• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Smash Ace
Comments about the control schemes:
  • I believe that, in one of the videos from right before E for All when the press played the game, someone asked about motion detection. The response was that motion detection is impractical because it takes much more than the 1/60th of a second to register anything significant, so that it feels very laggy in such a fast-paced game.
  • I would like more advanced button programming. For an example, you could make the Y button simulate "jump," but for only one frame so that you short hop. I know a few casual players who would like it, and I think that it may (and just may) make some reflex-intensive moves, such as SHDL, more reasonable: the same button could short hop and and attack/special attack. Crouch-cancelled down smashed may be an issue as is, for example, thanks to the C-stick tilt system. This could fix that, too.
Gimpy should return to SMYN from time to time. That would be awesome.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Perhaps have Gimpyfish show up every 4 episodes or so and make it "Gimpyfish's time of the Month!"
Or we could call it "Gimpyfish is on the month!"
I don't know. Something gross once a month.

Either way it's a great idea.

hey youko at least sakurai didnt disappoint today with the ice climers' fs i dont think we knew that or at least i didnt

and i don think they heard you ONE MORE META KNIGHT ATTACK UPDATE!!!!!! WE WANT IT ONE MORE TIME
Yeh, I wasn't disappointed with the IC's Final Smash. It looked really cool. Plus I love the IC's.
But another update on Metaknights moves would so totally kickass.

Also, someone tell that Tonic Sonic dude to stop spamming before I hack into Youko's account and Youko Paunch him.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Or we could call it "Gimpyfish is on the month!"
I don't know. Something gross once a month.

Either way it's a great idea.

Yeh, I wasn't disappointed with the IC's Final Smash. It looked really cool. Plus I love the IC's.
But another update on Metaknights moves would so totally kickass.

Also, someone tell that Tonic Sonic dude to stop spamming before I hack into Youko's account and Youko Paunch him.
spamming wtf are you talking about dude it was in the podcast so i shared my opion i hate spammers y would i make myself something i hate

EDIT:WAIT IM SORRY I JUST RELIZED WHO YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

anyways i totally agree gimpy should make like monthly apperance or something like that
good for your "shameless self-promotion" from your thread right gimpy:laugh:

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Ya know I just listened to some of early episodes of Show me Your News for the first time I believe. Kinda funny to listen to them with the info we have now :laugh:

Though it was sad to hear the "release date" again :(

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I just checked out the Shiek comeback video Samurai Panda and Gimpyfish talked about (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIcE_-tWv8) - it's pretty incredible!
I was wondering Youko, Samurai Panda - what's been your favourite SMYN so far? Your own personal favourite - because of how effortless it was to make, or because of how much you laughed, or purely because the updates were so interesting? I'd think it'd make a Good Mailtime question if you don't answer it in this thread.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I just checked out the Shiek comeback video Samurai Panda and Gimpyfish talked about (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIcE_-tWv8) - it's pretty incredible!
I was wondering Youko, Samurai Panda - what's been your favourite SMYN so far? Your own personal favourite - because of how effortless it was to make, or because of how much you laughed, or purely because the updates were so interesting? I'd think it'd make a Good Mailtime question if you don't answer it in this thread.
Just watched that, that is crazy. Marth caught some bad luck though, any of the smash attacks on the last stock while Sheik was at 140%ish shouldve been KO.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I seriously hope EK quit after that. That was disgusting.

There's nothing worse than a gay Shiek with REALLY gay DI followed by some unhumanly gay combo's.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
all i have to say atm is i miss bowser fmash getting tired of youko punch.... but Panda you should think of somthing to do with a katana that would be interesting and alot more injoyable :)

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
First of all, great show. How you guys kept all of us entertained for 90 min with the "most awesome, super-duper, greatest week of updates ever" amazes me. You guys could have kept ranting, and I would have loved it.

I also would like to thank you for bringing up the abidged Yu-Gi-OH episodes, those rock.

I'm afraid to watch gimpy's vids only because I don't want to see the stuff from E3. I would hate the updates even more if I did. At least the updates are new to me, even if they aren't super duper awesome fun.

Keep up the good work guys, and stop asking for a character. You aren't getting one until Dec. 3. And that is only if you are lucky.

Edit: I totally forgot about the song at the end. That was the greatest thing ever. Thank you Youko for having no dignity and showing us you can sing at that high of a pitch. That is way too much love for a ******** character, but a great song nonetheless. If we can just get that on mainstream radio, it will be a #1 hit for sure.

It's way better than the new Brittany Spears song. Way better.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
all i have to say atm is i miss bowser fmash getting tired of youko punch.... but Panda you should think of somthing to do with a katana that would be interesting and alot more injoyable :)
He can be Gray Fox. He can then High Frequency Blade all those double posts IN HALF!

And of course, it can also deflect projectile flaming.

EDIT: Also, what kind of mic do you guys think I should get? I was planning on contributing a Brawl Viewpoint but I don't want audio errors like Gimpy got.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Just watched that, that is crazy. Marth caught some bad luck though, any of the smash attacks on the last stock while Sheik was at 140%ish shouldve been KO.
I just watched it too. That wasn't luck btw... just really good DI on Sheik's part. Marth didn't hit with the tip, you really can't expect Sheik to go that far. The Marth player got nervous and predictable on the last couple of stocks.
That Sheik was amazing though. I'm a Sheik main and I have a new recovery strategy now thanks to that vid... mwahahaha

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Hey I finally got around to listening to your broadcasts Youko, and I can't believe I've been missing out on this. Sometimes there is nothing better than to listen to a bunch of people joke and discuss your favorite topic. Especially the joking.

But hey, you made it sound like those of us in the Mega Man thread were waiting for a special Sunday Dojo update. While that would have been sweet, we were waiting for the official Mega Man site to update with news on the Mega Man 20th anniversary event, not the Dojo. If Mega Man had been announced for Brawl there, then we knew what Monday's update would have been. I just wanted to clear that up.

Excellent work. I look forward to next this week's podcast.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
First of all, great show. How you guys kept all of us entertained for 90 min with the "most awesome, super-duper, greatest week of updates ever" amazes me. You guys could have kept ranting, and I would have loved it.

I also would like to thank you for bringing up the abidged Yu-Gi-OH episodes, those rock.

I'm afraid to watch gimpy's vids only because I don't want to see the stuff from E3. I would hate the updates even more if I did. At least the updates are new to me, even if they aren't super duper awesome fun.

Keep up the good work guys, and stop asking for a character. You aren't getting one until Dec. 3. And that is only if you are lucky.

Edit: I totally forgot about the song at the end. That was the greatest thing ever. Thank you Youko for having no dignity and showing us you can sing at that high of a pitch. That is way too much love for a ******** character, but a great song nonetheless. If we can just get that on mainstream radio, it will be a #1 hit for sure.

It's way better than the new Brittany Spears song. Way better.
Ok, I have to address some things in this mess of a post.

First, there is no E-4-All footage on Gimpyfish's videos. At least not yet. Just him talking about his experience with Brawl. So you won't be seeing anything, just hearing it.

Second, how do you know when a new character will be revealed? You aren't Sakurai. We could get a whole week filled with character updates, that's how unpredictable he is.

That is way too much love for a ******** character, but a great song nonetheless.
I really hope you're not talking about Captain Falcon. REALLY hope you're not.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
There was a video I've been trying to find for a while of a comeback. I believe it was a Falcon against an ICs, which made me think it was Azen and Chu, but it's not. I think it was on Battlefield.

It's not as good as the EK and Nihonjin, but it's definitely something you should check out, podcasters, in case you haven't already.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BWJ2bBlO1Q

Jiano and Chu. My bad.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I have to address some things in this mess of a post.

First, there is no E-4-All footage on Gimpyfish's videos. At least not yet. Just him talking about his experience with Brawl. So you won't be seeing anything, just hearing it.

Second, how do you know when a new character will be revealed? You aren't Sakurai. We could get a whole week filled with character updates, that's how unpredictable he is.

I really hope you're not talking about Captain Falcon. REALLY hope you're not.
I thought you'd complain that I put E3 instead of E-4-All. He still knows stuff from being there. I don't want to know. It would make the updates worse. That's my point.

Concerning characters. I've said it before. We know about 23 of them Right now. Expect a round number, so we are going to get 1 or 2 more the rest of the way. It's going to be on the big days, not anytime this week.

And third, yes I was referring to C. Falcon. He is trash. In mind, he was the clone of Gannon. Don't argue, I'm just expressing my hate for the character. But at least now he has worth in the world, because without him we wouldn't have that kick butt song.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
I thought it was against the rules to hate captain falcon... but yeah Ganon is most certainly the clone. Proof is the fact that captain falcon was in the 64 smash.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I thought you'd complain that I put E3 instead of E-4-All. He still knows stuff from being there. I don't want to know. It would make the updates worse. That's my point.

Concerning characters. I've said it before. We know about 23 of them Right now. Expect a round number, so we are going to get 1 or 2 more the rest of the way. It's going to be on the big days, not anytime this week.

And third, yes I was referring to C. Falcon. He is trash. In mind, he was the clone of Gannon. Don't argue, I'm just expressing my hate for the character. But at least now he has worth in the world, because without him we wouldn't have that kick butt song.
25 characters total? That's the number of characters total from Melee. You seriously think we're not getting more than the last game? Or do you think they won't reveal the entire roster before release?

Falcon a clone of Ganondorf? Am I crazy or wasn't he in the 64 version? How can he possibly be a clone?? I'm... baffled. What makes you dislike him so much anyway? Everything about the guy screams bad-a$$ery.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hmm... maybe I should ask the SMYN listeners to do that for me during the next podcast.

Good idea. Try sending it in as a Mailtime question for the next episode!

hey royalrook remember when you compared me to hitler
The similarities are startling.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, if you hapen to run low on guests or anything, I know an Aussie who might be interested in appearing on your show.

It's been a looong time betwen podcasts....Scav and Kiki are all busy and the ones I made by myself sound bad, especially when Mr Wavebird never replies....

Sariku

Smash Master
Sariku is finally replying to this thread because it seemed to have calmed down. This thread was so spammy the last few days it's unbelievable.

This last episode was the worst episode. Ever.

I don't think it was because of the lack of updates either. It just really, really stunk. You guys had too much fun, and it wasn't a good listen at all. Gimpyfish was alright, but I'm almost sick of seeing him everywhere. Don't me wrong, I love you Gimpy. But you are everywhere on the Web, and now you're appearing in a Podcast.

Colbusman saved you. Tip to him though, make the audio not as loud next time, I had to strain my ears to hear you. But I liked it.

2/10.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...We had too much fun, therefore it really stunk...

What is it with people ripping on this podcast, but not even giving valid reasons why? And are you jealous of what Gimpy has accomplished??

For the record, I had to majorly amp up Colbusman's audio, so you would have been straining anyway.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Sariku is finally replying to this thread because it seemed to have calmed down. This thread was so spammy the last few days it's unbelievable.

I don't think it was because of the lack of updates either. It just really, really stunk. You guys had too much fun, and it wasn't a good listen at all. Gimpyfish was alright, but I'm almost sick of seeing him everywhere. Don't me wrong, I love you Gimpy. But you are everywhere on the Web, and now you're appearing in a Podcast.

Colbusman saved you. Tip to him though, make the audio not as loud next time, I had to strain my ears to hear you. But I liked it.

2/10.
I really hope that entire post was sarcasm.

If not then I'm just going to say you're a bitter, jealous person.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
WOW you hate captain falcon and you find him a clone of GANON and not the other way around

i'm so confused at humanity seeing that
I thought it was against the rules to hate captain falcon... but yeah Ganon is most certainly the clone. Proof is the fact that captain falcon was in the 64 smash.
25 characters total? That's the number of characters total from Melee. You seriously think we're not getting more than the last game? Or do you think they won't reveal the entire roster before release?

Falcon a clone of Ganondorf? Am I crazy or wasn't he in the 64 version? How can he possibly be a clone?? I'm... baffled. What makes you dislike him so much anyway? Everything about the guy screams bad-a$$ery.

Wow. Wow. I wrote, "Don't argue, I'm just expressing my hate for the character." Meaning that I know Gannon is the clone, but I hate him so much I call him the clone anyway. Oiye, I'm not surprised two of you can't read, but Gimpyfish? You were part of that great podcast, but now that you're defending C.F. I just don't think I know you anymore. (Think about that sentence two much and someone gets hurt).

And yes, I think that the 23 characters we see are just the ones that they are going to reveal before the game comes out, besides maybe 1 or 2 more. I think we'll have 11 or 12 non-revealed characters to discover that will not be announced. If they do announce the entire roster before the game is released, and they are taking part (THAT SAYS PART NOT ALL SINCE YOU PEOPLE CAN'T READ APPARENTLY) of the fun of playing the game.

And C. Falcon is awful. I have 6 friends I play the game with on a regular basis, and all we do is make fun of the ******** stuff that comes out of his mouth and beat him to holy hell. Bleh. I shudder just thinking about him. Like I said, at least he's good for the song now.

That song had better be in Brawl.

2/10.
And finally, Youko, ignore this post by Sariku. He talks in the 3rd person. Which means nothing he says has any validity. Just ask Bob Dole.

Sariku

Smash Master
I really hope that entire post was sarcasm.

If not then I'm just going to say you're a bitter, jealous person.
...We had too much fun, therefore it really stunk...

What is it with people ripping on this podcast, but not even giving valid reasons why? And are you jealous of what Gimpy has accomplished??

For the record, I had to majorly amp up Colbusman's audio, so you would have been straining anyway.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
No, I didn't mean anything to Gimpyfish. It's just he's all you hear about these days. It used to be SamuraiPanda, but now it's Gimpyfish. I'm not jealous in the least bit, it's just it really wasn't a surprise what was gonna happen this episode. Gimpy, I still love you, don't worry.

And I'm not ripping on the cast as this episode. I really hated it. Maybe it was because there was no good updates, but it just wasn't up to caliber with any of your other episodes. Also, you did lose all your quality you was aiming for at the beginning.

So if you're gonna take these things I said hatefully, just do so. But I'm not trying to be mean yet.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
No, I didn't mean anything to Gimpyfish. It's just he's all you hear about these days. It used to be SamuraiPanda, but now it's Gimpyfish. I'm not jealous in the least bit, it's just it really wasn't a surprise what was gonna happen this episode. Gimpy, I still love you, don't worry.

And I'm not ripping on the cast as this episode. I really hated it. Maybe it was because there was no good updates, but it just wasn't up to caliber with any of your other episodes. Also, you did lose all your quality you was aiming for at the beginning.

So if you're gonna take these things I said hatefully, just do so. But I'm not trying to be mean yet.
Can you give us actual reasons you didn't like the episode? Nevermind Gimpy being in it, just tell us what aspect of the podcast you didn't like.

Sariku

Smash Master
I didn't say he was the reason it was bad. Gimpyfish is awesome. I liked hearing stuff from his thread not over AIM. Again Gimpy, I still love you.

I'm just saying, there was no seriousness at all in this episode. And that's not a bad thing, but I couldn't even tell when you moved onto a different update. Yes, it was that unorganized. Again, the quality was lacking very much in this episode as well. Again, I said all this before. I learned absolutely nothing knew from this episode. It felt very Generic.

And you guys will again ask me why I hated it. Just re-read my posts, I told you all this before.

Gimpy for Prez.

Top Bottom