• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Florida

イーグランツ
Alright! Sent in my E For All related Brawl Viewpoint!
Hope three pages is long enough, I tried to give as much info as I could!

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
a suggestion for a working only wii remote scheme (dont know if anyone put this on someother thread or something but) to put controller vertically so the B button would be alot easier to access and the D-pad would be reconfigured so it works horizantally.

example you right hand would holdf the "B" button to shield "A" is still taunting(might be awkward but the A could be used as jumping and taunting would be - or + ) the D-Pad would be used for moving(so looking in horizantal perspective DOWN would now be LEFT, LEFT would now be UP etc) and your left hand would be holding the 1 and 2 buttons as attack and special

just a suggestion

Sariku

Smash Master

Not Really, but I knew this would get your attention :laugh:

But for what I really need to say... The official SHOW ME YOUR NEWS!! website is up and running! You ask why we need a website for the podcast? I mean, we can just download it or something. But what about those Wii or... PSP (Whatever that is) users who can't listen to it. This will let them. It is officially tested on my Wii, and all links work.

Well, here it is. Show Me Your News!! Reincarnate.

The Officiall "Show Me Your News!!" Podcast Site.

Beware, it's Freewebs.

Sariku

Smash Master

But for what I really need to say... The official SHOW ME YOUR NEWS!! website is up and running! You ask why we need a website for the podcast? I mean, we can just download it or something. But what about those Wii or... PSP (Whatever that is) users who can't listen to it. This will let them. It is officially tested on my Wii, and all links work.

Beware, it's Freewebs.
I'm only reposting this since It was posted as the last post on the previous page...

@Silver, thanks, I was feeling bad for Legolastorm, and accually somewhat inspired.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice

Beware, it's Freewebs.
YAY first like new charecter WTF then aww no new charecter then anger for outing new charecter thing up then happiness for smyn website

Legolastom

Smash Hero
YES!! Thank you Sariku better go and watch an episode now... (Or at least soon : P)

Edit: Well WhatDoYaKnow it doesn't actually work from the Wii...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Whenever one of the podcast's pages are loading a thing pops up and says something like "Not enough internal flash memory, reload page" I was reloading the page for like 5 minutes and still didn't work.

Sariku

Smash Master
Whenever one of the podcast's pages are loading a thing pops up and says something like "Not enough internal flash memory, reload page" I was reloading the page for like 5 minutes and still didn't work.
Reply to my PM, Or better yet, Talk to me on MSN, I'll try to get it fixed out.

Sariku

Smash Master
Double Post, I know >.>

I am testing all the episodes right now. Your problem isn't uncommon Legolastorm.

The only ones that work is Episodes 1,2,3,4, and 5. The rest are accually too long for the Wii to take.

But that is awkward. I was watching a flash movie on Newgrounds on my Wii a few days ago...

I really don't know what to say then Legolastorm. Youko just makes too long of an episode, XDDD.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet

Beware, it's Freewebs.
Awesome, Sariku. Now I can download them on my PSP even easier. (I'm getting an iPod Touch this Christmas. Those things are better than PSPs anyways...)

OFF TOPIC: This is a bit of old news, but was this your reaction when you found out that Sonic was in Brawl?
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5407/braaawwwwlllllpj4.png

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I love these podcasts, but man would it be awesome to get them before I went to work on Sundays so I'd have something to do when I'm not cooking when its slow. I'm outsourcing to Gimpy/Mike Hazes E for All impressions podcast untill 16 is downloadable 0.o too bad their wimpy little podcast is like 10 minutes.

SMYN>Crack?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey Sariku is it possible to upload the longer pod casts in parts? Like each part being 20 Mins long?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
can't wait to hear Youko. well, at least my title had some recognition. but E for Brawl sounds better. kudos to johnknight
Ya, I stole Sariku's idea, but made it better. E for All in Brawl, then E for Brawl...it justs rhymes, and sounds good. And thanks! :)

I hope I don't hear words like "ink drop" in your Podcast....
Let's not spread it around the internet even more through soundwaves....
C'mon...Ink Drop is a hilarious name, though they should change it to wave knigtht! C'mon, that's a perfect name for a advanced tech! :laugh:

Beware, it's Freewebs.
Great job Sariku. I think Wii and PSP owners (the later is only justified by MGS: PO and PO+) who want to listen to the podcast owe you a big thanks. Way to make it hearable to more people Sariku! :) However, for the longer and later effects, I suggest you break them down into parts, like Epsidoe 6 Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, as Legolastom suggested. But still, you did a great job, and great justice to this great podcast! ;) You have show us your moves! (couldn't resist) :laugh:

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
i think that after mario and sonic beat the sub space, it will go something like this:

they appear on final destination

sonic-"alright mario its finally time to settle our rivalry and end this once and for all"

mario shakes head-"hmp"

they both get ready, run, then jump into each other.

sonic"all right"
mario"here we go"

and then it ends right there

or the other way:

sonic shakes mario's hand then thanks mario for helping him

sonic "dont worry ill be back to fight you agian some day"(or something like that)

sonic goes though worm hole and says goodbye
sonic disappears and then it ends right there.

Either way would be asome

hey youko what do you think of this ending i thought of it about two posts ago or something. anyways what ya think of the sonic/mario sub space endings

by the way maybe you should start thinking about character beggingings/ endings for the sub space
just a suggestion

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Sonic smash down... That had almost nothing to do with SMYN at all. I can see you tried to make it such, but just know that there will be little to no talking in Smash brothers, Like always. We make get the occasion 'Show me your moves!' or "Come on!", but there will not be full dialogue anywhere.

I'm perfectly aware that my post, as well, has little to nothing to do with the podcast or the topic of, but it is to warn him about being as close to the topic as possible.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Podcast in probably 45 minutes from this timestamp, I know you're all awaiting it. And thanks for being patient when I've had a hellacious weekend.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Let us all remember this quote. Youko is doing this because he wants too, not because he is obligated to the audience to do so.

Same goes to Sakurai.
$ -> Sakurai

Not quite sure I agree with you there. He's not necessarily doing us a favor. If I remember right, he was surprised at the announcement that he was going to be making Brawl - it was kinda forced on him. Don't get me wrong, he's the guy behind the brilliant game Melee, I give him a lot of credit. Just... the same does not necessarily apply.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
$ -> Sakurai

Not quite sure I agree with you there. He's not necessarily doing us a favor. If I remember right, he was surprised at the announcement that he was going to be making Brawl - it was kinda forced on him. Don't get me wrong, he's the guy behind the brilliant game Melee, I give him a lot of credit. Just... the same does not necessarily apply.
He could just as soon not give us Dojo Updates...

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Sonic smash down... That had almost nothing to do with SMYN at all. I can see you tried to make it such, but just know that there will be little to no talking in Smash brothers, Like always. We make get the occasion 'Show me your moves!' or "Come on!", but there will not be full dialogue anywhere.

I'm perfectly aware that my post, as well, has little to nothing to do with the podcast or the topic of, but it is to warn him about being as close to the topic as possible.

srry dude i was just makin a sugg.:urg: and actually i have been reading on a couple of threads that they are trying to get voices in like i suggested on my other quote(not quite sure if they are goin to do that though)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
He isn't the one giving us updates mind you. He has people that have been hired to do just that. They pick certain things to update onto the site, and then translate them to every language the site offers.

Snakz

Smash Ace
He isn't the one giving us updates mind you. He has people that have been hired to do just that. They pick certain things to update onto the site, and then translate them to every language the site offers.
So i take it you dont believe this?

"This is the official site for the Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl — a place where I offer personal, straight-from-the-creator reports on the project."
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)

Sure, he's probably not doing the translations, but it's not like those who are doing the translations are making up the posts

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
And lessen the hype for the game and make less monies...?

Again I'm not trying to say he's a bad person or shallow or what not, but he's not necessarily doing this voluntarily out of the kindness of his heart.

SMYN is a non-profit project d; Youko's doing it for us, the fellow smash fans.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
So i take it you dont believe this?

"This is the official site for the Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl — a place where I offer personal, straight-from-the-creator reports on the project."
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)

Sure, he's probably not doing the translations, but it's not like those who are doing the translations are making up the posts
In one of the demo videos the instructor tells the people that he's been really busy creating and translating the updates. He then goes on to explain the relevance to that and the demo, but I forget what he said. Want me to find the video?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ IGN and GameSpot have the videos. At least one guy translates i (the American English and maybe the UK English one), and probably more do the Spanish, French, Dutch, and German Dojo sites. ;)

Snakz

Smash Ace
In one of the demo videos the instructor tells the people that he's been really busy creating and translating the updates. He then goes on to explain the relevance to that and the demo, but I forget what he said. Want me to find the video?
No, ive seen the video, i know what your talking about, sure (aside from the translators) Sakurai aint doing these updates by himself, im sain he decides whats gonna be shown on that day's update (obviously), and the technical people (like the guy in the video) make the update happen

So yes, they are coming straight from Sakurai

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
srry dude i was just makin a sugg.:urg: and actually i have been reading on a couple of threads that they are trying to get voices in like i suggested on my other quote(not quite sure if they are goin to do that though)
well, Snake speaks, right? so why not the other characters? honestly what kinda coversation is Snake talking and Link grunting? while, ya, pokemon cant talk(pika pika) other characters can...that would be cool.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Youko, where are you?? i've been putting off my work so i can listen to SMYN!

Please excuse my impatience :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The episode has now been blogged. My apologies for those if only the stream works (I don't know why the blog wouldn't...), but ESnips is having issues with the .mp3. Go figure.

Anyhow, enjoy!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm at the viewpoint right now. too bad my computer's sound is very static (i think it's my fault, i got angry....) but it's good

week sucked, but the weekend was good with E for All. self explanatory, so i won't go into the Rundown.

mailtime...pretty good. i was surprised to hear what silver sounds like, since i haven't heard her...ever, and she's a big part of club Ridley. but i guess i can answer your questions

Super Power-Psychic Powers definetely. the ability to float, read minds, hell i could use my powers to go fast anyway and stop you in your track Youko. i win!
Idol-surprised to hear yours is a sport person. mine...Shigeru Miyamoto. ever since i heard he made Mario and Link (big fan of both characters) and the fact i want to be a game designer, he's been the person i idolize.
Sonic voice actor-don't care really

now i'm near the end. egruntz, nice job. it would of been better for me if i haven't been here all weekend hearing all the news, but good

EDIT: done. good job youko as always. when are the trial Rundown segments going to be up?

Top Bottom