• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm in the middle of the Roundtable, and it's good so far. there are the flaws, like recently you said Metaknight's Final is horrible, where i actually heard you don't control it and it causes instand KOs. so i think his Final is making him more of a high tier, but i've heard multiple sources of different Finals, so I may be wrong.

anyway, i'll post again when it's finished, but you are holding a contest for the next Roundtable and I would love to join in episode 17. Here's why...

I love discussions, especially intelligent, which you guys do. I know the topics very well, since I'm always on the Dojo everyday and around here, so i'll know what's going on. I will have time for it and the only way I couldn't do it is if I didn't have the right program for it, but if i'm correct, I do. If you give me a chance to talk with you guys, I will do my best to provide a very informational Roundtable that can be fun and intelligent

EDIT: nice job pyroloserkid. very well done viewpoint

EDIT 2: wow, that was freakin long, but it was great. as always Youko, great job. you always continue to amaze me...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Really cool episode and over an hour. Geez you have alot of follow through. The round table is awsome. You and samuri panda both have good opinions that make sense. I dont think aything really has to be changed and as for time, dont force for a certain time I think you should just do the good job you have been doing.

Sariku

Smash Master
Why I Should Be In RoundTable.

Well Youko, it's finally time. Weeks after the last Who's In, Sariku could make a major debut in Show Me Your News. Again. But I'm humble, I hate trying to seem braggy, but I might as well try, if I really want to be on.

I was your first guest in Show Me Your News. Yes, I'm talking about Who's In debuting in Episode 2. Now I'll admit, it sucked, but got drastically better throughout the episodes. At the end I didn't get one complaint about it, except maybe its lenth. I supported the cast through the Bi-Weekly episodes, and just made your just much, much easier. Now I also did your first Audio Mailtime, but that really doesn't matter at all.

It's also interesting to note I made the first comment on the thread. Now, it wasn't very constructive, but either or, I was the first to view your thread.

I fell in love with your episodes. I would listen to them as I Smashed. I listen to them on the Bus, when I'm walking around Campus, I sneak it on at school, and even right now, I'm listening to Episode 15.

I totally respect peoples opinions too, though I may come off the wrong way every now and then. Yes, if I was in with you two, my voice wouldnt' fit at all, but if it got nerfed like yours, it could be very interesting.

I am also working on the website for you. While yes, this isn't close to finished, I'm trying to get the episode up for dedicated listeners like Legolastorm who still posts in this thread.

I JUST GOT THE SHOUTOUT!? Wow, I've been working on getting it since Episode 2 of the Show Me Your News. I was their since the beginning, and will be there for you till the end, plus some. I can't wait to possibly talk to you and Samurai, so heres to hoping.

~ Sariku.Uchiha

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why I should be in the Roundtable

Hmm...my reason...

Well first of all, I'm a pretty optimistic guy, but even I know when to be realistic about the situation. Upon talking, I do make some sarcastic jokes just to lighten the topic slightly lol

Now, unto my reason.

I feel that I could share my logic with Brawl updates and give somewhat accurate reasons why that thing happen (such as the delay of Brawl) and such. I could even give reference as to where the move/item/character came from and give my speculations.

I don't like to feel I have all the answers, so I do ask for opinions to you guys as well for the topic.

Now, I'll admit, the voice I sent you was...crappy. I did sound nervous, but only because I was trying to answer the question while fitting it in accuratly. I can talk normal.

Also, I got a mic. :p (yes, stupid statement, but should be noted none the less).

I listen to all your episodes and while I nod in understandment of your info and expression to it, I lawl at your jokes.

"I'm Sorry, but Samus would pwn Master Chief" lol

So it would be great if I was one of the members of the round table. ^^

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why I Should(n't) Be In Roundtable

Well first off, I'm a Fox, Link, and Falco main! :p ....with a bit of Roy, Peach, and Ness on the side! :)

-I'm not really optimistic, but I try and look at things from many viewpoints, and try to have proofs behind my reasonings, like quotes, stats, and all that jazz.

-Well, I guess I have a semi-listenable voice. Not the greatest, but it works. The mic totally nerfs it, though. But it's not bad, at least. :ohwell: I sounded a little nervous in my viewpoints (that never aired...but it's already been undone; twice, so there is no point behind airing it), but I think I got it. You just gotta relax, and go with the flow. That's my motto on speeches too, lol.

-I take careful analysis of the boards, and am obviously very active in them (I average around 10+ posts a day...thank you mutltitasking).

-I've listened to every minute of every episode, and I think I get the basic idea. Be relaxed, be real, and enjoy and understand what you are talking about.

-I'm generally very honest, and when I'm confused or have a question I usually ask the proper question.

-I generally give well thought out answers.

-I have amic (pretty good quality, though it makes me sound younger and older at the same time)

-I respect peoples opinions (within good reasoning, of course),

-I think I have very good and strong points, but am willing to admit my flaws, or wat I'm not sure of. I also seperate fact from my opinion very clearly, and explain each very well.

-I carefully tell my opinions with much details. If you can't tell by my long posts, I can go on about stuff for a very long time. As I can tell by your hour long segment, I'd fit in in that department. [long posts and entries ftw] :laugh:

-I think I can add a fresh new viewpoint, as the semi-average smasher. Also, I'd probably

-I'm very respectable.

-Because I say so! :p

I couldn't help the last one. It was bound to come out sooner or later (it came out later). So ya, me braggin about myself For the win! Plus, I have found many intresting analysises that I feel I could build on, and use in the discussion. And many people offer me many unique opinions, and I'd love to use them in the podcast! :)

So ya, that's my reasoning! Not the best, but still...ya never do know.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Why I shouldn't be in Roundtable

-I've never played a smash game before.

-I am representing the "play games for fun" people. (aka. n00b)

-I don't like to look too deep while analyzing stuff.(just keep it simple)

-I am shy, nervous etc. with people I don't know.

-I am not a talkative person.

-I live very far away from you so it might take several seconds for my voice to reach you. (I live in the Middle East)

And most important thing...:

-English is not my mother language(I pronounce some words wrong, I am not that fluent, I might (10%) not understand what exactly you say\ask me)

=(

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Silver, just write in a Viewpoint, and they will read it on the air for you. Or you can record one too, then send that in.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Heh, looks like my BV didn't get accepted. Oh well.

Good episode this week, though I HATE to say it, I skip past some of the roundtable to get to the stuff after - it's a shame.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why I shouldn't be in Roundtable.

- I haven't even got bloody sound.

Dammit close!

Anyways guys be prepared for either Mega man 9, Street fighter 4 or Mega man in Brawl this week ; )

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
-I've never played a smash game before.

-I am representing the "play games for fun" people. (aka. n00b)

-I don't like to look too deep while analyzing stuff.(just keep it simple)

-I am shy, nervous etc. with people I don't know.

-I am not a talkative person.

-I live very far away from you so it might take several seconds for my voice to reach you. (I live in the Middle East)

And most important thing...:

-English is not my mother language(I pronounce some words wrong, I am not that fluent, I might (10%) not understand what exactly you say\ask me)

=(

Awwwww...you're still so awesome, Silver!! I think it'd be so terrfic if you at least sent in a Brawl Viewpoint!

We're trying to resolve the issue of Wii-streaming. Cuz I really don't want anybody to be missing out on the podcast at all...Also, guys, PLEASE SEND IN MAILTIME QUESTIONS! I don't want you going and forgetting about that segment now, haha!

Blackadder

Smash Master
I have very little reason to post, but I'm currently listening to the Basy, and I should point out when Youko yelled out "Turn it up to 11 man!" I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

...rawr?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Turn what up to 11 man?
I think it was on the subject of the levels of the computer AI, and if Brawl will knock 9 of the top spot.

Anyways, I just finished roundtable.
Review coming tommorow, along with my "proper" Roundtable resume. Heh.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
Turn what up to 11 man?
You should watch Spinal Tap. Or at least something that refers to it.

Absolutely awesome Youko. I love having over an hour's worth of podcast to which I can listen. I mean how much does the weekend suck for no Brawl information (besides inside videos no one can download). Long podcasts are great to have because they keep you thinking, and in a Brawl aspect rather than a school or work one. :) I might go piece by piece later on this week when I have more time what I thought was good or bad.

Anyway, keep with longer podcasts, if people don't like short ones, they can split them up and listen to them throughout the week!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
We're trying to resolve the issue of Wii-streaming. Cuz I really don't want anybody to be missing out on the podcast at all...Also, guys, PLEASE SEND IN MAILTIME QUESTIONS! I don't want you going and forgetting about that segment now, haha!
You gotten mine, right? I'm just wondering. My e-mail is RockinTH@aol.com

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Send however many questions you wish, and I'll have that much more to choose from! I'll see with how much time I have how many questions I can feasibly answer.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Bingo, either one is just fine! I had only several to choose from last week, so send those questions in! Remember, it can be about anything, even non-Smash related!!

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Why I think I should be in Roundtable

1. I think I would provide a unique outlook on smash considering I'm not very competetive and I'm not known on the smashboards, I think this is my first post :laugh: edit, but not my last!

2. Still, I'm a diehard smash fan ever since 64 I've must've signed 3 petitions begging for a brawl demo and I do think I have some skill, i.e. I'm not a n00b don't let my icon fool you edit, no longer n00b smash child FTW at least I can wavedash

3. I'm also a diehard SHOW ME YOUR NEWS fan ever since I heard episode 9 from the Smash Blog. I listened to 8 eight other episodes the next day in a marathon. I also check the thread every sunday right before 3 just in case it's there. I would love to be a part of it. Having my Brawl viewpoint read was awesome but being on Roundtable would be amazing!:chuckle:

4. Due to my love and respect for SHOW ME YOUR NEWS I think I could have a good conversation with Youko and Samurai Panda. When listening to past roundtables I sometimes would say my own point in response to the topic even though no one is listening

5. I think my brawl viewpoint on alternate costumes has shown that I can provide a deep and intelligent analysis on smash, sorry if that sounds cocky but my BV did seem well received on smashboards

6. I have a mic and I'm ready to download whatever program you need me to use

7. Even though I don't post (I'm sorry, I just don't like posting on forums :()edit Now I do.I read smashboards all of the time and would love to connect to the community this way I also would love to make this big of a contribution to my favorite podcast SHOW ME YOUR NEWS

also long podcasts FTW

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
yo, pyroloserkid. Nice segment, but GOOD SH*T with Protest the Hero. Amazing band.
Thanks bro. I'm a huge metal-head but I was toning it down as to not make people's ears bleed.

My Roundtable application to come soon. Most likely tomorrow when I'm ungrounded.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I want to play. :)

What better addition to the roundtable than to put in a random fan who is close to semi-pro and will give good input.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
First off, of course the sound quality for the Roundtable section wasn't as great as the rest of the podcast. But then again, recording sections with two or more people over the internet isn't easy, so I'm not complaining all that much.

Although, I don't think I can listen to an hour-long Roundtable section in the entire podcast. I mean, it would make all the other sections feel less important in comparison. If you're going to make an hour-long podcast, it's best to at least add another segment to the show to make it more interesting. But, that just me.

And why should I be in the Roundtable? Well, if we have to be in the same state for this, then I really can't help you there. But, if it can be done via the Internet, then I guess I could make a good guest opinion for Roundtable. I mean, I've only started playing Smash since Melee, but I am by NO means a casual gamer. I play games on other systems, too, but I still like Nintendo's systems the best so far (more specifically, the DS). Plus, my video game collection amounts to 70+ titles, which is a lot of video games. So, I guess I could provide my opinions on different aspects of Brawl and possibly compare them to how they are used in other games that I've played.

But again, that's just my way of thinking.

Oh, and BTW Youko, I'm a real music lover, too. I'm also a 10-year pianist, so I know quite a bit of stuff about music from Baroque to Contemporary music. No idea what that has to do with SMYN or Brawl, but I just wanted to bring it up.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Why I Should Be On The Round Table

Ill try not to seem like I'm bragging.
I have a realistic views about brawl but am open to new ideas. I did character reviews for a while on a thread in the character section not that that really matters alot. Im a hardcore gammer even though I pefer Nintendo over Sony and Microsoft. By hardcore I mean I do own an xbox 360 and wii but not a ps3. I watch the podcast every week like most people. I do compete in local melee tournaments but I usually lose in the first or second round.:lol:So thats it I hope you chose me.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
lol Blackadder

but yea Colb and John seem like they would do the job.

I dont know if i should do this im canadian and were in completly different time zones and i have school only if this was in the summer lol.

well goodluck guys or girls

edit: quested from Johnknight1. "Because i said do"

Top Bottom