• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Moves 14: Bring Set ups! - March 23rd, 2013 - Champaign, Il

Status
Not open for further replies.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I haven't told them about it yet. Was planning on going to armaggedon before this was announced but if NE comes to this

Local scene travel fun > Free $ at a melee tournament with brawlers.

I'm doing smash games tonight at my place so I'll probably tell Devon/David about it at least. Tell Tyser to get his crust uncrusted.
Y'all should pick me up if you guys are going.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I told people about it and posted about it and even requested work off LOL, but idk if we are or aren't yet.

Dart!

Smash Master
I need some cash battles at this. Also I have the small trophy from winning last year. That's up for grabs at this.

Scythe

Smash Master
I want to MM your marth in PM with Wolf. I want to learn that matchup.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
This analogy doesn't work.

I'm talking about a person picking and choosing who they want to take a free stock from, based off of if the opponent accidentally paused or not.

Trespassing is different, if someone passes your property but you're allowing it, is it essentially trespassing then? No, then the legal procedures to prosecute someone would be irrelevant.

Also considering this is a rule that people are obviously not going to abide by, cause getting a free stock for an accidental pause is ridiculous, am I allowed to play 10 stock best of 7 matches with people that agree to it, since we can basically choose which rules we want to follow against what people we want?

If you're going to follow the pause rule, don't pick and choose on favorites, if its against the rules there shouldn't be any holding back because someone is "well known" in the smash community, should a mayor get away with murdering children because hes a mayor?

"leffen is a ***** cause he applied a valid rule against scar"

lololwut?

Don't hate the player.

But seriously turn pause off, this silly rule wouldnt have to be in effect. Theres a reason as to why we have a timer, its not that much harder to turn the pause button off, at least in bracket
you have mighty fine grammar for a minority... something isn't right here...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
updated with prizes info and an extra rule

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
He assaulted my friend and I'm not willing to have him at a tournament I host

Meneks

Smash Lord
Yeeeeeeeeah, but wasn't he provoked?

Can you make a rule for absolute silence while tourney matches are in progress?

Forgive and forget man, Inui was obnoxious, unknown got physical, unknown got banned from Apex.

DONE

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wait blake
you're actually friends w/ inui?

i feel for you man

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Yeeeeeeeeah, but wasn't he provoked?

Can you make a rule for absolute silence while tourney matches are in progress?

Forgive and forget man, Inui was obnoxious, unknown got physical, unknown got banned from Apex.

DONE
he was "provoked" (if you even want to call it that) the first time (which doesn't justify physical violence) and completely unprovoked the second time. He lost to hax, got mad, and strangled inui.

not complete silence but I'll make a rule.

I'm not willing to forgive someone who has yet to even apologize to inui, and who told inui to watch his back because he might strangle him again if they are at the same tournament.
I have seen PMs between the 2. Unknown is not welcome at any tournament I host.

final say on it.

Strong Bad said:
wait blake
you're actually friends w/ inui?

i feel for you man
someone's got to talk to me about Anime :/

Scythe

Smash Master
if there's ever a smash tourney with a crowd noise rule i'll be disappointed. : (

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
rules updated.

added special conduct rules.

no trash talking a player while they are in a match. only positive hype please

Tink

Smash Hero
hey, u can trash talk your opponent....u just cant have your friends come and trash talk him behind u....also, i dont think this rules really gonna be a problem, from what i understand, inui was doing it just to piss off unknown.....i dont know anyone in the MW who has ever had a problem with this, or even came close to having a problem with this....MW is full of homies, we dont hate, we appreciate.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
hey, u can trash talk your opponent....u just cant have your friends come and trash talk him behind u....also, i dont think this rules really gonna be a problem, from what i understand, inui was doing it just to piss off unknown.....i dont know anyone in the MW who has ever had a problem with this, or even came close to having a problem with this....MW is full of homies, we dont hate, we appreciate.
and this was like the 4th time he had done it, and was asked several times to stop all 4 times.
Honestly, it's about time someone got choked out at a tournament, too bad it wasn't because of the game itself.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Yo, I really hope that no trash talking rule just applies to spectators.

If I can't tell my opponent that no matter how successful he is in life he should still feel bad for losing at a 12-year old kids game (and for having such a fat mama), I don't even see the point in going to Smash tournies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yes, the rule is directed at spectators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom