• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V Results - Columbus, OH

tm

Smash Ace
lol, ok

I hope you aren't feeling insecure about the loss :p

LOE1

Smash Lord
oh yea...shoutouts...i should prob get to those soon....

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts -

MLG and ESI staff - you guys were great. Super friendly and ran everything in a somewhat organized manner. Thought the tournament was great and so much fun.

M2k - congrats dude. didn't get to MM you in 64 but oh wells. maybe next time..

HBox - chill *** dude. Super nice guy. Glad I finally got to meet you lol

Codi + Zanguzen - dude you guys destroyed us. great job and you guys were super friendly afterwards too. Good stuff.
Moon - Great job my man. Glad i got to meet you, dunno what ppl were talking about with your ego cause you were one of the chillest people there. Def looking forward to seeing you and your crew come.

Carroll - you are a jerk and i mean that in the nicest way possible. When there wasn't anything going on, you were nice during normal conversations and entertaining when watching stream. People might be mad at him but he wasn't the only one lol.

Abu + Hanky - great job this tourney guys. Hopefully some of us can improve to help represent OSU... maybe next time.

Moose - super nice guy and good. DIdn't get to talk to your MI crew but hope i can improve and MM you next tourney.

tons more shoutouts need to be made to all of the chill people there and the staff. Made lots of new friends and this tourney was definitely one of the best experiences i've ever had.

On the topic of the brawl "heckling," it may have been over the top (A lot of us joined in) yes, but when it comes down to it, i'm sure many of us can agree that we respect you(brawl pros) as players. When those side bets came up, it was a fun but inappropriate way to get others hyped up. I'm sorry if I personally contributed to something that you hate Vinnie. I really respect you as a player and you have a lot of talent for the game but I guess i forgot to respect you as a person. I personally apologize once again (even though it may not mean much, i really mean it). I really do hope that your time in the Midwest wasn't ruined by any of this. I promise we're not all that bad!

will edit later when i'm not too tired.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
high five that was a good post friend
shoutouts to cyoonit for good posts

also shoutouts to illustration homework for making me stay up too late and making me loopy. nothing makes sense anymore

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
sick enough to be at home and not at work, so i'm here

shoutouts to the homies
shoutouts to buckeye donuts as usual
shoutouts to Indiana coming through as well as GA
shoutouts to carls being hype and nearly beating false, you're on the cusp man. keep at it!
super shoutouts to soulpech also being hype and scaring ripple back to DK so he wouldn't lose (and still nearly beating him), outplacing me by a million places, housing a bajillion people as usual, taking vinnie to the airport, and the heavy lifting he did behind the scenes (ESI guys should really give him a shout). i have a feeling that you'll be reversing your tournament record vs me real soon. colten is a true homie
shoutouts to realizing that i had met juggleguy like a year ago at a MI tournament and for him being a TO everyone should strive to be (and for help)
shoutouts to carroll and drephen helping me lift a sour mood on sunday
shoutouts to quivo, i mean fizzle, but i also mean quivo
shoutouts to the people i complained about PM with (still love it though)
shoutouts to the people i complained about GnW to
shoutouts to OUGA homies and more Columbus people i got to meet.
shoutouts to 1der, godlike
shoutouts to the people who love PM enough to continue playing and those who still play it even though they don't
shoutouts to Columbus PM. the sessions are working, everyone is getting better. give us a bit longer and we'll keep getting up there and come to be a place that's feared in the MW (and more). : )
oh, how could i forget. shoutouts to ESI, MLG, VGBC, CT and everyone for bringing your talents to Columbus and making this tournament fun and memorable. thanks for playing

antishoutouts to the girl who rekt ori's car. RIP ori car. glad you got back safe, man
antishoutouts to tournament Juushichi (but shoutouts to the people i lost to, i'll win next time)
antishoutouts to being sick on a wednesday
antishoutouts to getting not many shoutouts.

not a shoutout, but i've been playing PM for like 4 years, pink fresh. i know about various things. i'm just bad. thanks for the advice though.

now i'm gone to be a hermit for the rest of the week, bye

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
SP's Shoutouts

It begins. Holy **** this is gonna be alot. Let's start w/ individual shoutouts

9. Prince Abu - Ahbi pls. Simple game for simple ppl Ahbi. Grats on the placement.

9. Hanky Panky - I probably would have lost my **** if you beat Yu. You'll do better next time.

13. MIOM Juggleguy - "SoulPeck housing 20-70 people. Nobody knows." It was actually 87 and I also have a pool, food catering service, and Hugh Hefner's playmates in every room. Get it right.

17. Voorhese - Thanks for the company. Was chill hanging out w/ the IN homies, despite me not play melee.

25. XeroXen - Good Job for playing a better game and not brawl.

33. Dr. X - Once again, I didn't know you played Melee. Grats on making it out though.

33. Gracen - Funny af dude. You also left your salami, cheese, and lubricant at my house >.>

1. CT Zero - I didn't even know you played melee o.o. Grats on getting first. It was also hard to walk a half mile back to my car after a full Chipotle tummy o.o

2. CT Vinnie - Good job taking your first set off of Zero in a while, if not, ever. Also, I appreciate the company the past few days.

5. CT Tloc Denti - Comrade #2 of Chipotle runs. Good job on your placement w/ your events.

7. LoF Zinoto - Nice seeing you and thanks for coming out Julian. Always a fun person to mingle and to watch.

9. EMG Leon - Comrade #3 of Chipotle runs

9. LOE1 - You're not first :(. Or 2nd. You're too low. Ima body you in PM next time ;)

13. CT Xzax - GGs in our pools. Next time if we play, I'll probably use a better character, lol.

13. DRN - Thanks for being chill @ my place. Had a lot of fun.

13. Shugo - You get shoutouts for playing this ****ing game once a year and still place well.

17. Carls493 - Your shoutouts won't be here.

17. Karaoke Man - Look at you doing cool stuff w/ Yoshi. Next time, if you WIN a game w/ a character, STICK with that character. You may hate the matchup, but who cares? It was working. .....asd;lkjsfdlkjsfdlkaf;lksfadl;kadsjl;skjsfdl;kj

17. Mister Eric - You're wasting away and losing all this weight. Super hyped about that.

17. Player-1 - The bracket was jank and you got to fight DRN. Granted, I think whoever beat DRN was an upset? Idk. Oh well, thanks for being chill @ my place. Was fun.

17. Ralph Cecil - ~

17. Sparta Kick - Next time if you come to Columbus, I won't charge you money :yeahboi:

25. DLA - Our set was dumb, lol. Ganon vs Jiggs should have been on stream. Hands down would've been the best match.

25. Dyno - Another Georgia Crew. grats on making it out.

25. FF Ori_bro - Everything went bad for you this weekend. I guess OH really does suck.

25. Stewyian - Uhh...shoutouts to you because you're you. Go Red Wings.

25. Tech_Chase - Same to you..cuz you're cool.

4. Rat - GGs our set in doubles. I can't believe we beat you and Scythe game 1 and I had the wrong tag on....so mad ;~;

7. Ripple - Prepare your anus. Next time, I'm coming for you. Half-Homo.

7. Strong Bad - Good Wario/Dk. Also good orgasm faces. Thank you based GIMR. Need to play you sometime.

9. Carls493 - You seriously need to calm down. It's awesome that you want to play to win, but you can't be mad if you lose. We all make mistakes in a match. I know you're fine after the match, but you HAVE to not get mad during the set because it not only affects the way you play, but myself as well. It's all about being calm and being in sync. We'll do better next time.

9. scythe - Good set in our doubles match.

9. Solharath - I thought you were gonna beat Oro, then reality happened. Sad days.

13. Pink Fresh - Definitely liked your Lucas. GGs in our set.

17. Anther - You did something that alot of people can't do: Beat M2k's fox. Now to beat Mewtwo....

17. Jt5565 - How do you beat me and placed the same as me >.>

17. Nintendude - I'm surprised you placed this low, especially when you beat me in pools. Jiggs/Bowser is a horrible Matchup though. GGs

17. rizner - You did better than I expected honestly, lol. Congrats

17. SaltE - I liked our grind. Good friendlies matches and next time, I'm coming for you if we meet in bracket :)

17. SoulPech - Worst Jiggs.

25. DBSammy - I'm surprised you placed this low too. What happened?

25. Silhouette - I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SEE YOU ;~;

25. Spec - Link vs Jiggs is a dumb Matchup. All you can do is run away, throw projectiles, and you can combo when you hit me. Close set though.

33. CT LoF NAKAT - Good set in our first match.

33. Jawsome - Good set dude. WTF does Squirtle even do? Like, I would punish your stuff and it...sometimes works? Hope to see you again.

33. Quivo - Man...I didn't even know you came. I wanted to play you in friendlies >.>

33. Shenanagans - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-YBfnappM

49. DRB Juushichi - Yeah I'm unsure why you did so poorly at this tournament. You need to get your wrist checked out and you have to stop playing w/ tournament jitters. I know you'll do better next time.

49. Suyon - Please don't quit this game. The more you practice the better you'll get. <3 you.

Shoutouts to ESI for funning a MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH improved event than Shuffle IV. some knicks here and there, but that's with normal tournies.
Shoutouts to Buckeye Donuts
Shoutouts to free parking
Shoutouts to free alcohol (Thank you based Vinnie <3)
Shoutouts to Pizza, NOS, and Noodles served at the event.
Shoutouts to IN and GA housing w/ me. Had a blast.

Anti-Shoutouts to all these cruddy illnesses happening
Anti-Shoutouts to girl who shreked Ori's car
Anti-Shoutouts to Chibo's Godlike Brawl Doubles seeding skillz (or could be a good shoutout depending on who you are :denzel: ).
Anti-Shoutouts to cold weather.

We out.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
SP's Shoutouts

13. MIOM Juggleguy - "SoulPeck housing 20-70 people. Nobody knows." It was actually 87 and I also have a pool, food catering service, and Hugh Hefner's playmates in every room. Get it right.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL I'm very impressed you heard/remembered that soundbite

Drephen

Smash Master
My apologies then since I had no way of knowing. Although I heard from others that it was Carroll. I was offended by the behavior (you know who you are) and it makes me not want to return. You are everything that is wrong with the smash community. Also @ Drephen Drephen , way to get sonned by a brawl player in pm.
LoL and i was cheering for you too you fat piece of ****. I don't like being told to be quiet espeically during an e-sport. Some ugly old lady that was cheering for you who ended up falling asleep was telling me to be quiet which made me wanna be louder. Imagine Lebron telling everyone to be quiet during a game, if you want smash to be a legitmate game quit your bi.tching. But since brawl is like the WNBA(aka boring as hell) i tried to make it more enjoyable for me with betting and yelling loudly. If you wanna be a pu.ssy about it go ahead, you just made one more enemy.

But hey if you got a problem with me next time we can always go outside and talk about it :)

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
shoutout to juu because HOW COULD I FORGET JOO, JUU
it was great seeing you, friend. get well soon. do work, take names

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
I like that M2K was getting trolled just as hard (maybe harder) and all he did was **** himself laughing. Midwest is top tier of smack-talk, lol, gotta expect it. Also, anyone that was at Shuffle V going to that Indy tourney on the 8th? It'd be great to see some of you there. And is there a chance you'll post the melee pools results?

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
I'm too scared to do shout outs because I'll forget someone x.x

In no particular order:

Juggleguy- Man, you were a huge help the whole way through. Definitely an integral part of this tournament...hopefully I can make it up to Michigan and help/learn from the best. Definitely need to make it out to a R. Harn event. I owe you lunch, too- don't let me forget that.

LoF Zinoto/Nakat- Thanks for the help with seeding. Sorry doubles seeding didn't turn out the way it was supposed to.

GimR/Marlon- Thanks for making it out, boys Y'all did a sick job. Next time you are in the Midwest hit me up- beers on me.

Strong_Bad- you were a beast with helping with PM- you seeded all of singles and doubles. Really appreciate that. I still owe you that subway, so hold me to it....something tells me I'll be trying to make it out to more smash events even though I don't play.

Lokii- Thanks for making shuffle awesome! I know a lot of people loved your work. Hope to see it soon :) your buttons were awesome. <3

J00cepouch- Similarly, thanks for coming out and displaying your artwork! I know a lot of people loved it.

mlgjon/mlgpete/mlgjake/mlgadam- Thanks for all the help, boys. Merch, equipment, stream...everything was awesome. proud to call my event an MLG event. MLG taking a lot of hate from their grassroots event, and it may not be great for everyone, but for our Shuffle event it was perfect. look forward to working with you guys in the future.

Colten/soulpech- MY GOD, the amount of TV's you brought was too damn high. Thanks a ton for the help. I'll remember it, man.

Juu/chonce- Thanks for all your help, especially in the beginning phases. you put in a lot of work to help shuffle and I'll definitely remember that.

mew2king- getting you to your matches was like herding a cat sometimes. in hindsight, I should have assigned a staff member to follow you around and get you to matches asap. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE MEW2KING BOTTLENECK.

carroll- you're a homie for sure, hopefully I'll see you at an event again. you took a lot of hate in this thread, some of which I agree with and disagree. I think you should be able to cheer/heckle as much as you want, and he should have just put headphones in (he asked me to kick you out, me/gimr told him to get headphones.) With that being said, I also think a bit of it was malicious towards brawl and that does nothing but hurt it (just an observation my man, I don't know much about you.) in the future maybe just think about how you would feel if someone was cheering against you like that. it wouldn't bother me personally, but there are some people who don't take kindly to that. either way, I appreciate your enthusiasm and trying to get the crowd going. ps. I also thought brawl was boring as ****

ESIBrett- my partner in crime. couldn't have done much without ya. dynamic duo right there.

ESIStaff- thanks everyone for helping and doing a great job. Some members followed the status quo, and some members really stepped up. just know either way it was noticed (not singling anyone out)

josh beach, cyoonit, and everyone else who helped clean up (sorry don't know your gamertags)- thanks for helping out tearing down the melee room, you guys definitely didn't have to but went out of your way to help move tvs, consoles, tables, etc. definitely didn't go unnoticed by me and I appreciate that

Gunblade, Ripple, Rat, Oro, Strong_bad, EE, Doom, Rapture, Carroll, Juggleguy, Nintendude, and all my casters- thanks so much guys, you did a sick job.

if I forgot anyone yell at me...not out of malicious intent!

Love,
Amar

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me I am currently playing super smash bros. and I would like the volume and content of everyone's speech censored to my liking. Otherwise you are a disrespectful prick.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Dont worry. At one point the guys selling food were making a last call for food.
I told them to stop yelling because were trying to play over here.
There was enough "Moms Spaghetti" on stream anyway ;)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
dont do it soulpech

guys behave yourselves or something (idk im not your parent its not my job to watch you folks)
take it to private messages or outside the venue next shuffle (i was telling a few people the area outside the venue would be PERFECT for picking fights, just sayin)

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
This thread is full of classless hate and slander, and I'm the rudest shadiest ***** in the community.

That said, this was my first tournament in which Brawl had a huge presence. I didn't like the amount of MK, but actually watching Vinnie was a lot of fun and I was hype for him to take the Brawl tournament.

I almost made bracket at my first major in Melee! Yayyy. I usually get 2-0'd by everyone in my pool (unless they're brand new), so it's nice to see some improvement from my Peach. This weekend was very humbling in a great way. I was able to really learn a lot about my approach and what I need to do to improve. I'm going to focus much more on Melee than PM for a while and maybe head back to PM when I have a solid respect for my opponent. Nothing I did in my PM pools matches was safe, and that's also because I'm terrified of repertoire of each character in that game.

I'll make sure to have Kels, Scythe, Trail and Dart keep 4 stocking me in Melee until I finally "get it".

Lots of fun was had and I had a blast seeing all of you.

Specific shoutouts:

Juan - I love your Olimar. I'm glad you're always so wonderful to spend time with at every event.
Gravy - You're consistently improving. Couple more years now and you'll be top 8 ;]
Zang - Thanks for the friendlies. Hopefully I'll show you some more fun stuff next time!

Can't wait to play again. See you guys at the next midwest major? May in Chicago <3

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Last edited:

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
S/O's are in order.
M2K - Thanks for all the help with the Marth/Sheik MU. Also Arceus is my Geodude.

Carroll - Yo thanks for being such a cool guy and doing friendlies with me. I really appreciate it. :3

H-Box - THANK YOU so much!!! You helped me with Puff! You're the best, sir.

Scribbz - Thanks for getting me back into this crazy game.

Stef - Ok so you're like the coolest new person I met at this whole thing. Definitely gonna hope to see you again!

Maps - MAPS. Also chicken. Yus.

Lokii - omg <3 your artwork so absolutely amazing.

Also anti-shoutouts to Google Maps! Had to walk around forever to find the venue. Also, I got blisters :<

Last edited:

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Thanks for having me for Commentary, this was a great event, everyone is so good these days!

:017:

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Anyway back on track

S/Os

OSU guys - Big shout outs to all the games and hanging out this weekend! and Greg AKA CORKUS THE GOD for the housing. Great to meet all the legends like ferriswheel, Fizzleboy, Blacktician, Dane ect. Drephen always a pleasure. We should do this again some time ;)

PGH - AL START9 VOLT And Joe the Helix fossil god WAY TOO FUN GUYS. We deff need to roll out as a crew again. This was one of the most fun trips ive been on and we were killing it and all on the same page. I cant say enough. Donnie thanks for driving too! cant wait to do it again.

MI- Always homies. Rob KJH Kzhu Duck moose TREMOR and everyone else hope i get to see you guys again soon!

NY - fun getting to meet all you guys afterward at the korean BBQ. GOD LIKE ****.

NEOH - BEEGS IS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD and PAt is the homie for holding it down in doubles. I gotta stick with my boys S1 + Sweet but if the ever cant make it we should deff do it again.

People I played

Gimr - Good set and solid falco. I know im a little weird to play against. Deff a good and bad thing sometimes. Also s/o to you doing what you do best and being the stream GOD we all know and love. Next time let me do a little more than commentate Chibo matches LOL. That way I wont be too crazy in the crowd ;)

Voorhese - Not gonna lie. I had that ****. Everyone gets a pass. Next time im coming with the heat.

CT Zero - Good set in melee. they told me uyou were solid but damnnnnn... deff let it slip away. Also i love your competitve spirit thru all this BS. It rare anymore and Its real sad there arent more people that feel the same way we do. Sall good homie. Congrats on brawl.

Homies

Amar - Good **** with the whole weekend man. Glad I could help where i could. RIP that shirt tho </3

Vinnie - Ive been cheered agaisnt too brah (and with my mouth? it happens ALOT LOL). Some times your the Home team somethimes your the Away team. Dont let anything rattle you and just do you my man. Its all in good fun. good **** on 2nd and beating M2K.

Canes chicken - Over rated

Also id like to blame my performance on the fortune cookie i got at the chinese place we ate lunch at. "Nobody ever got far playing it safe."

DAMN

I know im forgetting a bunch but you know your cool and I know your cool.

DRN

Smash Lord
17. Player-1 - The bracket was jank and you got to fight DRN. Granted, I think whoever beat DRN was an upset? Idk. Oh well, thanks for being chill @ my place. Was fun.
I lost to Nakat round 2 winners which is technically supposed to happen. P-1 was actually the one who got "upset" and that was by ADHD round 1 so it wasn't really as much of an upset. It was pretty much guaranteed he'd play me.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Anyway back on track

S/Os

OSU guys - Big shout outs to all the games and hanging out this weekend! and Greg AKA CORKUS THE GOD for the housing. Great to meet all the legends like ferriswheel, Fizzleboy, Blacktician, Dane ect. Drephen always a pleasure. We should do this again some time ;)

PGH - AL START9 VOLT And Joe the Helix fossil god WAY TOO FUN GUYS. We deff need to roll out as a crew again. This was one of the most fun trips ive been on and we were killing it and all on the same page. I cant say enough. Donnie thanks for driving too! cant wait to do it again.

MI- Always homies. Rob KJH Kzhu Duck moose TREMOR and everyone else hope i get to see you guys again soon!

NY - fun getting to meet all you guys afterward at the korean BBQ. GOD LIKE ****.

NEOH - BEEGS IS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD and PAt is the homie for holding it down in doubles. I gotta stick with my boys S1 + Sweet but if the ever cant make it we should deff do it again.

People I played

Gimr - Good set and solid falco. I know im a little weird to play against. Deff a good and bad thing sometimes. Also s/o to you doing what you do best and being the stream GOD we all know and love. Next time let me do a little more than commentate Chibo matches LOL. That way I wont be too crazy in the crowd ;)

Voorhese - Not gonna lie. I had that ****. Everyone gets a pass. Next time im coming with the heat.

CT Zero - Good set in melee. they told me uyou were solid but damnnnnn... deff let it slip away. Also i love your competitve spirit thru all this BS. It rare anymore and Its real sad there arent more people that feel the same way we do. Sall good homie. Congrats on brawl.

Homies

Amar - Good **** with the whole weekend man. Glad I could help where i could. RIP that shirt tho </3

Vinnie - Ive been cheered agaisnt too brah (and with my mouth? it happens ALOT LOL). Some times your the Home team somethimes your the Away team. Dont let anything rattle you and just do you my man. Its all in good fun. good **** on 2nd and beating M2K.

Canes chicken - Over rated

Also id like to blame my performance on the fortune cookie i got at the chinese place we ate lunch at. "Nobody ever got far playing it safe."

DAMN

I know im forgetting a bunch but you know your cool and I know your cool.
Did you just say canes is overrated WHAT THE **** NICK SCREW YOU YOUR GAME IS **** AND YOU SUCK AT MELEE AND NEVER COME BACK TO COLUMBUS EVER AGAIN ALSO YOU SUCK

-amar

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You either die a hero, or live long enough to post something that makes you a villain.

Top Bottom