• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

zferolie

Smash Hero
I just saw the supposedly leaked character and I had a dumb, silly idea even if it is 100% gonna be shot down very soon.

Imagine if Reimu and the leaked character were the double reveal. Can you imagine the ****posts and memes that'd come from that?
Thats what I was saying. They are both technically shooters too.... seeing them fight in the 1 trailer for both could be hilarious

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting Reimu to get announced during E3 anyways.
It certainly would be a little odd seeing a doujin character at one of gaming's most commercialized AAA events.
I wouldn't take an absence of a reveal as a point in Reimu's favor though, it's more likely that they're saving the last reveal to keep hype high.

Still, it is funny this is the first E3 solo smash reveal, well, ever iirc.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Metroid, some of the Mario games, Shin Megami Tensei V, and BOTW2 looked pretty interesting. Couldn't really care less about the Smash reveal unfortunately; not really a fan of traditional fighting games, and this dude looks pretty basic tbh. I'm probably just disappointed though. The DLC characters always turn out unique and fun to play, so he should probably be pretty cool in the end.

Quidd Dude

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'm really happy with Kazuya, finally a character in this pass that comes from a game I've played and liked, Sephiroth was hype too but since I've never played any FF game I wasn't that attached to the character. Hopefully Reimu gets that last spot....

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Maybe we could get Reimu as the last character !
We usually do no get huge 3rd party characters at the very end, only during the beginning/middle so maybe it's Reimu's time but I wouldn't hold my breath because it could also be a promotional Nintendo pick

SMT V and Mario Party though.... ♥

Last edited:

Tetrus

Smash Rookie
Alright, haven't posted in forever, but here's the new dumb theory that entered my brain after today:

Theory of 2s:

Fighters Pass 2
2 JRPG reps (Aegis, Sephiroth)
2 Fighter reps (Min Min, Kazuya)
2 Indie reps (Steve, ???)

Admittedly it is very debatable whether ARMS is a fighting game in the same sense that SF/Fatal Fury/Tekken are, depending on who you ask, and Minecraft hasn't been an indie in years. But I needed to unload this somewhere, and hopes are still high!

One more to go...

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
My sister and I watched the direct together earlier today, and even we thought we were gonna get a double reveal. THANK GOD we didn't! I never wanted a double reveal for one direct. I don't think I would want it even if Reimu does get revealed alongside someone else, I just thought it was the most likely outcome we were gonna get. Hey, at least she still has a chance, baby! Woo, things are getting TENSE!

I gotta say though, I can't be the only one who was weirded out by how the trailer introduced our new fighter. It just wasn't as grandiose as they normally are. He was just introduced so fast like they were going, "Okay, here's your new fighter. We gotta get a move on! Come on, chop chop!" I know that this isn't a big issue, probably, but I couldn't help but keep thinking about how this trailer could've been different. Besides that, most of what they showcased (new Metroid game, Super Monkey Ball sequel, Danganronpa, Warioware, etc) got me pretty stoked to play them in the future once I get my hands on a switch!

Paraster

Smash Lord
Alright, haven't posted in forever, but here's the new dumb theory that entered my brain after today:

Theory of 2s:

Fighters Pass 2
2 JRPG reps (Aegis, Sephiroth)
2 Fighter reps (Min Min, Kazuya)
2 Indie reps (Steve, ???)

Admittedly it is very debatable whether ARMS is a fighting game in the same sense that SF/Fatal Fury/Tekken are, depending on who you ask, and Minecraft hasn't been an indie in years. But I needed to unload this somewhere, and hopes are still high!

One more to go...
I tend not to trust patterns in Smash, but I really hope this does lead to another indie character. Even beyond Reimu, there's so many options I'd love--Quote, Frisk, Papyrus, Cadence, Madeline, the Knight...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, if you think about it, Reimu being the potential final Challenger Pack kinda makes sense, as I think the whole DLC will be a half-reflection of SSB4's DLC.

For context: the final two revealed fighters for Smash 4 were Corrin and Bayonetta. A Fire Emblem character and a small-scale third-party.

I kinda feel like this time around, the DLC will...sorta be similar. The final fighter of FP1 was Byleth, the Fire Emblem character, so having FP2's final fighter being Reimu, the small-scale third-party, would make some modicum of sense.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What is the general consensus on a potential Fighters Pass 3 nowadays? I haven't heard anyone entertain the possibility of one in quite some time, although it seems likely.

This article also justifies why it could happen shortly after Fighters Pass 2 concludes.
Saakurai's gone on record stating that the last fighters of FP2 are the end multiple times over, most notably at the tail end of Pyra and Mythra's presentation. General agreement is that FP3's chances are looking pretty grim.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Saakurai's gone on record stating that the last fighters of FP2 are the end multiple times over, most notably at the tail end of Pyra and Mythra's presentation. General agreement is that FP3's chances are looking pretty grim.
They can continue without Sakurai, dlc is much easier than making a game from scratch.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, remember when we always kept saying Sakurai's Pics of the Day don't hint at new fighters? Well, I think we may need to put that under review now:

Now I dunno if this is just mere coincidence or actual hinting, but honestly, the only way we can know for sure whether or not Sakurai is adding Reimu is if ZUN responds to another Touhou-themed Pic of the Day or something like Harada did with that Tekken thing.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So, remember when we always kept saying Sakurai's Pics of the Day don't hint at new fighters? Well, I think we may need to put that under review now:

Now I dunno if this is just mere coincidence or actual hinting, but honestly, the only way we can know for sure whether or not Sakurai is adding Reimu is if ZUN responds to another Touhou-themed Pic of the Day or something like Harada did with that Tekken thing.
No. Throwing people off cliffs/into a volcano is a very Mishima Family Tradition. There's really no hint there.

VicAdward

Smash Apprentice
Smash color.png

I noticed that Terry & Steve have almost same backgroud color in website recently
Do you think "Color Theory" is still a thing?

like, is it weird to put 2 red-themed char in a row?
if so then Reimu is in danger...

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 319670

I noticed that Terry & Steve have almost same backgroud color in website recently
Do you think "Color Theory" is still a thing?

like, is it weird to put 2 red-themed char in a row?
if so then Reimu is in danger...
Eh, I wouldn't necessarily think so. Color Theory is really flimsy and doesn't necessarily mean anything in the first place. To make a few examples, Terry's color is blue, even though is primary color is red. Byleth's color is meant to match his hair, but is a rather different shade than what he actually has. Sephiroth's color is not even black, but a dark shade of green. The colors that are picked can be taken from literally anything from the character's palette, and even so the color itself varies quite a bit from the character.
In Reimu's case, her main colors are Red and White. She also has brown for her hair, and her ascot whose color varies between games so it can be any color. If Reimu were to actually be in, I could see her color being a very light shade of pink - a combination of her red and whiteness. Red is such an iconic color for Tekken that I think it'd too hard to pass up for Kazuya.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I wouldn't necessarily think so. Color Theory is really flimsy and doesn't necessarily mean anything in the first place. To make a few examples, Terry's color is blue, even though is primary color is red. Byleth's color is meant to match his hair, but is a rather different shade than what he actually has. Sephiroth's color is not even black, but a dark shade of green. The colors that are picked can be taken from literally anything from the character's palette, and even so the color itself varies quite a bit from the character.
In Reimu's case, her main colors are Red and White. She also has brown for her hair, and her ascot whose color varies between games so it can be any color. If Reimu were to actually be in, I could see her color being a very light shade of pink - a combination of her red and whiteness. Red is such an iconic color for Tekken that I think it'd too hard to pass up for Kazuya.
I'm pretty sure we just couldn't think of any other color to represent her than red, as that's pretty integral to her identity. That's probably why we think that they are more likely to not do this at all. Any other color would just not do her justice. Your idea seems very plausible, though.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The colors don't necessarily mean anything. All that matters is that the color meshes well with the character. Look at Joker. The only Red on him is his gloves, but Red on Black is a good color Scheme. Same with Terry. Terry's Color is absolutely 'red' but he is given a cyan background and the only blue on him is his pants.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
MaddaD MaddaD

I really don't think the order of which you play matters as much for the PC-98 games as much as the windows games, so you should be fine.

(I don't know why you didn't mention the first game. It could be because you have played it before, but just because that's the boring answer, I'm just gonna assume you know just how ENRAGING this game is, and don't want to destroy your table in anger, which I cannot blame you for.)

Top Bottom