• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show me ya moves! ~ (Ended Prematurely)

Riku00

Smash Ace
My First Tourny. Wonder if im good enough? Oh what am I sayin? Of course I am! LOL!

Riku00

Smash Ace
Yo Alphican add me for some practice rounds today.If U want

Frend Code:1633-4224-0346
I go by Riku*

Riku00

Smash Ace
does any one know how long it takes for this thing to register? My name still isnt on the Entrants Roster i hope i get to enter:(

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
does any one know how long it takes for this thing to register? My name still isnt on the Entrants Roster i hope i get to enter:(
You will Victor.. the tournament hoster hasnt gotten on yet which is odd but when he will i bet the tournament will start

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I apologize for missing a single day. ^_- I was extremely busy yesterday and had absolutely no time to get on the computer.

That being said, entrants list updated. One spot left, due to PhoenixoKaZe unfortunately being unable to attend.

I didn't think many people would be this excited. And also, I'm happy with your enthusiasm Riku, but I'd prefer if you didn't post four times in a row. ^_^ There is an edit button.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You should have the first round matches posted soon, so we can get those out of the way. This is double elimination, so it will take a longer time than you think

EDIT: Your scheduel was based off of a 16 man tournament was it not? Now it's going to be 32.... This thing will need more time, if you're doing full day rounds, for sure!

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Oh, you're right! Thanks.

Hmm...I already regret doing all-day matches. As others tournaments have told me, they're not as "organized" as time-constrained ones. All-day matches require players to organize with eachother, and so some players aren't ever on at the same time. It's a little too late to change now, though. Hopefully at least half of the players will be active.

I'll download some sort of tournament bracket program. Any suggestions?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tio. Found here, or just look on allisbrawl.com. I also seem to see this one site called bracketmaker used a lot by the tournament directors here in the OT listings, but tio is easy to use.

EDIT: Another suggestion. Make this a two week deal. This weekend and next weekend. Why not weekdays? Because people will not show up. Weekends work best (as I am sure you know, because it's common sense).

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Hmm...I might make it two week. I'll see how far it gets in the first weekend and ask remaining players what they think.

Wow, you're really helpful. Perhaps you could help me with a few things if Stafy doesn't want to do it. I'm not sure what I would need help with quite yet, though.

EDIT: I'm not sure if Tio will work. I'm downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework, and that might take a while. Hopefully brackets will be up tomorrow.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I got Tio working and it is amazing!

If I get one more person to fill up the 32 spots, I can make the brackets immediately. Otherwise, I don't see a way to add a player later on after the bracket has already been created with any amount of ease.

I can't wait! ^_^

As soon as I make the brackets, I'll try to PM every entrant and remind them that they entered a tournament. At that point, if anybody drops out, I'll just delete them and not bother waiting for somebody to replace them.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You don't need the tournament full. Someone will just get a bye (free win), and that doesn't mean much in a double elimination tournament.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Yeah...but having my first tournament be COMPLETELY full would just be amazing. And it's only ONE SPOT! Someone's bound to pick it up soon. Giving one lucky person a Bye would just be slightly unfair. Captain Falcon doesn't tolerate unfairness.

I have to ask you guys; what turned you on to this tournament? Was it the concept of a Falcon tournament, my original post, or a combination of the two? After this, I might consider another tournament. Possibly a Falcon doubles tournament, or something completely different.

Lastly: Should I get a chatroom? That would make organizing matches easier, I suppose. I don't want the thread filled up with people looking for eachother, I just want it to be a spot to post results.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
And there he is, our lucky 32nd man!

I'm making the brackets now. They'll be up soon. Tomorrow, I will PM everyone to tell them.

EDIT: Brackets up. Have fun!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
When is the deadline for getting first round matches done? I have a feeling my opponent won't show up. He hasn't been active for a week or so.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
I drop out. I will not be able to get my match done due to personal issues. I'm sorry if this caused any delay. Good luck everyone in the future.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
It's no inconvenience at all, Zezima. It's a shame you can't make it.

The first round...hmm...I would love to make it end Saturday morning. Too many people will need the weekend, though, so if the match is not played by...say...6:00 p.m. Central Time, absentees will be disqualified?

Tell me if that sounds good. If not, I'll make it just end at midnight.

EDIT: Am I being too strict for a prizeless tournament? I mean, I made everyone reply to my message and forbid people from posting in the thread for no good reason. >_<

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Good to hear we can start now, I'll get everything arranged. I just have a question, if your opponent doesn't show before the 13'th that's a disqualification, right?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You all know that in grand finals, the person comming from loser's bracket has to win two sets, while the finalist from winner's bracket has to only win one right? I just want to clarify this with everyone.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
You all know that in grand finals, the person comming from loser's bracket has to win two sets, while the finalist from winner's bracket has to only win one right? I just want to clarify this with everyone.
Your clarifying this because it's not mentioned on the first post? Also that should be good news...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
well im waiting for Riku to show up...alphi wanna do some Falcon dittos whilst we wait?
I have school during weekdays.... Infact I am at school right now :)

EDIT:
Your clarifying this because it's not mentioned on the first post? Also that should be good news...
Yes, this is why I am clarifying this. If people didn't know this, it is now clarified, is it not? Why would it be good news? It's just news, not good nor bad.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Yes, this is why I am clarifying this. If people didn't know this, it is now clarified, is it not? Why would it be good news? It's just news, not good nor bad.
Well no one likes losing in tournaments. At least you have the chance to stick around and still play. As well show you could have done better.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Stafy said it was double elimination in the second post. I guess I should have put it in the OP, though I figured that the brackets made that kind of obvious.

Rythe, I have marked your results down. Don't be shocked if it doesn't show up on the brackets yet; I'll wait until I get a few more results before I edit it again.

At some point on saturday, disqualifications will occur (for those who have not messaged me back). If some matches between members who have both messaged me back have not occurred...then I'll see what happens. It's all up in the air at this point, just try to get as many matches done quickly.

Dart

Smash Lord
i won 3-0 vs Riku00
GG's dude that last match was FTW with uptilt :)
yeah it wasn't the best of connections but it was playable at the least :/

Top Bottom