• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 8: Road to Apex

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring a recording wii. But I would way prefer low tiers or mid tiers over stamina. I would like get a vote on what people want since the turnout for our last low per tournament was great an people loved it!
On a side note I didn't notice of red x wanted to team. If he doesn't anyone wanna team.

:phone:

Tin Man

Smash Hero

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Just give us your vote now. We'll only need to consider it if the results from the FB poll differ by 1 or 0, lol.

The poll options atm are
-Low Tier Singles
-Stamina 1.5x random character 1v1

By random 1v1, that means during each individual game your character will be set to random. You don't go random once and stick with that character for the entire set.
I'll update you if any options are added to the poll but I doubt it, the tourney's in 2 days and only 6 people have voted so far.

Right now stamina is winning 4:2.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah...looking at the poll, Tin Man didn't enable it so that others could add options.

So you're gonna have to choose one of the 2 I mentioned already.

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
Well sadly I can't go to this because I have other responsibilities, but my friends are extremely hyped to go and we just finished an intense smash session where I passed on all my smashboards knowledge to them. We're still not great but were getting there. ^-^

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You miscounted. It's currently 7:7 (5:5 on fb, Iliad + Hype voted for LT, Inle+BG voted for stamina)
And if Hype doesn't show then his vote won't be counted (this applies to everyone but Hype seems most unlikely to show since he hasn't been here since SiD3 back in August 2011 iirc lol)

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
Kongmetal, we should team. We've never teamed before n our friendlies are so chill and awesome when we play.
Guess red x got stolen away. Sure =D

Also im not in the fb group anymore, not sure whay happened lol someone should add me back.

But i vote low tiers obviously

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Guess red x got stolen away. Sure =D

Also im not in the fb group anymore, not sure whay happened lol someone should add me back.

But i vote low tiers obviously
Wah srry must've missed your post, this'd have been way too legit D:

But still, I look forward to Kongmetal+Shard, team should be pretty hype :D

Also you apparently have to request to join the group again before you can be added lol

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
red x just ignoring my post.... I SEE HOW IT IS!!! lol just kidding its cool bra. But you know what this means... I must go jigglypufff on you in tourney, and you will die a slow and miserable death *_* I keed... but seriously puff kills people in her sleep!

But Tin i got an idea, usually low tiers has singles and dubz right. Why dont you just do both? Instead of both doubles and singles in LT do just one and the random battle. Best of both worlds? Although if their is a lt doubles tournament... I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER MANG! =D ...all homo

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
red x just ignoring my post.... I SEE HOW IT IS!!! lol just kidding its cool bra. But you know what this means... I must go jigglypufff on you in tourney, and you will die a slow and miserable death *_* I keed... but seriously puff kills people in her sleep!

But Tin i got an idea, usually low tiers has singles and dubz right. Why dont you just do both? Instead of both doubles and singles in LT do just one and the random battle. Best of both worlds? Although if their is a lt doubles tournament... I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER MANG! =D ...all homo
This would work greatly.

Low Tier singles + Stamina thingy.

And I didn't miss count.

V never counted Kongmetal's vote. I did~

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Not to be rude, but at my very first tournament you used Meta Knight against me in pools, and you lost, and then several tournaments later, ironically you used D3s CG against my DK in a tournament set, and I still won, so please don't talk to me about how you know competitive cause it kinda blows up in your face
ahhh the bad player argument, the smash scene never fails to deliver exactly what I expect.

I presume the team who designed tekken are top level tournament players no? the same with street fighter, soul calibur, etc.

after all if they're not, how could they know anything about competitive play? ;)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Poll officially closed!

This would work greatly.

Low Tier singles + Stamina thingy.
We don't have the resources or the time to pull this off.

At SiD 6, I ran 4 events and singles pools and both singles events didn't finish.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
What I think they ment Tin, was that you have it as stamina, but instead of random characters, have it as low tiers only.
No, they wanted to do 2 seperate events, low tier singles and random 1v1 stamina 1.5 damage ratio singles separate

I'm the one who came up with the idea of doing low tier stamina

All right, I vote for....

Low tier Stamina Mode :p

compromise is the only answer
Screw the poll, Compromise with Low tier stamina :p

If that is completely out of the question though, I vote for Stamina

It doesn't even have to be 1.5 damage ratio because none of the low tiers have chaingrabs :awesome:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So which event won?
The thing is, we're not sure because we don't know who's coming.
eg, we have a vote from Slate but he's almost definitely not showing up (only tourney he's showed up to was SiD6 iirc)

If anything, Tin will probably just check his laptop for the votes at like 5 pm (or whenever the registration for the side event will start) and check which voters actually attended the tourney, and make the decision based off of that.

Top Bottom