• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 8: Road to Apex

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Why is that more appealing to you?

EDIT:

random 1.5x damage stamina mode :bee:
I can see now that you weren't trolling. Adding a higher damage ratio makes it so that chain grabs against fast fallers don't work, while also adding an edge guarding factor in stamina which is rarely scene. Also, Stamina is not really a standard game mode, making the results mary that much more, even with random characters.

wow, sounds like a legitimate possibility. I would back this :).

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
mostly 'cuz it's fresh, i don't recall us doing stamina-related anything in a side event, & the objective of the game is diff so theres a different element of pressure

not to mention the 1.5 dmg multiplier removes CGs ;)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I can see now that you weren't trolling.
LOL :ohwell:

Adding a higher damage ratio makes it so that chain grabs against fast fallers don't work, while also adding an edge guarding factor in stamina which is rarely scene. Also, Stamina is not really a standard game mode, making the results mary that much more, even with random characters.
ye, the vid i linked was pretty legit. dat ness vs ganondorf

wow, sounds like a legitimate possibility. I would back this :).
<3

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
im still in need of one. lets team up red-x:)
You're on, sounds like fun :)

Random 1v1, hmmmmm..... Is there more people that would back this?

Lookin for maybe 7-8 people.

So far there's V115 & Red X
Random 1v1 is cool. Also down for the stamina version, sounds pretty legit as well. Either's cool, should be fun regardless :)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
ugh does anyone wanna help me clean up my house x_x

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Regular random 1v1 and 1.5x stamina random 1v1, I'm fine with both.

Actually leaning more towards stamina because I've never done it before. At least I've done random 1v1 in MMs and WoS

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
I would want to come, but I'll be the new*** with little tournament experience, only knowing people I've seen on streams. By the way, does it matter that I won't be going to Apex, I can still come right e_e?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You can come regardless of whether you're going to Apex, and don't worry about being the 'new***' with 'little tournament experience', everyone has had 0 tourney experience at some point in their lives.

And by little do you mean none at all? Cause I've never heard of you and I don't think I've ever met you...you sure you didn't mean 'no tournament experience'? XD

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
I've been to two small Local tournaments, TO Joe, Sauc3 and Ambrose showed up. But that's pretty much it. And my Wii is currently broken so I'm gonna have to play a lot of friendlies to shake off the "rust"

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Still, come anyways if you can make it man, it's a great experience and there'll be a bunch of people to friendly with to warm up and practice with throughout the day, and it's a great way to improve :)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I've been to two small Local tournaments, TO Joe, Sauc3 and Ambrose showed up. But that's pretty much it. And my Wii is currently broken so I'm gonna have to play a lot of friendlies to shake off the "rust"
You've indicated in your profile that you main Kirby. That means I automatically like you. That means you have to go to this tourney. <3

sauc3

Smash Lord
i remember that tourney lol, the prizes were gift cards for the game store, and it was all on lcds, classic!

i can assure you your tournament experience will be much different if you attend one of these (in a good way, i hope), and i wouldn't worry about not owning a wii, half the people who go never practice, its all just theory craft after a while. Tournaments are where you really get better.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
i remember that tourney lol, the prizes were gift cards for the game store, and it was all on lcds, classic!

i can assure you your tournament experience will be much different if you attend one of these (in a good way, i hope), and i wouldn't worry about not owning a wii, half the people who go never practice, its all just theory craft after a while. Tournaments are where you really get better.
Yea man that tourney was too fun. But thanks guys , I'll be comin'.

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so because Tin's working in the am, ill be running the tournament(I think with Mark and Shard) to start(So basically pools and registration). Please be on time, if you're going to be late,just post it here and ill take care of that. Looking forward to this, I havent touched Brawl since Impulse, so im probably back to being ****....even though I wasnt even good to start with lol

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ATTENTION PLEASE​

Please bring setups (Wii + Brawl) everyone ^_^!

Also, I'm going to change the Side event from low tiers to Stamina, random character , damage ratio 1.5 1v1. Any last minute objections (gonna need a few to stop this). If not, the change will be official AND FINAL.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Since I get the most fun out of competitive matches, I probably won't enter that side event, but I'm excited for this tourney :fox:
implying stamina mode is noncompetitive.

a damage ratio above 1.0 removes silly CG infinites for the most part, 1.5 definitely does.

random character on the other hand...

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Supreme Dirt said:
implying stamina mode is noncompetitive.
a damage ratio above 1.0 removes silly CG infinites for the most part, 1.5 definitely does.
Not to be rude, but at my very first tournament you used Meta Knight against me in pools, and you lost, and then several tournaments later, ironically you used D3s CG against my DK in a tournament set, and I still won, so please don't talk to me about how you know competitive cause it kinda blows up in your face

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
Since I get the most fun out of competitive matches, I probably won't enter that side event, but I'm excited for this tourney :fox:
I agree.

Iliad, I'm not joining doubles so team with Leafshadow.

I don't think Butter plays. Best Falco in Ontario is most likely Tin Man.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i dunno either but i heard she's crashing at my house tomorrow can you confirm Y/N???

Top Bottom