• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Apparently "Dickson" isn't censored anymore! What manner of witchcraft is this?!

RIP when literally all of my friends play Falcon now
Every tournament I attend.

Local Meta is "Play Falcon, don't tech the stage spikes".

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well,falcon sureis popular. I play Luigi to stop this madness...

Also, guys do you know how happy I feel when some strangers wanna play and laugh at me when I pick Luigi?
They laugh once. And apparently don't know how to airdodge, since I was called a hacker. I played then Shulk on their 3ds and... was really feeling it.

Also, I played through ALL characters in the game now, and decided to train shulk this week until my finger break... since he made it into my 3 mains.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Compared to the Zelda social, most other socials go pretty slow. Unless there's some sort of discussion going on don't expect a lot of activity. (Especially with @berserker. mia)
Yea i know that compared to the Zelda thread almost all others go slow but, still i thought this was a more popular one, and one more thing this is a question. How do i get a picture for my signature?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yea i know that compared to the Zelda thread almost all others go slow but, still i thought this was a more popular one, and one more thing this is a question. How do i get a picture for my signature?
Hover over your name in the top right, then click signature. Put whatever image you want in your sig in the box by clicking the image button on the bar. Be sure to post a direct link from a place like imgur. :)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well, I think it's going slow because there are low topics. We barely can spoiler about xenoblade-x here, since nearly no one can talk about it anyways, since no one wants to get spoilered.

Also, to get a topic running... I guess everyone here played Xenoblade, so... what is your favourite party combination? Can be because you like the characters, or because the strategy is nice, just wanna hear a few ideas. Mine is...
Melia, Rikki, Dunban
C'mon. Melia + Rikki are damn cute, and Dunban has something butler-like on him.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think it's going slow because there are low topics. We barely can spoiler about xenoblade-x here, since nearly no one can talk about it anyways, since no one wants to get spoilered.

Also, to get a topic running... I guess everyone here played Xenoblade, so... what is your favourite party combination? Can be because you like the characters, or because the strategy is nice, just wanna hear a few ideas. Mine is...
Melia, Rikki, Dunban
Ok i'll bite.
Melia, Dunban, Shulk.
or Shulk, Reyn/Riki, Dunban

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Ok i'll bite.
Melia, Dunban, Shulk.
or Shulk, Reyn/Riki, Dunban
Ahhh, good one.
But I feel like melia + shulk on the same team would result in melia not doing so much damage, or shulk spamming wrong arts all the time... his poor KI... And I love the shulk rikki dunban team as well!

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh, good one.
But I feel like melia + shulk on the same team would result in melia not doing so much damage, or shulk spamming wrong arts all the time... his poor KI... And I love the shulk rikki dunban team as well!
For me, Shulk like never does the wrong thing, and i like having Melia's attack buffs with Shulk's and Dunban's high attack. I also love Shulk, Dunban, Riki, and when Shulk was announced for Smash4 i used nothing but Shulk, Dunban, and Riki for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Melia, Rikki, Dunban
C'mon. Melia + Rikki are damn cute, and Dunban has something butler-like on him.
Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla, which means I get to hear such amusing voice clips as "Sharla, with you around, I fight twice as hard." I pick them purely for gameplay reasons, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Melia, Rikki, Dunban
Shulk, Dunban, Melia/Riki

Support, Tank, DPS/healing

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Melia, Rikki, Dunban
My favorite and most used party is Shulk, Melia, and Seven with Seven in the lead. I know that's absolutely a horrible team because Shulk and Melia's AI are nonexistent, but they're my favorite characters in the game and Seven is in the lead because they're my favorite Xenoblade character. I'll mix it around sometimes though, usually changing the order or swapping Sharla in.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't really have a favorite combination but I usually have Sharla on my team. Not having a Healer in a game like this stresses me out. ;-;

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've actually been playing like 90% of my recent stuff with Seven because I like having equal affinity among all characters and lol late joining

Seven is literally
Power Drain --> Speed Shift --> spam autoattacks --> Chain Attack --> Gun Drones --> win

pretty braindead

these are the characters I like playing in order
Melia --> Shulk --> Riki --> Dunban --> Seven --> Sharla --> Reyn

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Yeah, the Mechon trophies all came through in a flood for me, as well as a bunch of trophies for other things. There must be some kind of unlocking condition. Only thing I can think of for when I did it was completing Classic Mode with enough characters.
Maaaan, spoilers so bad... even for Bronze Face...

Edit: Something I noticed. In Japan he's called Bronze Face before he tells you his name. In English I thought it was the same, but he's actually "Mysterious Face" during the fight.

As for a team, I mix and match everyone and don't really have a favourite. I always make a point of bringing plot-relevant characters to their boss fights.
Like Dunban vs. Metal Face at Galahad Fortress, Sharla vs. Jade Face, Melia vs. YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yeah, the Mechon trophies all came through in a flood for me, as well as a bunch of trophies for other things. There must be some kind of unlocking condition. Only thing I can think of for when I did it was completing Classic Mode with enough characters.
Maaaan, spoilers so bad... even for Bronze Face...

Edit: Something I noticed. In Japan he's called Bronze Face before he tells you his name. In English I thought it was the same, but he's actually "Mysterious Face" during the fight.

As for a team, I mix and match everyone and don't really have a favourite. I always make a point of bringing plot-relevant characters to their boss fights.
Like Dunban vs. Metal Face at Galahad Fortress, Sharla vs. Jade Face, Melia vs. YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE
To be fair Melia is really good against that boss

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ok thank you, it's been a while sense i've played Xenoblade and the last time i did was me trying to do a 100% run. Currently in Gaur plain.
Good luck with that.

I can't get all achievements. I don't want to die hundreds of times, wiped out tons of times or revive my members for loads of times >.< Oh and killing 5000 enemies, without a counter, it's a real hassle. I thought the process of maxing out all arts, skills and gems would get me that achievement!

Well atleast I managed to finish the game 97% on my first playthrough. I am feeling inclined to pick up the game again in a few months though.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
The xenoblade trophys spoil things so badly its crazy.
Plus I can't find the Juju trophy.:troll:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I still think "spolers" is funny for some reason.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well, let's think of the 5 places...
Roy and ryu excluded, so we got...
Seven/Melia, Isaac, Shovelknight, Bayonetta, and... Shantae?

Those would be the most obvious ones, beside waluigi. I still want bomberman.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, let's think of the 5 places...
Roy and ryu excluded, so we got...
Seven/Melia, Isaac, Shovelknight, Bayonetta, and... Shantae?

Those would be the most obvious ones, beside waluigi. I still want bomberman.
K.Rool is pretty much THE most wanted kharakter. Shovel Knight and Bayonetta not only have copyright issues but also that Shovel Knight hasn't been released in Japan currently and Bayonetta's flirty and 'mature' personality

Top Bottom