• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Website's looking really nice, but I thought you guys also wanted a separate forum to post whatever in?

The episode is now in final mp3 format and I'm trying to establish contact to get it blogged. Hopefully it won't be too terribly long.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
We'll get there when we get there, Youko. One step at a time...

Also, 11-20 are up on FileFront. 21-25 will be next, plus all five parts of The PandaCast Part II, but it may be a while yet before they go up...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Website's looking really nice, but I thought you guys also wanted a separate forum to post whatever in?

The episode is now in final mp3 format and I'm trying to establish contact to get it blogged. Hopefully it won't be too terribly long.
The first decision to be made is whether to do that off of Freewebs' built in forum, or to use Proboards, which I know my way around and will offer a lot of customization. If we use Proboards though, it'll take a while to set everything up and have someone make the skins for the site. So if anyone knows their way around making pretty backgrounds and stuff like that, please let us know.

Part of me wants to ask sugarpoultry, but I'm the kind of person that is way to nervous to just go up and ask anyone to do something.

By the way everyone, the Links page is now up and running. Thanks to Cyberlink, we also have the dictionary on the site as well. And I'm about to do the Fanart and such page, but all of the fanart that I'm putting up will be taken from the Stickam account. If anyone else has any fanart (Spork-Ninja-Draken especially. Your Wayko picture isn't on Stickam yet and it's amazing), or for that matter any other kind of fan work such as the Top Ten videos, please send it to showmeyournews@gmail.com

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There are about seven pictures that I've loaded to Stickam but they for some reason haven't finished processing...go figure. I'll try sending the pictures I currently have to that email.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
The first decision to be made is whether to do that off of Freewebs' built in forum, or to use Proboards, which I know my way around and will offer a lot of customization. If we use Proboards though, it'll take a while to set everything up and have someone make the skins for the site. So if anyone knows their way around making pretty backgrounds and stuff like that, please let us know.

Part of me wants to ask sugarpoultry, but I'm the kind of person that is way to nervous to just go up and ask anyone to do something.
THEN I SHALL ASK!
Or I could do some amateur things in GIMP.

Darkurai

Smash Master
There are about seven pictures that I've loaded to Stickam but they for some reason haven't finished processing...go figure. I'll try sending the pictures I currently have to that email.
Alright. Thank you.

Also, I just managed to update the first page so that the Show Me Your News! theme plays in the background for the page. If anyone requests it, I'll put music on other pages, but as it stands, I don't plan to do that.

EDIT: Although now that I think of it, having the music play when the Stickam channel is there would be a bad idea...perhaps I could move the Stickam channel to a different page...
EDIT 2: Oh there's a pause button for the music down in the corner. That's good.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Haven't you heard the story? Wayko was created from the evilness and/or weirdness inside of Youko. The only differences are his pink nose, evil mustache, and upside down Falcon Logo. I couldn't do the helmet, I'm not THAT good.
I thought the upsidedown Falcon logo was an upsidedown Y...?

Darkurai

Smash Master
I officially hate the home page of the site, btw. This is the second time it's deleted itself.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Really? Because it says that the page can't be deleted...
By deleted itself, I mean that it's blanked itself in the draft. You can't see on the site that it's gone since it's just a draft, but since I can't find a way to delete drafts, I've had to remake it. The same thing happened to the Fan Works page.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Ah, so I saw. I'm working on restoring the latter as we speak...
Personally, I think the Fan Works page blanked because we were both trying to edit it at the same time.

The Home Page just hates me. :(

EDIT: I was wondering why the name "showmeyournews" was taken for freewebs. someone seems to have already made a SMYN website. However, it's very barren, implying that they quit while making it.

EDIT 2: OH FOR ****'S SAKE IT DELETED ITSELF AGAIN

Though I know how to fix it! You click "Restore". I'd never seen that since the error message always came up while I was typing!
I'm pretty sure this is because we're both editing at the same time. I'll be working on the Fanart part now then.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
The mysteries of the universe, the nature of existence, and pondering the imponderabilities of life. Also, fart jokes.

Thanks for the restore, Darkurai. I'll let you finish updating the fanart section before I mess with that page.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The mysteries of the universe, the nature of existence, and pondering the imponderabilities of life. Also, fart jokes.

Thanks for the restore, Darkurai. I'll let you finish updating the fanart section before I mess with that page.
I finished my edits, as well as fixing one briliant typo I made on the What is SMYN? page.

If we can do such a thing, I'd like to maybe expand the website's features to maybe have some more things like some interviews with Youko or Panda. Though even if we can do that, I can't think of many questions that haven't already been asked on the show.

Since I should probably let Fangz on now, I'll get off and go play Mario Kart or something.

Darkurai

Smash Master
That's true, although at some point, I wanted to create a "Profiles" page for listing and profiling everyone who's ever been a guest on SMYN...
That's a good idea. Since I'm on the Wii browser now, I can't do much, but feel free to get started on that whenever you like.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Don't worry about it, seriously.

I've added most of the names and appearances, but no biographies or images as of yet. The only person I know I can write an adequate bio for is myself, and even for that, I just BARELY qualify...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Don't worry about it, seriously.

I've added most of the names and appearances, but no biographies or images as of yet. The only person I know I can write an adequate bio for is myself, and even for that, I just BARELY qualify...
Perhaps we could talk to all the guests about themselves? The biggest names such as Gimpy, Mic and KiKi only need a visit to the SmashWiki, but for everyone else we could be at a loss so far. I don't know if Buzz has a SmashWiki page.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I know for a fact that Buzz has one too, so that shouldn't be an issue.
That's good.
For a picture of Buzz, Sugarpoultry's deviantART has a picture of Buzz cosplaying as Link. We could use that in a joking sort of way.
Also, I'm pretty sure Swordy was in an Easter Egg once, so he wasn't just in Episode 35

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
That's good.
For a picture of Buzz, Sugarpoultry's deviantART has a picture of Buzz cosplaying as Link. We could use that in a joking sort of way.
Also, I'm pretty sure Swordy was in an Easter Egg once, so he wasn't just in Episode 35
He was in episode 16's easter egg. Another point for me.
EDIT: They were impersonating the girls at E for All with "PRESS 1 PRESS 1!" I guess I should say what he did since you're working on profiles. BTW this is all from memory. Nothing is from listening from my iPod.

Darkurai

Smash Master
He was in episode 16's easter egg. Another point for me.
EDIT: They were impersonating the girls at E for All with "PRESS 1 PRESS 1!" I guess I should say what he did since you're working on profiles. BTW this is all from memory. Nothing is from listening from my iPod.
....perhaps you should help us with the profiles.

Top Bottom