• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
hahhaahhaahahahaha @ you guys had too much fun as a reason it was bad
Agreed.

And Sariku, you waited until things calmed down on the thread so you could immediately fill it back up with something else? Smooth...

Edit: Whatever, I guess it's best to just drop it. But we're just sick of people not liking things about the podcast or the episode without solid reasons behind them.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...Could you possibly suck up to Gimpy any more than you already are?

I'm pretty sure when I said "Hey guys, let's move on to Spectator," that was a pretty blatant transition.

Just letting you know, Sariku, from the outside looking in the past couple pages, it really appears like all you're trying to do is get all this attention for yourself. Which might explain why you're sick of all the Gimpy-ness.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I actually agree that the last episode wasn't that good. Much of the time you guys were just laughing and making refrences to random things. Of course it was a bad week for the dojo, so it would be impossible to have a perfect podcast.

Let's hope we get some better updates!

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
yea, this episode wasnt the best, but how could it be with all those horrible updates?
and, well, sariku is entitled to his opinions.

off topic, whats with the soccer ball in todays(tuesday) update? a wii sports item making it in? o wait, soccer wasnt in wii sports... hmmmmmmm, what could it be... wii sports 2?

Sariku

Smash Master
Again Youko, no I'm not trying to suck up to Gimpy nor draw attraction to myself.

I want Gimpy to know I have nothing against him. Everyone keeps IM'ing me telling me I'm just jealous of you guys and how much of a loser I am. I'm not really jealous anymore. That was a one time thing. I'm just trying to tell Gimpy I'm not mad at him or anything. Not that he would care, but I don't like it when people have a bad taste of me in their Mouth when I wasn't aiming for that.

And no, I'm not trying to draw attraction. But you would be doing the same thing as me if you was in my shoes right now. You say your honest opinion on something the creator wants feedback on, and you get flamed because I didn't say "OMG YOU GUYS ROCK DO IT AGAIN DO IT AGAIN." I say "This episode was pretty bad, low quality and laughs the whole time. Though it could because of the week updates, still. I like it when it's more serious." and all I get is flamed.

------

And I can't believe I forgot to say this, but yes. Mic for a RoundTable trial. His accent is awesome. Heck, you could have Mic and Blackadder go head to head. Which Ausie is better.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you just paraphrased what you said and made it sound different, you basically were mad because we didn't give you anything new, and because we had fun

it really doesn't make much sense that having fun and flowing is bad, but whateva

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
No, I didn't mean anything to Gimpyfish. It's just he's all you hear about these days. It used to be SamuraiPanda, but now it's Gimpyfish. I'm not jealous in the least bit, it's just it really wasn't a surprise what was gonna happen this episode. Gimpy, I still love you, don't worry.

And I'm not ripping on the cast as this episode. I really hated it. Maybe it was because there was no good updates, but it just wasn't up to caliber with any of your other episodes. Also, you did lose all your quality you was aiming for at the beginning.

So if you're gonna take these things I said hatefully, just do so. But I'm not trying to be mean yet.
Well, those 3 ARE moderators, but because it's the 20th episode, surely they can have Gimpy, lol. But who's to say that this was the worst episode so far?

I thought it was alright, (though I hate to say it) it was probably that because you were having so much fun :( So much for reverse psychology.

Sariku

Smash Master
you just paraphrased what you said and made it sound different, you basically were mad because we didn't give you anything new, and because we had fun

it really doesn't make much sense that having fun and flowing is bad, but whateva
Well the flowing was bad, I can say that safely. And there is a fine line between having fun and having too much fun. I love fun, which is why the RoundTable with the 13 Questions was easily the best RoundTable cause I accually laughed on alot of them.

But when you hear people laugh continuously it's not that fun to listen too.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sariku is finally replying to this thread because it seemed to have calmed down. This thread was so spammy the last few days it's unbelievable.

This last episode was the worst episode. Ever.

I don't think it was because of the lack of updates either. It just really, really stunk. You guys had too much fun, and it wasn't a good listen at all. Gimpyfish was alright, but I'm almost sick of seeing him everywhere. Don't me wrong, I love you Gimpy. But you are everywhere on the Web, and now you're appearing in a Podcast.

Colbusman saved you. Tip to him though, make the audio not as loud next time, I had to strain my ears to hear you. But I liked it.

2/10.

I can pick out phrases to try to prove my point too.

Your points are valid, but you cannot with a straight face tell me that as a whole this was a worse episode than the very first one. Have you heard Episode 1 recently?

Regarding the feedback, I'd rather have it be a reason aside from "you guys had too much fun". Is talking about Smash with friends not supposed to be fun? Serious business, guys, serious business. I get that you like it more serious, and that's FINE, but how were we going to be serious with those updates? We tried to make this episode the best we could to try to compensate for the crap Sakurai dealt, and you're the one who thinks it was "too much fun".

And I'm sure that Easter Egg pitched into how terrible the episode was. Oh wait...

Sariku

Smash Master
I can pick out phrases to try to prove my point too.

Your points are valid, but you cannot with a straight face tell me that as a whole this was a worse episode than the very first one. Have you heard Episode 1 recently?

Regarding the feedback, I'd rather have it be a reason aside from "you guys had too much fun". Is talking about Smash with friends not supposed to be fun? Serious business, guys, serious business.

And I'm sure that Easter Egg pitched into how terrible the episode was. Oh wait...
You are right at first Youko, I was really being hardheaded on my first post, I will agree with that.

Yes, accually I have listened to the first one recently, and I still find it entertaining accually. Yes, you sounded forced through it, but when you're talking about what we want to see in E3 and we already know, I find it entertaining. This one was just really hard to listen to for me. I'm sure others felt the same way.

And I completely forgot the Easter Egg. Let's just say I had it on my iPod from hacking the ESnips version when you first showed it. It's amazing.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Youko, do you still check PMs regarding SMYN? Just asking. I would have PMd you, but that wouldn't answer my question as well :p

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yep, I still do check PMs. In fact, I've been getting an awful lot lately...hrm.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, my usual moaning :( You know the story.

I'm working on a Brawl Viewpoint, but whenever I start to record, I think that it's going to be crap, boring, etc. I think that I'd get a real inspiration for doing it free style, but I don't know yet. I'd like to be on the Roundtable but meh. I've been spoilt already.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yeah, my usual moaning :( You know the story.

I'm working on a Brawl Viewpoint, but whenever I start to record, I think that it's going to be crap, boring, etc. I think that I'd get a real inspiration for doing it free style, but I don't know yet. I'd like to be on the Roundtable but meh. I've been spoilt already.
Don't worry about how you think it sounds. It's your opinion, so people can't complain about it. Atleast they shouldn't.

Besides, 1/2 of your predictions are right so far. Do a Brawl Viewpoint on Lucario, maybe he'll be confirmed sooner :laugh:

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about how you think it sounds. It's your opinion, so people can't complain about it. Atleast they shouldn't.

Besides, 1/2 of your predictions are right so far. Do a Brawl Viewpoint on Lucario, maybe he'll be confirmed sooner :laugh:
Lol Sariku, maybe.

It seems as if I've run out of predictions! I was halfway through recording my thoughts on what kind of fighting behaviour each new stage will bring. It sounded original, but I didn't know if it was worth it.

You guys can vote or something, just tell me to go ahead and do it, shi*!

(I'd like a crack at the RT, though. Just to complete my SMYN contribution)

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I have some (read plenty) of free time this week, being Fall Break and all, and I thought I'd record a Brawl Viewpoint for everyone's favorite Smash podcast ;)

..However, I didn't realize how much work would go into it and I'm only about half way done, but I thought I'd let Youko and the boys know I'm working on one. :)

What!? Lego I am not a Lego I am an early learning building block!

And no I wont do anything stupid, but I just thought I would randomly say these words which have no relation to my account at all "Sorry for making you have to close all those threads"

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I hope you mean that second part, truly. It disappointed me to see what you did, because you knew what that kind of excessive spam would get you. Hopefully you can start anew for the better.

Yes I realize what I did... and what it would bring. But *sigh* I was hoping to eventually get the most posts out of anyone on SWF XD I already have the 20th position : P

But hey 5135 - 45 isn't that bad... blarg its just the 7 pages of subscriptions and the reputation I missed.

But er good luck on the podcast Youko hope it gets even better in the future.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Right, I've decided - I'd like to be on the Roundtable. Now that Gimpy is out of the way (lol) I might be able to concentrate on more shi*.

BV, or RT?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, it's definitely NOT from Strikers. There's a "soccer ball" topic, so please speculate about it there or in the DOJO Update topic for today.

Ah Youko you have come a long way... from early smash cats which got a lot of praise to a Moderator and getting your on posts on the smash blog.

But not to be off topic, considering Sakurai is giving us filler updates to fill in the push back does that mean you will have to make filler episodes? and start talking about things only loosely related to smash because there isnt anything new?

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
hey Youko I bean haerd your previos podcasts... an the resent ones... can you have some retro-nostalgia fever, and make the next SMYN like the old ones? isn´t too hard covering this "lame" updates that we were getting lately... i realy want to hear your sarcasm and "dah" comments for those, just once, for the good times pleas?:):):)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
@MRKM - I don't think filler episodes will be needed, that makes it sound like an anime, lol. We still try to pull the smallest things out of the updates to talk about, so there's always something to talk about even though the update may seem redundant.

@Froilen - There will be no Rundown similar to the old ones. First, I'm having a lot of fun doing these Roundtables. Second, this week is Thanksgiving break anyway, so I am not about to go writing a whole lot anyway. But don't worry, the old style of humor should be returning compared to last week's...if that's something that can be controlled easily.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
...I want Animal Crossing Wii to hurry up and finish....but the more time the better. it shall be epic.
I say this cause of Youko's freakin' K.K. pic.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
And no, I'm not trying to draw attraction. But you would be doing the same thing as me if you was in my shoes right now. You say your honest opinion on something the creator wants feedback on, and you get flamed because I didn't say "OMG YOU GUYS ROCK DO IT AGAIN DO IT AGAIN." I say "This episode was pretty bad, low quality and laughs the whole time. Though it could because of the week updates, still. I like it when it's more serious." and all I get is flamed.

------
QUOTE]
I agree. When someone gives a negative review with an explanation that doesn't entertain all your questions, people get mad. But when someone just comes by and says "Good cast this week", there's not an army of people going "DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO BACK THAT UP?!" .

(I'd like a crack at the RT, though. Just to complete my SMYN contribution)
Don't we all.

ESPECIALLY ME. Hehe =] .

k. i will.
so, you gonna come up with "all soccer balls now?" lol.
Nope, all clocks all the time.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ugh why does everyone fail at quotting so much

anyways, in relation to the all clocks all the time phrase

on my swim team a couple years ago that i coached our slogan was "All Spanish, all the time."

none of the coaches spoke a word of spanish.

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
@Froilen - There will be no Rundown similar to the old ones. First, I'm having a lot of fun doing these Roundtables. Second, this week is Thanksgiving break anyway, so I am not about to go writing a whole lot anyway. But don't worry, the old style of humor should be returning compared to last week's...if that's something that can be controlled easily.
well we stil have Smash Dash for taht proupouse...

and SMYN have turned in a sort of talck show than a news show of dojo... it is your show any way... :(:(:(

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
people like you is the reason wy that treath MOST be stiky... [spanish]Espero que la 3º edición sea la vencida![/spanish];););)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Hey Youko.

I'm listening to Episode 18 for the Dictionary right now, and something came to me that I've wanted to talk to you about for a bit now.

Episode 18 is still just Panda and Yourself for the roundtable, and it works REALLY well. But whenever there's a third person on the Roundtable I seem to forget what your voice sounds like. I find that you don't get enough say in things and that you rarely speak up.

I'm not offering a solution or saying stop doing what your doing, but I wanted to bring that up to see if I'm the only one who thinks this.

Also Gimpy:
The quote in your signature wins.

Top Bottom