• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
You guys sort of know this but I'm leaving at like... tonight in my time zone. @ Neo Zero Neo Zero will watch over all of you with his red vision :demon:

Anyway, as for the threads that I handle. I would say that I'd ask Neo Zero to update those, if he wants to. If he doesn't (which is fine), then I can count on you guys can take initiative on updating the threads despite the thread title or OP saying otherwise :D

I'll be off for 3 weeks. I may have internet access or not. Who knows? I'm betting against it tho so
I'll try my best too.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Yo. . . E-Triple needs to come faster. I need confirmation of what day I can expect Elma to be in my life. ;w;

In the meantime, I've started Paper Mario 64 again to pass some time. . . At least until Splatoon. Still haven't purchased XC3D yet, either. . . I'll get to it eventually. Ha ha.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I recently got to Makna Forest and it just drives me nuts. Its constantly loading trees and bushes and such. I looks weird when you're just running around and new stuff is popping up constantly. It would have looked better if they split the forest in half or something.
I don't nit pick graphics but it looks odd to me.
Btw Fiora Shulk ftw.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
the moment when spoilers is spelled wrong smh lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Guys Shulk has his own team in the latest Wii U conquest. If anyone cares.
Most of us don't.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I recently got to Makna Forest and it just drives me nuts. Its constantly loading trees and bushes and such. I looks weird when you're just running around and new stuff is popping up constantly. It would have looked better if they split the forest in half or something.
I don't nit pick graphics but it looks odd to me.
Btw Fiora Shulk ftw.
I just got there on 3DS and I kind of agree, the trees look a little rough. I swear it wasn't quite so bad on the Wii version :laugh: I can't put my finger on what the difference is exactly (aside from graphical quality).

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Slow days huh?
I guess so. Look at what happens when beserker doesn't come here and tell us to participate in other threads. ;)

Anyway, may as well say something - tournament today, 13th/81, one day I'll learn not to aerial into shields.

Went up against the top player in the region - last time I faced him, I got absolutely destroyed. Couldn't even approach that Villager, just a stream of slingshots and Gyroids. This time... the matches were pretty close! Kept myself at a good range and used aerials to cut through the slingshots, Speed to get in/out. He won 2-0 in best of three, but both matches left him on one stock and about 70%. I tend to gauge my progress based on how I perform against the good players, so I feel like I've learned something despite never playing Smash outside of tourneys. In general, I think I'm playing the defensive game a little better. You can't screw up an approach if you don't make one.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I guess so. Look at what happens when beserker doesn't come here and tell us to participate in other threads. ;)

Anyway, may as well say something - tournament today, 13th/81, one day I'll learn not to aerial into shields.

Went up against the top player in the region - last time I faced him, I got absolutely destroyed. Couldn't even approach that Villager, just a stream of slingshots and Gyroids. This time... the matches were pretty close! Kept myself at a good range and used aerials to cut through the slingshots, Speed to get in/out. He won 2-0 in best of three, but both matches left him on one stock and about 70%. I tend to gauge my progress based on how I perform against the good players, so I feel like I've learned something despite never playing Smash outside of tourneys. In general, I think I'm playing the defensive game a little better. You can't screw up an approach if you don't make one.
Nice job! I have that bad habit too. lol

This forum really is completely silent without berserker.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I find villager extra rough with trip sapling! He's at very least not the worst person to aerial into shields as because he can only nair to punish with such a bad grab.

D

Deleted member

It is not! I will be the new berserker.
... SOMEHOW! How about taking a good old cup of "what is your personal nightmare match-up?"
Mega Man
Any character vs. Mega Man
I hate fighting Mega Man because I dunno how to counter him and his matches take an eternity.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Mega Man
Any character vs. Mega Man
I hate fighting Mega Man because I dunno how to counter him and his matches take an eternity.
Can absolutely relate to that. I play Megamen myself and... the matches seem to be quite a drag, but still always very fun and intense. Against megamen I don't really have any real advise, since he can keep us pretty much in check, abusing our range and punishing him for his missed attacks would be my only advise.
I just feel like I can never get close to those characters. It annoys me to death. That's just me.
Robin isn't that hard to deal with, since his tomes are expandable. You just need to learn some kind of rythm, and keep pressuring him after he wasted his resources. Backslash leaped me over some arkfires sometimes, and airslash has a much wider range than you'd guessed, but can be punished equally easy.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
What's the team name?
It's just Team Shulk. And the Conquest is called "Counter Intuitive" (at least, in Europe and Oceania). Shulk/Peach/Ike vs. Greninja/Marth/Lucina vs. Little Mac/Palutena/Lucario.

But doesn't everyone in this game have a counter? :troll:

In terms of matchups, anyone have advice about Diddy Kong? I've only ever fought two of them (one under the nerf) and got absolutely destroyed both times for a lack of matchup knowledge. All I know is "dodge the banana, avoid the grabs" and I did an excellent job at getting hit by bananas and getting grabbed.

Anyway, I hate facing Fox, Sonic, Ness and Rosalina. Could just be a serious lack of matchup experience, though.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Oh, characters we hate facing? salt incoming
Sonic. SonicSonicSonic. All he does is spin to win and gives you no room to breathe and I'm just like pls spin out of my life ok. I don't really mind fighting anyone else but Rosalina can be a little annoying.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Sonic. SonicSonicSonic. All he does is spin to win and gives you no room to breathe and I'm just like pls spin out of my life ok. I don't really mind fighting anyone else but Rosalina can be a little annoying.
I personally had never problems with sonic... maybe because one of my best friends mains him.
Abuse your range, pretty much everything he does can be solved by throwing our sword into him.

It's just Team Shulk. And the Conquest is called "Counter Intuitive" (at least, in Europe and Oceania). Shulk/Peach/Ike vs. Greninja/Marth/Lucina vs. Little Mac/Palutena/Lucario.

But doesn't everyone in this game have a counter? :troll:

In terms of matchups, anyone have advice about Diddy Kong? I've only ever fought two of them (one under the nerf) and got absolutely destroyed both times for a lack of matchup knowledge. All I know is "dodge the banana, avoid the grabs" and I did an excellent job at getting hit by bananas and getting grabbed.

Anyway, I hate facing Fox, Sonic, Ness and Rosalina. Could just be a serious lack of matchup experience, though.
Pretty much listed my hate match-ups. Except replace sonic with yoshi.

D

Deleted member

I really don't like fighting either Mario bro, Fox and Rosalina (so hard to land against her...), but I think that might be because of my lack of MU EXP.

For characters I really really REALLY hate fighting against, it's easily Sanic lol. Main reason I picked up Pikachu (outside of loving the little rat of course).

Last edited by a moderator:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, i must prepare for the saltstorm.
Eh, whatever. I hate Captain Falcon so MUCH!

D

Deleted member

For me, that character is Pac-Man, but that's probably because I'm not used to his playstyle.

D

Deleted member

That moment when @ Neo Zero Neo Zero changes his avatar.

RIP KOS-MOS. I have yet to play Xenosaga, but I admire that fitting color palette.

Neo Zero KOS-MOS.png

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
It is not! I will be the new berserker.
... SOMEHOW! How about taking a good old cup of "what is your personal nightmare match-up?"
If I see Sonic, Falcon, or Diddy I kind of start sandbagging lol

Happens occasionally with Fox as well.

RIP when literally all of my friends play Falcon now

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I remember I destroyed a for glory sonic while taking away his first and getting no damage in that stock.
But good Sonic's umm yeah that's a different story.
Freaking Fox and his lazers. No matter how many times I jump out of them they never stop.

Top Bottom