• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Masterem243

Smash Lord
What's the deal with the technical problems in this podcast? Does Gimpyfish has a poor quality mike, or does he live in Space Paranoids?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Man i gotta be honest as a listener to SMYN, i have noticed that the podcast gets dragged out alot because of side talk and i just really zone out during most of the podcast. I don't know if i am the only one that feels this way but just trying to give constructive criticism for the podcast

please limit the side talk

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What's the deal with the technical problems in this podcast? Does Gimpyfish has a poor quality mike, or does he live in Space Paranoids?

If we knew, we'd fix it, it's that simple. Plus he bought his mic for around $9.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Masterem your in-depth critiques and comparisons have made me realized after 20 great episodes, that this podcast sucks, and in fact I am leaving smashboards forever, and what else? I'm not buying Brawl, I'm selling my Wii and all of it's accessories and games and buying myself a PS3, or perhaps a Zune. Good day to you all.

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
So, ah... I'm hungry.

To add to that, I'd like to start a random argument.

*ahem...*

I HATE THE U.S. GOVERNMENT'S DOLLARS. THEY ARE SO STUPID. AGH. AND PENNIES, TOO!

Oh, yeah, by the way...

Does anyone besides me get bothered by the difference in sound quality going into the Round Table?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I think it was just Gimpyfish's mic quality was poor. But you can't pin it on Youko's editing skills.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Omg Youko, Panda, or Gimpy do something before I myself am receiving infraction points.

Edit: You beat me to it Youko. Thanks.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
For someone who spent over three hours giving bad jokes and sarcasm in front of a mike, you really can't take jokes or sarcasm.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Nice podcast. Gimpy had a very nice chemistry with you two. and i never laughed so hard in my life.

nice my viewpoint was used. if i sounded too soft, Audacity was being screwy with me. and i read somewhere i didn't add too much. well, it was just a review basically, but i gave the idea of motion control, and that's what i wanted to get out.

but now i feel stupid for giving a shout out to my club, what with the crisis now happening.

anyway, good as always Youko. now if you don't mind, i have matters to attend to (i think you know Youko)

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
Gimpyfish has a treath were he splain everityng from smash in the E for All!!?!?!? I did not know that, I mean, the first 5 times Youko mentin it, I think he Was kiddin wiht my fealings... but thist time, i realise that stiky treat where says gimpyfish impresions... is actualy a treath were gympyfhis put his impreion of the game!! WOW taha made my week...

good show there! eriusly;););)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
For someone who spent over three hours giving bad jokes and sarcasm in front of a mike, you really can't take jokes or sarcasm.

For someone who spent far too long trying to quell Ridley and Geno uprisings, among other things, I'm not in the mood for a lot of crap right now, so do not start with me please.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
For someone who spent far too long trying to quell Ridley and Geno uprisings, among other things, I'm not in the mood for a lot of crap right now, so do not start with me please.
I support Geno and Ridley as fighters. You've got it backwards. I get **** all the time because of my support for characters. How about you have a sense of humor and relax? Pop open a beer and lay back, like you were doing when you recorded this episode.

PS- If you're gonna throw out jabs at people, make sure you have information on the person that you're jabbing at. Otherwise you just look like an ***.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
And me because I'm a Smash Erector...err Director.

Check out the long, hard single player thread.

/endadvertisement
Very good thread.

Sorry about the crap in Character discussion today Youko, that **** is pretty rediculous, especially considering that neither of their inclusions affect each other in the slightest.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, it sure is man, that's why I have so little toleration for spam at the moment. I mean, twenty incarnations of the same extremely long post? Oh my goodness.

And yes, I still use title suggestions for the episodes. But Roundtable seems to have stuck.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Not titles for the episodes, I mean a title instead of Show Me Your News.

You said a while back to send in suggestions to rename it as well as the Roundtable.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Oh no no no, SMYN is staying. I don't recall ever saying that, but whatever.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ugh, I'm tired.

Anyways, I don't know what I was thinking.
Where would you like the YoukoPanda dictionary? On your highly detailed Wiki Profile? Or should I make a seperate profile just for the dictionary?

I'm going to try to listen to Eps 19 and 18 tomorrow....and I guess the second half of 17.

You didn't answer me on if I should use Psychadelic and By Gum/Golly in the dictionary though.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
SMYN is an ok pun, but you do have the great tag that you're the world's only Super Smash Bros. News Podcast. Brawl News is an ok alternate title, but I know I'm gonna get **** for even suggesting that changing the title is an alright idea.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Brilliant episode, great way to handle a week with nothing worth seriously talking about.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Good episode.
Did you really liked last week's updates or were you telling fibs?
I thought it kinda sucked seeing stuff that we had akready seen before IMO

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Apparently some people's sarcasm meters are broken... I thought it was a bit too much sarcasm at one point but it worked out in the end.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Attention:

The YoukoPanda dictionary will now be named the "SMYN Dictionary" and will be completed on SmashWiki soon. The change of name is because other users besides Youko and Samurai Panda have contributed to the words that will be found in this dictionary.

Top Bottom