• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Oh, the actually match up of Luigi isn't hard at all, buster is a godsend in that match up with Luigi's already poor traction.
What I mean is my jealousy of his frame data. I still wish Shulk's jab was a little bit faster then five then he'd be literally perfect.
- Buster ftilts Luigi's shield
- Watch him slide across the entire field

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
Wow. Alright, so I was JUST about to win my first ranked set on Anther's Ladder (I won two games in a row and all I had to do was hit the WIN button) when the site goes down for server transfer. Fanfricken-tastic.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Wow. Alright, so I was JUST about to win my first ranked set on Anther's Ladder (I won two games in a row and all I had to do was hit the WIN button) when the site goes down for server transfer. Fanfricken-tastic.

(I should use Anther's Ladder at some point...)

Last edited:
Busteeerererererrereerrererererererererereerererererrerererererereererererererererervbeutsrerev

Hi guys

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Busteeeeeerrrrrrerorerorerorerorerorerorero
Hi.

And with that, my procrastination is starting up again...

Last edited:
I'm so up and down with Robin

Sometimes, I do so well and other times, I suck really hard (edit) when I play as her

Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
I have experience of this matchup when I faced @XenoBrawler610. Nair is very useful to get in whilst they're using fireballs. You just have to space really well to avoid being grabbed.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can use most of the cast relatively well, but Robin has always been very hard for me personally.

I only have confidence in Shulk in tournaments tbh. I'd have more confidence in Fox if I put more time into him

I use Zard for doubles tho. Mega Man + Charizard is the ****

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I only have confidence in Shulk in tournaments tbh. I'd have more confidence in Fox if I put more time into him

You know which is the best partner for roy?
Of course another roy...

Jokes aside, I always thought shulk and wft are a good double team.

I don't know why but my natural instinct with Shulk is to attempt to bop anyone in my way

Anyone

That includes my teammate

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I live in an area where tourneys are very rare, but if I could ever go to one I'd probably go Shulk, Lucas or Ness. Need to work a bit on my art cancels though.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Technically Shulk+Kirby in doubles is the best couple you can do with Shulk. If 4vs4 become an actual thing (I hope so) imagine having 3 Jump Kirby that fly around forever lol. Or the insane combo they can do in Buster.

I think 3v3's are the best. I have an ideal team in 3v3's although I prefer to not use Shulk because of my natural instincts with him. Lol. Also, doubles/3v3's >>>> singles

GW is broken and OP in doubles tho

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I think 3v3's are the best. I have an ideal team in 3v3's although I prefer to not use Shulk because of my natural instincts with him. Lol. Also, doubles/3v3's >>>> singles

GW is broken and OP in doubles tho
I gotta say, I DO enjoy doubles more than 3v3.
But singles? Singles are simply the easiest way to get the max out of your character.
Doubles help lower or worse character to do well, since a few moves have much more use now.

Kinda like in pokemon... VGC > Smogon all day.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I like singles the most, but I love doubles too. Don't know what to think of 3v3's honestly.

I definitely like singles for what it is and for what it does for myself and my perspective on Shulk and his potential, but doubles are waaaay more hype. Hungrybox going ham with rests like it was nothing. Holy ****

3v3 is more tactical imo and there are some hilarious exploits with it

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Yeah, probably 4vs4 is too confusional. 3vs3 is nice and better than doubles. My ideal team for 3vs3 is Shulk+Kirby+G&W. Shulk and Kirby for obv reasons, and G&W can absorb Kirby's Upb (I think) and use the bull**** tactic. If he can't, then the perfect team is Shulk+Sheik+G&W for me

Sheik+GW is so good, it's like Shulk is just there in the team for the sake of being a part of the team

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I definitely like singles for what it is and for what it does for myself and my perspective on Shulk and his potential, but doubles are waaaay more hype. Hungrybox going ham with rests like it was nothing. Holy ****

3v3 is more tactical imo and there are some hilarious exploits with it

Nothing is more hype than team combos honestly.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Sheik+G&W is broken. I put in Shulk because it's my ideal team and I use him lol,but the truth is that Sheik+G&W+G&W is absolutely bull**** and broken because they can fill two buckets at the same time.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Has anyone else have played XCX till the end?

I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one here.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I don't play doubles too much but I definitely love them. It's a lot more fun and less stressful when you have someone else to cover you back, and of course team combos for d a y s. I really want to see more 3 vs. 3 and 4 vs. 4s in tournaments, it'd be really entertaining

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice

I watched playthroughs on Twitch and visited other sites with brief translations to understand the general idea of the story on the first week it was released. I'm that impatient! :ohwell:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't wait for X. Not spoiled yet either thankfully.

:4shulk::4feroy::4myfriends: seems like a good 3-man team btw

Roy rushes in and dishes out a ****load of damage
Ike assists Roy primarily and does team combos with him
Shulk uses mobility arts or even buster to help them from time to time

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Team generic fire emblem swordsmen :troll:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
RE: awkward characters: IMO :4peach::4wiifit::4miigun: are the most awkward to play.

RE: doubles: :4shulk:x:4mewtwo:. Disable x Back Slash, they can't escape! :D

RE: 3v3 or 4v4: I don't care.

RE:

Most of us live in not-Japan/not-near Japan.

RE:

RIP projectile walls

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Been working on my shulk after a bit of a hiatus with him so im comfortable posting in these threads now.

Don't have much experience with doubles shulk, but i've been messing around in doubles lately with a pika main and its been amazing when something works. I find the Uthrow to an shulks up air or air slash to be pretty effective, and pika's aerials can help hold an opponent in place os set them up for something for shulk to bop them with.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Apparently Flamethrower against Lucas' PSI Magnet heals 100% in 3 seconds. GG.

You know which is the best partner for roy?
Of course another roy...

Jokes aside, I always thought shulk and wft are a good double team.
I've got a friend who mains Wii Fit Trainer and Mii Gunner - we teamed up for a Doubles tourney once. I really agree with you here. Both of those guys have decent ranged projectiles, stuff like WFT's ball can be maneuvered over Shulk if he's in the way. In my unprofessional opinion, WFT/Gunner handles the long-range guys that Shulk can't deal with, Shulk can handle the close-range guys that I'm sure they probably struggle with, and both are excellent at mid-range.

Technically Shulk+Kirby in doubles is the best couple you can do with Shulk. If 4vs4 become an actual thing (I hope so) imagine having 3 Jump Kirby that fly around forever lol. Or the insane combo they can do in Buster.
They're a thing in my area! We've tested the waters and get about 7-8 teams per event, and have started working it into the Singles/Doubles cycle we do.
To keep things healthy and stop some really stupid strategies,
  • No one team can have two of the same character.
  • After Round 1, the winning team bans one character from both teams for the round, and the losing team bans two.
Initially I was hesitant at character bans, but if you really don't want to deal with G&W's bull****, or want to stop Ness and a projectile user from sneaking away and healing, then you can do that. I honestly think being forced to switch up characters and team strategies makes things more interesting.
There's so many great stories to come from stuff like this. In my team alone, we had a situation where an opposing high-% Ganon went to side-B to recover, and our Greninja accidentally Shadow Sneak recovered into it. Our Ness reacted and PK Fire'd him out of the Ganoncide. Even better, I got to see our WFT go 1v4 and win a few weeks ago.
Shulk is so great in 4v4. Shield will stock tank forever and Buster can dish out so much damage... though with so much range you've really got to be wary of where your teammates are.

It is most certainly as chaotic as it sounds, but it is incredibly fun. Talking to your teammates is really helpful, too. If you'd like to see one, this was the first one done in my area. No points for guessing which character I was. (Also this was 5 months ago and had slightly different rules, so I'm much better now I swear ;_; ).
In the first match I got Stock Shared by WFT at the worst possible time and then killed by them, but I'd gladly offer that stock again to watch them fight Link at the end again. So damn tense.
Whoever picked regular Battlefield for 8P Smash in the next match is evil.

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I want to do doubles or triples so badly. But all my RL friends don't play smash. The only teams I can play is just with my online friends or FG(Which sucks really badly).

I remember using Sheik at friendlies

All I tried doing was f-air spam and needle spam. I was called a fraud for that

Lmao

Top Bottom