• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So, just to get minds off of leaks and all that, let's pretend Sakurai is a fan of Touhou, do you think he's be a Reimu main or a Marisa main?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So, just to get minds off of leaks and all that, let's pretend Sakurai is a fan of Touhou, do you think he's be a Reimu main or a Marisa main?
Probably a Marisa main tbh, just on the basis of most Kirby designs having Western influences here and there, with the occasional ninja-type enemy. Just a hunch tbh. Other than that, something tells me he'd be partial towards Hong and Yuyuko.

More Touhou art I saw.

Beyond Smash, what are you guys hoping for when it comes to TGA?
Absolutely nothing. TGA is a terrible event and almost always unexciting, so I'm not hopeful at all for anything interesting. I could be wrong this time around, but other than that, it'll just be background noise for me.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Marisa, definitely. Kirby -> Stars -> Marisa... the signs are just irrefutable.
I definitely think he's be a Marisa main. lol

More Touhou art I saw.

Beyond Smash, what are you guys hoping for when it comes to TGA?
Love Flandre, love the art.

As for the VGA's I expect nothing. I'm only going to be watching Maximilian Dood's Stream because it's a borefest otherwise.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
As for the VGA's I expect nothing. I'm only going to be watching Maximilian Dood's Stream because it's a borefest otherwise.
Depending on who is streaming, I am probably going to do that as well. I am pretty sure I watched Max's stream last year, but it was all kinda a blur beyond the Joker stuff.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Good thing I'll be at the universtiy while this whole VGA mess is going on. I'll just go home a while later and... well, smell the ashes.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Tweets in question:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Tweets in question:

Very interesting.
So the similar rumor does actually exist, but his answer can interpret in two ways.
The person who composed Smash tracks also has composed Touhou music in other occasion.
The person who composed Smash tracks also composed Touhou music for Smash.
You should ask clarification for this part.

Last edited:

MindlessMage

Smash Cadet
So the similar rumor does actually exist, but his answer can interpret in two ways.
The person who composed Smash tracks also has composed Touhou music in other occasion.
The person who composed Smash tracks also composed Touhou music for Smash.
You should ask clarification for this part.
Our conversation ended for tonight. I'll contact them again tomorrow and ask for clarification on that bit. We already said our thanks and what not.

A lot of cool stuff came from this and I hope there's more in the future.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Our conversation ended for tonight. I'll contact them again tomorrow and ask for clarification on that bit. We already said our thanks and what not.

Its nice to see some movement going on, even if it might not lead to anything significant. Still, thank you for sticking your nose out to get the information.

Narp

Smash Cadet
The list has really narrowed down, huh? I was already guessing that Square wouldn't because of the budget being low according to Sakurai (in one of his Famitsu columns after Hero) but I suppose the budget being low would lead to a literal "who character".
If we assume budget is a factor, it most certainly would not be difficult to negotiate characters and music with ZUN. Just a random thought.

And speaking of music, are there any circles you all would hope to see contribute to Smash, should our girl get an invitation and come with a buncha doujin-made tracks? I'm personally very fond of old school circles like Demetori, Halozy, Shibayan, and recently twinkle*twinkle among many others, but I don't have any particular wishes for Smash. I would just love to see all kinds of different musical styles in the game with a wide range of guest artists to later look up.

D019

Smash Cadet
If we assume budget is a factor, it most certainly would not be difficult to negotiate characters and music with ZUN. Just a random thought.

And speaking of music, are there any circles you all would hope to see contribute to Smash, should our girl get an invitation and come with a buncha doujin-made tracks? I'm personally very fond of old school circles like Demetori, Halozy, Shibayan, and recently twinkle*twinkle among many others, but I don't have any particular wishes for Smash. I would just love to see all kinds of different musical styles in the game with a wide range of guest artists to later look up.
tokyo active neets, shiro bansho, liz triangle(i heard this on disbanded sadly), a one, akatsuki records

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
There are so many fantastic circles that its really tough to choose. Not sure where to start or what genres to pick. I guess it should be more instrumental than vocal oriented but I don't know. Here we go.
  • RD-Sounds
  • Swing Holic and Sound Holic
  • Demetori
  • Iron Attack!
  • Akatsuki Records (Gotta love Stack)
  • Amaterasu Records
  • Buta Otome (Also love Ranko)
  • Marasy
  • Undead Corporation
  • East New Sound
  • Jerico's Law
  • Adust Rain
  • Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets
I'll stop there because this list is already way too long.

Dextructor28

Smash Rookie
I really would love to hear Shibayan, flap+frog, DDBY and Active Neets (Jazz rocks!)
Shinrabansho is another one I love, yet they are mostly vocal (Ayo's voice made me love Aquaterrarium even more, it's now my fav song) so I dont see it happening
undead corporation might do some really neat arranges

It's really hard to choose doujin circles, these are the ones I remember easily, all I know is I want some mukyu in the game, mukyun~

Last edited:

Narp

Smash Cadet
tokyo active neets, shiro bansho, liz triangle(i heard this on disbanded sadly), a one, akatsuki records
All of these are very good. Seems Liz Triangle disbanded in '17. Well, dang. But the founder and a lyricist of Liz Triangle also run Shinra-Bansho, so they're not completely gone. It's too bad Lily-An had to split, her voice is great.

A-One's my daily Eurobeat fix.

I'm kind of in a love-hate relationship with Stack's voice. On the one hand, I absolutely love her voice in works like Bloody Devotion, but I can't take the comedic Engrish songs very serious. But you're probably not meant to. Kind of like IOSYS. They too have a lot of comedy songs that are more funny than, like, musical masterpieces. It's good meme material, I suppose.
There are so many fantastic circles that its really tough to choose. Not sure where to start or what genres to pick. I guess it should be more instrumental than vocal oriented but I don't know. Here we go.
On top of them probably being instrumental, I wonder if the hypothetical remixes will be more faithful to the originals since these circles often take a lot of liberties when making arrangements.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

If at all possible, it might do some good to know when the rumors started, if you can ask that. That could give us a timeline to work with and see if it logically works with anything.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
And speaking of music, are there any circles you all would hope to see contribute to Smash, should our girl get an invitation and come with a buncha doujin-made tracks?
Including an example for each:

Most don't really fit the "Smash Style", but sod that limiting ********. >_>

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I've always been under the impression that if Touhou shows up in a crossover, xi-on should do the music. Their style would be perfect for a fighting game.
Another one I'd love to hear is dBu. His arranges are very faithful to the original songs and he even got to work on one of the ULiL remixes.

Narp

Smash Cadet

Oh, this is getting kinda spicy. I mean, I know not to get my hopes up, I'm just here for the ride.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

I pretty much would want the Active NEETs orchestral group to do everything. Touhou tunes sound so good when played by a live orchestra.

Genoa x Charlotte

Smash Rookie
So this is what the Reimu thread on Smashboards is like, nice. Head a lot about it on the Reimucord.

Anyways, hello there! I’m Genoa x Charlotte, and I’d really like Reimu in Smash. Oh, I’m also called Alina on Discord, so some of you guys here might know me. Nice to meet all of you

Xhampi

Smash Lord
So I've finally been able to give the series a shot and played Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Perfect Cherry Blossom and Hisoutensoku.

I pretty much spent the first two games in a state between "AAAAAAAAAH", "How the hell did I survive ?" and "How is the music so good ?"

The latter one was really usefull to get an idea of how Reimu may work in smash and I'm more than okay with the idea.

So yeah, add me to the supporter list please.

And just like that the games I'm currently plannig to buy on the switch are :
-Valkyrie of Phantasm
-Antinomy of Common Flowers
-Gensou Skydrift
-Luna Nights
-Hollow Knight : Silksong

Joining the Touhou fandom is an unexpected way to begin the new decade but I'm not complaining. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zferolie

Smash Hero
It would be cool to see some touhou games in this indie direct, but wonder if they would

Rikarte

Smash Ace
So this is what the Reimu thread on Smashboards is like, nice. Head a lot about it on the Reimucord.

Anyways, hello there! I’m Genoa x Charlotte, and I’d really like Reimu in Smash. Oh, I’m also called Alina on Discord, so some of you guys here might know me. Nice to meet all of you
Welcome to the boards!
It would be cool to see some touhou games in this indie direct, but wonder if they would
Luna Nights is a Touhou game I could actually see showing up in a Nindies Direct. There is an official English version, the studio who made it should have more than enough money to pay for the marketing and the game itself can easily appeal to a broader audience than most other doujin games. I don't expect it, we've never had anything Touhou show up in a Direct after all, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was there.

gavtel

Smash Cadet
A bit late to the circle discussion BUT even though they're obscure, I'd love to hear S.S.H. (Saitama Saisyu Heiki) and Aether Eru in there (those two make some pretty good metal remixes of Touhou tracks together, mostly Ghostly Eyes since S.S.H. is obsessed with it for some reason and can't stop remixing it). I've been hoping they would show up in one of the fighting game soundtracks when they announced circles were working on the music but no luck so far.

As for the Indie World, here's hoping there is some Touhou but I'd understand if there wasn't.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Just watched the Indie and I regret to say that no Touhou related game came on.

Dextructor28

Smash Rookie
Dang, I was watching the Nintendo Indie World direct and Touhou didnt even appear briefly. That's sad

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I'm kinda surprised we didn't see anything about King of Cards. Like, doesn't the game release today?

Narp

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Narp

Smash Cadet
What surprises me the most about this isn't the fact that Luna Nights got chosen. What surprises me most is that the head priest himself (our lord and saviour ZUN) appeared there.
This man really is everywhere.

Wonder what kind of beer they used to lure him over there.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
That's really strange. Luna Nights is supposed to release on the Switch any day now, but there's still no word from anyone.
Is Luna Night an official Touhou game or is it another fanmade one?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Is Luna Night an official Touhou game or is it another fanmade one?
While it's fanmade, don't let that label deter you. It's the most polished Touhou fangame I've ever seen, and is up there with the high-end 2D indie games in terms of production value.

Top Bottom