• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'm messing with that freewebs thing. I'm wondering if I should call it Show Me Your News or like Show Me Your News fansite or something. I doubt this will actually go anywhere. XD

Err... Wow. I REALLY have no idea what I'm doing. XD

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
KotR was more of a local thing...sorry...

And I'd suggest to not derail things too much, in the best interest of not spamming. If anyone wants to make a Show Me Your News site with downloads, forums, and whatever, feel free though. That'd be pretty cool!

Anyway, I just received the file for the episode. Granted, I have work tonight, but I'll do my best to get it up online the soonest I can.
I could do this.. I know invisionfree, been working with it for years.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm messing with that freewebs thing. I'm wondering if I should call it Show Me Your News or like Show Me Your News fansite or something. I doubt this will actually go anywhere. XD

Err... Wow. I REALLY have no idea what I'm doing. XD
I have some experience with Freewebs. I could make a temporary site until someone with money makes a better one.

EDIT: The site is far from finished, but I've opened what I have so far to show you all.
http://www.freewebs.com/showmeyournewsyouko/index.htm

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Looks pretty good so far. Additional content should include a list of guests and their appearances, the SMYN Dictionary, easter eggs, and perhaps a brief synopsis of each episode.

Also, I seem to recall that Freewebs runs out of bandwidth quickly, so don't even bother considering hosting files there...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Wow, nice job.

You should add a page for fan art, and maybe a link to a FileFront page where we can host all the episodes and easter eggs.
I plan on doing that, though I can't go through the whole thread to find the fanart, so I'll need people to send it in.

Also, I can't host the episodes myself, so someone else will need to help me with that. For the time being, I'm just going to use the links on the front page.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Okay, fair enough. I'll create a FileFront account for us that you can put them on, although I'll need an e-mail address to tie it to...
Ugh so I just put in the links to the first twelve episodes for nothing. Bloody brilliant.
Sorry, that took a while. I'm not really that upset. I'll make an e-mail account for the website.

Since you're helping big time in that area, perhaps you'd like administrative powers over the site (by which I mean I'll give you the password and we can work together on this)?

The e-mail account is showmeyournews@gmail.com
I'm going to use this e-mail as the official e-mail account for the Show Me Your News! website, just so you all know. Any questions/concerns/suggestions for the website can go here

EDIT: The episodes page is now available for your viewing pleasure.
http://www.freewebs.com/showmeyournewsyouko/episodes.htm
The links to the actual episodes stop midway through because of plans to host the podcast episodes elsewhere.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
That looks like Youko, not Wayko.
Haven't you heard the story? Wayko was created from the evilness and/or weirdness inside of Youko. The only differences are his pink nose, evil mustache, and upside down Falcon Logo. I couldn't do the helmet, I'm not THAT good.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
*clap clap* Well done sir, well done.
Thanks. They should be done in an hour or so, after which point I'll add 11-20.

Fortunately, FileFront has an upload limit of 1 gig-per-file, so there shouldn't be an issue, as the largest one is The PandaCast Numero Uno at around 170 megs. So unless there's some sort of a limit for how much we're allowed to have on our account at once, we should be A-OK.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Thanks. They should be done in an hour or so, after which point I'll add 11-20.

Fortunately, FileFront has an upload limit of 1 gig-per-file, so there shouldn't be an issue, as the largest one is The PandaCast Numero Uno at around 170 megs. So unless there's some sort of a limit for how much we're allowed to have on our account at once, we should be A-OK.
I have to go to bed in 15 minutes, so I won't be able to put it up tonight. So should I give you the password to the site?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Please do; I'll see what I can do update-wise.

Also, something messed up partway through, so only 1-4 are up at the moment. I'm working on getting the others up right now...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Fine by me. Aside from getting the new episode of Slayers, it's not like there was a whole lot I was planning to do at the moment...
It's been sent. The password for the g-mail account is the same as the freewebs, but the username is different obviously.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
And I just replied with the password for the FF account.

Also, if you want to set up boards, I strongly recommend InvisionFree...

Edit: AWESOME! 1-10 are now all on FileFront, plus I made a fair number of updates to all the pages, including the addition of the SMYN Dictionary and a Contact page.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
And I just replied with the password for the FF account.

Also, if you want to set up boards, I strongly recommend InvisionFree...

Edit: AWESOME! 1-10 are now all on FileFront, plus I made a fair number of updates to all the pages, including the addition of the SMYN Dictionary and a Contact page.
I can do InvisionFree, unless somebody here knows they can do it better.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
whoever made the SMYN website did you do the layout coding yourself or did you use a template. if you coded it yourself it's quite impressive.

it's simple and functional and the colors go well together.

Darkurai

Smash Master
whoever made the SMYN website did you do the layout coding yourself or did you use a template. if you coded it yourself it's quite impressive.

it's simple and functional and the colors go well together.
I'd like to take the credit and say that I did it myself, but I'm far from talented enough to do that. Freewebs has a template that I used.

Also, major thanks to Cyberlink420 for helping me out.

Top Bottom