• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
very nice episode. mic_128 was great. very funny. beastiality wasn't needed, but it was hillarious anyway

the brawl viewpoint i didn't listen to because i really didn't want to hear it, so i won't comment on it.

but yeah, very nice. good easter egg. SP, nice, i'm a huge fan of the Warcraft series and i know what you were talking about. "The Panderan Brewmaster" was what it was called

but i'm gonna listen to the trials

also, funny new sig/dance VVVVV

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
All the trials (eSnips links) are down. Are they working for anyone else? :(

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Below the episodes on the first post are instructions how to rip the mp3 file from a stream.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
alright, heard them both.

go with Buzz. he was more enjoyable to listen to and he fit in really well. i'm sorry bli33ard, but i couldn't get through the whole thing. it just wasn't as lively as Buzz was

RDK

Smash Hero
Where at? Show me with mine and Bli33ard's. :(
Go to the esnips media player, right click on it, and go to "properties". Then highlight the URL where it says "location", copy the URL, and paste it into your browser. The download should start.

1337H@X

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Go to the esnips media player, right click on it, and go to "properties". Then highlight the URL where it says "location", copy the URL, and paste it into your browser. The download should start.

1337H@X
No, I'm saying that the site won't come up AT ALL for me. I listened to part of the trials earlier, but now the site won't come up.

Don't worry, I'm getting them a different way. Thanx, tho.

RDK

Smash Hero
No, I'm saying that the site won't come up AT ALL for me. I listened to part of the trials earlier, but now the site won't come up.

Don't worry, I'm getting them a different way. Thanx, tho.
You mean esnips.com won't come up? That's weird.

How are you getting them now?

@Youko:

Generally when do you guys schedule the Roundtable Trials--given that someone was chosen for one?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The trials are generally scheduled for either Friday or Saturday evenings, EST, depending on everyone's availability.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
nice podcast again
tomorrows update is totally being a live stream of sakurai playing brawl full retail and the caption saying "**** STRAIGHT I GOT BRAWL AND YOU DONT" but of course in sakurai fasion the screen (which will be a 60 incher plated in gold)will be blured all we can see is sakurais face laughing his *** off...

and to the easter egg smaurai you played wc3, that game was so awsome did you ever play dota? first screen name was Shroomz_N_Fumez :) i kinda screwed up my smash boards name but ohwell

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
My vote goes to the Kokiri Buzz Saw. It is not because I know him in real life or anything......honest.... ;) But aside from that, Buzz gives the competitive player's viewpoint (while Bli33ard gives the casual player's viewpoint), and since I'm a competitive player, myself, I would like more competitive viewpoints.

And about the podcast episode: once again, the special guest of Mic_128 was a surprise. Not the best episode, but decent.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Just for the record, not that it matters, but the program that was used to remix the Donkey Kong song was definitely Garage Band. In the remixed song, he uses some premade sound clips that are free for anyone to use and I happened to recognize them because I've used those clips before in making my own songs. Just an interesting note for all the would-be VGMusicians out there that the "pros" apparently will use Garage Band.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Finally listened to today's episode, good as always. Lots of good laughs.

I figured SamuraiPanda's name had something to do with WarCraft ;)

I still don't think Kingdom Hearts has any place in Brawl. If any Square-owned characters get in, it will either be Geno from Super Mario RPG or a Final Fantasy character (that appeared on a Nintendo console, so no Cloud). A Black Mage, maybe?

Man, I just might have to stay up another half-hour now just because thats when the site updates :laugh:

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I'd definitely be suited for the SMYN Round Table. I write for the blog, covering the updates on the DOJO while providing a little insight myself on the each update. I'm a veteran on these boards and have been around since the N64 days so I've been around for when Melee made this site spike in growth. I probably spend more time here than I should be sometimes, but I'm always wanting to keep on the up-and-up about Brawl.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'd definitely be suited for the SMYN Round Table. I write for the blog, covering the updates on the DOJO while providing a little insight myself on the each update. I'm a veteran on these boards and have been around since the N64 days so I've been around for when Melee made this site spike in growth. I probably spend more time here than I should be sometimes, but I'm always wanting to keep on the up-and-up about Brawl.
For what it's worth, I second this. Misto would be an excellent addition to SMYN.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well I lost a bet on the update. But yeah, Youko...

Real Men Use Items.

We need SamuraiPanda back here... "Real men use items, how badass is that!?"

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Yay for the early podcast! I don't know if it was because it was 1am when I was listening to this or what because I didn't hear any awkward silences. Hmm...

Man, almost everyone used Jigglypuff for Event 51! No love for Kirby? *raises hand*

A Mario Galaxy stage would be amazing! Maybe that's why they haven't revealed Mario Circuit yet - they're replacing it? Then again, we still have to see a Sonic and F-Zero stage first...

Mailtime was hilarious. Nuff said.

I liked the viewpoint. The sound was good quality and so was the viewpoint.

The easter egg was decent as well, nice bit of background info on SP and Youko.

Poor people who were expecting something good today...when I saw the update I burst out laughing because I'd expected too much from someone who mindgames us ALL THE TIME.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I expect next week's episode to be named "Nice try, ROFL!" I'm pretty sure it's Sakurai saying "You predicted something amazing today? NICE TRY, ROFL!" :ohwell:

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
It's funny to hear that your name came from YuYu Hakusho, Youko, because that's the first thing that came to mind when I heard your name (I'm a big fan of YuYu too), but I figured that the name came from something else. Huh, you never know.

10 weeks to go Youko and SamuraiPanda, I really hope you two will continue to the end (with the exception of that week or two you already said you wouldn't be doing the podcast), and maybe even keep it going after brawl releases in order to keep up with the latest news in the Brawl scene (things like new tournaments, or spotlighting players and the characters they use, etc).

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
From The ~December 3rd Update~ thread:
Pyroloserkid said:
Ok. I don't know if this has been brought up within tha past 14 pages, so I'll say it myself:

December 3rd was NORTH AMERICA's release date.
Not Japan's.
Not UK or Ireland's.
Not Germany's.
Not France's.
Not Spain's.
Not Italy's.

It WAS the release date of Canada, and the US.

As we all know, every single language or country gets the same update that we do, with a little tweaks here and there.

Why would December 3rd be a special update because it WAS OUR release date? It wasn't the realease date for the other SIX languages, so why would they get a special update directed at Canada and the US?

Monday's update won't be anything extraordinary, so don't get your hopes up.
Now for some funny:

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!1

Anywas, today is a snow day for me, so I'll stop spamming and listen to the cast sometime today.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
From The ~December 3rd Update~ thread:

Now for some funny:

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!1

Anywas, today is a snow day for me, so I'll stop spamming and listen to the cast sometime today.

I think that is the official Proof of Sakurai spying on us and trying to make Brawl appeal to casuals more.

EDIT: Pyro, I just went into another subsribed thread and saw that same post, and refreshed like 5x, wondering why my post wasn't showing up after yours before I realized it was in a different thread :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, not Sakurai personally because of the English factor, but it'd be pretty cool if some at Nintendo of America was keeping tabs on SMYN.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Nice podcast this week, guys. I like the all mods episodes because you guys seem to connect more. :)

Also, go with Buzz for the next RT. Sounded more natural.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I think that is the official Proof of Sakurai spying on us and trying to make Brawl appeal to casuals more.

EDIT: Pyro, I just went into another subsribed thread and saw that same post, and refreshed like 5x, wondering why my post wasn't showing up after yours before I realized it was in a different thread :)
Lmao yeh, I'm posting that in all of my subscriptions.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
In a thread I post in with all the smashers in my local area, there's a guy named Nate and coincidentally I posted that under an angry post of his. =P

Anyways, I'm out of here. Sorry for the spamming/trolling Youko.
It shant happen again.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
all i'm gonna say about today's update is we pretty much know the title of this week's episode. unless we get a better caption, it's gonna be this, so i'll be the first to submit it...

"Real Men Use Items!"

WiiLittleMan

Smash Cadet
all i'm gonna say about today's update is we pretty much know the title of this week's episode. unless we get a better caption, it's gonna be this, so i'll be the first to submit it...

"Real Men Use Items!"
Seriously, it can't be anything else. This is just way too good.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Listened to the whole thing all the way through. Great show as usual, Youko and Panda, and many kudos to Mic_128 for his PALerization of this week's show.

I'd better finish up the Capcom viewpoint I'm writing. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish in time for the show...

Top Bottom