• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
gee, it was hard to decide, but i'm gonna have to go with colbusman here.

oh, and just an interesting tidbit of info, meta-knight himself looks like a good guy. thats because in the subspace emmisary update, you see him fighting primid in a pic

why would he fight them if he were a good guy?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
rogue primid? perhaps in over his head? who knows.

This is ahrd. I think I'll have to go Colbus, because he jsut seemed to have a better flow. Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but just think about it when you're talking, and you'll gt over the "um"

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
rogue primid? perhaps in over his head? who knows.

This is ahrd. I think I'll have to go Colbus, because he jsut seemed to have a better flow. Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but just think about it when you're talking, and you'll gt over the "um"
see, i can actually explain the "um's". i have this weird thing where i'm always thinking two steps ahead of myself. so i may be talking about one thing, but in my mind i remember "Oh yeah! i should mention that post i saw!" problem is, i forget things...easily, and so i have to think a little to remember what i was talking about, therefore i saw "um" a lot.

but i'll work on that

Blackadder

Smash Master
DeDeDe... don't count my first review I did for him in Who's In XDDD.

But am the only person who isn't a DeDeDe fan?
wooo hoooo!!!! Dedede made it in!!!
Awh, come on guys, I know last time ya'll totally ignored my plea that you post comments like that on the OMG thread, but come on. Remember this?

Hey, guys, this isn't really meant to be a general discussion Brawl thread. If you want to talk about the game itself, there are plenty of threads in this room that are almost certainly already covering the same thing you want to talk about. Please keep this thread to podcast-related comments (even if they're just about how you think Youko should integrate something into his show, or to offer talking points, or whatever). Thanks.
Pleeeeease post in the respective threads? Kirby King is on to it all now, so you just have more chance of causing chaos for yourselves.

Blackadder

Smash Master
RAWR.

Stop discussing DEDEDE!
Ma man.

Please don't get an attitude, we were just talking about king DeDeDe FOR A WHILE okay?
True, but really, and I've said this at least 538 times now, There are already threads and threads and threads to do that on!

Come on guys, I hate to yap on like this, but it'll stop this thread getting any harsh rules placed on it, and you guys won't get infractions. If you really wanna reply to something like "Who hates Dedede" PM said user.

This is, and in all honestly should only be, a place to talk about the PODbasy.
Come on...it'll be epic!

*Looks down below me*
*bursts into tears!*

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
speaking of dedede i knew he would be in i just really didnt care or like him(im goin to take him down wit kirby and meta knight)

but seriously i wonder if getting a new character like that right now is a good thing shouldnt have they done ganadorf or c.f. first before ddd

srry im just wondering if introducing ddd right now is a good thing?(its actually for the podcast)

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I preferred Johnknight1, he seemed to know what he was talking about more - mentioning the "Golden Smash Emblems", and I'd like to listen to him more.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Thank God this week has been strong. I expected one or two more slow weeks due to the unannounced residuals of E for All, but apparently Sakurai is not taking the easy way out. If tomorrow's update is close to as good as todays (and Friday updates after really good Thursdays have tended to be epic) this should be an excellent Podcast this weekend.

Scribble

Smash Rookie
I liked both. However, I give the slight edge to Colbus. He seems to discuss a lot about the non-technical elements about Brawl. i.e. Info about Nintendo franchises, all the fanservicey stuff, which is cool for listeners like me. Nice job.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
Thank God this week has been strong. I expected one or two more slow weeks due to the unannounced residuals of E for All, but apparently Sakurai is not taking the easy way out. If tomorrow's update is close to as good as todays (and Friday updates after really good Thursdays have tended to be epic) this should be an excellent Podcast this weekend.
I see a Franklin Badge update on Friday. Ugh.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord

i gree man, especially wit the guest speaker. **** THIS WEEK IS ONE OF THE BEST WEEKS YET. can't wait for the podcast........................................................................................................hey youko is there goin to be a delay this week like last week? just wonderin if your still at your house or at the campus???:ohwell:

anyways good luck this week is definitly goin to be a good week
(now all i got to do is get all my homework done so i have notin over the weekend)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
sorry i am not around much but i am pretty busy these days :\

I vote for colbusman beacause he is a fellow Ridley fan. and for other stuff too.

(Ireally didn't hear the trails so, uh....er.....DeDeDe rocks!! AM I RITE?!?)
But I'm a (hardcore) Ridley supporter too. :( I think I should have mentioned probably and possible characters and how they could have a huge and important impact on the story. I think I wasn't the normal loveable Johnknight1 is that sense to be honest. Because if I pull the Ridley button...ya know, some people don't like him. I was thinking about mentioning Meta Knight and how King Dedede could be in the story, but I stuck with the Halberd stupid running thing (perfect boss fight place).

I preferred Johnknight1, he seemed to know what he was talking about more - mentioning the "Golden Smash Emblems", and I'd like to listen to him more.
^ YES! Got a vote! :)

And I'll be sure to take your guy's well-structured critism to heart. Even if i lose, this isn't the last you'll see of this Knight on this podcast, definitely! :p

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
i had to pic colb cuz of the ending

Peace out and such.

i couldnt stop laughing i dono why... mabye have a 4 person round table for ****s and giggles
3 people was kind of awkward enough.
With 2 people, when one person pauses the other one can go.
With 3 people, when one person pauses there's a little conflict cause the other 2 doesn't know whether or not to go. There's got to be cues like "What do you think Youko?" And stuff like that.
With 4 people they'd better have GREAT chemistry or it'll just go downhill.
I'm sure 3 people will work just fine though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
NO WAY will there be a four-person Roundtable EVER. Honestly, try organizing one of these sometime and see how that goes. Three is arduous enough, please.

Just shooting down that idea so I don't get ideas in anybody's head.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes!! Great idea, get to work on that 5 person round table now Youko!! (I will E-mail my lines so you can read them out!).

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
About that odd cut from Kirby&Peach on the Halberd to it shooting down the Arwing...I think there was a fight in there, or at least something, we just that we didn't get to see it. Like how they cut out the character select-frames and the Wario footage from SSE vids on the Dojo.

Anyway, my vote goes to Colbus.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hope you get to see this Youko! The tittle suggestion of the week!

"Recording a Penguin's Life"

Cheesy, I know, but what else can you make out of the replay mode and King Dedede's announcements? This is the best I can come up with this week.

Hope you like!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Hm? I'm not sure about the Smash meter coins, considering the meter you were speaking of is the stock count of lives you have. The coins I believe are simply the coins you received in Melee - for Trophies in the Lottery.

Oh, and my vote for JohnKnight.

Florida

イーグランツ

Cheesy, I know, but what else can you make out of the replay mode and King Dedede's announcements? This is the best I can come up with this week.

Hope you like!
You know, the title for this week's episode could also be "Surf's Up".
Kudos to whoever understands my odd way of thinking.

EDIT:
Also, I vote for colbusman. He had a little more personality, and wasn't as dull when he was talking.
Though, John, you were enjoyable to listen to as well =] Colusman only topped you off by a bit.

sabel4

Smash Rookie
Could you please in the future add the trials as MP3's? I usually do listening to this kind of stuff away from the computer, and it's kinda annoying to rip this kind of stuff from esnips.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

Hope you like!
it's cheesy, i'll admit. but you're right. it's hard to think of a title. give me a sec...

"That Silly Penquin has Arrived at Last" (Billy Madison reference)

"Now Entering @: King Dedede" (PictoChat needs some love too)

"Donkey Kong Makes His Stand" (i know, it's one of the updates, but i love the title. it's great in and of itself)

yeah this is hard. if i think of any others, i'll edit this post

-peace out and such

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"The secret life of a stylus wielding penguin" yhea your right it is hard (Why doesn't someone try and make a reference to Diddy and the matrix?).

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
How will you guys pronounce Dedede?....Deh-deh-deh, or Dee-dee-dee...\
You know which one is the official, correct one~~

The way you say can shape how people say his name for years to come :)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Dee-Dee-Dee.

Isn't that the correct way?

Also, these total Smash Noobs at my school thought Ike was pronounced Eee-kay- . Oh man did I have a field day with that one.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Dee-Dee-Dee.

Isn't that the correct way?

Also, these total Smash Noobs at my school thought Ike was pronounced Eee-kay- . Oh man did I have a field day with that one.
EEE-kay? oh hell naw...i would of gone OFF on all their *****....but either way i call him King D-3

Top Bottom