• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Thank goodness, that alone should cut down on a good number of the threads regarding that in GBD...
Trust me Youko, it won't =P .

Anyways, here's my little two cents on Episode 15, now that I FINALLY got to hear it.

Well, the rundown was same as usual, straight info and an educated opinion on what different things mean for other areas of smash. An excellent analysis on Sonic if I may so myself. And then there was...ROUNDTABLE!

Really, I'm sure we all enjoyed the fact that it was an hour-long-in-depth discussion, but there were also a few negative points. I myself loved it because it was an awesome discussion, but I after a bit, I kind of had a bad taste in my mouth.

By the end of Roundtable, I felt as if I wasn't listening to SMYN anymore, and just a smash talk-show. I mean, that is kind of the basis of SMYN, but I didn't feel like it went together smoothly. I think the length had to do with the problem. The first Roundtable wasn't all that long, and it mixed well with the Episode. I would have no problem if SMYN was JUST Roundtable if it was going to be that long, but the length of it took away from the Episode imo. Wow I sound redundant. Maybe it was because the sound was different, there was no music, or the fact that without Roundtable the episode was quite short, but it still didn't feel right.

Either way, the Roundtable was really well done. I loved how you two analyzed the video's as well as online text reviews, it was VERY VERY in-depth and detailed. Also, I just adored how you guys discussed the LITTLE things about the demo. I mean, the colours and dynamics of the select screens, little icons and whatnot, I just felt as if you guys delivered exactly what I wanted to here.

All in all, it was a good episode discussion wise. I felt Roundtable stole ALL the spotlight in this Episode, as you can see above, but either way the discussion was really detailed and intelligent.

Great job Youko, and you too Samurai Panda!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I meant it like that would be the perfect thing to post in those kinds of threads.

Yeah, I appreciate the comments, PLK, but the point is we didn't intend to make it that long...we just tried to make it natural and not really worry about the time. But thanks for the comments on it!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I meant it like that would be the perfect thing to post in those kinds of threads.

Yeah, I appreciate the comments, PLK, but the point is we didn't intend to make it that long...we just tried to make it natural and not really worry about the time. But thanks for the comments on it!
Yeh I know it wasn't intentional, considering you two were talking about the length at the end and going "Whoa" =P . But still, I'm pretty sure you enjoy feedback on all areas.

I hope you guys don't mind the double post, but they're two completely different topics, so I feel it's best if I keep them seperate.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Why I'm Roundtable Material

Pyroloserkid here.

I'd like to start off by saying: What's with the lack of entries guys? I mean, this is a big opportunity, not to mention it's extremely cool and exciting. If I were you, I'd be jumping on this offer. Community involvement! -Tsk tsk.
Before I digress, I'd like to say that this isn't a popularity contest. Even if you're an unknown member to the boards, or are a rabid SMYN fan but have never posted in the thread, now would be the best time.

I think I would make a good Roundtable candidate for numerous reasons. I'm actually a really nice guy. Sure I can lose my temper sometimes, but it happens to the best of us, does it not? My girlfriend is constantly calling me a "Social Butterfly" because I tend to talk and make friends with someone new almost everyday. I'm also pretty humorous, which is one of the major reason why people like me and sort of gravitate towards me. I'm a "pick-me-up" kind of character, and always try and get everyone included. I do my best thinking on the spot, and silence is my worst enemy. I know when to speak my mind, and I know when to listen to others ideas and then elaborate.

Roundtable comes off as not so much a "spur-of-the-moment" kind of discussion, but more like a friend-to-friend chat on Brawl. Since Super Smash Bros. is a major topic of discussion amongst my friends and I, I'm pretty used to the Roundtable scenario.

I personally enjoy working on a team especially if I like who I teamed with. Youko, I've talked with you a few times, and even though I don't know you personally, I still think you're quite the personality and you come off as a fun-to-be-with person. Samurai Panda gives off a major intellectual vibe. This may be because he's the "Translator", but even so, he breaks down Smash to a point where even first time listeners are on the same page.

Now, I tend to be a funny guy. I'm well learned, and I know how to communicate and work with others effectively. I know how to have a good time and joke around, but I also know how to look at all the little details and come to a conclusion. I am a skilled Melee player, as well as a tourney go-er. In my opinion, the clash of us three would work together very well. Youko being the voice of the common smasher's opinion, Panda as being the intellectual and man of facts, and myself being just a bit of each.

I am constantly active on Smash World Forums. Even when I'm grounded, I still find a way on =P. I pop into every thread that interests me, and I give a well thought out opinion. I also like to take a peek into joke threads and spread some of my humor. If I may say so myself, I am a well-rounded guy, who loves Smash, loves to connect with fellow Smashers via any means possible, and I have a variety of personality traits that just allow me to clash with anyone and everyone.

My Brawl Viewpoint was well-received by listeners, judging my the PM's I've received, and I aspire to share my opinions and views on SMYN again. I seem to have a good radio/podcast personality, and I know how to analyze and speculate without going over the edge.

All in all, being on the Roundtable would be just amazing and I hope I've come across as a great personality. I hope you take this into consideration and not rush through my massive entry =] .

Thanks guys,
Pyroloserkid.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
WARNING: DEADLINE APPROACHING!

If you want to post your "application" for the Roundtable Trials, they are due by MIDNIGHT (EST) tonight, or basically, 8.5 hours from this timestamp! We will send out official PMs sometime tomorrow, and I will post here on the thread when that has been done.

Thanks!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Come on people! This isn't a popularity contest, send in an application!

It doesn't even matter if you have a mindset saying that "you won't make it" , just do it anyways, you never know.

Edit: I think I counted 7 Roundtable applications, not including mine. I was really hoping there'd be alot more involvement.

Actually, I EXPECTED alot more involvement =p .

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Wait, am I supposed to PM Youko instead of posting in the thread?

.....I guess I should go back into the topic and find my "application", if that's what you honestly want to call it.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
OMG YES!!!! FINALLY!! its finally on itunes. Ive been waiting for forever. the link doesnt work on my computer, so the only way I can listen to it is by itunes.

HALLELIJAH(yea, i know its not spelt right)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wait, am I supposed to PM Youko instead of posting in the thread?

.....I guess I should go back into the topic and find my "application", if that's what you honestly want to call it.
You don't have to do that. Youko was saying that HE's going to send out PM's saying who he and Samurai Panda have chosen.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Youko and Samurai Panda will hold trials like this for EVERY roundtable? Hopefully everyone will have a chance to get in eventually

Scribble

Smash Rookie
No harm in trying. It would be fun. I've been a lurker for pretty long (I hang around NeoGAF's Smash Bros. Boards mostly), so I created an account just for this.

I have to admit -- I'm not that clued up when it comes to technical aspects such as analysis of gameplay mechanics and whatnot . I am, however, pretty well versed with my Nintendo history and franchises, and games in general. (Can you believe that I'm ACTUALLY on a "Nintendo Franchise Catchup Marathon", where I'm playing through Nintendo's history -- So I'm more or less revising for Brawl in the same way you would revise for a Maths exam. Cor blimey, what a loser).

So, er, I should be useful when it comes to pointless character inclusion debates, or stuff to do with the fanservicey elements in Brawl. And to flip around that whole " I'm lame at competitive play" thing, maybe a perspective from a non-hardcore-tourney-player would round off the roundtable well. Hmm.

I would try to describe my personality, but I'd probably be off the mark. "You're just....you" a lot of my friends have told me. I'm not a joker or anything, but I have a good sense of humour and I like laughing (Doesn't mean that I'll be s******ing obnoxiously every few seconds, though). I can speak well, but because I'm from London and all, I'd have to make sure that I enunciate my words extra clearly and whatnot. But I can do that.

Seeya soon.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
- The applications are posted here in the forums so both SamuraiPanda and I have immediate access to them.

- The last podcast states very explicitly twice that this is not a permanent spot, but for Ep. 17 only.

- Regarding iTunes, I don't know what took so long for you. It was up for me pretty much as soon as I blogged it.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Roundtable

I've been playing Smash ever since the 64 and I got SSBM when it was first released and I've been playing it ever since. I have many views and opinions regarding the professional aspects as well as the casual aspects of Smash because I have experienced both. I have a good speaking voice (because I'm sure that's needed when it's completely audio and Live) so I'm quite clear when I speak. I watch the Brawl updates closely and check each one every day.

I feel I would contribute greatly to the Roundtable because it would give a different view from Americans (I'm Canadian) so it will be very interesting to have an intercontinental discussion on Smash and the like. I'm intelligent and think very logically about many things as opposed to many others that may just be too excited for Brawl to calm down enough and think about the game enough to analyze it properly with depth.

Now, as much of a robot that makes me sound, I am definitely not plain. I am very warm when I speak and put various tones into my voice and will make it feel like I'm sitting right next to you when I speak. I'm a good guy and I know when to make a joke and when to take a joke.

Even if you don't choose me to participate in the Roundtable I'm glad I was able to tell you a bit about myself and to be considered later for other episodes of SMYN.

Thanks again for your time and consideration

worldjem7

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Awesome! I'm a Canadian as well! I wonder if there's ANY difference between Smash in Canada and the US.

Well...I guess most pros are American huh?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Awesome! I'm a Canadian as well! I wonder if there's ANY difference between Smash in Canada and the US.

Well...I guess most pros are American huh?
Dude lol don't you remember me from Starfurry? We even talked about SMYN when we met lol.

I was like "oh so YOU'RE Pyroloserkid! I'm worldjem7"

We faced each other in pools, I was the Marth with the dark hair.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Well, I had stated before that I did not have a microphone handy, but I recalled that my brother did a lot fo voice recording stuff before we moved, and all of his stuff, at least, most of his stuff is situated in my basement. I will be going down there tomorrow to look for his stuff, and hopefully locate his mic. For this reason, I'll be throwing myself in the race for the Guest Spot in Episode 17. I have a long history with Smash, and I am a huge fan of many other series. Call me the 'Gamer of all trades'. While my knowledge on all things PS2 is limited, I still have an alright understanding of most games on there, at least, the most popular, such as MGS and Final Fantasy.

I'm telling you this, because we may get into other third party involvement, so I may as well show I can have just as formidable opinion as anyone. I also have many other views I can relate on, such as Tournament play, in which I am running a tournament series this December to February labeled 'Farewell to Melee', 'The Final Moments', and on the last Friday before Brawl, 'The Last Smash'.

I am slightly talkative, so it is a very good idea to do the test run, so that I may learn how to discuss with you two about Smash. Note that where I live, not many people can take a long conversation about Smash, because they'd much rather play *shudder* Card games...

So tell me if you think I may be a good idea for the Next RoundTable, I'll be waiting! (Or tearing up the basement looking for a god forsaken Microphone, whichever comes first.)

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
==============APPLICATION==============
Hey guys! This is SonicSpeed comin at ya with a hope of being on the Round Table! Now why you may ask do I want to be on The Round Table and why I think I would make a great addition? One point is that I am very active in theater and film being an actor and director. I have a very clear speaking voice and have a very large extent of movie and video game knowledge. I think I would bring a younger point of view (not to the point of being a kiddie point though, I am 15) to the Round table. I am sort of a class clown, but I know when jokes are appropreate and when they aren't. As for Smash knowlede, I got Smash 64 the day it came out and have been playing Smash ever sence. Thanks for reading this everyone and I hope I can help you out!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lol Blackadder

but yea Colb and John seem like they would do the job.

I dont know if i should do this im canadian and were in completly different time zones and i have school only if this was in the summer lol.

well goodluck guys or girls

edit: quested from Johnknight1. "Because i said do"
Well, good luck to you Kent, and good luck to any other entrie. Also, don't forget Wiseguy. I think he's got apretty good shot as well.

Why I shouldn't be in Roundtable.

- I haven't even got bloody sound.

Dammit close!

Anyways guys be prepared for either Mega man 9, Street fighter 4 or Mega man in Brawl this week ; )
The middle. Which ROCKS! YES! Hopefully we'll get the first and last sometime in the near future! :) So ya, good luck to everyone entering the contest. (Including myself...because I said so! :laugh:)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
All right, if it hasn't been noticed yet, I've updated the release time estimate on the first page to around 6:00-7:00 EST. I'm going home this weekend, so I'm going to be away from my computer, but I feel confident enough to still get the podcast done close to that time.

I've gotten some really solid BVs, but for the BV this week, I'm going to be using the reports that I'm hopefully going to be getting from a few people who are attending E for All. That will be the extent of SMYN's coverage on the event. So I apologize that I can't use your BV this week if you sent one in recently, but I hope you understand.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Contest!? What contest?

Anyways if SFIV comes out for Wii then the Wii would be the BEST console for fighting games...

Er and good luck with the pod Youko!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*ANNOUNCEMENT*
The official PMs for the Roundtable Trials have been sent out. Congratulations to those who received them!

Please do not be discouraged if you did not receive one. There were only three invitations that were sent out and oh so many applicants. Remember that this is not a permanent space and there will be more trials in the future. SamuraiPanda and I both want to make it explicitly clear that you don't have to be a big name on the boards and have thousands of posts to make it in the Roundtable. Part of our reasoning that went into selecting the people we did for this first week was their overall dedication so far to SMYN, because you all have to realize that we want to get this started on the best foot that we can.

The intent is for the Roundtable Trials to be posted in the same general timeframe as this week's episode, so you all may vote to help decide who you want to hear on the Roundtable based on their contributions in the trial and overall flow!

Again, congrats to those selected!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ok, so we get to vote on the trials this Sunday? So will it be just you and Samurai again for the roundtable this weekend?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Please recall that Roundtable and Mailtime alternate weeks. Since last week had Roundtable, this week will feature Mailtime.

But yes, hopefully Sunday you will get to vote on the trials. No promises though, they might be a little late.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
If you submitted an application and didn't win do you have to write another for the next trials?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, I suppose. I guess that means I'll need to make a list of who's already applied then...:p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey Youko, i have an idea for the podcast in the easter egg section. How about "Duet"? people can ask or you can choose someone from the boards to do a duet with you. one can play an instrument while the other sings, both can sing, or both can use an instrument? it's be a fun side project for an easter egg. what do ya think?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
hey Youko, i have an idea for the podcast in the easter egg section. How about "Duet"? people can ask or you can choose someone from the boards to do a duet with you. one can play an instrument while the other sings, both can sing, or both can use an instrument? it's be a fun side project for an easter egg. what do ya think?
Perhaps later in the year, but not when I'm so busy like I am now. I'll keep it in mind.

Thats a good idea Colb and nice avvy Youko!
Thanks, I bet you can't guess where it's from! :p (Thanks again so much!!)

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Then count me out of it. I can't sing to save my own life! I mean, the last time I sang something, I almost made someone's ears bleed...

Top Bottom