• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Ya Moves - a list of the top 10 moves in every category

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This is completely wrong...

1. Rob
2. Wario
3. Jigglypuff
4. Metaknight
5. Kirby
6. King DDD
7. Game and Watch
8. Pikachu
9. Pit
9. Toon Link

Mk definitley has best recovery. I would say jiggly puff is a close 2nd but thats it. Rob and wario are definitley beneath mk and jiggs
Toon Link as #10? :/ I'd consider Peach to have better recovery- heck, even Diddy.

Also, why Jiggly over Meta? Jiggly's pound gives her good horizontal recovery, but MK can glide instead and has a superior up-B- and more importantly, he's not nearly as at risk of being gimped by spikes.

J4pu

Smash Champion
dumb thread
free post

brinboy needs to not make threads, or posts in general even, I have yet to see an intelligent or useful thing from him.

inb4lock

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Luigi's FJP should be in one of the most powerful category.

Luigi's FJP and/or dTaunt Spike should be in the most awesomeness category.

Wario should be below Luigi in the air game category. Luigi is unquestionably better in the air than him. Plus, ROB is listed twice in that same category... perhaps you couldn't decide if he was better or worse than Luigi/Jiggy.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Lucario's Dair should be on the most useful section and Captain Falcons Dtaunt needs to be on there (show me your moves, LOL, it's even the name of your thread...)

Also, it's confusing to use FCFS when typing out Fully Charged Forward Smash because... FS = Final Smash: Fsmash = Forward Smash.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
A: Charizard isn't on the Grab list? WTF? Charizard has to have one of the best grab games in Brawl, how can he be kicked out?
B: Falco's taunt is actually "hands of my prey". Can we stop it with the bread for God's sake!

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
You should add a winning taunt section.

1. Ike-I fight for my friends!
2. CF really fast kicks
3. D3 Plump belly scene
4. Ike-You'll get no sympathy from me!
5. D3 Hammer blocking out 2nd place person
6. Marth Japanese Ending
7. Luigi Bang Bang
8. TL Pig carrying
9. Ganondorf Supercharged Fist
10. Snake Showtime

As for the specials neutral b:

1. Kirby Absorb Power
2. Samus Charge Beam
3. Marth Face-Turn-Blue Sword Pierce
4. Falcown PAWNCH!!!
5. Ganondorf Fist of Fury
6. MK Mach Tornado
7. Ike Eruption
8. Mario Fireballs
9. DK Wind Up Punch
10. Sheik Shuriken

kr3wman

Smash Master
Best winning taunt is probably...

''Winning is my destiny''

Too ironic good.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
You should add a winning taunt section.

1. Ike-I fight for my friends!
2. CF really fast kicks
3. D3 Plump belly scene
4. Ike-You'll get no sympathy from me!
5. D3 Hammer blocking out 2nd place person
6. Marth Japanese Ending
7. Luigi Bang Bang
8. TL Pig carrying
9. Ganondorf Supercharged Fist
10. Snake Showtime

As for the specials neutral b:

1. Kirby Absorb Power
2. Samus Charge Beam
3. Marth Face-Turn-Blue Sword Pierce
4. Falcown PAWNCH!!!
5. Ganondorf Fist of Fury
6. MK Mach Tornado
7. Ike Eruption
8. Mario Fireballs
9. DK Wind Up Punch
10. Sheik Shuriken
Peach's la-la-la taunt is the best taunt. Period.
Well...Show Me Yo Moves is better.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
I think taunts don't always mean d-pad taunts, cause for the top 10 taunts, I think D3's crouch of awesomeness should be considered. ;)

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
None of CF's or Wolf's taunts? Also: Winning poses.

#1: Wolf's "I'll be the one to take you down." (I can copy this REALLY well.)
#2: Ike's "I fight for my friends" :xD:

etc, etc.

thrash25

Smash Rookie
i guess no one here is a dk main, dk's giant punch kills ALOT sooner when you wind it 9 times instead of fully charged (10) look into it ;)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
ROB's recovery best in the game? Lol wtf?
And the fact Sonic's not even in the top 10 recoveries makes me completely discredit everything else in the post.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Squirtles throws KO pretty much as well as Charizard. Dthrow KOs a bit better than Charizard's from my experience. His Uthrow kills at similar percentages to Charizard (about 150). (Playing as PT is pretty fun on stages with small boundaries). Of course he doesn't have the grab range charizard does.

Kirby also has some notable throwing prowess. U and D throw do decent damage, Uthrow can KO, Dthrow can chain I believe, and Fthrow-uair chains.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I think the recovery list should be like this.

Metaknight
Jigglypuff
Pit
Rob
Kirby
Wario
Sonic
Game and Watch
Lucas
Pikachu

Cause theres a big thread on a recovery tier list and these are the top 10.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
The minute I saw 'd3s uptilt' listed in the top 10 most useful, I stopped reading.

Luigi's nair is more useful then that could ever dream of being.

TickleOlly

Smash Rookie
A few things, all of them ganondorf related... Firstly, Ganondorf's reverse aereal warlock punch has greater knockback than stage 8 eruption. It's just that it is horizontal knockback, and so k.o's less from the middle of a stage, though it can one shot bowser near the end of final destination. It's scaling is also much higher. Ganondorf's forward smash is also stronger than a reverse falcon punch.

Also, Ganon's side b should be just above D3's f tilt, as it is a quick long ranged grab that puts characters in the perfect position for combo attacks.

For awesomeness, Ganon's volcano kick is cooler than falcon kick. A lot cooler. An axe kick. That hits as hard as falcon punch. With an explosion.

Now, Though Ganon's grab range is short, his dash and pivot grabs are good, and his down and up throws can set up combos, his forward throw is the second most damaging throw in the game, and his back throw has some of the highest knockback scaling. He should take squirtle's place.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Title
RECOVERIES
9. Lucas
PROJECTILES
3. Zelda's Dins Fire
GRABS: USEFULNESS & KO POWER
10. squirtle (?)
Don't yell at me for this, but I think Lucas should be above GW for recovery, since he has a better horizontal recovery, a tether and he has a higher normal midair jump. Plus he can do the Reverse Hyrule Jump without Up-B, something GW would never be able to do.

Why is Din's Fire even near top 5? It clanks with random aerials.

Lucas has a more useful Dthrow than Squirtle and it has better kill power unless at the edge of a stage, in which case he can use Bthrow which KOs earlier than pretty much all of Squirtle's throws. Also, Lucas' throws overall all have better KO power, even though they're unviable because of Dthrow.

Edit: Also Kirby's Inhale does not deserve top 10. PK Fire is more useful. Ness' PKT2 should be in top 10 strongest. Lucas fully charged Up Smash KOs earlier than PK Flash even w/ the same trajectory and Ivysaur's Up Smash beats Lucas'.

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Don't yell at me for this, but I think Lucas should be above GW for recovery, since he has a better horizontal recovery, a tether and he has a higher normal midair jump. Plus he can do the Reverse Hyrule Jump without Up-B, something GW would never be able to do.

Why is Din's Fire even near top 5? It clanks with random aerials.

Lucas has a more useful Dthrow than Squirtle and it has better kill power unless at the edge of a stage, in which case he can use Bthrow which KOs earlier than pretty much all of Squirtle's throws. Also, Lucas' throws overall all have better KO power, even though they're unviable because of Dthrow.

Edit: Also Kirby's Inhale does not deserve top 10. PK Fire is more useful. Ness' PKT2 should be in top 10 strongest. Lucas fully charged Up Smash KOs earlier than PK Flash even w/ the same trajectory and Ivysaur's Up Smash beats Lucas'.
Lucas has trouble getting grabs though, which could have led to the (un)ranking of Lucas.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
It says Usefulness and KO Power, not lag time so I assumed it referred to throws (Yoshi also has a laggy grab too, but he's much higher) . Also remember anytime he can Fsmash he can grab, especially out of Dtilt lock.

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
When does Lucas's kill exactly? It might depend on stage, if it's FD, then Lucas would obviously be there.
Also, if it's usefulness, then Lucas' grab isn't really useful because it can't normally reach unless the opponent misses a tech. Squirtle on the other hand doesn't have a tether grab. While Lucas' grab can kill, Squirtle's grab does that and many more. Grab release to jab, f throw is easy to follow up.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
141% on FD, Lv 9 CPU Mario in Training mode, so even earlier on Halberd. If Mario gets grabbed around 130 he's screwed. Kills Oli late 140s with good DI.
Squirtle's is like... 150-something iirc?
Also Bthrow at the edge really hurts (120-130 something).

Yoshi's grabs also only come out a bit faster than Lucas' anyway and he's much higher.
Standing: Lucas 13/69 Yoshi 17/63 (+4 Lucas/ +6 Yoshi)
Dash: Lucas 16/79 Yoshi 12/63 (+4 Yoshi/ +16 Yoshi)
Pivot: Lucas 15/49 Yoshi 10/36 (+5 Yoshi/ +13 Yoshi) (In comparison Ness' dash grab ends 35)
(starts/ends)

Top Bottom