• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Tetrus

Smash Rookie
So NintendoVS made a celebratory tweet about the 1-year anniversary of the game:

The 4th image in the tweet caught a lot of hungry speculators, and our good man PushDustin makes a (probably) satirical tweet about the whole thing:

If anything, this just proves how desperate we all are for DLC leaks at this point, lol. Though I do admit the placement of Daisy there is kinda curious...

zferolie

Smash Hero
So NintendoVS made a celebratory tweet about the 1-year anniversary of the game:

The 4th image in the tweet caught a lot of hungry speculators, and our good man PushDustin makes a (probably) satirical tweet about the whole thing:

If anything, this just proves how desperate we all are for DLC leaks at this point, lol. Though I do admit the placement of Daisy there is kinda curious...
As I said in other threads, With Daisy being there, it brings up a big point with Daisy with her banner picture.

Daisy looks very odd in this pose. She is hip bumping just nothing, and is looking at nothing. I have been feeling since this first appeard back when the banner first was shown that she has to be doing that with someone.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
As I said in other threads, With Daisy being there, it brings up a big point with Daisy with her banner picture.

Daisy looks very odd in this pose. She is hip bumping just nothing, and is looking at nothing. I have been feeling since this first appeard back when the banner first was shown that she has to be doing that with someone.
I doubt they planned THAT far ahead. Though I've been thinking for a while now that it's been weird that we haven't had a single female character in the pass yet. Ending the pass with one would be a decent enough idea I think.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
You know who else does this rather interesting hip attack!? MARISA F***ING KIRISAME! (Hisoutensoku)

Marisa comfirmed for Smash. You heared it here first folks, I rest my case.

Last edited:

Soulor

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Daisy is orange, I'd say. Wasn't that color theory for the 5th spot orange? lol

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Ah, the curse is finally broken. Reimu got the shaft and spends yet more time in hibernation. My que to do the same, as the last bit of my interest now vanished. Until next time, see ya!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
1569381733528.jpg

Give Sakurai another two decades. Maybe he'll notice Touhou and give it a minor shout-out if we're lucky. In a non-Smash game, I'm sure.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
At least this is gonna give me more time to work on my Reimu moveset. :drflip:
Oh yeah, KOS-MOS seems to be back in the running apparently? There was a 4chan leak about her that got something right and she was not on vergeben's deconfirmed list.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
At least this is gonna give me more time to work on my Reimu moveset. :drflip:
Oh yeah, KOS-MOS seems to be back in the running apparently? There was a 4chan leak about her that got something right and she was not on vergeben's deconfirmed list.
Verge killed Namco and any avenue of weaseling out of that he just killed a few minutes ago.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
That's a big list of who it is not. Like, who even is possibly fighter 5? Quote, Saber, and a Sony character all seem to still live.

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
Holy moly. That’s a lot of companies knocked out. I don’t really know who it could be. That list throws out almost all of my guesses.

Soulor

Smash Cadet
Oh, is that so?

Well, there's always the 2nd and 3rd Pass.

If not that...

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
It's what I'd guessed anyways, I've been saying for ages she's far more likely as a post-pass character. Ah well I can at least rest easy for a while and wait till the 2nd pass starts before the speculation cycle begins again, since this doesn't mean she's been deconfirmed to be a fighter in general. My money once again is on her being the 2nd char or 3rd char of the next pass.

Last edited:

Redblur

Smash Rookie
Kinda find it super odd that he's "deconfirming" companies/characters left and right when he's also saying his sources can't get specific about who it is.
Like the source is gonna flip the switch and tell him who the character is if he guesses right lmao. I don't believe this for a second.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Kinda find it super odd that he's "deconfirming" companies/characters left and right when he's also saying his sources can't get specific about who it is.
Like the source is gonna flip the switch and tell him who the character is if he guesses right lmao. I don't believe this for a second.
I think Harada is ****ing with them after the Terry Bogard crap.
Harada: “you found out the character from a stupid name slip? Well, **** YOU! You’re going spend your life in hell!”

Last edited:

gavtel

Smash Cadet
The list has really narrowed down, huh? I was already guessing that Square wouldn't because of the budget being low according to Sakurai (in one of his Famitsu columns after Hero) but I suppose the budget being low would lead to a literal "who character".

Either way, hopefully Reimu makes it into the post-Fighter's Pass DLC, if Vergeben's info is true (otherwise, still rooting for her in FP5, if it's false).

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The list has really narrowed down, huh? I was already guessing that Square wouldn't because of the budget being low according to Sakurai (in one of his Famitsu columns after Hero) but I suppose the budget being low would lead to a literal "who character".

Either way, hopefully Reimu makes it into the post-Fighter's Pass DLC, if Vergeben's info is true (otherwise, still rooting for her in FP5, if it's false).
I’m guessing Kosmos. Orange is Namco’s color, the leaks are fishy as ****, Harada’s pride is haunted by Terry Bogard, Rex was Sakurai’s most desired fighter (and the dude was probably a fan of the xeno games), and the recent smash pics had daisy posing as dlc five and her and Kosmos’s names were plants that belonged in the same plant group, while Pac-Man was holding up a +1 taunt in another pic. Not to mention, they had no Namco costumes revealed so far (even when they would fit in with a theme).

Last edited:

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm more reluctant on trusting Ben since he's had a very inconsistent record. I don't think Reimu is FP5 but I think she's got a 40% chance of making it as a fighter next year. As for FP5? My money's on Kos-mos. Either her or someone completely out of left-field like Kratos would be awesome, kos-mos has grown a hell of a lot on me so I think she'd be a very neat inclusion. I wonder what kind of music they'd bring to the table too, never heard anything from Xenosaga's soundtrack.

Edit: Just checked, the composer made the OSTs for Kara no Kyoukai and ****ing Madoka?! Hell yes! I'm all in for her in that case!

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Dang it, I knew things were going way too smoothly. Oh well, she was more likely as post-pass anyway, so it's not that big of a pill to swallow I guess.

Also, trying not to sound desperate here, but Verge is not really that credible in my eyes anyway. Currently the only leaker I trust is Sabi, so.... Unless he's got sth to say about this I'm not losing hope for FP5 Reimu completely quite yet.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm more reluctant on trusting Ben since he's had a very inconsistent record. I don't think Reimu is FP5 but I think she's got a 40% chance of making it as a fighter next year. As for FP5? My money's on Kos-mos. Either her or someone completely out of left-field like Kratos would be awesome, kos-mos has grown a hell of a lot on me so I think she'd be a very neat inclusion. I wonder what kind of music they'd bring to the table too, never heard anything from Xenosaga's soundtrack.

Edit: Just checked, the composer made the OSTs for Kara no Kyoukai and ****ing Madoka?! Hell yes! I'm all in for her in that case!
There is one more thing to consider. After the fighter’s pass, Rex’s costume doesn’t serve a purpose anymore. What if after the pass, he can be BOUGHT without the pass. Meaning, he is a member of the fifth mii line up?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, this basically leaves like, no one. Hallow knight character, Saber, and who else?

I really don't think Vergeben is right on this... it just seems too crazy. Plus so far, Sabi has been more correct for the DLC then Verge. Its very possible his source is wrong.

We will wait and see, but right now I am trusting Sabi stuff more the Verge stuff

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

zferolie

Smash Hero
At least we know! I always thought she'd be post-pass anyways. It's hard to get annoyed when that many major companies are allegedly out of the running!

Say, how funny would it be if the source just isn't very knowledgeable about all of the licensing/ownership intricacies for the character?
Its very likely. Right now I am leaning more towards Sabi then Vergeben on the dlc stuff.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
The good thing is that the "Nobody even knows Touhou so insiders just don't bother deconfirming her!!"-argument is dead now. We're officially valid everyone!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The good thing is that the "Nobody even knows Touhou so insiders just don't bother deconfirming her!!"-argument is dead now. We're officially valid everyone!
"You're the least popular franchise I've ever heard of."
"But you have heard of me!"

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
This is kind of an all-or-nothing gamble for Verge’s credibility. You can be skeptical of his source if you want, but I don’t think he would list out all these companies unless he really believed they weren’t fighter 5.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is kind of an all-or-nothing gamble for Verge’s credibility. You can be skeptical of his source if you want, but I don’t think he would list out all these companies unless he really believed they weren’t fighter 5.
He really beleive DQ hero was coming first, and minecraft was in smash too. His source may have a ton of leakbait. Right now until Sabi says anything we shouldnt jump to conclusions

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
From what I understand, DQ Hero was coming first and then Joker was pushed up. The Minecraft thing is certainly a thing against him, but people do learn from mistakes. In either case, I’d argue that discounting this many companies is a bigger gamble. But I suppose it’s fair to wait for what Sabi has to say about this.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
That's a big list of who it is not. Like, who even is possibly fighter 5? Quote, Saber, and a Sony character all seem to still live.
Also Nexon characters seemed to live as well on that too. But I am kind of sad Reimu basically got deconfirmed unless that huge list is leak bait.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Also Nexon characters seemed to live as well on that too. But I am kind of sad Reimu basically got deconfirmed unless that huge list is leak bait.
For what it's worth, I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Even if the list is real, this is just for FP5, and there's probably at least 5 more characters on the way.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
From what I understand, DQ Hero was coming first and then Joker was pushed up. The Minecraft thing is certainly a thing against him, but people do learn from mistakes. In either case, I’d argue that discounting this many companies is a bigger gamble. But I suppose it’s fair to wait for what Sabi has to say about this.
If I remember, in the interview where that Sakurai had after Hero released, he said that Hero was planned for base game, but Koichi Sugiyama(the composer of DQ) wanted big royalties, so he was dlc instead.

Top Bottom