• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should there be a SSB 4?

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=4283]Should there be a SSB 4?[/drupal]

Well, I think there should. One reason is because the name that fits it could be Ssb Annhilation (did i spell it right?). There would be other characters and alot more battle fields. It would be cool, but what do you think?

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
Only if the game adds Naruto characters, I think they can work. Battle stadium DON was an amazing game and on par with smash brothers along with Jump Ultimate Stars(better than smash) so if they combined, I think it could happen.

D

Deleted member

Should there be one? Of course, as it sells a **** ton of games, makes good money for Nintendo, and is generally well recieved by everyone. Nintendo would have to be half ******** to not make another.

Naruto characters though? I say if we want some non-Nintendo characters, we should stick to characters that originated in video games.

D

Deleted member

Sorry good sir, I've never extensively watched Naruto. It looks ********, but you can never be sure...

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Don't want flames to start in a blog, but yah. No Naruto chars >->

And it's spelled "Annihilation" and I don't think that'd be a good Smash name XP. It sounds like it would be better on a mindless blood, death, and gore game and not Smash (which is mindless, but kid-friendly! jk). That, and ever since Mortal Kombat, I've never been able to look at the word "annihilation" with a straight face.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Sorry good sir, I've never extensively watched Naruto. It looks ********, but you can never be sure...
Everything takes way too long to happen, almost all the characters are juvenile as thus easily relate with angsty teens, none of the world really actually makes much sense, **** you seen high level guys doing (like, mother****ers in their....I'd say at least 30's) gets trumped by pretty much every 16 year old a few seasons later because they're 'relevant', but that's ok because now suddenly those older ninjas are jesus on steroids.

I could keep going but that would take slightly more effort. >:[

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh god ... if naruto characters were in ssb4 ... i would not buy the game.

M@v

Subarashii!
No anime characters please. If anything, a couple more third party characters.

Top 3rd party candidates imo:

Megaman(has a bajillion games on NES)

Sora or Roxas(DS and game boy advance appearances)

Another sonic character

Zero in his megaman zero incarnation(since that whole series was on the DS). He had some megaman x games on the SNES, but most weren't, so I doubt that version would show up.

For more in house characters, I'd say look to assist trophies.

My personal in house wishlist would be:
-Krystal
-Saki
-Return of mewtwo and roy
-Midna, would work best if paired with wolf link as one character.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sora and Roxas couldn't be more anime-ish if they tried.
Especially Roxas.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Sora and Roxas couldn't be more anime-ish if they tried.
Especially Roxas.
Yeah pretty much. I'd argue they'd stick out too bad but then I look at Fire Emblem, but at least all the FE titles were on Nintendo systems. (At least almost all of them, I think maybe one hella obscure one wasn't)

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Theres never been a portable Smash. But there shoud be one on the 3DS. Also, you shouldnt expect square-enix chars in Smash, just dont.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Most definetely there should be a new SSB4 game because that would be fantastic. Haha I love the games so I would love to see another one but the games are a successful enterprise of nintendo so I wouldn't see why I they wouldn't continue the series. ^^

D

Deleted member

I'd have to agree, I'm pretty sure Nintendo designs these games with a casual playstyle in mind. I doubt they even know us competitive Smashers are around.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'd have to agree, I'm pretty sure Nintendo designs these games with a casual playstyle in mind. I doubt they even care us competitive Smashers are around.
Fixed, again.

Not sure who this "us" is seeing how the huge over whelming majority of posters in user blogs are still hella casual.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Only if the game adds Naruto characters, I think they can work. Battle stadium DON was an amazing game and on par with smash brothers along with Jump Ultimate Stars(better than smash) so if they combined, I think it could happen.
**** ****ty Naruto. I saw an episode of both series and hated them

At least other **** like Goku are more qualified to be in this game than Naruto

Though I'd like to see Megaman except not really

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In all seriousness, there should be one, but after what happened with Brawl, I wouldn't be surprised to see a revamp.

finalark

SNORLAX
Of course there will be another one, the games make a lot of money and are well received by everyone except for butthurt competitive players who wanted Melee 2.0 rather than a new game.

And if any third-party characters should be in SSB4 I would expect it to be from Capcom, given that they have a pretty good relationship with Nintendo. And honestly, the only reason why Snake was in was because he was supposed to be in Melee but was proposed to far into development. And Sonic? He wouldn't be in Brawl at all if Game Informer didn't pull that April Fools joke that made a stupid number of people actually want Sonic in Smash.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sonic would have still been wanted even if the EGM joke never existed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Zero from the X series isn't a stretch actually, He did show up on the SNES with Megaman x1-3, and the X collection popped up on the GameCube with Command Mission. Sakurai also said anime characters were a no no, I think he made criteria for adding third party can't remember though.

Also then not making a SSB4 is like, dumb, that series has sold at least 20 million copies, heck Brawl by itself sold around 10 million worldwide, Melee sold 7 million during it's prime. Nintendo not making more money off another one would be losing money, and that is bad business.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think he made criteria for adding third party can't remember though.
I'm pretty sure that it was something along the lines of "characters who started in video games and have had games on Nintendo consoles."

I'm hoping for Mega Man, personally.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ofc there will be another smash game.

Too bad I wont be getting it because Nintendo lost me with their Wii generation.

Well, maybe if they bring mewtwo back and make jigglypuff viable again I'll buy...

M@v

Subarashii!
I like zero better, but tbh I'd want to see both. The reason Zero has been one upping Megaman recently with fighting game appearances is extremely simple: Zero is much easier to incorporate into fighting games since his primary weapon is his Z-Saber, and he's the close combat character in the X series.

In the Megaman X games, the idea is you pick X when you want to Pew Pew, and Zero when you want to get in their face.

It would be really easy to make a moveset for Zero in Smash.

Back to first party, I think that Midna idea I brought up would be awesome. It would be Midna riding on the back of wolf link, and you make a moveset based around that. Ex. Grab would be midna's energy arm thing, could be used as a tether as well. Would be a pretty badass character if you made the right moveset for it.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Well, I really hope you're not expecting that.
what do you mean?, the Smash bros games are designed to be a "party" game (sadly). but it have some things than make it competitive, like few advanced techniques than the smash crators have in mind like teching, L-cancel, Zdrop/catch,shield grab. usmash/upB out of shield. for example.

i hope see a balance between these 2 concept, the casual and competitive game, and a balanced roster of characters too

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I think there will be a SSBB4. I'm curious not only about the roster and game mechanics, but also how it would look on a supposed next gen console that can supposedly outperform the 360 and PS3. I like my GC controller, but I wonder how their new controller would feel in my hands. Rumored images floating around show a screen on the controller... Also, I thought SSB was the only game on Nintendo consoles besides Zelda and Mario Kart haha.

On another note, I hold no favoritism for Megaman or Zero. Master Chief would be interesting, but it seems like it'd be a stretch. Then again, Snake was kind of a stretch too. I think they'd compliment each other - kinda like a clone or have similar movesets. Who knows though. Also, no animu characters please. This isn't Mugen.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
what do you mean?, the Smash bros games are designed to be a "party" game (sadly). but it have some things than make it competitive, like few advanced techniques than the smash crators have in mind like teching, L-cancel, Zdrop/catch,shield grab. usmash/upB out of shield. for example.

i hope see a balance between these 2 concept, the casual and competitive game, and a balanced roster of characters too
Do you just ignore everything Sakurai says about his thoughts on competitive games or what.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Do you just ignore everything Sakurai says about his thoughts on competitive games or what.
That Smash wasn't made for competition and we made it to be that?

I think we've hit a point where most people know that already, and that statement he made was pretty vague when Sakurai said it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
It's got a large enough fan-base and income that there will most likely be a 4th release. Whether there "should" be or not is kind of hard to answer, seeing as I am fairly satisfied with Brawl enough to where I don't mind either way. I wouldn't mind seeing the introduction of more characters, but I already think the current roster is great. Basically the only thing I wouldn't mind is the removal of tripping, but whatever.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
That Smash wasn't made for competition and we made it to be that?

I think we've hit a point where most people know that already, and that statement he made was pretty vague when Sakurai said it.
The point is that there's no reason to believe he'd make the game 'balanced' when he's never had to before.

Top Bottom