• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's not particularly means anything, but the doujin leaker is saying that he thinks info about AoCF port should be revealed soon. And also is saying, when Reimu collabs with other companies the color of her scarf is in yellow, and seems like "this time" is the same too.
Smash x Touhou

:ultfox:: Come on!

:ultfalcon:: Come on!

:ult_terry:: Come on!

Me: Come on!

Hopefully.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Yeah of course Reimu will have her most common design with a yellow tie like most of the other crossovers. This is a safe bet.
Well we know about ZUN wanting to have more Touhou crossovers in a variety of games so I'll look forward to what has been negotiated and If any of those are even interesting for people outside of Japan. (It doesnt look like it judging previous ones like Graffiti Kingdom mobile sequel and Initial D Arcade)

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Unless he's referring to Reimu's actual scarf which she wears occasionally in the mangas. And it is indeed yellow.

Probably not tho. If Reimu got in Smash, she'd just use her standard appearance. It'd be cool if she had her scarf in an alt costume tho.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys Reimu for Smash has sent a tweet of how populer each 4Smash accounts is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReimuForSmash/status/1216829985253724163

The thing I noticed is that there is more Touhou characters on the list then any other games. I know this doesnt mean anything for Reimu getting into Smash but I find it interesting how populer the game is despite people saying that Touhou is too niche to be in Smash.

Last edited:

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Had this topic somewhere else where I brought up a ficticious situation where Sakurai (or any other rep from the smash team) already approached ZUN in regards to including Reimu and ZUN just responded with "Either Reimu and Marisa or bust!" ZUN, a man sticking to his ideal that one can't be without the other (well, excluding HRtP).

Stupid? I know. Unrealistic? I am aware. Funny? Not necessarily.

Question for everyone:
Let's say that we can't have either of the two protagonists, Reimu or Marisa. What would be your pick from the wide cast of Touhou characters?
It'll be either Sakuya or Youmu. Those two are the most iconic Touhou playable characters aside from Reimu and Marisa.

Although a part of me wants Aya..

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
It's been forever since the doujin leak was initially popularized and I'm a little hazy on the details. What I want to know is:
1. What exactly does the doujin leak claim?
2. When was the leak posted?
2. a. If I remember right, there were multiple waves of info. When did the follow ups come?
3. How much do we know about the person who made this leak?
3. a. Can we confirm the person who made the follow ups is the same person?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
What exactly does the doujin leak claim?
Touhou in Smash, particularly music. I suppose it's important to note, this guy has never said Reimu is in Smash for sure. Just that there's some form of Touhou Content in the Rumor mill.

When was the leak posted?
April of Last year was "Rumblings of Touhou in Smash" Was also accompanied by "AoCF on PS4 (announced a day before the post) and Switch (announced 3 weeks after).
August of Last Year was "Most heard Reimu w/ Yukari. Youkai Buster. Seirensen stage" He also said he believes 70% of what he's heard about it is bull ****.
September was "There are still rumblings of Touhou in Smash" as well as the music list.

How much do we know about the person who made this leak?
What can be implied is that they have some sort of connection to Twilight Frontier. But that's really it.

Can we confirm the person who made the follow ups is the same person?
This is a question for A Ayumi Tachibana . 5ch has some sort of ID feature that changes daily and based on your ISP. From what I remember from Ayumi, they said that his particular ID comes from a rare ISP and they have a distinct manner of speaking. But this is all based on my recollection and could be 100% off base.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Had this topic somewhere else where I brought up a ficticious situation where Sakurai (or any other rep from the smash team) already approached ZUN in regards to including Reimu and ZUN just responded with "Either Reimu and Marisa or bust!" ZUN, a man sticking to his ideal that one can't be without the other (well, excluding HRtP).

Question for everyone:
Let's say that we can't have either of the two protagonists, Reimu or Marisa. What would be your pick from the wide cast of Touhou characters?
Sakuya would be the third most likely based on how prominent she is in official works and spin-offs, but Sanae and Youmu seem just as likely. The only reason I would place Sakuya above the other two is because we don't have a playable maid yet, and she would tick off more boxes in terms of uniqueness.

That isn't to say Youmu nor Sanae have nothing to bring to the table, but having Sanae before the Miko would be kind of weird. As for Youmu, it's really a matter of personal preference on my part. Time-stopping knife powers would be awesome, though you can bet Youmu is my second choice in that regard.

As for who I'd want from the bottom of my heart, I'd choose Remilia Scarlet. She's my favorite Touhou character. Everything from her design, her powers, her personality, and her weapons would be a serious treat for me. I even managed to get her Koumajou Densetsu MMD model rigged over Dark Pit by a modder I'm friends with. Sadly, I can't ever relive those days for Ultimate, but I feel it's still worth mentioning. Here are some screenshots I took in the past:
https://imgur.com/a/9Cm0m

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
This is a question for A Ayumi Tachibana . 5ch has some sort of ID feature that changes daily and based on your ISP. From what I remember from Ayumi, they said that his particular ID comes from a rare ISP and they have a distinct manner of speaking. But this is all based on my recollection and could be 100% off base.
Not 100%. Only circumstantial evidences.

1. His Wacchoi name is a rare one. Easy to recognize but not impossible to have the same name if you contract the same ISP. Wacchoi ID will be different tho.
2. His IP address isn't fixed, it changes in a certain time. You can track his posts while his IP address is the same, so it's able to check his manner of speaking and his preferences. and those haven't changed since the start. He is not just posting in gaming boards.
3. This guy was actually a known leaker, not the most famous tho, from Kyokai boards, one of Touhou boards. He got kicked out from there because he was spoiling too much Touhou manga. Leaks aren't welcomed everywhere. People from there recognized his distinct speaking style and saying they are very similar.

So if this doujin leaker is a copycat, they must researched hard and kept imitating him even outside of gaming boards for more than half a year.
It's possible to impersonate the original, still takes persistence and maybe some money. But we all know we had the Grinch leak before, so yeah.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
So, AoCF news soon, huh? Do you think that "Soon" might be referring to the Nikenme Radio stream on the 26th? I believe that it has had ULiL news in the past before, so probably not impossible for it to have some for AoCF too. Either way, if we do get AoCF news of some kind in the near future, be it on Nikenme or not, things will start to look a little more convincing.

Or if we're uber lucky we'll just get Reimu in the presentation the day after tomorrow. That works too. I doubt it'll happen, but hey, anything's possible.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, AoCF news soon, huh? Do you think that "Soon" might be referring to the Nikenme Radio stream on the 26th? I believe that it has had ULiL news in the past before, so probably not impossible for it to have some for AoCF too. Either way, if we do get AoCF news of some kind in the near future, be it on Nikenme or not, things will start to look a little more convincing.

Or if we're uber lucky we'll just get Reimu in the presentation the day after tomorrow. That works too. I doubt it'll happen, but hey, anything's possible.
The livestream starts with the smash cast drawn by ZUN

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Question for everyone:
I expect it'd be Youmu, Yukari, Sanae, or Sakura if Reimu & Marisa were ineligible.

Can't wait! I still don't expect it to be Reimu, but the reveal coming with a full explanation and gameplay runthrough by Sakurai (as seems likely) rather than just dropping a trailer certainly bodes well for the chances of FP5 being some kind of more niche character.

Nerkama

Smash Rookie

Question for everyone:
Not sure, while the obvious list are the playable characters from sakuya to sanae, I'm actually curious how someone else like yukari would play as a playable character in smash.

What about the character you would think/hope they would add if the former two couldn't be added?

Last edited:

swinn

Smash Rookie
Not sure, while the obvious list are the playable characters from sakuya to sanae, I'm actually curious how someone else like yukari would play as a playable character in smash.

What about the character you would think/hope they would add if the former two couldn't be added?
Sakuya PLEASE. My life would be complete.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman

People were generally answering with who would be most likely and for that, Sakuya would be the most likely pick for obvious reasons. I intended the question more in the direction of who would have a interesting moveset or is a personal favorite.

Tough for me to answer the question, as I have a ton of character I adore.
Patchouli would be interesting with the potential for a complex gimmick sorrounding her different schools of elemental magic. Changing between the elements like Shulks monado, which in turn would switch up her special attacks and might even influence her normal attacks visually. We have a lack of pure magic characters and Patchy would be a good choice in that case.

Nue Houjou would also be cool, as I really want a spear user in Smash at some point. Given, she uses a trident, not a spear but eh... close enough. Her gimmick could be to make items in casual play unidentifiable. Not the most interesting ability, but a gimmick is a gimmick. Her short dress could be problematic for the cero rating, though.

But there are so many that I would love to see. Yukari, Tenshi, Remilia, Sakuya, Flandre, Eirin, Alice, Satori... and the list would keep on going and going.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
People were generally answering with who would be most likely and for that, Sakuya would be the most likely pick for obvious reasons. I intended the question more in the direction of who would have a interesting moveset or is a personal favorite.

Patchouli would be interesting with the potential for a complex gimmick sorrounding her different schools of elemental magic. Changing between the elements like Shulks monado, which in turn would switch up her special attacks and might even influence her normal attacks visually. We have a lack of pure magic characters and Patchy would be a good choice in that case.

Nue Houjou would also be cool, as I really want a spear user in Smash at some point. Given, she uses a trident, not a spear but eh... close enough. Her gimmick could be to make items in casual play unidentifiable. Not the most interesting ability, but a gimmick is a gimmick. Her short dress could be problematic for the cero rating, though.

But there are so many that I would love to see. Yukari, Tenshi, Remilia, Sakuya, Flandre, Eirin, Alice, Satori... and the list would keep on going and going.
The way you described Patchy made me really want her. It's true, we really do need a pure magic user. Both Hero and Robin are half-magic (just on the specials)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The way you described Patchy made me really want her. It's true, we really do need a pure magic user. Both Hero and Robin are half-magic (just on the specials)
We've got a pure magic user! Zelda uses nothing but magic.

Last edited:

Dextructor28

Smash Rookie

As someone who loves Patchouli to death and mains her on the fighting 2hus,I would love her being added as a magic gimmick chara. The way you described it was amazing and it sounds like a super great idea! Thanks for your wise words mukyu!

swinn

Smash Rookie

Personally, I would want Sakuya too, not only because she's my favorite, but because there are so many awesome move applications for timespace manipulation. Imagine her throws: her pummel is shanking them repeatedly, and then when she throws them, there's no animation, they're just in the air suddenly. I honestly think that would be so cool.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
She has kicks and hand swipes.
Ah, I had forgotten down-tilt/downsmash, that's true! Still, those are the only moves where she makes physical contact with the opponent without any magic, as far as I can recall. Ftilt is a magical swipe, not just a hand swipe, her lightning kicks are absolutely magical, and even her grab & throws uses magic. She certainly rates as a pure "mage" character in my eyes.

You're right! I'm ashamed I keep forgetting her. She's still got her few physical moves (some aerials for example) but it's the closest there is.
It's pretty much impossible to remember everybody with the roster this big! All her aerials do use magic, I believe, as it's called the "lightning kick" for a reason. :grin: I don't think there's any moves besides her d-tilt/d-smash which are purely physical.

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
Here’s a hypothetical, guys. If Reimu became ReiMii and got one song (of your choice) with her like Sans did, which song would you choose?

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Here’s a hypothetical, guys. If Reimu became ReiMii and got one song (of your choice) with her like Sans did, which song would you choose?
Probably the most recognizable one, i.e. the current Main theme and its variations (which was an unused track when it was first made for a game, interestingly enough).

Maybe a remix of it:

Last edited:

Dextructor28

Smash Rookie
Locked Girl remix please

Just Maiden's Capriccio or Eastern Mystical Love Consulation, just so it goes with ReiMii
The last one sounds way better as it is for a fighting game imo, specially the SWR version of it!

MindlessMage

Smash Cadet
The Reimu For Smash account is getting some traction overseas. More and more Japanese fans are messaging me and quote RTing my stuff. I'm getting kinda nervous, kinda worried that I'll be what Japanese fans think of when they think of overseas Touhou and Smash fans. I can only hope I'm making a good impression.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The Reimu For Smash account is getting some traction overseas. More and more Japanese fans are messaging me and quote RTing my stuff. I'm getting kinda nervous, kinda worried that I'll be what Japanese fans think of when they think of overseas Touhou and Smash fans. I can only hope I'm making a good impression.
If I were in your shoes, I'd assume they're making fun of me, lmao. The only comments I have ever seen from them regarding Reimu is nothing but sheer disdain for the character, or at least the idea of her being a newcomer in Smash. That's just me though: A certified pessimist.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
If I were in your shoes, I'd assume they're making fun of me, lmao. The only comments I have ever seen from them regarding Reimu is nothing but sheer disdain for the character, or at least the idea of her being a newcomer in Smash. That's just me though: A certified pessimist.
Really? I remember reading on tv tropes that in japan Reimu is a popular character while the western touhou fans dont seem to like her. Unless you're talking about Japanese smash fans and not touhou fans.

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
Really? I remember reading on tv tropes that in japan Reimu is a popular character while the western touhou fans dont seem to like her. Unless you're talking about Japanese smash fans and not touhou fans.
The notion of Reimu in Smash, from what I’ve been hearing lately, is a very mixed topic over in Japan even among Touhou fans. More divisive than Sans was over here before he got in.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I feel like part of the divisiveness is the fact people didn't seriously consider Reimu as a possible rep until fairly recently and with how Smash DLC is going, it could be a possibility. Time will warm up to her.

Also some people think she's "Too niche" for Smash despite Sakurai's words on Terrys stream a while back.

Though really, no character is universally loved and I can say all characters are mixed to some degree.

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
From what I hear, it’s not divisiveness as in people didn’t think it could happen. It’s more like people actively don’t want it to happen there.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
vvv This right here vvv
From what I hear, it’s not divisiveness as in people didn’t think it could happen. It’s more like people actively don’t want it to happen there.
^^^ That's the reason I'd be concerned if Japanese twitter users are private-messaging Mage. They're probably sending over a lot of mean tweets if their overall reaction to Touhou in Smash is any indication.

It's something along the lines of gatekeeping and extreme elitism, I'd say. They want to keep her out of Smash completely, wanting nothing to do with any advertising that would come from Reimu's potential inclusion.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
The notion of Reimu in Smash, from what I’ve been hearing lately, is a very mixed topic over in Japan even among Touhou fans. More divisive than Sans was over here before he got in.
Dang, the only reasons I can think of the peeps in Japan not wanting her is 1) they think someone else is a better fit to rep touhou on smash 2) they'd rather touhou not be in such a big game or not be lumped with smash fans for some reason. 3) they just plain don't want touhou in smash

Top Bottom