• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle And Cut Cash Weeklies

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I hope they don't mind me paying in dimes tomorrow :)

The Game II

Smash Champion
Oh, ok. I wasn't trying to seem rude to you, if my statement came across like that. I appreciate all the hard work you are doing for us. :)
I didn’t sense any rudeness.

= = =

The videos from the past weekend’s tournaments are back up. For some reason, the DSF-Hugs Sunday final isn’t loading. But from what I can see, everything else works.

I really hope everyone likes this new format. It should make viewing matches more easier and enjoyable for everyone. This will definitely be the new format I will use the rest of the way.

If you see a match that isn’t working (and it’ll be a little bit more obvious this time), e-mail me. I’m not going to check this forum the rest of the day because I’m going to be covering an event and will be working.

If there was ever a time I was going to start smoking, last night was going to be it. This was a *****, and I cancelled my off day just to get this to work.

--GCII

Lit

Smash Ace
hmm looks like alot of people are coming down to shuffle and cut again this weekend... looks like i will be going then... wreckless is not going mr.b so yeah...And btw we should do some crew matches tom. if we have some time....

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I'll be there tomorrow too. Will they accept hundred dollar bills? That's all I have at the moment unless I go to the strip club tonight to have it broken down.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Sh*t people all ride my nuts cuz Wreck isnt goin =P
Lol...I MIGHT just go for friendlies...unless the cans and bottles recycling place is open ^.^
Recycling FTW =D

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Oh yeah! I wanted to explain why seeding is important to the store so they understand why.

Let's say you have 4 top players and all 4 of them are squished together in the same bracket. Then in the other bracket you have someone medicore like me, who ends up making it to the winner's finals because I didn't face anyone good. This guarantees me at least 3rd place, even though there are 4 people here who are better than me. Is it fair that I get an easy 3rd place even when there are more people better than me? It's not fair for someone to make it to the top just because they got a lucky spot in the brackets. That's why we seed, so no one gets lucky breaks and no gets unlucky breaks. It sucks for those 2 other players who are better than me to get ranked lower just because they had to face all the good people in the same bracket. No seeding only works when it's winner-take-all and there's no 2nd or 3rd place.

The other really important reason to seed is so friends don't have to face each other. It sucks when you pay money to enter a tournament only to face your best friend first round who you always play against all the time every day. I could play against my best friend at home, so why would I pay $7.00 to play him here? That's why we seed friends so they pay to play against other competition besides their friends.

I hope this clears it up a bit. Seeding is really important to the Smash community. Even if you still don't understand HOW it's important, at least understand that it IS important.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
yea true dat thomasexy haha that just happened to me today
well i wont be able to make it tomorrow and next week is oc3 so ill make it to next next wees tourney
sorry guys

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll be there if I don't oversleep. And if I can pay my entry in dimes.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol...I played Poker and won some money so im definitely comin =]
AWWW MAN....Morb u let me down =[...I was hopin to finally play another Luigi...O well...

3Duser4D

Smash Cadet
Haha Mr. B. If u wanna friendly afterwords I'll play my Luigi against yours.

I think this starts at 1:00
so I may be there about 12:00 or so so that I can warm up before we play

We're doing singles first this time right?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Does anyone want to do a crew battle today? I don't know how we can work out the cash pay-out but I still want to do it.

Is anyone down for doing a crew battle BEFORE the tournament starts? (During warm-up)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I just woke up.

>_>

<_<

Dunno if I can go now, things have changed.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
sureeeee Luigi Dittos FTW...
Umm...wtf is heads up :confused:
and RYAN CMON!!! :flame: u have to come =D...ur the life of teh party >=[

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol...this was actually pretty fun for how little people showed up >_>...
My luigi was terrible but my Marth was...decent strangely O_o...
Good matches from everyone =D...
And yeah thomas...that extra dollar...i think that was mine =P...u only gave me one ^.^

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I handed everyone $2.00. Are you sure you're not missing a dollar because you gave me one to help pay to rent the tv for crews?

Cool tourney. It's nice to play new competition.

Mr. X, I know how you feel about all that Nexus stuff. It's like when you become the manager of a company, you have to be mean and be able to put your foot down to get the respect and cooperation of the people under you. Basically you're babysitting. At my job, I have to learn to yell at people and get mean and not care what they think. I'm basically a mellow person but at work I have to be mean in order to manage people. It's not fun, and it's really stressful, but that's what I have to do if I want to make the big bucks. And besides, chicks dig guys who are assertive, confident, and powerful.

Oh yeah. I wanted to say thanks to Shuffle & Cut for hosting another tournament. I like how when it was announced that it's time to sign up how everyone ignored you and continued to play, but then when you said to sign up NOW or pay $3.00 to rent your tv for friendlies, everyone jumped up at once and (OMZG) paused their games! LOL! That was great!!

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol...O well i dunno...I forget >_>...I know we still had the JTB dollar left xD.
And that was actually pretty funny =P.
So whos up for the "I couldnt afford OC3 tourney" next week?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
The JTB dollar was there but Mr. X said he'll just put in an extra dollar instead of the dimes and that's why that extra dollar was there. So we just gave the dimes back.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
haha i'd go same week as OC3 but my ride is going to OC3 hahaha
so ill go the week after OC3 cuz thats when he's going and everyone else is
i really wanted to go last satruday

Lit

Smash Ace
wat evo hmm that sounds good um my bad on not showing up i had some bussinees to handle...

3Duser4D

Smash Cadet
next week is OC3 lol!! Next Saturday we could go here and call it the "I couldn't afford OC3, so I went to Shuffle & Cut" Tourney ;)
hahahahaha nice I'll try to be there again this week

I had a lot of fun at this last one w/ Mr.B and his bro and then the "Crew battle" w/ me, Mr.B and Thomas vs Bddy/X/JTB/bowser(i dont know his name =P)

Top Bottom