• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Random question: Would anyone go through a Pokemon game with this team and these nicknames:
1) Shulkle (Shuckle)

2) Reynchu (Raichu)

3) Dunbansparse (Dunsparse)

4) Jujugigas (Regigigas)

5) Bisharla (Bisharp)

6) Electriki (Electrike)

7) Dittoson (Ditto)

8) Melletta (Melloetta)

9) Xorgoro (Pangoro)

10 Ortharim (Mothim)

11) Vaneauxe (Vanilluxe)

12) Fioraplume / Fiorun

13) Egilslash (Aigislash)

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Random question: Would anyone go through a Pokemon game with this team and these nicknames:
1) Shulkle (Shuckle)

2) Reynchu (Raichu)

4) Jujugigas (Regigigas)

5) Bisharla (Bisharp)

6) Electriki (Electrike)

7) Dittoson (Ditto)

8) Melletta (Melloetta)

9) Xorgoro (Pangoro)

10 Ortharim (Mothim)

11) Vaneauxe (Vanilluxe)

12) Fioraplume / Fiorun

I'd be very happy to do that.

And I see that we are switching names of this thread like everyday.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Things I need to remember with Shulk - Buster f-tilt's shield pushback isn't going to make it safe when your opponent has their back to the ledge.

Getting one of Bravely Default's VAs to sign your game? You just raised the net worth of that game case by $$$. Too bad it wasn't Agnes' VA...
Bryce Papenbrook (Tiz) was in my area last year - I really wish I'd had this idea back then. Fingers crossed that he will come out this way again, and the others will follow at some point.

Things I need to remember with Shulk - Buster f-tilt's shield pushback isn't going to make it safe when your opponent has their back to the ledge.
Yeah. Lol. You're better off with buster d-smash or.... well grabbing also works (almost all the time)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Just wanted to share this drawing I made of Lao:

Because I'm shameless. Also bess X character.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
1) Shulkle (Shuckle)

2) Reynchu (Raichu)

4) Jujugigas (Regigigas)

5) Bisharla (Bisharp)

6) Electriki (Electrike)

7) Dittoson (Ditto)

8) Melletta (Melloetta)

9) Xorgoro (Pangoro)

10 Ortharim (Mothim)

11) Vaneauxe (Vanilluxe)

12) Fioraplume / Fiorun

Nice, man. I always think Shiny Aegislash -> Monado. Actually, I've been mixing Pokémon and Xenoblade for a long while now... even in the metagame! Here are two different replays (from different tiers and different times) you all should definitely watch
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-158898358
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-59892506
I was doing it to represent Xenoblade in the metagame :p

...and I'm now doing the same thing in the Smash 4 metagame...

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nice, man. I always think Shiny Aegislash -> Monado. Actually, I've been mixing Pokémon and Xenoblade for a long while now... even in the metagame! Here are two different replays (from different tiers and different times) you all should definitely watch
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-158898358
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-59892506
I was doing it to represent Xenoblade in the metagame :p

...and I'm now doing the same thing in the Smash 4 metagame...
Try to move on to VGC (doubles), it is truly fun, needs critical thinking, and a lot of unusual pokemon are gods there.
Allows me for pretty epic xenoblade stuff aswell inside of a double battle. :3

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Yeah. Lol. You're better off with buster d-smash or.... well grabbing also works (almost all the time)
Whenever I go into Buster I need to kill the habit of assuming ftilt is always safe :laugh:
Besides, dsmash broken shields are much more entertaining.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Try to move on to VGC (doubles), it is truly fun, needs critical thinking, and a lot of unusual pokemon are gods there.
I was playing VGC Doubles competitively until almost two years ago. Indeed, it is fun, but eventually some of the attitudes in the community drove me out... And stupid Route 2 birds.

Anyone up for some Smash on 3DS?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I prefer Smogon rules to VGC, but doubles has always sort of interested me. It's not as prediction heavy as singles, and there definitely is more room for unique strategies/tactics. I just never tried it. I don't really want to get back into Pokémon, though. Sm4sh+Bravely Default+Splatoon+Pokémon would be to much for me :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Seeing the title

makes me want to revive the ultimate ship

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I prefer Smogon rules to VGC, but doubles has always sort of interested me. It's not as prediction heavy as singles, and there definitely is more room for unique strategies/tactics. I just never tried it. I don't really want to get back into Pokémon, though. Sm4sh+Bravely Default+Splatoon+Pokémon would be to much for me :p
For me, Doubles is the only way to play Pokemon. And it's true: there is more room for unique strategies... Or rather, there used to be, before Gen VI hit us. With Talonflame's (stupid OP) Gale Wings ability, half the great strategies you'd love to use went out the window. I mean, you can try, but against the metagame standard "goodstuffs" team, a lot of things that used to work don't anymore. I know I miss my Swift Swim Armaldo + Therian Tornadus team...

Also worth noting that earlier I played a bunch of matches on For Glory, and eventually ran into another Shulk player! We opened the fight with an up taunt, then had two close matches. He won both by a narrow margin. Then I switched to Robin, and won by a hair. Some fun matches.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
For me, Doubles is the only way to play Pokemon. And it's true: there is more room for unique strategies... Or rather, there used to be, before Gen VI hit us. With Talonflame's (stupid OP) Gale Wings ability, half the great strategies you'd love to use went out the window. I mean, you can try, but against the metagame standard "goodstuffs" team, a lot of things that used to work don't anymore. I know I miss my Swift Swim Armaldo + Therian Tornadus team...

Also worth noting that earlier I played a bunch of matches on For Glory, and eventually ran into another Shulk player! We opened the fight with an up taunt, then had two close matches. He won both by a narrow margin. Then I switched to Robin, and won by a hair. Some fun matches.
Praise the Stealth Rocks on singles. I don't like how everyone uses Protect on Doubles and Mega Kangaskhan shouldn't exist :ohwell:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Praise the Stealth Rocks on singles. I don't like how everyone uses Protect on Doubles and Mega Kangaskhan shouldn't exist :ohwell:
Haha

I agree about MegaKhan, but not Protect. Half the strategy in Doubles is predicting who the opponent will attack and using Protect wisely. It's annoying for Singles players, I know, but you couldn't really have Doubles without it. Not everyone wants to use DisQuake combos when they just want Earthquake, too.

Artritis- The act of ****ing up or not maximizing the utility of an art that's currently being used
Busteritis- The act of taking more damage than dealing damage in buster

If you suffer the latter, fear not. Buster will redeem itself with its amazing damage boost

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Artritis- The act of ****ing up or not maximizing the utility of an art that's currently being used
Busteritis- The act of taking more damage than dealing damage in buster

If you suffer the latter, fear not. Buster will redeem itself with its amazing damage boost
I believe I was suffering from both of those this morning. 50% rate on FG says it all.

Recommendations for those who are suffering busteritis:

1) Play a bit more defensively
2) Learn to love retreating f-airs
3) Learn to pivot f-tilt/pivot grab
4) Shield art = Panic button
5) Hope for the best

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman

5) Hope for the best
After reading this I realized that I might play Shulk too defensively. I then proceeded to go to fg and play 5 matches more offensively. At that time I also realized that my gc controller sucks at using the second jump after an air attack. I sd'ed almost every death. But I won 3-2 sooooo. Yay???

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
Is there a condition for suffering...MALLC's intangibility window?! :reverse:

MALLC 1 TN.jpg
Slip Counter
MALLC 2 TN.jpg
Paralyzer shot
MALLC 3 TN.jpg
Shulk's F-air

This has been a great ride for me and my MALLC usage in this patch! I've been getting a lot of highlights like these pictures! :smirk:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I really don't know why people need to make such uproars about a controversial support conversation. It's a game, this was added for humor. And on that side of it, I dig it. Aren't there a ton of other conversations in the series with similarly screwed up ideas? Try Tharja force-feeding Robin that eel dish... Or Henry switching bodies with Sumia using a hex...

Or Hector snoring through numbers class. :troll:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

5) Hope for the best
But what if I have Hyper Busteritis?

Considering the recent controversy over the FE character Soleil I'll post this, spoilered for those who don't want to see it
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm 95% sure this will get censored.

MALLC invincibility is something that I've been abusing for quite a while already hehe :p

Edit: When I remember to stop acting immediately off from MALLC

Last edited:

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I know that feeling. It just hurts playing against 9000 Luigis with frame two jabs ):

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Seems like Shulk is a character that it is easy to get disheartened with. When I was playing with my friends, Shulk was one of my favorite characters to wade into the fray with... Until they all started ganging up on me whenever I chose Shulk. And you know how that can be...

I did put him down for quite a while, except for 1v1 sometimes, but eventually I got back into it. Now I've gotten into the mentality of "play Shulk even when it's not a favorable match-up, just to learn him through and through." Sooner or later I'll put Greninja and Robin in there more regularly, but til then, I gotta focus...

I think I'll never understand why Luigi is hard for Shulk. Idk. Don't think Shulk or Luigi body each other but if it's anyone's favor, it's Shulk's but imo anyway

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I feel like a lot of the Luigi Shulk matchup is run away so you don't get grabbed.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
Oh, the actually match up of Luigi isn't hard at all, buster is a godsend in that match up with Luigi's already poor traction.
What I mean is my jealousy of his frame data. I still wish Shulk's jab was a little bit faster then five then he'd be literally perfect.

Oh, the actually match up of Luigi isn't hard at all, buster is a godsend in that match up with Luigi's already poor traction.
What I mean is my jealousy of his frame data. I still wish Shulk's jab was a little bit faster then five then he'd be literally perfect.
Sakurai will never accept our wishes D:

I tried

Top Bottom