• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
With Koumajou Densetsu confirmed to be releasing on the Switch, a Smash modder's added Koumajou Remilia over Dark Pit into Ultimate!
It's always nice to see the timing of these things line up.

That's a decent looking Reimu/Marisa mod too. The models looks high quality, I wonder where they came from. Much nicer than the Brawl days.

It's also kinda funny that they put Reimu and Marisa over Pyra and Mythra, since a few people were wondering if a Touhou rep may come with an AoCF tag gimmick.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
That's a decent looking Reimu/Marisa mod too. The models looks high quality, I wonder where they came from. Much nicer than the Brawl days.

It's also kinda funny that they put Reimu and Marisa over Pyra and Mythra, since a few people were wondering if a Touhou rep may come with an AoCF tag gimmick.
Damn, can't believe I didn't know about that the game had that gimmick. I just realized that Reimu could just have Marisa as her "partner"! I would've mentioned that when I was talking about the whole switching character mechanic being a possible thing for Reimu a wile back:

~Made on 4/18/21
I also think about how cool it would be to incorperate the partner system from that game in the same vain as Pyra/Mythra, with slight differences
If I had known about this sooner, I would've immediately picked her over Yukari. I have a MIGHTY NEED to see Marisa's Master Spark spellcard in this game!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Reimu has been added to the Super Smash Bros. Infinite thread! If you have ideas for Touhou content or just interested in the project, be sure to check it out.

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
☢ CAUTION!! LONG ESSAY AHEAD! ☢

Well everyone, it has been a little over a month and a half since the newest Touhou game, Unconnected Marketeers, has released. I am excited to tell all of you that everyone's reactions to this game have gotten better since the game released! For those who don't know, the initial reactions to this game were...not great. I believe the biggest problems that people had with the game were the character designs and, for once, the music. I think this was the first time I've seen almost everyone unanimously say that they did not like the music in a Touhou game. Maybe it was because of the last game, maybe it isn't. IDK. I personally argued that while this isn't one of ZUN's greatest works, it still isn't the worst thing he's done. At least I found that there are some things to like about it. (cough*Touhou16.5isagamethatshouldn'tevenexist*cough)

However, criticism is fine. Criticism isn't the real reason for this post. It's something much worse. Unfortunately, I just found out that it isn't that uncommon for someone in the fandom to think that modern Touhou is inferior to the classic Windows era, and that there are actually some people in the fandom who say that Touhou in recent years has been hot garbage! ...Well, that's not true, I actually found out about this months before the game came out that people have been saying this for a while, but I'm just now letting it get through my thick skull, I guess! hahahaha.....
I'll admit, I've been feeling a bit uneasy for exactly one month after the release of Touhou 18 when I saw just how harsh people were on this game, and even ZUN himself. (especially the latter, as there are some things I want to get into in the future, just not now of course. My fingers are killing me.) Obviously, I don't feel that this game or any other game in the series is above criticism, I'm pretty sure I made this clear in the "review" I made of the game. It's just that, every time I see a comment saying something along the lines of "Touhou stopped being good after ___", or "ZUN's running out of ideas", or "I just wish Touhou just return to the good old days", I gotta tell you, it f***ing stings. Each one just feels like a kick in the stomach.

I feel like I am the only person in this fandom that sees that Touhou still has something of quality to it even after 25 years running, even if I know for a fact that I'm actually not. (I'm pretty sure that I could even write an entire essay about why Touhou is still good, though I'm not going to because I spent way too much f---ing time rewriting this god forsaken post.) In the height of it all, I even questioned if I should still like something if I feel that everyone else hates it so much. It was really hard for me to ignore this one game, not because I hate it, but because I pretty much give every single game the same amount of attention and love (cough) Thankfully, I've come to my senses and realized, I still love Touhou, and, just to clarify, none of this means that my support for my beloved shrine maiden getting in SSBU as a fighter has waned at all during this period (#ReimuForSmash!!!), but I still feel like something has changed with me and this series and I just can't figure out what it is. Sorry for the depressing essay, I really wanted to get this off my chest. Maybe you agree with me, maybe you just think I'm pathetic for getting worked up over something like this, IDK. I love this series too much see it get hurt like this. This series is my life! I really wish to talk about this with you guys.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
☢ CAUTION!! LONG ESSAY AHEAD! ☢

Well everyone, it has been a little over a month and a half since the newest Touhou game, Unconnected Marketeers, has released. I am excited to tell all of you that everyone's reactions to this game have gotten better since the game released! For those who don't know, the initial reactions to this game were...not great. I believe the biggest problems that people had with the game were the character designs and, for once, the music. I think this was the first time I've seen almost everyone unanimously say that they did not like the music in a Touhou game. Maybe it was because of the last game, maybe it isn't. IDK. I personally argued that while this isn't one of ZUN's greatest works, it still isn't the worst thing he's done. At least I found that there are some things to like about it. (cough*Touhou16.5isagamethatshouldn'tevenexist*cough)

However, criticism is fine. Criticism isn't the real reason for this post. It's something much worse. Unfortunately, I just found out that it isn't that uncommon for someone in the fandom to think that modern Touhou is inferior to the classic Windows era, and that there are actually some people in the fandom who say that Touhou in recent years has been hot garbage! ...Well, that's not true, I actually found out about this months before the game came out that people have been saying this for a while, but I'm just now letting it get through my thick skull, I guess! hahahaha.....
I'll admit, I've been feeling a bit uneasy for exactly one month after the release of Touhou 18 when I saw just how harsh people were on this game, and even ZUN himself. (especially the latter, as there are some things I want to get into in the future, just not now of course. My fingers are killing me.) Obviously, I don't feel that this game or any other game in the series is above criticism, I'm pretty sure I made this clear in the "review" I made of the game. It's just that, every time I see a comment saying something along the lines of "Touhou stopped being good after ___", or "ZUN's running out of ideas", or "I just wish Touhou just return to the good old days", I gotta tell you, it f***ing stings. Each one just feels like a kick in the stomach.

I feel like I am the only person in this fandom that sees that Touhou still has something of quality to it even after 25 years running, even if I know for a fact that I'm actually not. (I'm pretty sure that I could even write an entire essay about why Touhou is still good, though I'm not going to because I spent way too much f---ing time rewriting this god forsaken post.) In the height of it all, I even questioned if I should still like something if I feel that everyone else hates it so much. It was really hard for me to ignore this one game, not because I hate it, but because I pretty much give every single game the same amount of attention and love (cough) Thankfully, I've come to my senses and realized, I still love Touhou, and, just to clarify, none of this means that my support for my beloved shrine maiden getting in SSBU as a fighter has waned at all during this period (#ReimuForSmash!!!), but I still feel like something has changed with me and this series and I just can't figure out what it is. Sorry for the depressing essay, I really wanted to get this off my chest. Maybe you agree with me, maybe you just think I'm pathetic for getting worked up over something like this, IDK. I love this series too much see it get hurt like this. This series is my life! I really wish to talk about this with you guys.
Honestly, the "running out of ideas" criticism isn't even valid. If he ran out of ideas for character designs, we wouldn't have countless Touhou games and counting. The music, I feel, has its own quality to it that stands out in comparison to, say, EoSD or UFO. Is it different? Yes, absolutely, and that's okay. But here's the thing about these kinds of things: Touhou, at least recent Touhou games, has this knack for things growing on you. There are people passionate enough to crack some good-spirited jokes about the new characters and compose banger remixes of those new songs which can influence their opinions and perceptions of them. It's just that facet of Touhou that makes it feel magical, if I'm being honest.

Last edited:

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
My current belief: We won't get Reimu for Ultimate. Why?

Because clearly Sakurai would be smart enough that he knows we need Marisa as well and it wouldn't work as a skin or a mii costume. It has to be an Echo or the like.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
That's like, 90% Highly Responsive to Prayers. lol

Title made me think it was a licensed Demon Slayer game XD
My first thought too (although I saw this as it being retweeted by the aforementioned Sr Pelo so my expectations can't go wrong) and I always forgot that Highly Response to Prayers is really underappreciated in the series even the standard of the PC-98 games.

I probably want to try it out myself.

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Found this discovery on Twitter, not Touhou related per say but it looks like one.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, shoot me with a gun and call it a danmaku battle! If it ain't Touhou 1, except you can actually jump in this game, so really, it's Touhou 1 but way better, lol.

Honestly, the "running out of ideas" criticism isn't even valid. If he ran out of ideas for character designs, we wouldn't have countless Touhou games and counting. The music, I feel, has its own quality to it that stands out in comparison to, say, EoSD or UFO. Is it different? Yes, absolutely, and that's okay. But here's the thing about these kinds of things: Touhou, at least recent Touhou games, has this knack for things growing on you. There are people passionate enough to crack some good-spirited jokes about the new characters and compose banger remixes of those new songs which can influence their opinions and perceptions of them. It's just that facet of Touhou that makes it feel magical, if I'm being honest.

Hey, I've been waiting to tell you this until after we were done with that other thread, but this really means a lot to me. I wish I was able to think this rationally about this last month. I think you're right, this series is just different in a way that many fans of the series just aren't used to, even if at its core, the fundamental elements haven't changed at all. For example, I found ZUN's storytelling and incorperation of themes and myths to be consistent ever since the 6th game. And even if his music has changed, the way that he makes each character theme unique to them by incorporating parts of their character into these songs hasn't. And the one thing that is guaranteed to never change is that it will always be a Doujinshi. No matter what happens, Touhou is, and will always be, a Doujin franchise.

☢ CAUTION THE 2ND!! DEPRESSING ESSAY AHEAD! ☢

I said I was going to talk about this in another post, so I might as well talk about it here. Consider it a continuation of my previous post.

In case you didn't know, ZUN would attach an omake.txt file to his games. These would tell you important things about the game, including the characters and what they are like and what role they play into the story, and just what was going on behind the scenes during the development of the game. Well, in this game, Something in the omake.txt file really caught my eye. In it, he mostly talks about just how hectic the developing a game is during a worldwide pandemic. He says,

"I have been so busy developing this game that I had no other choice but to stay home. I haven't been able to properly rest or play since the beginning of this year, so there's a lot of games that I have been wanting to play but haven't had a chance to do so. Once the mastering is finished, I want to go soak in a hot spring! And have a celebration and let loose!
But amid this COVID crisis, people are being asked to refrain from doing these things. How am I supposed to stay motivated then? I can't enjoy these rewards, so game development is becoming more and more of a stoic process. It's hell!"

I am actually really worried about him during these times. I hope I don't sound off in any way when I say this, but I (half jokingly) told my sister that ZUN is pretty much the only person I care about during this pandemic when we were having a talk about the same topic in the last post I made. (I say this because my family is already vaccinated, and I know that we would be just fine after taking it.)

I worry that more and more people would be turning away from these games and give up on this series if he keeps making them like this, or the worst possible outcome: he might just work himself into an early grave. (I made myself tear up after typing this. The thought of that happening almost makes my stomach churn. I should slap myself for even thinking about this.) I am very worried about how Touhou would turn out in the future if this pandemic doesn't end. I don't wanna lose it. I don't wanna lose HIM. Both ZUN and this series have so much to live for. I almost wanna go outside and shout, "END THIS PANDEMIC SO ZUN CAN MAKE BETTER GAMES!" (I hope this will lighten up the post a bit). I care way to much about this franchise to see it die such an unceremonious death! Let more people know about this! THIS NEEDS TO BE HEARD!

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Theres a new Unknown X livestream for Danmaku Kagura, they will announce the release date and "even bigger news"
Keep in mind this game will likely still only be Japan only.

Also related to that, It seems beatmario announced a 4 Disc Release of a Touhou Arrange Album featuring many different Music Circles in one.
More informations will be revealed in the aforementioned livestream but beatmarios idea for this project was to support all of these groups since there had been no Conventions like Comiket and Reitaisai in a way they could hold them before. In addition, each of the circles will have a new album release individually.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That Mii wave was a massacre to a lot of people I'm guessing. I wasn't expecting Shantae, though and that kind of worries me since I assumed a possible Reimu inclusion would include indie Miis.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
That Mii wave was a massacre to a lot of people I'm guessing. I wasn't expecting Shantae, though and that kind of worries me since I assumed a possible Reimu inclusion would include indie Miis.
Yes, getting costumed has always been a likely outcome. This wave especially showed highly speculated characters, so if Touhou doesn't get a character, it will probably get a costume.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Isn't the glitch also head invicibility frames ?
The glitch is a graze, complete with effect.

Yes, getting costumed has always been a likely outcome. This wave especially showed highly speculated characters, so if Touhou doesn't get a character, it will probably get a costume.
The two characters that would get a Mii Costume (Reimu and Marisa) already have expies in Smash and would be redundant. That being Nakaruru and the Maid costume

zriL

Smash Journeyman
The glitch is a graze, complete with effect.
The effect you're talking about has always been in smash, look it up. It also has the typical graze sound from Touhou but it's always been there and is not a glitch. The glitch has always been about the changing hitbox.

The two characters that would get a Mii Costume (Reimu and Marisa) already have expies in Smash and would be redundant. That being Nakaruru and the Maid costume
They could give us Youmu and Okuu costumes, nobody would complain about that choice.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The effect you're talking about has always been in smash, look it up. It also has the typical graze sound from Touhou but it's always been there and is not a glitch. The glitch has always been about the changing hitbox.
No ****. The point of the glitch involved the graze and Kazuya lacks it completely. Glitches have never been closely related to Smash characters and I presume this glitch to be the same.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Wow, that was a Mii massacre indeed, holy cow. I'm glad we made it. Nice for Shantae fans that they get a music track at least.

Last edited:

zriL

Smash Journeyman
No ****. The point of the glitch involved the graze and Kazuya lacks it completely. Glitches have never been closely related to Smash characters and I presume this glitch to be the same.
You can probably "graze" with Kazuya just like with any other character. The glitch is about a changing hitbox or partial invulnerability, kazuya has a way to do it with a completely new command input, it's certainly close enough to cause a universal glitch. The only difference I see is that the glitch was seemingly about projectiles only, we don't know that about Kazuya.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
That was a a very fun presentation. Looking forward to the release.

Now, I dont believe we will see Reimu, not even as a Mii Costume, but I find it particularily interesting how only the Indie Mii Costumes were the ones to be accompanied with music, likely because they were easy to negotiate with. Hoping for Shovel Knight with Strike the Earth to end the final wave at the very least.

I really have no idea what to speculate for the last DLC spot. Out of the ones left, I had always felt like Hayabusa to be a strong contender given the rumors and how Koei Tecmo had been closely working and collaborating with Nintendo for pretty much as long as Smash and DLC development had been going on.
I dont believe we see any western DLC besides maybe Crash but thats a big if. Regarding 1st Party Im not even sure whats really "left" to add.
People tend to forget that a Smash DLC pack is more than just 1 Fighter they bring with them.
Every series is already very well repped and rounded out and Its difficult to think of a Nintendo 1st Party Franchise thats not already having good representation and content. I mean, Id be hoping for Ayumi Tachibana but that might be a stretch...

If I had any personal hopes and wishes then that would probably go towards Phoenix Wright.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That was a a very fun presentation. Looking forward to the release.

Now, I dont believe we will see Reimu, not even as a Mii Costume, but I find it particularily interesting how only the Indie Mii Costumes were the ones to be accompanied with music, likely because they were easy to negotiate with. Hoping for Shovel Knight with Strike the Earth to end the final wave at the very least.

I really have no idea what to speculate for the last DLC spot. Out of the ones left, I had always felt like Hayabusa to be a strong contender given the rumors and how Koei Tecmo had been closely working and collaborating with Nintendo for pretty much as long as Smash and DLC development had been going on.
I dont believe we see any western DLC besides maybe Crash but thats a big if. Regarding 1st Party Im not even sure whats really "left" to add.
People tend to forget that a Smash DLC pack is more than just 1 Fighter they bring with them.
Every series is already very well repped and rounded out and Its difficult to think of a Nintendo 1st Party Franchise thats not already having good representation and content. I mean, Id be hoping for Ayumi Tachibana but that might be a stretch...

If I had any personal hopes and wishes then that would probably go towards Phoenix Wright.
Splatoon remains seriously under-represented, especially with Splatoon 3 coming down the pipe. Splatoon 2 moved something like 10 million copies. I don't think the last character is likely to be a Splatoon one because I don't think any individual character is likely given the number of possibilities, but Splatoon is definitely expanding beyond one character at some point in the future. Could be now, could be the next Smash game, but it's sold way too well and is way too popular to stay at one forever.

sessian

Smash Rookie
I gotta say, I don't envy the last DLC character. Doesn't matter who it is, they're gonna be scapegoated by salty people who didn't get what they want, and get their big reveal overshadowed by the fact that it's all over. It really is a heavy cross to bear.

Reimu continues to be a long shot. I don't think she's Mii material; if she isn't the fighter then she won't even be mentioned, and Touhou and Smash will continue to be two franchises that have never officially met.

I'm curious to know everyone's other wanted characters, though. It's unhealthy to be locked on to just a single character, because your odds of winning are just vanishingly low. Me, I'd be stoked if they brought in Grovyle, but specifically the Mystery Dungeon character. He could be the unofficial rep of Pokemon spinoffs. One of the few technically first party picks that would occupy an as-yet-unfilled niche in terms of series representation.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I gotta say, I don't envy the last DLC character. Doesn't matter who it is, they're gonna be scapegoated by salty people who didn't get what they want, and get their big reveal overshadowed by the fact that it's all over. It really is a heavy cross to bear.

Reimu continues to be a long shot. I don't think she's Mii material; if she isn't the fighter then she won't even be mentioned, and Touhou and Smash will continue to be two franchises that have never officially met.

I'm curious to know everyone's other wanted characters, though. It's unhealthy to be locked on to just a single character, because your odds of winning are just vanishingly low. Me, I'd be stoked if they brought in Grovyle, but specifically the Mystery Dungeon character. He could be the unofficial rep of Pokemon spinoffs. One of the few technically first party picks that would occupy an as-yet-unfilled niche in terms of series representation.
Another Pokemon character is always a possibility, so you never know. My realistic hope, at this point, would be a 2nd Splatoon character. Pie-in-the-sky would be an Advance Wars rep but that's just not happening, haha.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, I remember some people saying Reimu's "too unique" to be a Mii, but seeing as Shantae was relegated to a Brawler despite all the hair-whippinga nd dances, I'm not so sure that really works. Honestly, I think a Reimu Swordfighter would at least look passable in terms of movements, even if I'm not that big on the Miis themselves.

I'd say Reimu as a fighter is still possible, but the Miis have been pretty good in terms of coverage. We got stuff like Vault Boy and Cuphead; Not really sure why Reimu wouldn't have a possibility of being a Mii beyond being a fighter.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Y'know, I remember some people saying Reimu's "too unique" to be a Mii, but seeing as Shantae was relegated to a Brawler despite all the hair-whippinga nd dances, I'm not so sure that really works. Honestly, I think a Reimu Swordfighter would at least look passable in terms of movements, even if I'm not that big on the Miis themselves.

I'd say Reimu as a fighter is still possible, but the Miis have been pretty good in terms of coverage. We got stuff like Vault Boy and Cuphead; Not really sure why Reimu wouldn't have a possibility of being a Mii beyond being a fighter.
I literally bought the Veronica and Nakoruru Mii costumes to make the best makeshift Reimu possible, so I'd be both happy and frustrated if we got an actual Reimu costume.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Ngl, Shantae is probably my 2nd MW. I found out about her games years ago and I think she's just cool! To tell you the truth, I was confused as to why people were giving their condolences to the fans of the Mii costumes mentioned. I never got the sentiment that a Mii costume means that that character was "deconfirmed". I thought it was just another way of getting in the game, and that that people would just be happy that their series got any form of representation at all. Honestly, I still don't think I understand it fully, even if, personally, I would prefer Reimu to get in as a actual fighter, simply because of just how much she would add to the game, I don't think I would cry over her being a Mii costume.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
You can probably "graze" with Kazuya just like with any other character. The glitch is about a changing hitbox or partial invulnerability, kazuya has a way to do it with a completely new command input, it's certainly close enough to cause a universal glitch. The only difference I see is that the glitch was seemingly about projectiles only, we don't know that about Kazuya.
You don't graze from invincibility frames and Kazuya has multiple instances of high/low invincibility in his kit that don't involve dashing.

Can't say I've seen 'too unique' as a criticism. I'm just of the notion that a costume for Reimu would be redundant considering Nakaruru's costume is 80% what a Reimu costume would be.

Last edited:

zriL

Smash Journeyman
You don't graze from invincibility frames and Kazuya has multiple instances of high/low invincibility in his kit that don't involve dashing.
Kazuya isn't fully invicible therefore he can still graze, and it doesn't matter what other irrelevant things he can do.

Let's wait until the patch is out, so we can see what he can really do.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Kazuya isn't fully invicible therefore he can still graze, and it doesn't matter what other irrelevant things he can do.

Let's wait until the patch is out, so we can see what he can really do.
Im telling you with my two decades of experience with fighting games how it works. Other invincible frame moves don't graze here and I don't see that happening with Kazuya. There's nothing unique about Kazuya's invincibility that hasn't been in Smash before.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Im telling you with my two decades of experience with fighting games how it works. Other invincible frame moves don't graze here and I don't see that happening with Kazuya. There's nothing unique about Kazuya's invincibility that hasn't been in Smash before.
With the bug still alive, it looks like you were right. We can never be sure about glitches though, I was merely considering the possible link between Kazuya and the glitch. You should refrain from being so confident about something you can't possibly know unless you have the source code of the game. I'm telling you with my decade of experience in programming that bugs can come from the weirdest places, and if you can't see a difference, it doesn't mean there is no difference in the code.

Anyways, it's good for us I suppose. It's actually pretty weird they didn't fix it, Kazuya or not, it's still kind of a gamebreaking bug.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I'm gonna post this from one of my own threads:

So I've been doing some thinking about who our final challenger may be, and I saw a video that brought this little fact up:

The DLC fighters seem to have mirrored colors. Like for example: If you go down starting from Piranha Plant to Banjo to Min Min to Pyra/Mythra, you'll notice that their colors are similar. Same if you do so with Joker and Hero. Except when you do it with Hero, you'll find the empty slot next to Kazuya and below Sephiroth. So I believe that whatever our final Fighter's gonna be, they're gonna have heavy ties with the color purple.

Another thing to bring up is Figure Theory: During Pyra/Mythra's presentation, Sakurai brought up that he owns figurines of upcoming fighters, including Kazuya, who hasn't been revealed at the time. And apparently, Kazuya does have a figurine.

Then this does bring up the parallels between Pass 1 & Pass 2:
  • Unexpected First Party: Piranha Plant and Min Min
  • Full-on WTF Third Party: Joker and Steve
  • Popular Square-Enix character (Or popular JRPG character): Hero and Sephiroth
  • Duo character: Banjo & Kazooie and Pyra & Mythra
  • Fighting game character: Terry and Kazuya
  • Controversial finale character: Byleth and ???

So this could help us narrow down our final fighter:

1) A potential candidate should line up with previous final reveals.
2) They should have heavy ties with the color purple.
3) They should have a figure for Sakurai to own.
4) They should parallel Byleth as a controversial reveal.

I say should because obviously these aren't ironclad. One of those might get thrown out the window when we get our final character. But it's something to bring up.

But say they fit all of those things. Who could it be? My money would be on Nihilego from Pokemon:

1) It lines up rather well with previous reveals
2) Ultra Wormhole energy is mainly different shades of purple, and the purple could also come from its Poison-typing.
3) It has a figure Sakurai could use for reference.
4) It would set off a lot of people who don't want another Pokemon rep, as well as Ultra Beast anti-fans.

That's just what I think, though. Anyone else?
Now obviously these aren't ironclad as I've said here, but I find it hard to find ties between Reimu and the color purple, since she's always been attributed to the color red. Unless we're really stretching and making that connection with her PC-98 design's hair color. Don't get me wrong, I still want Reimu, but at least one of those factors seems to play against her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom