• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Wow thanks. I'll be sure to get it after I played some Skydrift when it comes out.

Dextructor28

Smash Rookie
I played Luna Nights, and as a fan of games like Megaman I really enjoyed the title.
The game is friendly for all kinds of players imo, the difficulties are really well set, and things like skills arent even needed to get trough the game if you are skillful enough.
It took me very few hours to complete the game 100%, not even 15 hours I think? Tho, those damned trash bins made me had a really hard time, but all must be done for the sake of recycling (and steam achievements)
I really want to play the game again and again and again, it's a really really good game, and so I think the prize they got was really deserved.
It's a game I would totally recommend, really enjoyable, and with fun and well-inserted game mechanics that make the game incredibly fun.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Can attest to that, Luna Nights just oozes quality all over from beginning to end. If Genso Wanderer wasn't a thing, it would probably hold my spot for best unofficial game. And that says something as someone who really loved the Koumajou game.

On that note, I'm really looking forward to what becomes of Gensokyo Night Festival. Currently in early access and really lacks content but damn does it look and feel good. Also, Suika as a playable fills my heart with joy. Touhou 17.5 should also get released this month at Comiket, if I'm not mistaken. Another fun game, though I hope the final game crashes less than the demo.

Kinda makes me wonder why one should even care about Reimu's integration in Smash if we got games galore. :nifty:

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
For me I cant wait for the Skydrift to come out. From the pictures it showed it looks like it has similar gimmicks as Mario Kart Double Dash.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
My favorite fangame by far has to be Touhou Puppet Dance Performance. I still heavily wish for a Switch port but I don't think Nintendo would allow that as it's basically just Pokemon but better.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Is Genso Skydrift just a port of the already existing PC version or are there additional goodies in it? Still unsure if I should pull the trigger with already so many games for me this month.

Narp

Smash Cadet
While it's fanmade, don't let that label deter you. It's the most polished Touhou fangame I've ever seen, and is up there with the high-end 2D indie games in terms of production value.
Yeah. Team Ladybug is also behind the 2D SMT hoax-but-not-really spinoff Synchronicity Prologue, for those familiar with the Megami Tensei series.
I played Luna Nights, and as a fan of games like Megaman I really enjoyed the title.
The game is friendly for all kinds of players imo, the difficulties are really well set, and things like skills arent even needed to get trough the game if you are skillful enough.
For sure. Whenever I replay it, I find myself praising the game's brilliant level and enemy design, effectively teaching you everything you need to know in the first level and expanding on that knowledge as you go.
On that note, I'm really looking forward to what becomes of Gensokyo Night Festival. Currently in early access and really lacks content but damn does it look and feel good. Also, Suika as a playable fills my heart with joy. Touhou 17.5 should also get released this month at Comiket, if I'm not mistaken. Another fun game, though I hope the final game crashes less than the demo.
Gensokyo Night Festival has apparently been in development for years before publisher Playism came into the picture, so while the early access build lacks content, I would not be surprised if most of the game is finished but lacking in polish.

Oh heck, I might get a chance to grab a copy of 17.5 this month in that case. Unless their stock runs out real fast.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Oh heck, I might get a chance to grab a copy of 17.5 this month in that case. Unless their stock runs out real fast.
I was thinking about going to comicet just for that but then remembered how I hate such big events and that my chance of actually getting a copy is slim if I don't want to stay in line for hours on end.

I'll just wait the month and order the game like always. :x

Narp

Smash Cadet
Is Genso Skydrift just a port of the already existing PC version or are there additional goodies in it? Still unsure if I should pull the trigger with already so many games for me this month.
That reminds me, Azure Reflections (2018) on consoles (and even Steam now!) is apparently an enhanced version of the 2012 PC game. It's a great not-too-difficult horizontal-scrolling bullet hell fangame with some interesting gimmicks. Wish I could get my hands on the original to compare them.

As for Skydrift, I really have no idea. I can't seem to find any details anywhere.

D019

Smash Cadet
That reminds me, Azure Reflections (2018) on consoles (and even Steam now!) is apparently an enhanced version of the 2012 PC game. It's a great not-too-difficult horizontal-scrolling bullet hell fangame with some interesting gimmicks. Wish I could get my hands on the original to compare them.

As for Skydrift, I really have no idea. I can't seem to find any details anywhere.
i have old 2012 version of azure blue (old named Maihana Ao Makyou - Uniting Barrage Action) and the switch version
there are not much difference between those two and i dont know about post content on the old one as i can't get through sakuya, the one i can see is
- english translation (i need an entire weekend trying to patch this, and it only translate the first stage)
- diagonal control on break not working on old version
- added cirno as playable and meiling for the first boss battle

i get the old version from moriya shrine.

MindlessMage

Smash Cadet
I am currently working with four doujin circles to investigate the doujin leak some more. Figuring out things like who it is and what not. I can't believe I became friends with a doujin circle I like just because of a Smash leak.

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
I am currently working with four doujin circles to investigate the doujin leak some more. Figuring out things like who it is and what not. I can't believe I became friends with a doujin circle I like just because of a Smash leak.
That's a big step up

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
So this wonderful video popped up in my Youtube recommendations:

Oh yes I seen that. Very creative that there is and it was made years ago. Just recently I got a video in my notification that was 15 years ago. 15! And I never even watch Street Fighter!

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Keep up the good work! Your involvement and the updates you've posted have restored my hope just a bit.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Also I'm sure most of you have seen this but I'd just like to share one of my favorite western-composed albums for Touhou that was collaborated on by some really awesome names. RichaadEB's Touhou covers have always been great and seeing 8bitdrummer's drum covers of Touhou songs in streams is also fantastic but the fact they were also able to get Christina Vee (Shantae's voice actor) to reprise her role as vocalist for the english cover of Bad Apple (which she did the original of yeaaars back) and for them to get Temmie Chang (One of the artists for Undertale) to do the cover art, it really reminds me of how much of a following Touhou actually does have in the west despite a lot of people claiming Touhou is relatively unknown over here. It's amazing to think that the Doujin Spirit of Touhou extends, even in smaller ways, across the damn globe.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Ah, RichaadEB. His rise to fame was very interesting to see. Stumbled upon his channel in the early days, when he still only had a few hundred subscribers and 1 or 2 videos. Nice to see that he made it big on youtube. A feat not easily achieved as a musician.

Though I have to admit, as a guitarist myself, he makes me feel really small and insignificant.

Dextructor28

Smash Rookie
I hope everything goes well Mr/Ms Mindless
It sure must be fun to talk with them
If my japanese skills just were enough.... XD

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Ah, RichaadEB. His rise to fame was very interesting to see. Stumbled upon his channel in the early days, when he still only had a few hundred subscribers and 1 or 2 videos. Nice to see that he made it big on youtube. A feat not easily achieved as a musician.

Though I have to admit, as a guitarist myself, he makes me feel really small and insignificant.
Pretty cool that you've been with him that long. Just remember, there's probably somebody who makes him feel the same way! Gotta keep that perspective relative, it's the only way to stay sane. I enjoyed Bullet Hell quite a bit. Hope to see another one eventually.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I listen to Bullet Hell every once in a while. It's damn good just to have some background noise for 45 minutes.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
I listen to Bullet Hell every once in a while. It's damn good just to have some background noise for 45 minutes.
It really is, his cover of Lunar Clock Luna Dial is absolutely fantastic too understandable considering it's Sakuya's best theme.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
I now have that Bullet Hell downloaded so I can play it even without the internet.

swinn

Smash Rookie
aww i missed the RichaadEB conversation. He's literally the reason I got into Touhou. I found him for his Undertale covers, and I loved his music, so I followed him. I saw that every once in a while, he would upload songs with a subtitle like "Sakuya's Theme" or "Kaguya's Theme". Eventually, I got intrigued, so I started listening. And that marked my descent into Touhou. I started trying to play the games, starting with the PC-98 games, but decided to move to the Windows games, because everyone said that was the start of the current canon. I played EoSD and immediately loved it. And that's why I support Reimu for Smash. And my pipe dream character is Sakuya.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
aww i missed the RichaadEB conversation. He's literally the reason I got into Touhou. I found him for his Undertale covers, and I loved his music, so I followed him. I saw that every once in a while, he would upload songs with a subtitle like "Sakuya's Theme" or "Kaguya's Theme". Eventually, I got intrigued, so I started listening. And that marked my descent into Touhou. I started trying to play the games, starting with the PC-98 games, but decided to move to the Windows games, because everyone said that was the start of the current canon. I played EoSD and immediately loved it. And that's why I support Reimu for Smash. And my pipe dream character is Sakuya.
It's good that you like it so much especially that the games can be hard for newcomers. I am playing the Touhou Skydrift that just came out on the Switch today and let me just say that it is very fun to play.

swinn

Smash Rookie
It's good that you like it so much especially that the games can be hard for newcomers. I am playing the Touhou Skydrift that just came out on the Switch today and let me just say that it is very fun to play.
Yeah, I've been a member of the fanbase since about late spring/the beginning of the summer, and so far it's really welcoming and enjoyable.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Yea I am hoping for Reimu but if not we can always wait till the next pass.

But for now? GO REIMU!!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wait its on the switch today?! Eshop only? English?

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Wait its on the switch today?! Eshop only? English?
I pre ordered it and it really did came out today. The speech is in Japanese but we do get English subtitles.
Oh and yes it is in Eshop. Dont know if it's still in a deal or not.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Text is English. And Clownpiece is playable.
Oh she is new huh? Sadly my fav isn't in i b3t *points to icon

I pre ordered it and it really did came out today. The speech is in Japanese but we do get English subtitles.
Oh and yes it is in Eshop. Dont know if it's still in a deal or not.
I assumed it would be sub only. But you preordered a dogital only game?

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the UK so it costed me £10 since it was also in a deal at a time. So I think it was 12 to 15 since is was only 20% off

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh wait my bad it was actually £20 with a five pound discount. Still 20% off though.
Yeah just looked, in NA its 19.19, not a bad price for a full racer with online multiplayer. I wonder though how many people will play for the online to be decent

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah just looked, in NA its 19.19, not a bad price for a full racer with online multiplayer. I wonder though how many people will play for the online to be decent
Just played a bit of Online. It has Ranked and Free. Free is for groups with Ranked is for leveling up. It's nice but since it's still new there isnt that much people online yet.

Top Bottom