• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Heh I'm visiting U of M for a campus tour over Christmas break. I'm tired of campus visits, I've checked out syracuse, osu, ou, and miami of ohio in the past month.
*cough-applytoBrowninsteadcuzIneedmeleeopponents-cough*
Samus can run and shoot in every Metroid game, just like Megaman.
I assumed so. I just didn't say anything about that because Metroid Prime 1 is the only Metroid game I've ever played...(I have a feeling sometime is going to say something about this...lol)
Yeah, that's how I feel. I myself am anti-item, but I won't throw a fit when someone has items on, and noone else really should.
Same here. I dislike the use of items in matches, but I won't wizz my pants over it. People who whine about how real matches should never be played with items are just as bad as the people they shun for using items that complain if items aren't used. I would make viewpoint about that, but my schedule is (hella) tight.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
People who whine about how real matches should never be played with items are just as bad as the people they shun for using items that complain if items aren't used.
I don't think anyone's ignoring anyone...

But anyway, I love to play with items, but I often use them to my advantage and my friends like them turned off. So I turn them off and still win because they realize, they use the items to partially win, too.

My basic point: I could go either way with items, but they really should be on for the full Brawl gameplay experience. Tourneys without items is understandable because of explosions; but playing casually, items should really be on.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
*cough-applytoBrowninsteadcuzIneedmeleeopponents-cough*
I assumed so. I just didn't say anything about that because Metroid Prime 1 is the only Metroid game I've ever played...(I have a feeling sometime is going to say something about this...lol)
Same here. I dislike the use of items in matches, but I won't wizz my pants over it. People who whine about how real matches should never be played with items are just as bad as the people they shun for using items that complain if items aren't used. I would make viewpoint about that, but my schedule is (hella) tight.
First off, I agree with your stance on items. I prefer like legit matches to be non item, but in a casual scenario I could really care less.

Secondly, while academics come first, most places I've visited have near idential setups for my major, so it's not so much the avaliability of the courses i need, but rather tuition, location, and call me crazy, also whether or not there are smashers there. Call me whatever you want but i think its just as important as if you were a huge ohio state football fan and went to the school to be a part of the experience. When I was speaking with the dean of admissions for the l.c. smith engineering building at syracuse, she couldn't emphasize enough that college is going to drive me nuts if i don't have an outlet. all i need is a decent gym and some people nearby that i can smash with, and thats about my two biggest not academic requirements.

Thirdly,( not at you del money, i really only asked everyone to kind of throw a beehive in an elevator. I personally think it's coincidental i suppose. at least its not enough to stir up the mass hysteria i've seen with the "FIRST HE TAKES THE WAVEDASH, NOW HE SAYS WE AREN'T MEN FOR PLAYING WITHOUT ITEMS! SAKURAI HATES AMERICAN SMASHERS!!" comments here and there.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
But anyway, I love to play with items, but I often use them to my advantage and my friends like them turned off.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I found funny how you said: "I often use them to my advantage"... XD. What, do you sometimes throw a mine and go over it yourself?

JK, No offense meant, I just found it funny :p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
No... I use the star rod to throw and stuff. I don't quite understand what's so funny.
Really its not that important. The fact you said: I often use it for my benefit...

I mean, when do you NOT use the items in your benefit :p, but its nothing really, it was just a momentary laugh.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
How was Syracuse's tour? I'm throwing my app over there, but haven't had a chance to visit due to football...i'm gonna go if/when I get accepted

btw to compare with my other high school seniors on the board, i'm also applying to Notre Dame, Villanova, UConn, St. Joe's, Trinity College, and Ithaca...

back on topic, good episode, I noticed the slight awkwardness but Mic was still very good, and I'm sure he'd fit in seamlessly with the cast on another go around.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ok so...I got to listen to half and then my internet broke...or something.

I'm at the Event Discussion part.
Review-ish on Thursday or Friday then I HOPE.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ok so...I got to listen to half and then my internet broke...or something.

I'm at the Event Discussion part.
Review-ish on Thursday or Friday then I HOPE.
You haven't listened to all of episode 22 yet?

And what's with everyone streaming the files? Real men download.

Del Money

Smash Champion
What kind of nincompoop streams that shiznit? With all the hard drive space we have today, download should not be an issue.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Lately I've been downloading everything I used to stream or download/erase after watching. I've occupied about 30 gigs in the last 2 weeks at this rate my 100 gigs (50 left now I believe) will run out in about a month or 2

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just finished listening to episode 22.

And lol at the ******* that think that Mega man would in anyway be a Samus clone XD talk about ignorance.
qft. Just like Captain Falcon is a Mario clone, and Luigi is a Ganondorf clone. O, and don't forget that Yoshi is a Kirby clone. Because they both TOTALLY STEAL POWERS! :laugh:

Anyways, I vote for the Buzz Saw. Both entries were GREAT, but I slightly prefer Buzz. You did a great job as well Bli33ard, and I still love the accent. Review coming soo. ;)

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I do take my hat off to Buzz, as not only was his trial great to listen to, he's also a legend on the forums.

But maybe... an epic re-battle between Johnknight1 and Bli33ard for the ultimate prize... another chance to be on the roundtable...

Heh, maybe not.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I just heard Episode 21, I've never laughed so hard at an audio file in my life. SamuraiPanda is pure gold on the mic. Oh and I listened to one of the episodes earlier, the one where Youko states that Peyton Manning is his idol. I really hate Manning. His commercials are almost as lame as he is and I really hope Brady shatters every one of his QB records this season. It's not that Peyton is a bad guy in person...it's just that I'm all about The Patriots...*expects to get shot*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm all about the Patriots going undefeated since I have Brady and Pats D on my fantasy football team.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm all about the Patriots going undefeated since I have Brady and Pats D on my fantasy football team.
My dad's is almost completely built on Brady and the Pats. Except he doesn't have Moss.

I'm sick if Manning because he does way too many commercials.

I always thought Mic_128 was like MIKE, not MICK. I also didn't know he was Australian, even though he sounded British.

No, real men use items. Didn't Nate tell you?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
How was Syracuse's tour? I'm throwing my app over there, but haven't had a chance to visit due to football...i'm gonna go if/when I get accepted

btw to compare with my other high school seniors on the board, i'm also applying to Notre Dame, Villanova, UConn, St. Joe's, Trinity College, and Ithaca...

back on topic, good episode, I noticed the slight awkwardness but Mic was still very good, and I'm sure he'd fit in seamlessly with the cast on another go around.

Aw man. Syracuse is awesome. Campus is mid sized, its a walking campus, its pretty well equipped food wise, and theres a gigantic mall relatively close, so its hooked up well in that aspect. I don't know what your interested in, but the engineering building is very well equipped. The dean of the engineering school is a really close family friend so we got to check out the computer sciences room and it's beautiful. About 40 iMacs all running on leopard, it was beautiful. The football stadium is in a dome, the loud house.

You still playing football, must be playoffs right? Good luck if thats the case. States have come and gone here.

Final word, i'd love to go there, but without the tuition gods on your side, it's a bit pricey for out of state students. *crossing my fingers on playing football for them since they are TERRIBLE and a scholarship or something*

RDK

Smash Hero
I always thought Mic_128 was like MIKE, not MICK. I also didn't know he was Australian, even though he sounded British.
That's weird, because that's how I always pronounced Mic's name too.

However, pronunciation is the last thing you're thinking of when one of your threads gets shut down by the man.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I do take my hat off to Buzz, as not only was his trial great to listen to, he's also a legend on the forums.

But maybe... an epic re-battle between Johnknight1 and Bli33ard for the ultimate prize... another chance to be on the roundtable...

Heh, maybe not.
That's what made me vs. Coldbusman so great...well...except he was a legend of the boards, too. XD

And to be honest...

I was suprised I got picked for the trial, because I was 100% positive Coldbusman got in, and I was pretty sure Sariku, Wiseguy, and Blackadder (maybe one more person) left me with little chance IMO. Then I got the message, and I was surprised. I was like "O RL?" "YA RLY" to myself! XD

As for that showdown...I'd be for it. (and I'd win. :p) XD

SMYN > life
QFT. Just QFT.

Youko, you should make some notice or something of that HILAROUS NEW flash Brawl thing.

lol at the letters of your name, Youko...I bet I know the joke! :chuckle: *looks it up and laughs*

To be honest, I went by me initials (guess the first initial! :grin:), and added like a A for Awsome in front of it! XD Then I beat my friend at Melee in a Link duo, and he "Knighted me". So I thought that was funny, and when I played Runescape when I was younger (12 and 13), I first used it there, and it stuck with me. Plus, c'mon...~His Knightlyness Himself~ is the most awsome saying ever as a reference to yourself (thank you, Wiseguy!). Ya, and I used faceurhell as my youtube, since someone had taken Johnknight1 (I think), and Johnknight2 sounds lame! XD O, and I added the 1 to Johnknight because...well...I'm NUMERO UNO! :grin:

Ya, my youtube username faceurhell is too long to explain! XD

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Aw man. Syracuse is awesome. Campus is mid sized, its a walking campus, its pretty well equipped food wise, and theres a gigantic mall relatively close, so its hooked up well in that aspect. I don't know what your interested in, but the engineering building is very well equipped. The dean of the engineering school is a really close family friend so we got to check out the computer sciences room and it's beautiful. About 40 iMacs all running on leopard, it was beautiful. The football stadium is in a dome, the loud house.

You still playing football, must be playoffs right? Good luck if thats the case. States have come and gone here.

Final word, i'd love to go there, but without the tuition gods on your side, it's a bit pricey for out of state students. *crossing my fingers on playing football for them since they are TERRIBLE and a scholarship or something*
Unfortunately our team was not very good this season, so no states for us...

I'm a writer so engineering doesn't really effect me.

Good luck with the football aspirations...D1 in any for (even for Syracuse) ain't easy to get in to.

(insert something on-topic here)

oh yeah, both trails were good, i'd give it to buzz by a hair...but both deserve a shot eventually

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh basically. If you hadn't of posted that Buzz, I would've tried to start a "lol.....no" streak.

Edit:

I was about to do my review, but I think I need to listen to the podcast again...

Also, how do you spell PALets or PALits?

RDK

Smash Hero
Chuck Norris > Sakurai > Buzz > Chill > Captain Falcon > SMYN > Life
Reggie Fils Aime < RDK > Sakurai > Buzz > Chill > CF > SMYN > Life > Waluigi

Oooh, whatcha gonna do now, Buzz? Can't touch this.

Edit: Sorry, Youko.

I've been lurking and listening to this for a week or so now, and I've got to say, I'm impressed.
It's a really informative podcast, and fun to listen to too boot.

"And yes, if you are still wondering, I would love a cape"

Best quote ever. xD

Top Bottom