• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting owned on the votes!
I know it's not an excuse, but I really wasn't feeling well at all, that day, and I think the producers forgot to give me a shoutout for that.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
No johns. I have yet to listen to the trials.

"Real Men Use Items" is definitely the title.
Also, I'm kind of getting sick of the Brawl Viewpoints surrounded 3rd Parties.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
sora would be cool i have to say, but i dont feel like sora will get in over some others(*cough* megaman)
good episode. falcon beastiality...lol...

WHY HAS FACON NOT BEEN UPDATED!!! (quick question, was falcon unlockable in 64?)

well, what a great update on the ex release date...and my dads birthday. o well...

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
sora would be cool i have to say, but i dont feel like sora will get in over some others(*cough* megaman)
good episode. falcon beastiality...lol...

WHY HAS FACON NOT BEEN UPDATED!!! (quick question, was falcon unlockable in 64?)

well, what a great update on the ex release date...and my dads birthday. o well...
Lol, it's my mom's birthday today. =P

Megaman is a Samus clone.
Samus > Megaman.

And Captain Falcon WAS an unlockable in SSB, but not in Melee.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Lol, it's my mom's birthday today. =P

Megaman is a Samus clone.
Samus > Megaman.

And Captain Falcon WAS an unlockable in SSB, but not in Melee.
megaman a clone? in some ways. i think hed be more a mix of samus and zamus. big energy ball(but he couldnt store it) and have a plasma sword thing(like zamus)

after al mewtwo has a charged ball, does that make him a clone of samus. people may share moves,but that doesnt make them clones...

yea. I thought falcon was. perhaps the reason he has yet to be announced...

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
SMYN is truly amazing and funny it really brought my mood up and cmon guys do u actualy believe that captain falcon will not return?? and whos gonna replace him his at?lol Falcon kiss!(up b)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I've been listening to SMYN since the Gimpy episode (hadn't ehard it before because I haden't seen this thread at all). But since then I've heard to 14-16/22 plus the trials. I have a real good time listening, and you guys make me laugh. I want to apply to the roundtable, although I know I am random, but well, you never get anywhere without trying, so here is my tryout.

Hey, I am Raykz, I am kind of a nobody in terms of the Smash world. I've been playing Melee competitively for about a year now, not as long as most of the others in the boards have. However I have been playing smash since its release and even though I did not know most of the Adv Techs or play the game in the level I do today I still enjoyed the game and played it a lot. I believe I do have some good points of views I could bring to SMYN about Smash and some different point of views derived from the difference of geographical locations (I don't live in US, or *** or Europe/UK/Aus, I live in the Caribbean) and the language differences (My countries first language is Spanish). I have have been reading up on the boards in almost everything Smash related for about 6 months (although I joined in October) and I think that when you run out of famous, experienced players to insert into SMYN, I could be a good choice for when you have to choose between people who are not that well known.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I have a newfound love for Australians.

I only knew Mic as the guy with the Godot avatar for a while, but this really sold me...

"This is Home Button! This is where I live." - Mic_128

Mic_128 is the most amazing moderator ever.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm pretty sure I have a newfound love for Australians.

I only knew Mic as the guy with the Godot avatar for a while, but this really sold me...

"This is Home Button! This is where I live." - Mic_128

Mic_128 is the most amazing moderator ever.
"Press this button to ALMOST play Brawl" - Samurai Panda

"Want to move on, press A, want to go back, press B. Isn't that easy, I am so glad I thought about it" - Youko

I laughed so hard at that.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
SMYN Dictionary Update!
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/SMYN_Dictionary

What do you think of the new layout-ish?

I find it's easier to read alphabetically. Also, I have no idea wtf Tizzy is.

Main Entry:
tiz·zy Listen to the pronunciation of tizzy
Pronunciation:
\ˈti-zē\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural tizzies
Etymology:
origin unknown
Date:

: a highly excited and distracted state of mind
Hooray for online dictionaries!

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
awesome pyro. you might want to fix between alll clocks and armypeople centre. they're all on one line(definition and then next phrase...)
but its really cool.

Cless

Smash Champion
megaman a clone? in some ways. i think hed be more a mix of samus and zamus. big energy ball(but he couldnt store it) and have a plasma sword thing(like zamus)

after al mewtwo has a charged ball, does that make him a clone of samus. people may share moves,but that doesnt make them clones...

yea. I thought falcon was. perhaps the reason he has yet to be announced...
Why wouldn't Megaman be able to hold his charge shot? Can he not walk around with a charged shot in his games, or am I missing something?

RDK

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't Megaman be able to hold his charge shot? Can he not walk around with a charged shot in his games, or am I missing something?
Basically, since his Buster will most likely be his neutral B move, people say he won't be able to shoot and run at the same time.

That, or his Buster will be his B >, which means he won't be able to shoot while standing.

Cless

Smash Champion
Basically, since his Buster will most likely be his neutral B move, people say he won't be able to shoot and run at the same time.

That, or his Buster will be his B >, which means he won't be able to shoot while standing.
He doesn't need to shoot and run. This isn't a platformer. Did he shoot and run in MvC2? No, he stopped moving when he shot.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
first off, samuraipanda, you did not imagine them saying you could record names, because i thought the same thing, but then realized i got it from here.

see the pink button that says "names"? that plus this sentence "High scores are recorded for each challenge at each difficulty level. You don’t just clear these challenges—competing for time will magnify the fun." implies recording names.

and pichu was unlockable through event matches.
awesome podcast, as for most wanted boss, i'd choose...... well would've chosen andross, how cool would it have been to fight something similar to the assist trophy? maybe some giant pokemon... which brings me to my next point,

another update we have seen but not heard, so to speak, is rayoquaza. i'm kinda hoping for PC, although its extremely unlikely. i feel at a bit of a loss since i have no extravagant character to hope for, as mine was confirmed. (CHARIZARD BABY) bomberman? i dunno...

overall, i probably would've given the week a six, because i think temple is great for 4 players, but it is not a dueling level. i would've rather the update been smash 64 stages with old hyrule, saffron city, and old mario world. i wouldn't doubt most of the stages returning, of course with some exceptions, but i hope that they bring back much more, and it looks like you start with a few(temple, and the update name was plural)

overall, great job.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'd like to try out for the roundtable too, since I've done some podcasting in the past myself, but I don't want to get my hopes up. First I'll judge how well my Brawl viewpoint is accepted, and if it turns out people don't hate the sound of my voice, then I'll officially audition.

On the upside, if I DO make it, I'm a U of M student like Youko and Panda so it should be easy to coordinate.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Also, I have no idea wtf Tizzy is.
fo rizzy?
And lol at the ******* that think that Mega man would in anyway be a Samus clone XD talk about ignorance.
Leg--er I mean Mega-Ridley-Knight-Man, it's a fight we'll never win. There no use trying to educated people that won't be educated.

Well Samus can run and shoot in Metroid Prime but she can't in Melee so I'm not sure that movement while shooting will be implemented in Brawl. I know how key it was to move while shooting in the MM games but it was also just as crucial in the MP games.
On the upside, if I DO make it, I'm a U of M student like Youko and Panda so it should be easy to coordinate.
What's with all you U of M students? RDK, Youko, SamuraiPanda, and now you? Someone needs to go to school in Rhode Island, dammit...lol

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
RDK goes to U-M? Whaaaa?

You U-M people need to come to U-M Biweeklies at Bursley Hall. There's a link to the support thread on the first post.

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK goes to U-M? Whaaaa?

You U-M people need to come to U-M Biweeklies at Bursley Hall. There's a link to the support thread on the first post.
Most definetely. Going to the thread now.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Heh I'm visiting U of M for a campus tour over Christmas break. I'm tired of campus visits, I've checked out syracuse, osu, ou, and miami of ohio in the past month.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ha the dictionary is priceless. Someone needs to get on tizzy.
I'll admit I've adopted badassadry into my everyday vocabulary.
Used it in my last informal write in ap english and my teacher loved the word.

RDK

Smash Hero
Technically, isn't it supposed to be "bad-assery"? And I don't even think that's a word.

I'm surprised your English teacher didn't know that.

But yeah, great work on the dictionary page. "ALL CLOCKS", lol.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
I might come to a U-M biweekly eventually - I've visited Bursley Hall on off-weeks, but I don't attend U-M :( . I go to Oakland University, so it's not too bad of a drive.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
He's kind of eccentric, so he loves inventive language.
Any oppinions on U of M?
I'm planning on majoring in engineering-computer sciences or the equivalent at other places.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If engineering's your thing, U-M is the place to be for the midwest. Top ten school at least in every category of engineering.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Thank's. How's tuition?
I checked out syracuse, and while their engineering branch is amazing, and the campus is awesome, the in state tuition for 1 year is the same as about 4 years at ohio stae >_<

Cless

Smash Champion
Well Samus can run and shoot in Metroid Prime but she can't in Melee so I'm not sure that movement while shooting will be implemented in Brawl. I know how key it was to move while shooting in the MM games but it was also just as crucial in the MP games.
Samus can run and shoot in every Metroid game, just like Megaman.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...Yeah, tuition for out of state is just under $40,000. Hope you get a scholarship.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
RDK goes to U-M? Whaaaa?

A little off-topic Youku, but I'm applying there this winter, and don't really know anyone who goes there, so I was wondering if you can tell me your thoughts about the school, campus, what convinced you to go, etc. You can reply in a PM if you'd prefer. By the way, what year are you in? If I go next year, maybe I'll see you there.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I would like it if each word were marked with what episode it came from. :(
I still have all the words saved with the episode on my computer. Don't worry. At the bottom I'll add something like "If you want to know which episodes to find these words, contact ________".

Technically, isn't it supposed to be "bad-assery"? And I don't even think that's a word.

I'm surprised your English teacher didn't know that.

But yeah, great work on the dictionary page. "ALL CLOCKS", lol.
Thanks for the appreciation.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
thanks for the input youko. i'll keep that in mind.

on a more brawl related note, what's the general concensus on the real men use items thing?
jab at the american competitive scene(different message in the japanese translation) or harmless comment?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Yeah I think they're probably just poking fun at how serious some people are about their no items policies.

Top Bottom