lag.
Buster f-smash dealing 25% :p

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Lucario's usmash at max aura does 30%.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Roy's fullcharged neutral B does 50.
G&W's bucked deals 70% sweetspotted? I dunno, it just dealt 70 sometimes, and sometimes not.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Roy's fullcharged neutral B does 50.
G&W's bucked deals 70% sweetspotted? I dunno, it just dealt 70 sometimes, and sometimes not.
It depends on the strength of the absorbed projectiles.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Yes, all these moves are very good and help a lot but...how can you even compare these to MArts? They give you an EXTREME versatility, make your neutral and advantage and disadvantage waaaaaaay better and every single character in the game would grow like 3-4 tiers with them. Do you think a Sheik prefers a very good Fair or something that can make her mobility absolutely insane like Wat and makes her dominant in neutral miles better even then now lol, a move that let you survive at crazy crazy percentages and gives her a decent damage per hit and kill power?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Yes, all these moves are very good and help a lot but...how can you even compare these to MArts? They give you an EXTREME versatility, make your neutral and advantage and disadvantage waaaaaaay better and every single character in the game would grow like 3-4 tiers with them. Do you think a Sheik prefers a very good Fair or something that can make her mobility absolutely insane like Wat and makes her dominant in neutral miles better even then now lol, a move that let you survive at crazy crazy percentages and gives her a decent damage per hit and kill power?
I think a good sheikplayer would still prefere her f-air. It is honestly extremly hard to utilize shulk, without MALLC or good frame data, which is the most problematic thing about shulk.

He can be in theory unstopable, but there simply has been nobody around to show us the ultimate way yet.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
We're trying to figure out what's next.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
While it is true that Monado Arts can yield infinite versatility, the thing that is holding Shulk back is his frame data. The startup on all of his moves balances him out, and I kind of like that. You have to play around this and use Monado Arts in creative ways. Whenever you do find success with Shulk, it's very satisfying. Shulk is pretty much the reason I play Smash 4. Sakurai created a fantastic character in Shulk.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I use the monado arts to stop spacing charcters and go in, and when it works its the most satisfying thing in the game for me.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Psst so I've been wanting to do a Xenoblade wallpaper like thing with all the party members. I've been rather lazy with it but it has been getting worked on. These are suppose to be Chibis (ex. my current avatar) though so it is rather cutesy. But I would like to hear if it is appealing. I want them to pop out. I understand they take away the serious tone but I wanted to do my own take on this.
http://colorslive.com/details/2852184 (Dunban)
(Spoilers!) http://colorslive.com/details/2887640 (Seven)
On a side note enjoy this Xenoblade X hype picture(No real spoilers I just wanted to hide it a little bit.): https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkP1TTe-A

As for the side smash conversation I rarely use it. I'm more of a b-air and f-air killer even though admittedly its a bad habit. But then again any move combined with the smash art can be deadly. Also I didn't know Roy's Side Smash was that strong. Another thing to fear now. 20 damage in one quick move is nothing to just shake off.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I'm really curious what will their next game called.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I think I have a question...
I was under the assumption that Meyneth and Zanza had created the universe multiple times, and had wiped it out just as many times, when the beings decided to explore beyond... and that Xenoblade's iteration of the universe just happened to be the one in which Meyneth decided that enough was enough. Was this ever confirmed, either in-game or in the Monado Archives book? Or just an assumption I made?
With the talk of a Xenoblade prequel, I'm not sure if my understanding of the lore is flawed or not.
You could do a prequel in a previous universe iteration... though it'd be a pretty depressing ending (just like every other prequel ever) if it ends with the universe being wiped clean. And I guess it wouldn't be a Xenoblade prequel without Xenoblade's universe :p

Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
I think I have a question...
I was under the assumption that Meyneth and Zanza had created the universe multiple times, and had wiped it out just as many times, when the beings decided to explore beyond... and that Xenoblade's iteration of the universe just happened to be the one in which Meyneth decided that enough was enough. Was this ever confirmed, either in-game or in the Monado Archives book? Or just an assumption I made?
With the talk of a Xenoblade prequel, I'm not sure if my understanding of the lore is flawed or not.
You could do a prequel in a previous universe iteration... though it'd be a pretty depressing ending (just like every other prequel ever) if it ends with the universe being wiped clean. And I guess it wouldn't be a Xenoblade prequel without Xenoblade's universe :p
I've had someone else suggest an alternative prequel
'It was said by Dunban in one of his Heart to Heart's that Mumkhar came from a colony that was destroyed, a story on how they met each other would be a fine touch, I can only assume that it was through Dickson seeing as he gets around.
I think if they were to make a prequel about these three it would be sensible to take a page from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, having three separate campaigns to show their stories and points of view.

Dunban's would be the more traditional or conventional play through.
Mumkhar's would show his vulnerability and how he was corrupted by the Monado's power, a secondary plot to Dunban's.
Dickson's being tertiary, showing more detail on Zanza's story and his plot that wasn't really expanded upon in the original.
This set up would create a reason for multiple play through's and grant further intrigue on the history, or chronicles of the world.
While this set up isn't very popular, there is the other option in trying to fit it all into one plot which may distort the linearity of the plot.

As for Egil, I don't imagine much combat would really be involved as his story prior to his demise would have been behind the scenes and pulling the strings.
His story may be portrayed in a separate episode of cut scenes or shown throughout another characters story, much like Zanza's plot would be in Dickson's. Perhaps Mumkhar's to reflect his fate to become a Mechon.

With Egil there would also be more information on the Machina, as well as Meyneth. This would add more to the already massive amounts of lore in the world.'

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I've had someone else suggest an alternative prequel
'It was said by Dunban in one of his Heart to Heart's that Mumkhar came from a colony that was destroyed, a story on how they met each other would be a fine touch, I can only assume that it was through Dickson seeing as he gets around.
I think if they were to make a prequel about these three it would be sensible to take a page from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, having three separate campaigns to show their stories and points of view.

Dunban's would be the more traditional or conventional play through.
Mumkhar's would show his vulnerability and how he was corrupted by the Monado's power, a secondary plot to Dunban's.
Dickson's being tertiary, showing more detail on Zanza's story and his plot that wasn't really expanded upon in the original.
This set up would create a reason for multiple play through's and grant further intrigue on the history, or chronicles of the world.
While this set up isn't very popular, there is the other option in trying to fit it all into one plot which may distort the linearity of the plot.

As for Egil, I don't imagine much combat would really be involved as his story prior to his demise would have been behind the scenes and pulling the strings.
His story may be portrayed in a separate episode of cut scenes or shown throughout another characters story, much like Zanza's plot would be in Dickson's. Perhaps Mumkhar's to reflect his fate to become a Mechon.

With Egil there would also be more information on the Machina, as well as Meyneth. This would add more to the already massive amounts of lore in the world.'
I'm one of the few who unironically love Mumkhar, so a prequel that gave him backstory besides the throwaway lines in XC would be excellent. (I also personally love fanfiction that talks about the actual process of becoming a mechon, but I can't find much of it)
Expanding on the extinct giants would be neat. They seem to have been planned to be a major race, but nothing really got done with them. Other than Arglas being a host for Zanza.
Secret Campaign where you play as kingpin Bana and build up your Red Orb empire while destroying rival gangs.

I met some folks who played Xenoblade the other day, but I was occupied doing another task and so missed all the fun talk.

Top Bottom