• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Youko, how long did it take you to calculate that EXACT number?

Or did you cheat and ROUND UP?!

It was an extremely precise measurement that involved something to do with counting the amount of non-white pixels used in this week's updates.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It was an extremely precise measurement that involved something to do with counting the amount of non-white pixels used in this week's updates.
Your result is off by 0.002.

Quintsy

Smash Cadet
Youko that was an amazing podcast as usual, SamuraiPanda its always funny to hear you laugh at everything that happens and Gimpyfish it was great to listen to you on the podcast.

P.S. That Easter Egg was so funny....so so so funny

Snakz

Smash Ace
ho...ly...CRAP, that was awesome :D

I laughed my *** off several times, Gimpy should deffinetly make another appearance soon.

Hey Youko, you got mailtime question, right?

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Might be the best episode yet. Great stuff, yes I need more Gimpyfish baby, gotta have more Gimpyfish.

When you leave here today you're all gonna be wearing gold plated diapers...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Oh man, you gave me the shout-out? I feel... honored!

However I feel troubled at the moment. Youko please look for a PM from me in a bit.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Might be the best episode yet. Great stuff, yes I need more Gimpyfish baby, gotta have more Gimpyfish.

When you leave here today you're all gonna be wearing gold plated diapers...
I've got a fever...

And the only prescription is more Gimpyfish.

BlackKnight76 you're from Stamford? No wai! I'm from Waterbury. <Insert random Connecticut-referencing joke here.>

Awesome podcast, guys, as always. I loved every second of it.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Awesome podcast!
Loved the humor, loved to hear the many many opinions of you three, loved to hear your take on this past week.
And I laughed so hard with the Falcon Punch song XD
Keep it up! You guys are doing an awesome job!

PS: Nah, I don't think you guys are angry mods :p You haven't closed any of my threads yet! XD

Masterem243

Smash Lord
The sarcasm bit was overdone. Don't do that for like 20 minutes straight! It gets very old very quick.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Time for my review-ish thing.

The intro was hilarious. And I loved how Youko continued to slip in little gangsta meme's every now and then. Gimpyfish was a great surprise and he did well with the round table.

The roundtable was just hilarious, and considering you two click with Gimpy so well, the whole thing felt alot more fluid. The sarcasm was hilarious in small doses. You guys kind of over did it at one point, but then it got better as you started using it less. The item discussion was great, and I'm so happy that exploding crates and barrels are gone. This gives items a better chance, not to mention you can dodge them AND then jump. And on top of that, they're so easy to catch! Things are looking good for items, but really all I care about is Final Smashes being tourny legal.

The Brawl Viewpoint was pretty good I guess. I say "I guess" because you didn't really give us anything new to think about Colbusman. Also, you seemed a bit too excited and it got annoying quickly, but it was still a good BV nonetheless.

The easter egg: Amazing.
The only thing I would change is when you sang "He'll knee you too". If you switch "too" with "dude", it would've been hilarious.

Now for my YoukoPanda dictionary. I got some good words this episode, but I'm wondering if I should include some.
The ones that I'm iffy about including are Psychadelic and By gum/By Golly. Should I?
I'll listen to Ep 19 and 18 soon and get those words down too, but right now I got all of Ep 19's words.
Thanks to Panda for hinting at the YoukoPanda dictionary I'm making.

Good episode guys.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Clearly eh?

Also, Gimpy is a great addition and I'd like to hear more from him SMYN-wise.

Unrelated: Rock Band isn't coming out for Wii is it? =[

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Yeah, instead of just ripping the podcast mindlessly...
No, I'm using my mind to critque the show. And I realized the reason it sounds so bad, was because I was listening to Opie and Anthony on XM Satellite Radio. That's like an up-and-coming comedian following George Carlin or Lewis Black. It's a good podcast for someone who has no previous radio experience, and obviously it's gonna suck when you compare it to the #1 talk radio show of all time.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
No, I'm using my mind to critque the show. And I realized the reason it sounds so bad, was because I was listening to Opie and Anthony on XM Satellite Radio. That's like an up-and-coming comedian following George Carlin or Lewis Black. It's a good podcast for someone who has no previous radio experience, and obviously it's gonna suck when you compare it to the #1 talk radio show of all time.
First off, what you were doing was not critiquing. You were offering no suggestions. You just restated how much you disliked it. That is not a complete critique.

Second, whyTF would you ever compare this to the world's #1 talk radio show? This is a podcast for smash fans.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Clearly eh?

Also, Gimpy is a great addition and I'd like to hear more from him SMYN-wise.

Unrelated: Rock Band isn't coming out for Wii is it? =[

I don't think it is...

I've been noticing a number of cool looking games that arn't for Wii lately.

Got to listen to the stream for about 8 mins while my dad was away for a little bit. But still waiting for the processing or whatever it is iTunes does with the casts.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I understand that it's the worst comparison. And I was offering suggestions, to tone down the sarcasm bit.

Top Bottom