• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Gonna encourage you guys with an amazing (and accurate) tweet~

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Gonna encourage you guys with an amazing (and accurate) tweet~
So went the next patch so they can nerf her just like they did Diddy?I wouldn't mind having her be the worst smash character ever. I know it will never happen but it good to dream.

I don't want Sheik to be nerfed into oblivion. That's the last thing I'd want

Her needles and f-air need nerfing though but Sakurai needs to do this nerf right (avoid overdoing it and avoid being too conservative). Easier said than done though

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Her needles and f-air need nerfing though but Sakurai needs to do this nerf right (avoid overdoing it and avoid being too conservative). Easier said than done though
Give her Up-B more Start-up laag, and make her F-air less combo-able + needle dmg down
Voila, balanced without putting her from top tier.

Last edited:

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
A nerf to Sheik's fair would definitely be nice. Her needles are annoying but I think her fair is even more annoying.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

Honestly, this is all that needs to be nerfed:

* Lower the damage on Needles
* Reduce her F-airs range
* Give her a little freaking landing lag on her aerials so she isn't as annoying and strong a combo monster
* Maybe give her Up B less KB potency and a bit more start up, it makes her that much harder to gimp honestly when you're at risk of that

If those nerfs are implemented, she'll be more balanced, and the game'll be better for it. Then we can focus on :4sonic:, :4luigi:, and :rosalina: next hopefully. Once they're out of the way (and balanced correctly), the game will be fine and balanced.

Last edited:

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan

* Give her a little freaking landing lag on her aerials so she isn't as annoying and strong a combo monster
* Maybe give her Up B less KB potency and a bit more start up, it makes her that much harder to gimp honestly when you're at risk of that

If those nerfs are implemented, she'll be more balanced, and the game'll be better for it. Then we can focus on :4sonic:, :4luigi:, and :rosalina: next hopefully. Once they're out of the way (and balanced correctly), the game will be fine and balanced.
Honestly I don't have a lot of trouble with RosaLuma and Luigi. Sonic is super annoying, though.

Although I doubt Shulk has trouble against Luigi or Rosalina (or at least, that much trouble but I honestly don't think it's hard), Luigi and Sonic need a nerf. Not saying Luigi is OP or anything. He's just too braindead. Too much reward for a character that isn't even hard to play. Sonic.... is self-explanatory.

Rosalina, I don't think she needs significant nerfs. Maybe some simple slaps-on-the-wrists but nothing major or anything

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Honestly I don't have a lot of trouble with RosaLuma and Luigi. Sonic is super annoying, though.
I'm the opposite. It's different for everyone, but I'd say those three could use a little bit of nerfing.

Not saying Luigi is OP or anything. He's just too braindead. Too much reward for a character that isn't even hard to play.
Completely agree with that statement.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Although I doubt Shulk has trouble against Luigi or Rosalina (or at least, that much trouble but I honestly don't think it's hard), Luigi and Sonic need a nerf. Not saying Luigi is OP or anything. He's just too braindead. Too much reward for a character that isn't even hard to play. Sonic.... is self-explanatory.

Rosalina, I don't think she needs significant nerfs. Maybe some simple slaps-on-the-wrists but nothing major or anything
I don't have much trouble with Rosa, but I'm talking about nerfing her in terms of balancing things for the whole cast. Luma's too strong and annoying as a wall that Rosalina really just stomps on any char. that isn't technical, a sword fighter, or a top. : \ Although I'd honestly just be fine with Luma being nerfed, like maybe a bit less HP and a bit less insane KB from U-air/U-smash and jab from him and she'd be fine.

As for Luigi, he's not broken, but in balancing standards, too much reward for such braindead play really, and in the hands of a good player, he's even more deadly and hard to combat. He definitely needs a nerf. And yeah, Sonic's explanatory, it's ridiculous. NO idea how they'd go about fixing him though, how complex and annoying he can be with his moveset, nerfing B-throw isn't going to solve anything when that's not the only and main problem.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

You repeated my opinion! Anyways, I think no one else needs a nerv except Rosaluma, maybe taking a bit health from the luma again.
Luigi isn't really all that good in recovering, and I honestly like the way he is right now... Play him myself, and he is fun currently. Maybe a dmg nerv, but hell, don't touch that framedata.
Sonic IS annoying, but he already got his terrible designed killthrow gone, and otherwise I think he can get a few more frames of lag...

Edit: I just noticed how wrong I was. Scratch that, everyone in top tier could need a little nerv.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
You repeated my opinion! Anyways, I think no one else needs a nerv except Rosaluma, maybe taking a bit health from the luma again.
Luigi isn't really all that good in recovering, and I honestly like the way he is right now... Play him myself, and he is fun currently. Maybe a dmg nerv, but hell, don't touch that framedata.
Sonic IS annoying, but he already got his terrible designed killthrow gone, and otherwise I think he can get a few more frames of lag...

Edit: I just noticed how wrong I was. Scratch that, everyone in top tier could need a little nerv.
Exactly, because I completely agreed with your opinion! : ) I just added a little extra about landing lag and the KB potency nerf on Sheik's Up B.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything, give Luigi damage nerfs or something. Sometimes, I do think his damage output is ridiculous (Luigi's 12% nair vs. Mario's 9% nair), but I think that he is intended to be a punish character. If you are wide open, Luigi can and will capitalize on it and give the opponent a crapton of damage.
Luigi's gameplay is only braindead in the hands of someone who is playing to win. Just Fireball spam and grab for days. No aerial usage in neutral or going for other KO options. In the hands of a good and dedicated Luigi player, he can be one of the most deadly characters to fight against.
Luigi's frame data doesn't need to be touched really. His frames aren't really abusable and his aerial range sucks. Nerfs to that will do more harm than good for him.

As for Sheik, she needs nerfs in my eyes if she is still this good. I would remove utility in her fair and Needles. For fair, they could give it less range and add more end and landing lag. I can't say much on Sonic and Rosalina.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
If anyone needs a nerf, I think it should be Yoshi. Maybe it's because I always lose against Yoshi but still
Yoshi? I am a bit annoyed by it, but not really a character I REALLY need to have nerved. Most of the people I see who have problems, mostly don't Airdodge at all.

But i do still understand that hatred against yoshi... It lingers inside me too.

Edit: Your Image is still broken for me.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Yoshi? I am a bit annoyed by it, but not really a character I REALLY need to have nerved. Most of the people I see who have problems, mostly don't Airdodge at all.

But i do still understand that hatred against yoshi... It lingers inside me too.

Edit: Your Image is still broken for me.
The thing about Yoshi is that he's so finicky with his air mobility that it's hard to punish and gimp him. But after having practice with the match up, I found he's not tooo hard for Shulk to deal with as long as you remember how far Yoshi's mobility takes him with his attacks honestly. His F-Smash being so ridiculously fast is annoying though, I admit.

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
It's the super armour that gets me. I was knocked out in losers bracket by a Yoshi in the last tournament I attended. He just forced me to approach with eggs and utilised the super armour really well.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Personally I think the nerfs that Shiek deserves are:
-Significantly less range on her needlesremoving at least her ability to camp
-A little less range on her Fair
-More start up lag on Upb making her somewhat gimpable
After this I think she's perfectly fine, maybe still Top Tier but someone has to be, right?
For Luigi a dmg nerf should do the job
For Rosa, less HO on Luma and less priority and power on Luma's attacks, maybe also increased respawn time. Maybe it's too much but Rosa is really the ONLY frustrating character in Sm4sh while being worse than Shiek.
For Sonic...maybe a knockback nerf? (I don't really feel he deserves a nerf that much onestly)
Also, more important, buff to Low tier. This patch already did a great job but Low Tiers need a bit ore imo

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
For Sheik, I think the only thing that should be changed is giving her fair more landing lag so it combos less. She shouldn't be able to go TUH TUH TUH 25 times within like a second smh. Luigi and Rosalina might be super annoying, but I think they're fine. I'd much rather the lower tier characters get meaningful buffs instead of destroying the higher tier ones

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Don't mean to interrupt in our very interesting debate on top tier nerfs, but would anyone be up for some games? Got some time to kill

D

Deleted member

Don't mean to interrupt in our very interesting debate on top tier nerfs, but would anyone be up for some games? Got some time to kill
I doubt that you're still available, but I would like to have some games on the Wii U version.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I don't think Yoshi is too bad honestly. I played around with him as a possible main since I play him very akin to jump Shulk weaving in and out in the air. He's definitely a good character, but most of his strings rely on utilt and if you get familiar with the match up it'll just boil heh down to yoshi egging and fairing.
I don't think he needs a nerf, and he didn't even work out for me.

D

Deleted member

I really hate Yoshi's down aerial. I have bad moments against it.
I get combo'd, shield broken, or gimped from it... sometimes I think the damage is too ridiculous.
That move just makes me salty.

D

Deleted member

Good games indeed! Those misfires. I cry evrytyme.
Good games! You have a pretty impressive (and disrespectful :p) Shulk! I had a lot of fun in our matches! :)
Oh yeah! That match made me laugh! I can't believe that happened!

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Good games! You have a pretty impressive (and disrespectful :p) Shulk! I had a lot of fun in our matches! :)
Oh yeah! That match made me laugh! I can't believe that happened!
Ahahaha, I try not to be! It just ends up being disrespectful. :p Me too! Your wide array of characters are very good, but that Luigi... Crazy! There was that one time where I'd got you really far off the side, I was setting up for an edgeguard and you just misfire back onto the stage... :'c

D

Deleted member

Ahahaha, I try not to be! It just ends up being disrespectful. :p Me too! Your wide array of characters are very good, but that Luigi... Crazy! There was that one time where I'd got you really far off the side, I was setting up for an edgeguard and you just misfire back onto the stage... :'c
That's why I laughed. I had more odds stacked against me and then that happens... RNGesus must be shining down upon me.
And thank you! I always am willing to improve my skills with Luigi! :)

The thing about Yoshi is that he's so finicky with his air mobility that it's hard to punish and gimp him. But after having practice with the match up, I found he's not tooo hard for Shulk to deal with as long as you remember how far Yoshi's mobility takes him with his attacks honestly. His F-Smash being so ridiculously fast is annoying though, I admit.
His f-smash is actually as fast as Shulk's

The horrible thing aboutthat is, it has similar range too...
Will disagree with that notion. Yoshi's head is intangible but in the end, Shulk's f-smash has more range (at least, that's what I observed in my matches against Yoshi players). Well actually, Shulk's f-smash has lot of range for a frame 14 kill move now that I think about it.

Don't think Yoshi needs anymore nerfing. People overrate him too much

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Will disagree with that notion. Yoshi's head is intangible but in the end, Shulk's f-smash has more range (at least, that's what I observed in my matches against Yoshi players). Well actually, Shulk's f-smash has lot of range for a frame 14 kill move now that I think about it.

Don't think Yoshi needs anymore nerfing. People overrate him too much
Of course shulk as more range, similar doesn't mean exact the same.
I just have problems with character who seem to lack lot of range against yoshi's absurd moving attacks.

By all means, yoshi IS overrated, I don't have problems with him, just mentioned that I was catched by his moves off guard, and can relate to that feeling.

There's nothing wrong with simplicity. It makes life easier for most people, at least. It also allows a game to be more accessible which means the respective fighting scene grows

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd like to see this on the next patch:
-More lag on Fox and Sheik's aerials
-2 less hits on Yoshi's DAir
-1.0.4 Shulk-tier buffs for Zelda and Samus
-More Air Speed on Charizard (It's a Flying Type and it needs better movement)
-More knockback on Air Slash's second hit

-A safe killing move for Lucas

Also, any tips to be less Vision/FSmash dependant when killing? I've been having that problem lately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom