• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
that was a asome episode youko. Nice job. think you can mention my question i sent you next time. anyways that was worth the wait

hmmm my super power huh.............i guess it would have to be.............hmm.......between pk powers(PK FIRE!!!!!!!) LOL or...... yeah i would have to say super sonic speed(have to agree with ya there youko that would be a nice power to have).........by the way dont give me crap about that sonic name i have im just agreeing that super speed would be a nice power

That somewhat reminded me of a game my friends and me used to play LOL

Snakz

Smash Ace
Dude, i would totally pick telekinesis as my power

Very nice job Youko! and yea, those booth babes made me wanna cut my ears off, ugh!

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good cast, it's only really hurt by the crap week of updates, and as always, Youko did his best with what he was given. Very nice job egruntz as well.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Nice! That iTunes screenshot is awesome...

We're having trouble getting one trial done...so I'm really unsure when I'll be able to post them all...within the next couple days though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Rundown: AHHH...big stages=anti-Roy. :( And glad Meowth is back...as only a NPC. (sorry Meowth fans) Little Mac...was sad, but predictable. He seems neat as a AT at least. XD Peach's Final Smash...is wierd. Too much demo knownledge. We know so much already! We need like a huge update...5,000 updates in one day, maybe! :laugh:

Homerun-CONTEST: Ya, it's pretty neat, actually. This seems pretty cool. It all seems much better than Melee, and is a huge improvement, with the more combos, duos, and online wi-fi capability. I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA! The online competitions sound neat...maybe I'll participate! :) It all seems very awsome, as we'll get more online...hopefully. Online would be awsome in most modes, if not all! I think it isn't a bad idea to be VERY, VERY, VERY hopeful with online! :)

Control Scheme with the sideways Wiimote: It's okay, but it's like a NES controller, with a side of the SNES controller from wat I heard. It seems kinda odd, but I think it will be possible. It just takes work, just like wavedashing. the - button isn't too bad, while the + is a pause. A is taunt.... - should be Z, while - is taunt. Or at least, that is wat I'll do. It isn't that bad...the B button. The control pad...meah. If we've played with the SNES controller or a NES controller, we are used to it. After a long time, it will be useful. It's probably the most inferior control, and it takes a lot of work to rearrange. Hopefully there is some modded controller, like a control stick instead of a d-pad, the - and + buttons bigger, and maybe a jump button.

The Rundown: 8/10

Wavedashing is Gone...but new at the same time! It's sorta back...maybe. We need to find out using the GCN controller. :)

Mailtime: Wavedashing is going to be odd without, but we can coop. We have wavelanding, which is good enough IMO. Each character intro video...keep it for big characters=3rd party characters.

Colbusman: 1.Speed...awsome.2.Modest and Humble...definitely. But don't forget the Kirby music...in Japan! 3.Payton Manning...the Colts...no Steve Young or Joe Montant (49ers ftw). 4. The angle of hits is very diffrent. The attacks and everything are working real, real well.

Silver777: Sonic's voice Ryan Drumman...should be the voice, but meah. Jason Riffer...he doesn't sound as good. I heard it a lot, in a Sonic confirmed in Brawl video I made. It doesn't SOUND DIFFRENT, but I understand. Ryan Drumman was fired by SEGA, and that would be a bad move by Nintendo.

Mailtime: 6/10...I was hoping for more!

Brawl Viewpoints by egruntz: Follow the orders..woaw, lol. Your mom running too, lmao! That's great. The game is fun...and like a mix...intresting. Link can run, has more range, and has more power...AWSOME! Final Smashes...woaw, you guys got crazy over that! XD No slow motion effect, and Link is good. That's good...Mario, Link, and Fox=my new mains (almost).

Items: Latios and Latias dashing and harming enemies....most powerful0 Pokéball Pokémon, and Dexoys isn't that good. Goldeen, HAHAHAHA! Some girl in a yellow ninja suit...WTF?...that ALMOST SOUNDS FAMILAR! The lightning bolt...lol.

Advanced Techniques: Wavedashing...is by, and the Air dodging is nerfed..slightly...ahh well. Jump after airdodging! YES! and yae to wavelanding, L-cancelling is almost automatic, and short hopping and shuffling is in the game. Meteors in, but no meteor cnacels...yet. DI....YES! The Ink Drop...lol, love the name. Jump out of Shield. And don't forget Edge Hugging! XD

Stages: Norfair was fun...that's good. The lava sounds kinda wierd, but I can deal. GRABABLE LEDGES! YES! The Halberd...sounds good to me. The main platforms are like Congo Jungle 64. And lol...hosts/booth babes, lol! THEY SUCK! I was going to pay for their deaths...but no one got rid of them for me. Don't make me "Make you a offer you can't refuse!" :laugh:

Brawl Viewpoint Rating: 6.5/10...I like hearing people's voices.

AND WE NEED CAPN...CAPN' CRUNCH! XD

Pikachu! PRESS 1! PRESS 1! PRESS 1! Press 1 FOX! PRESS 1 FOX! You forgot "Get the ball!" :laugh:

God those girls need to die! :laugh:

Extras: 8.5/10

Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Good week. Good podcast! :)

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
My Power would be flight with great speed control(and invisibility if I could pick two).

I'm sure I could make an awesome living off of that.
Some sort of delivery boy maybe?
And getting to convention and events would be so easy.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
i actually like kicking the sandbag's a$$ when i was bored im happy they added the sheild.......i dont mind if the wii remote sucks because im goin wit the gamecube controller(its alot easier anyways)

seriously three buttons for a smash attack come on they could of thought that out alittle better. O well im using the game cube controller anyways so im fine. plus i would hate switching and then training my but off agian for a simple control over the character

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well...technically you can still use only two. it's just another option if you don't like it.

and i forgot about this. you use the X/Y buttons for jumping? i only use those when i wavedash. i use up on the control stick to jump. it's easier for me to control and i leave my fingers ready for aerial attacks and special attacks. i like using the stick for my movements

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Mind control/mind reading, for me. When you can know what people are thinking and make them do what you want, there's no end to what you can do.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu! PRESS 1! PRESS 1! PRESS 1! Press 1 FOX! PRESS 1 FOX! You forgot "Get the ball!" :laugh:
Youko may have forgotten "Get the ball!", but it was in there... though not very loudly. (37:31-33) What was left out was "Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!!!" Oops.

The quality was pretty good for off-campus/location. Glad it turned out well.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
hmm mind control huh.............nice one /thinking/ hahaha now that i know what power to wish for i can rub the lamp, wish for the power, and rule the world...............................................................................................................

/rubs lamp and makes wish/ hahaha now youko i demand you to go to sakurai and get all the updates that will come in the next month and make a podcast right now!!!!!!

LOL JUST KIDDIN (i wish)

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Nice episode as always. But whats this? You didn't answer my Mailtime question? I is heartbroken! :laugh: Naw, not really...

Hm, Superpower... speed is nice, I don't know what else I would have.

As for Sonic's old voice actor, I'm a little indifferent since I haven't played the newer Sonic games, however Knuckles' new voice from what I hear is horrible, which saddens my soul.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sooo, after the reaction it's getting on the blog, I have to ask...

This wasn't a bad week, right? I mean, I went through an immense amount of crap this weekend, but did it show in the podcast? I tried to have it not...:(

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432

This wasn't a bad week, right? I mean, I went through an immense amount of crap this weekend, but did it show in the podcast? I tried to have it not...:(
Bah. I didn't pick up a molecule of it, you did well.

As for powers, hmm..telekinesis for sure.

I've always pretended I could lift objects and stuff as a kid :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
definitly technology manipulation. think micah from heroes, but you don't have to touch the thing, and its instant.

just imagine the possibilities. with a world based on modern technology, you'd be so powerful. plus i could easily program any character i want into brawl :p

i'm almost sure there was a reason for meta-knights delay, otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned on the update. thats hardly modest. and they need to take everything from the demo, and put it all in one big update. and start putting more veterans on. i've got a nice question for you, which i hope you answer next mailtime.

and just because we had a crappy week doesn't mean it was a crappy podcast. plus, crappy weeks are usually followed by better weeks, and we got a cool stage already.

i'm also glad how the brawl veiwpoint was handled, we can just go to the threads if we need advanced technique info.

and on the havok, i heard that you actually act differently in the water now (delfino plaza) and you swim or something. it was strange.

and i'm hoping for a multiplayer board the platforms and break the targets, one where both people play at the same time in a stage of choice, and whoever boards the most platforms/breaks the most targets wins. that would also be nice for "with anyone". and co-op multiman melee, i mean multiman brawl? instant win.

can't wait for this weeks podcast, interested to hear your view on the whole pictochat/icon.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

far from it. it's just been a crappy week and a long weekend filled with numerous new s***, so i think people are just angry. the podcast was excellent. don't think otherwise

and on the havok, i heard that you actually act differently in the water now (delfino plaza) and you swim or something. it was strange.
i've seen it. you can actually swim this time. neat information

and i'm hoping for a multiplayer board the platforms and break the targets, one where both people play at the same time in a stage of choice, and whoever boards the most platforms/breaks the most targets wins. that would also be nice for "with anyone". and co-op multiman melee, i mean multiman brawl? instant win.
you reminded me there about the multiplayer for the Mario Advance games, the original Mario Bros. there was a bonus round in two player where you could collect coins for points, and i'd always try and find some way to grab 1 more coin (well, how it played out i had 2 more coins) than my partner. i think it would be a blast to have something like that, but they should have 5-10 different stages apart from the character specific ones for you to play on, and they should extend the # of targets/platforms from 10 to 20. that would be excellent to try out. multiplayer in the single player modes are always a blast if done right

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Just listened to the Episode, and this week was very well done. I kinda had a bad taste in my mouth from Episode 15 (and not because I was in it, haha very funny) , but this episode was just excellent. The quality was great even if it wasn't the usual, and the mailtime and Booth Babe impressions were hilarious.

Rockin sounds pimp and Silver sounds really smart =] .

Good review iGrunt.

Youko, you brightened up another boring week. =]

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
1. My superpower would probably be either super-speed because I'm a better swimmer than I am a runner, telekinesis because it would make things in my life much easier, or casting a field of silence so I can somewhat go un-noticed.

2. My idol? I'm not really sure. I guess it would be PianoSquall (a rather famous cosplayer who is an excellent pianist), because I've played the piano for about 10 years now, and his performances inspired me to be the best I can be.

3. About Sonic's voice actor, I really don't give two s##ts about the whole debate. Sure, Ryan isn't as good as Jason, but hey, it's good enough for me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Not at all, we just love the roundtable too much. :laugh: You went from a 80 minute episode to a 40 minute episode, so I think that is why they reacted that. BTW, if they give you crap, leave them to ~His Knightlyness Himself~, Mario's Brawl dB air (the new Peach's Melee dSmash+Fox's Melee shine), and Fox's Melee shine! :laugh:

And my super power would be the ability to control people through telekenisis. I would control Sakurai to have Roy return, decloned, and he would be yet another GOD TIER CHARACTER! njk...I love me some Roy. :laugh:

sonic smash down

Smash Lord

dude youko it was really good. dont even think about it we all knew you had crap to deal with over the weekend and personally with this weeks updates you did alot better than some of your other podcasts. JUST DON'T QUIT MAKING THEM FOR US K??????:laugh:

i just looked on the dojo and i saw something i somewhat didnt expect.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... PICTOCHAT STAGE.....i was like what the **** ASOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

something you should definitly get you, panda, and the guest to really talk about..........what pictures, how they affect the stage, blah blah blah, ect.
and maybe you can read my message this time youko(i hope) cause im really wondering about that

SniperRy

Smash Apprentice
1: I think i'd pick Flight as my super power. I think it would be just amazing to be able to get away from everyone at a moments notice. Telekinesis would be cool but i think i'd like mind controll/reading better.

2: I guess my idol would have to be Some of my teachers just for showing me many things that opened my eyes to a lot of different options for my future.

3: I really don't have an opinion of who sonic's voice actor is, i mean i'm used to not hearing the voices of my favorite video game characters.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Did you say frenetic? What is this the middle ages? :D

You sounded like Napoleon Dynamite when said "uh". Nice podcast as usual.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Rawr, is the download up yet? The current "Download" is the steam..

I anna review the cast, dammit! Rawr!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Right-click on the download link and "Save Target/Link As" and you can download the mp3...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Right-click on the download link and "Save Target/Link As" and you can download the mp3...
I would, but the "Download" link is incorrect.
Try it youself man, it shall result in extreme lulz! ;)

..and then you can put up the REAL link. XD

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hey Youko,

Sorry for the extreme delay with this post, but because I've been so busy, I haven't gotten to listen to episode 14 until now. Anyway, don't know if it's been said already, but the ~30% damage from MK's overB is WRONG. Watching frame by frame, you can clearly see that Kirby was struck by MK's overB and Peach's Ftilt. MK was hit by this move as well, and MK took 11% damage, which leaves Kirby taking 17%...not 28%. Sound good?

If anyone else has already pointed that out...-sigh-...I'm just behind the times.

Nice cute Kirby voice. =3

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
"The people aren’t the most experienced and they tend to read off scripts and it doesn’t come very professional"

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see it on a big site, but there's several backhanded statements that to me overshadow the main compliment. But whatever, it's cool, thanks for the notification!

And thanks for the heads up on MK's side-B, makes him seem less broken, doesn't it...:p

Top Bottom