• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Kentalish

Smash Lord
lol i have to say this after watching smash dash again.

Everyone knew this would be a funny tittle buy yea alot of these are good

edit: sorrry for souble post i got a email somoe already replyed to this :( mybad

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
somebody should make a flash picture of youko punching something all hardcore like

and then add the caption

YOUKO... PAWNCH!!!
oh dear lord that sounds like such a great idea! xD Hmm... if only I knew how to make .gifs... I could go find out how but who knows. Maybe two different pictures alternating, one saying YOUKOOO... the second proclaiming PAWNCH!!!

Mario Galaxy sounds like it's really good, but if I'm going to get it, the only way possible is probably to wait for Christmas. *has never played a Mario game before*

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
You should definitely get SMG youko, It beats OOT as the highest rated game of all time after all, It didn't get 1st spot for nothing.

Mario Galaxy sounds like it's really good, but if I'm going to get it, the only way possible is probably to wait for Christmas. *has never played a Mario game before*
You WHAT?!??!

you are lying, I don't believe you......

I really fell like Youko punching you! >=O

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
oh dear lord that sounds like such a great idea! xD Hmm... if only I knew how to make .gifs... I could go find out how but who knows. Maybe two different pictures alternating, one saying YOUKOOO... the second proclaiming PAWNCH!!!

dude you serously got to get a mario game.......any.........go get it........your missing out on alot of stuff and why are you even on the forums if you've never played a mario game.....thats like a nessesity to smash brothers:laugh:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
There came a year (I can't remember the exact one) where Mario surpassed Mickey Mouse in popularity. More kids knew who Mario was than Mickey. Kingdom Hearts may have changed that, but it's still cool. ^_^

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's hard to beleive but I'm serious. Never played a Mario game. =o But I really wanna get this one. Especially considering people are saying it's beating my beloved OoT for title of best game ever.

And I'm not that young either... maybe. Does 17 qualify as young?

Anywhoo... Maybe I've played enough LoZ to make up for never having played Mario. I've done OoT 18 times... and that's just OoT, not to mention all the others!

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Deffinatley get Mario Galaxy. I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan and to give you an insight on how good Galaxy is, It's like playing smash.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
its WAY better than playing smash wtf lol

smash is boring, galaxy is one of the most beautiful and well made games i've ever played, and that is true for anyone who plays galaxy, because it is simply that good of a game

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
17 and you...you haven't played a Mario game?

lol wut?

I'm 19 going on 20, and I've played every single one. You're not much younger than me. There's no way you could have not grown up without playing it. No way. I refuse to believe it.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I'm 17 and I've played all of the NES Marios, SMRPG, Mario 64 fully beaten 3 times, all 3 Paper Marios, and Sunshine...haven't gotten galaxy, waiting for Christmas since my money is going into my Rock Band fund for Wednesday.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
its WAY better than playing smash wtf lol

smash is boring, galaxy is one of the most beautiful and well made games i've ever played, and that is true for anyone who plays galaxy, because it is simply that good of a game
True, Smash is getting boring but I have alot of people to play with so it's always fun to play for me.

I do like Twilight Princess better than Galaxy. But I didn't beat Galaxy yet, I wanted to get all 120 before I do and I have 100 stars.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's hard to beleive but I'm serious. Never played a Mario game. =o But I really wanna get this one. Especially considering people are saying it's beating my beloved OoT for title of best game ever.

And I'm not that young either... maybe. Does 17 qualify as young?

Anywhoo... Maybe I've played enough LoZ to make up for never having played Mario. I've done OoT 18 times... and that's just OoT, not to mention all the others!
Playing OoT doesn't make up for not playing Mario.

Mario 64 was the ****! and apparently so is Galaxy. Play both IMO, 64 has got to be like 5 dollars nowadays.

Oh yeah and Paper Mario. That game freaking ROCKS! N64 had so many good games :'(

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Well, considering I still play OoT on a near daily basis (same as Smash), I would hope the Galaxy has the same amount of exploration joy in it.

I don't really care that much for shiney graphics, they're nice and all, but not what I look for. I absolutely love music form the Zelda series though, and haven't been attached to any Mario soundtrack/themes before. I think great music is a big part of game experience, but even so, I'm sure Galaxy will be amazing... although, as far as it will rank on my personal book, I highly doubt it'll pass OoT... but chances are it'll be better than Twilight Princess was.

But either way, gotta wait till Christmas. =P

woot! only 30ish mins = yay.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I like Zelda more than Mario as well, but Mario games are great. They're much different though, so I don't really like when the two are compared.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I never even played OoT, first Zelda game I played was Wind Waker, and it was pretty good I guess. Played the first part of Twilight Princess as well.

I like Mario games better. Can't beat jumping on a goomba's head.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
My first videogame ever was Super Mario Bros. with Ice Climber and Duck Hunt.

I grew up playing Mario.

He will always have that special place in my heart.

OoT is the Greatest Game of all time IMHO. Not playing it is slightly more of a travesty than not playing Mario 64.
you know, OOT isn't even on my top 5 best Zelda games....I really don't like it, but that's just my opinion.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
It's not like I don't know anything about Mario games though. =P

Wait... I have a question...

Does Mario Kart DS count as a Mario game? Because I have that.

But I don't really think it counts as a Mario game so much as it's just a weapon based racer with Mario chracters.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I still say Twilight Princess is the best game out on the Wii

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Mario platform games I guess is what people are referring to. The kart and sports games are different.

I ranked OoT as the best game of all time. Now that I've beaten Galaxy (90-something stars now woot) I'd have to say it has taken it's place. Will Brawl take Galaxy's place? Only time will tell.

edit: Twilight princess is top 5 on my list, at best.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Aaaaaaaaaaand stream's up!

I'm in the process of learning how to upload the blog version to the server instead of having KiKi do so for me, lol.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
the mario sports games were great too. though no mario games are on my top 5 list. except melee.

Top Bottom