• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Dee-Dee-Dee.

Isn't that the correct way?

Also, these total Smash Noobs at my school thought Ike was pronounced Eee-kay- . Oh man did I have a field day with that one.
Honestly, if you've never played FE, you'd make that mistake too~
Japanese spellings of anything always reassure me whenever I am doubt about the pronounciation of a name or a word of Japanese origin.

ie. Lake Hylia being Hai-lia, and not "Hill-ia"

Dedede's name is pronounced like its Japanese phonetic spelling, Deh-deh-deh, and it was also pronounced Deh-deh-deh in the English version of Kirby's Avalanche.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
Youko! I found some news around the boards! You must find a way to squeeze it in!

Check this out:
http://www.alesiaglidewell.com//http://www.alesiaglidewell.com/vo_games.htm

This lady, apparently, is voicing Knuckle Joe (the AT), Zero Suit Samus, AND Krystal (Starfox series).

Thanks to Revak for this find.

Ok, what do you think of this little new rumor?
uh oh....stupid furry -_- (not you, Krystal)
I think it's okay to use more women in smash bros. but like anyone but her!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Youko! I found some news around the boards! You must find a way to squeeze it in!

Check this out:

This lady, apparently, is voicing Knuckle Joe (the AT), Zero Suit Samus, AND Krystal (Starfox series).

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm sure Youko will love seeing that! :)

And as if anyone doubted Krystal after Wolf basically being deconfirmed, along with Sigurd and Dixie Kong being basically alternate Ike and Diddy Kong outfits.

And the title shall be "Penguins vs. Puffballs", "Two Guns and Two Kongs", "Break the King", "All Hail", or "All Hail the King". :chuckle:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
That rumor confirms nothing more than that Krystal is in the game in some way, shape or form. It could be an AT or a playable character, so it doesn't really tell us anything. Plus, there could still be ATs for Sigurd/Wolf despite their costume colors being already used.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Dee-Dee-Dee.

Isn't that the correct way?

Also, these total Smash Noobs at my school thought Ike was pronounced Eee-kay- . Oh man did I have a field day with that one.
LOL!
Eee-Kay that's hilarious. Iono how people made that mistake.

EEE-kay? oh hell naw...i would of gone OFF on all their *****....but either way i call him King D-3
D-3 is cool hhahaha. Thanks for the new nickname. :laugh:

Honestly, if you've never played FE, you'd make that mistake too~
Japanese spellings of anything always reassure me whenever I am doubt about the pronounciation of a name or a word of Japanese origin.

ie. Lake Hylia being Hai-lia, and not "Hill-ia"

Dedede's name is pronounced like its Japanese phonetic spelling, Deh-deh-deh, and it was also pronounced Deh-deh-deh in the English version of Kirby's Avalanche.
Lol, I'm so used to calling him Dee dee dee.
I've always called im Dee dee dee and the first time I heard his name actually spoken is in the anime.

Wikipedia said:
The English version of the anime favors /diːdiːdiː/. His Japanese name's spelling (デデデ), however, is pronounced /dehdehdeh/.
I just followed that. But iono...I could call him both?

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

Check this out:

Knuckle Joe will be playable!!!1!one

get over it, it is just voices it doesn't confirm anything.:dizzy:

and why SHE is voicing Samus and not Jennifer Hale ?? I find that fishy >=o

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
That rumor confirms nothing more than that Krystal is in the game in some way, shape or form. It could be an AT or a playable character, so it doesn't really tell us anything. Plus, there could still be ATs for Sigurd/Wolf despite their costume colors being already used.

i dont really care if she's playable (k yes i do) just as long kyrstal and ridley are in the game somehow;)

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey ! check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

Jennifer Hale IS voicing Samus and not that god knows where she came from!;)

case closed. it is a hoax.
You know, that one chick who was said to do it earlier could just be for a different language, xDDD.

EDIT - I feel REALLY Bad for Johnknight... so I officially say this. MY VOTE I AM ABOUT TO MAKE COUNTS AS 10 VOTES!!!

I vote for Johnknight1.

...You still need another like, 8 :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya, but we like to hear that she's in the game. :)

"The King and the Kong" How bout this one!?
^ You may have won this round.....

Seriously, that's the best title I've heard yet. King and the Kong...King Kong! HA! You win sir! :)

:laugh:

You know, that one chick who was said to do it earlier could just be for a different language, xDDD.

EDIT - I feel REALLY Bad for Johnknight... so I officially say this. MY VOTE I AM ABOUT TO MAKE COUNTS AS 10 VOTES!!!

I vote for Johnknight1.

...You still need another like, 8 :(
At least I have about...5. :grin:

Meah, I felt I did I good job, and am satified. Colbusman and I covered exactly the same yet completely diffrent stuff. He covered Wario, Ridley (major plus, definitely), character involvement possibilites, adventure mode itself, and how the adventure mode will all wrap together. I discussed features, character involvement possiblities, the cut scenes enemies, and how the game works, as well as that lame runnning part. We covered the same things, and diffrent things, which was nice. You guys heard two diffrent points of view on the same thing, and certain views on individual things.

C'mon, at least show a awsome Arwing vs. Halberd fight in the background, or have Meta Knight or something appear. Hopefully it's a lead up >>>> Fox >>> maybe Krystal, and then for Samus...she will be intresting. I wonder if she'll speak in her Zero Suit Samus form, and I wonder if she'll be in the Zero Suit, why, and how that will interact with the gameplay. Ya, so enough of my ranting! :laugh:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Hey ! check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

Jennifer Hale IS voicing Samus and not that god knows where she came from!;)

case closed. it is a hoax.
IMDb is probably one of the more unreliable websites of all time. People often just edit in random crap (or in this case stuff that makes sense but is in no way confirmed) for stuff that isn't out yet. :/

Blackadder

Smash Master
IMDb is probably one of the more unreliable websites of all time. People often just edit in random crap (or in this case stuff that makes sense but is in no way confirmed) for stuff that isn't out yet. :/
More unreliable?
Try MOST unreliable. It's run buy the public, not professionals.
But yeah, I wouldn't take what ever they say as stone truth...

Edit:
I just reliazed what thread this is! Rawr, spam... :(
*Sigh*

Legolastom

Smash Hero
YES!! You used my name... but I think it would sound better if you add and S at the end of Kong...

Max780

Smash Apprentice
It will of course be good as always ,but I'm still very excited for the roundtable best segment ever!

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is awesome! so happy Dedede made it in. so will dedede's standard B be a inhale move? he inhales in the games so why not Brawl? looking forward to episode. I mistook today as Sunday and was all "yes SMYN is coming... o wait its Saturday. Dang it!"

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ugh, we tried to speed up this roundtable a little bit, but it ended up being the longest roundtable yet. Something like 75 minutes if I recall correctly.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think it was cuz we kept bringing up things we wanted to cover, and then we also kept going on some pretty awesome tangents, hahaha.

It should be one you definitely enjoy though, guys! :)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
too bad i was sick in the beginning. i think mid-way i started becoming more excited and i felt better, but the beginning of roundtable, i was near dead

but yes, i can't wait to hear the rest of the pod

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Nice.. 75 minute roundtable!! Looking forward to it, should make a nice study break.

And Pyro, when did you become a smash director?

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
75 minute roundtable? That's epic. Nice jobs, guys. I think I speak for most of us when I say the roundtable is the most intriguing part. The longer, the better!

Size does matter, etc.

Top Bottom