• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Zantetsu2

Smash Apprentice
I just got done listening to this and I really really like this. I have listened to a lot of podcasts in my time and I have never caught up with one as good as this! Its to good for words. You guys do an excellent job. 5 stars!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Nice episode Youko, It seemed like you guys got too on the comedic sign but

1)It worked out

2)it's your podcast.

It was nice to hear Gimpy on the podcast. I'd still like to appear as a guest but I don't think I'm still trying to figure out things (I want to end a BV but The download site isn't working for some reason.....)

Anyways good job, you made something interesting out of something that wasn't. I however think people aren't seeing Handicap mode for it's worth.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
This episode was pretty good. I was surprised when I heard that Gimpyfish was a special guest on the Round Table. I would love Gimpyfish to return in a later Round Table discussion, as he gives a more experienced viewpoint (plus, he knows so much already about Brawl through the demo). But I understand if it's not anytime soon, as he's also busy with his video blogs and his personal life.

And that Pokémon F-Zero theme was AWESOME!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Gimpyfish for SMYN!

Really. You guys really seemed to get along great.

It's too bad all that RIDLEY stuff happened just as Colbusman was praising it in the podcast. At one time I thought about sending you an e-mail that repeated 'Ridley' over and over, Youko, but I guess if I did that now then you'd... clean all my clocks.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Gimpyfish for SMYN!

Really. You guys really seemed to get along great.

It's too bad all that RIDLEY stuff happened just as Colbusman was praising it in the podcast. At one time I thought about sending you an e-mail that repeated 'Ridley' over and over, Youko, but I guess if I did that now then you'd... clean all my clocks.
yep. sad day. no more Ridley threads...ever...until he's announced.

holy crap, what a day. so much has happened. well, at least we got new stuff on the Dojo, so maybe this week won't be so bad after all. maybe a podcast without all the sarcasm and stuff like that

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
really though wtf were we supposed to do, the section on the updates woulda been of us saying "this was dumb" then moving right along to the other sections, the podcast woulda been like 15 minutes long

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
yep. sad day. no more Ridley threads...ever...until he's announced.

holy crap, what a day. so much has happened. well, at least we got new stuff on the Dojo, so maybe this week won't be so bad after all. maybe a podcast without all the sarcasm and stuff like that
seriously, It happened all of a sudden.....I was "WTF" the whole time...It happened so fast (less than a day! >=O)

I changed my Location now too....

anyway you are funny as hell GF, I hope you appear in future episodes, might as well fix the lagging problem!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Well I tried to give the thread a new start but the flames and spam just followed us there too. There was just no escaping it. I just wish it hadn't ended how it did.

*on topic* Will you be holding trials for the next episode?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
really though wtf were we supposed to do, the section on the updates woulda been of us saying "this was dumb" then moving right along to the other sections, the podcast woulda been like 15 minutes long
lol, you guys could have went over the week before again and still have gotten more subject matter to cover. It would be nice to see you on a podcast when there is actual info to cover gimpy. That would be quite interesting.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Will you be holding trials for the next episode?
Given that guests are usually biweekly, and the 3-person roundtable is a HUGE headache for Youko and I to set up, episode 21 will be just the two of us. So no trials this week.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Given that guests are usually biweekly, and the 3-person roundtable is a HUGE headache for Youko and I to set up, episode 21 will be just the two of us. So no trials this week.

What he means is we'll probably do trials this weekend to determine someone for episode 22. That is, if Thanksgiving Break doesn't cause too much of a problem, which it might.

The vagueness is killing you, I know.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Gimpyfish would make an excellent recurring addition to the Roundtable - he just gave so much energy, and has a great sense of humour. Did he give anyone else an "Emo Phillips" vibe? It's a huge compliment, I think it's his voice that does it, but yes, SMYN needs more gimpyfish!
I'm glad you approached the Updates with so much sarcasm - it was needed. I appreciated the "Mod's Rant" and Colbusman's BV. Good Job guys! Best one yet

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Woot!

Yay for SMYN!! I have to say, this episode was great! At the start, I can't remember who it was, but one of you did a GREAT impression of Kirby and I cracked up laughing! I don't know about other members of SWF but I think the tangents are great! I mean, sure the main purpose of roundtable now is to go through the updates but the tangents help to give the podcast a more relaxed feel, as well as adding more length to them.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't really tell because of the overwhelming sarcasm, but in the Ike FS update, DK and Ike were on the same team. But you guys knew that, didn't you?
Are you sure, I thought I heard something along the lines of DK was trying to use Ike's FS to steal his kills with his UpSmash.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
If the human controlling him were smart, he would've read Gimpyfish's thread and listened to SMYN to find out that DK as currently configured sucks in most aspects, and consequently wouldn't be using DK. It's all relative.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
lol, great episode. i love the alusion to yu gi oh abridged, those are awesome.

question about ice climbers fs, what if nana is killed and popo gets smash ball? does it resurrect nana, he just do it by himself, or it doesnt work? it doesnt say on there...

my friends didnt like all the trash talk about Ike, but i thought it was funny.

you carried sarcasm for a long time about the "best week ever"

also, the smash talk videos are cool, is there a way to download from youtube w/o bying/downloading stuff?

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
I was kinda disappointed about this episode, b/c I was waiting for you guys to get into some serious discussions regarding to the new coin system! The spectator update is NOT lame, it opened up many possibilities regarding to both the sticker and coins system.

So I guess the Ink Drop Saga continuous, LOL. Keep it up Gimpy, keep it up, the Royalfart combo is being testing in the lab, too.

P.S. Thanks for the shout out, rock on Youko, rock on.

Top Bottom