• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle And Cut Cash Weeklies

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
<3 Jungle Japes

Croc is ****.

3Duser4D

Smash Cadet
If it doesn't look like a massive turnout like last week, I'll see if I can make it. Last week was my first tournament and someone pointed out that it was a bad day for that. My first match was then DC =P

So I may be coming this saturday

The Game II

Smash Champion
Ya he is...on gyt.com he said.

If you go to gyt.com that's your own **** fault (good luck reading it).

It's GETYOURTOURNAMENT.com

And I'm uploading the videos now. It's probably going to take another 3 hours of continuous work before I'm 100 percent done. They will be up tonight at the very latest.

By the way, HugQ your vcr is not on SP, and the tracking on my vcr is not good enough to read it. So I can't encode that tape sorry.

--GCII

$ick

Smash Lord
Hmm, the new quicktime videos on getyourtournament.com aren't working for me. Anyone else having problems? And are you still gonna upload the other videos on youtube? :)

killer tofu

Smash Lord
what web browser are you using?
btw if a big blue Q appears then it does work and it's loading. may take a while tho

The Game II

Smash Champion
I’m going to put a notice on my web site, and this will be the ONLY time I address this issue.

My decision to go to a quicktime (mp4) format was one that I discussed with several people over the past two weeks. Issues of cherrypicking, file sizes and viewership was my main concerns. After a few discussions, I made the decision that ALL files (not just future files, but the title videos you see on the web site) will be converted to quicktime format.

In the past 24 hours, I put up a test video and I asked a lot of people to view it just to make sure they could see it. If even ONE person couldn’t see it, I was going to reconsider. However, everyone who saw the test page said they had no problems. So I said to myself it was a go.

Now, I understand that a few people cannot view the videos. To that, I do not have an answer. Well, for starters I would suggest to people to get on a COMPUTER (for those wii users) to watch the videos.

For those on the computer, please use Firefox or Internet Explorer 7 or your base connection if you’re on dial-up.

And speaking of dial-up, it seems that if the video isn’t available right away, people start to get upset. In the words of ESPN’s Colin Cowherd, “That’s not a me problem. That’s a you problem.” I think I’ve had to say it 5,000 times, so I’ll say it again. Please be patient in viewing the videos. You’re not going anywhere, you’ll be fine.

If I am able to convert to FLV format, then I will. However, the quicktime (mp4) format is the format I will be using from here on in. This includes the Shuffle and Cut tournament from Saturday, which I will be uploading beginning Thursday morning.

Again, I will not address this issue anymore. The test results have convinced me enough to stick with this format.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me or PM me.

--GCII

Hugo, thanks

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Wow, Colin Cowherd quotes? Is it THAT serious? You have to stoop THAT low?

For the record, none of the videos from the Toy Mandala tournament I have clicked are working for me either, so while you may think they are fine, obviously they aren't. I'm using Firefox and have cable, so... It's not a big deal for me, but it's your website, and if you want people to go to it, videos are the best attraction, so therefore it should be a worry for you.

$ick

Smash Lord
Ya the finals with HugS and DSF worked for me but it did take a long time, and I have cable as well. But I'm not gonna get involved with this topic. Last time I tried talking to Glenn he got mad at me.. :(

The Game II

Smash Champion
For the record, none of the videos from the Toy Mandala tournament I have clicked are working for me either, so while you may think they are fine, obviously they aren't. I'm using Firefox and have cable,
Do you have quicktime 7? I asked a reporter last night to check the videos (on his PC), he had firefox but not the latest quicktime. He DLed it and everything worked fine after that.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

--GCII

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wow, my computer is ********. I already had Quicktime downloaded, and I couldn't view the videos. Then I re-downloaded it and installed it, and I still can't view the videos. It makes no sense, because whenever I do try to view the videos, I'm told that I need to install missing plugins, then directed to the Quicktime download page.

-_-

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Not that this is relevent, but The Game II is the only other person I've noticed on Smash Boards who has grammar as good as mine. ^_^

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
BTW, were you able to re-make the bracket Glenn?

If not, I'll try to remake it on my computer with everyones help.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
I'm on Firefox and I have cable and quicktime. No problems here though. They just take about 20sec.s to load

Nice quality btw! Better than youtube :p One thing. Me and Ryan's video says "6th Sense vs. Psycho ******", but its me and JTB. And me and Psycho ******'s video was recorded I think. Are they going to be uploaded?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Great finals matches! They loaded just fine for me. I had to wait about the same amount I'd have to wait for the full vid to load. I usually don't like to play it while it's still loading since it ends up lagging, anyway so it was the same for me.

The Game II

Smash Champion
BTW, were you able to re-make the bracket Glenn?

If not, I'll try to remake it on my computer with everyones help.
Couldn't. However, I've been working on videos for the past 36 hours so I haven't really tried.

By the way, if you have bookmarked any videos from this weekend (Shuffle and Cut, or Toy Mandala), eliminate them. Those sections will be taken down in the next 45 minutes and replaced with new libraries, which should be more streamlined and user friendly.

Put it this way, you won't have to click for every round. And I hope to The One Above the wait time should be (hopefully) zero. I really believe you're going to like this.

This is the result of 10 hours of work straight trying to find the best player possible.

If this fails, then I'll just go back to what you saw earlier.
--GCII

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
haha me and some friends are going to go
we're from North Hollywood
it'll be
Morb(me)
Nes
Inks
Tofu
so you can expect us
and I'm sure Mr.B1tch3s will be there
idk who else
never been there
but u should go
seems too fun

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Yeah its all good =D...
Most likely group
JTB(maybe)
Headache, 6th Sense, Wreckless
ME (=P)
Evilnemesis(maybe)
and just usually a few others
but seeing how good of a turnout we got last time...we should have a good amount of people =]

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Couldn't. However, I've been working on videos for the past 36 hours so I haven't really tried.
Oh, ok. I wasn't trying to seem rude to you, if my statement came across like that. I appreciate all the hard work you are doing for us. :)

On a sidenote, if I can get some money, I'll be coming on Saturday.

<------- Poor

Top Bottom