• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

D

Deleted member

Don't Conquests also consider For Fun battles? And no matter what I feel as if he'd less popular in FFAs...
Little Mac is dominant in For Glory because it's basically the stage he benefits in the most; a flat stage with no platforms.

In For Fun, he's probably less used because there are a crapton of stages with platforms. If he goes to a stage that is platform heavy, he's basically screwed; even level 9 Little Macs couldn't handle Palutena's Temple in an 8-Player free-for-all.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I thought the point of the dolls was to be OP. Do they get destroyed easily, considering all the insurance and stuff they added into the game? Still, I am so jelly lol that Japan got the game SO early. Why does localization have to take so long >.<?
They don't get destroyed easily. Besides when your skells get close to being destroyed just get out of them. You can still get them through insurance. I'm not from Japan but I speak not read the language. I'm guessing it's taking so long because the sheer amount of text and voices they have to translate. There are a lot of things.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
They don't get destroyed easily. Besides when your skells get close to being destroyed just get out of them. You can still get them through insurance. I'm not from Japan but I speak not read the language. I'm guessing it's taking so long because the sheer amount of text and voices they have to translate. There are a lot of things.
Oh. I did read in an Iwata Asks that the main director was not that keen to include all this insurance and stuff but the team still went along with it anyway resulting in the current scheme.

I understand that for such a huge game with tons and tons of text and voices, localization would take some time but Nintendo should start the process earlier so that there is not a huge half-year gap between a Japan release and a EU/US release. It is not the case of Xenoblade where a localization wasn't even planned, X is clearly being marketed towards the foreign audience as well. Oh well, looks we will have to keep waiting for quite a while >.<

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Oh. I did read in an Iwata Asks that the main director was not that keen to include all this insurance and stuff but the team still went along with it anyway resulting in the current scheme.

I understand that for such a huge game with tons and tons of text and voices, localization would take some time but Nintendo should start the process earlier so that there is not a huge half-year gap between a Japan release and a EU/US release. It is not the case of Xenoblade where a localization wasn't even planned, X is clearly being marketed towards the foreign audience as well. Oh well, looks we will have to keep waiting for quite a while >.<
I've confidence I'll come out this year. It's actually a bit of a curse for me because I personally don't have a Wii U, so whenever I want to play the game I've to go someplace else.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
So, anyone else going to be disappointed if the voice actors aren't British anymore?
Not me. It's to be expected. Besides if they have been British voice actors, it'll be against the lore because they're from NLA. However, I don't see a problem with the alien species on Mira having an English dialect.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The British voice acting is so good... and nice for a change. As much as it wouldn't make sense, I wouldn't complain if NLA had VAs from the UK.

D

Deleted member

So, anyone else going to be disappointed if the voice actors aren't British anymore?
I've gotten used to it, so a bit. I am expecting American voice acting considering one of the main locations in the game is called Neo Los Angeles.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Accurate depiction of the Xenoblade late-game, as drawn by me:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Accurate depiction of the Xenoblade late-game, as drawn by me:

You could replace Dickson with Lorithia and Shulk with Melia, and it wouldn't change anything. Actually, anyone replacing Dickson and Melia replacing Shulk would work.
Your drawing skills are good, do you do the full bodies of characters you draw, or do you normally just stick to heads?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
You could replace Dickson with Lorithia and Shulk with Melia, and it wouldn't change anything. Actually, anyone replacing Dickson and Melia replacing Shulk would work.
Your drawing skills are good, do you do the full bodies of characters you draw, or do you normally just stick to heads?
That would be hella mean...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I usually stick to heads, haven't practiced bodies too much. That's the next step though. :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Why does everyone say there are going to be no British actors based on the name of the city? 95% of New England is named after, well, England, and we don't have British accents here.

The better piece of evidence is that there's a USA flag on the Moby ****.

edit: That's the name of a popular book, SmashBoards.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Ugh

I just don't know how I feel about Shulk right now. On one hand, I want to keep using him. But on the other hand, I feel like dropping him because I feel like he doesn't mesh with me anymore. Any advice, guys?

(BTW, this was the reason why I kept leaving the Skype chat. Sorry about that.)

D

Deleted member

Ugh

I just don't know how I feel about Shulk right now. On one hand, I want to keep using him. But on the other hand, I feel like dropping him because I feel like he doesn't mesh with me anymore. Any advice, guys?

Don't worry. I've been there before.

Shulk is a very complex character; he takes time to learn. You either get sweet punishes or get punished... badly. His gameplay style is not for everyone indeed, so don't feel overwhelmed if he doesn't mesh well with you. I recommend that you take a break from Shulk for a while as it could help you relax from playing as him. Maybe you can play as another character and see if their gameplay style best suits you.

When I was in this position, I was overwhelmed by him and I was underwhelmed by my performances with him. As a result, I made him a secondary and replaced him with Robin as my second main because his gameplay style meshed well with me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ugh

Just like Xenobrawler said, a break could help out. but don't forget that if Shulk truly doesn't fit your playstyle, no one will think badly of you. I still can't MALLC

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Don't worry. I've been there before.

Shulk is a very complex character; he takes time to learn. You either get sweet punishes or get punished... badly. His gameplay style is not for everyone indeed, so don't feel overwhelmed if he doesn't mesh well with you. I recommend that you take a break from Shulk for a while as it could help you relax from playing as him. Maybe you can play as another character and see if their gameplay style best suits you.

When I was in this position, I was overwhelmed by him and I was underwhelmed by my performances with him. As a result, I made him a secondary and replaced him with Robin as my second main because his gameplay style meshed well with me.
Pretty much this. I took a break from him as well, and after playing every other damn character in the roster, I returned, and currentl am training rosaluma, weegee and him.
... Link died sadly for me that day. I love him, but I just can't play him.

Edit-Monday:
Just fought against a player of equal skill! Forgott to switch my controls the first two games, buuuut after this it was hella fun!

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I've decided: I'm sticking with Shulk. It would feel wrong to just drop him after all the work I've invested in him. The only thing to do now is to look forward to the future and keep improving.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've decided: I'm sticking with Shulk. It would feel wrong to just drop him after all the work I've invested in him. The only thing to do now is to look forward to the future and keep improving.
So you wish to change it? The future. It is every man's desire to change the future. Is that not so? Even if everything has been predestined, will you not oppose it?

D

Deleted member

Those of you who read my posts in the "Rate Their Chances" thread have probably seen this photo of mine:

Xeno Collection (2015).png

What you see to the left is a physical copy of Xenogears for the original PlayStation, the game that started as an early concept for Final Fantasy VII and later spawned a few spiritual successors in the form of the short-lived Xenosaga trilogy and the acclaimed Xenoblade series we all know and love.

I actually started playing Xenogears earlier this year. I haven't made much progress yet, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
We can always talk about random Shulk related stuff and other things like the Zelda thread to speed things up. But I think the mods don't want this place to become Shulk support thread 2.0 so I don't really know about that.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Who's your favorite Xenoblade character?

Despite using a Melia alt, my favorite character is Shulk. Then it's either Melia or Riki, but probably Melia.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Despite using a Melia alt, my favorite character is Shulk. Then it's either Melia or Riki, but probably Melia.
Reyn, I seems to like All the thing he says, Then Shulk, Dunban, and Riki.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Shulk or Dunban.

Dickson is also close, because of dat depth after Mechonis core.

D

Deleted member

I personally found myself relating to Melia more than any other character from Xenoblade, but Shulk, Reyn, and Dunban deserve honorable mentions.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Fiora is definitely my favorite Xenoblade character, and on top of that my favorite video game character
When I first got to the part with her in her and Dunban's house, I had already loved her caring personality from the short bit I'd seen of it. When she joined the party, seeing she was a girl wearing white clothes I figured she'd be the stereotypical healer who can't defend herself. I was happily surprised to see that nope, she's not even close. She wielded knives and could completely defend herself. As the story progressed, I ended up loving her cheerful and thoughtful personality.

When she was killed, that was the first time a video game ever made me cry. I'd hoped she'd come back somehow (I even had the idea that she'd come back wearing Mechon armor...lolol) but I had to accept that after getting stabbed through your entire body, you're not coming back. I went through the whole game really missing her. When I got to Prison Island and saw that Fiora was alive but didn't recognize her friends I was so shocked I literally just stared at the TV with my jaw dropped for like 10 minutes straight LOL. At Galahad Fortress, that's when Fiora being alive really got to me. She was being forced to fight her friends, and when she (well Meyneth technically) had a vision of her Homs self yelling to save Shulk and when she said she would not permit Egil to have his way, I knew she was going to make it.

But when she fell off of the fortress omg...
*SUSPENSE*
if Fiora was going to die again...I wouldn't be able to handle that. When it got to the scene with Shulk trying to revive her I was on the edge of my seat. When she came to and recognized Shulk, that was the second time a game ever made me cry. Happy tears this time. Fiora was back for good, and she was an even better character now. Seeing her back in the game with her caring and cheerful personality and her amazing fighting style just made me so happily shocked that I can't even describe it. No character is ever going to take Fiora's spot as my favorite video game character.

wow this was a lot longer than I intended it to be...lol oops

I also really like Melia though, she's my second favorite character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom