• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should The Change Be Made?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Yeah, no. Just no.

We get the golden armor from ghosts n goblins as a mii costume instead of just the regular armor
Whilst I'd personally prefer the original armour simply because it's more generally recognisable, I wouldn't really be against it if it did happen.

Do you think that the next Smash game should have a cinematic "story mode" similar to Subspace Emissary, though with more locations and bosses from actual Nintendo IPs, but at the cost of the roster being halved and all third-party content being removed from the game alltogether?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
We only have to sacrifice Isabelle, and do not have to purchase Waluigi? It is a bargain, I would say.

Diddy Kong loses his flying kick in exchange for a cartwheel jump that sends him through the air at high speed while grounded, though without any hitboxes after jumping. He also cannot use it midair.

Last edited:
Okay, sounds cool.

Next Smash gets WTF/Joke characters like this:
  • Diskun
  • Lark (Pilotwings)
  • Urban Champion
  • Goomba
  • Wiimote
  • Chorus Kids (Possible WTF pick)
  • Virtual Boy Console
  • Gameboy (Manner based on AGES from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Gameboy from Captain N)
  • Tetromino
  • Bokoblin
  • Whispy Woods
  • Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) (Another possible WTF Pick)
  • Primid

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay, sounds cool.

Next Smash gets WTF/Joke characters like this:
  • Diskun
  • Lark (Pilotwings)
  • Urban Champion
  • Goomba
  • Wiimote
  • Chorus Kids (Possible WTF pick)
  • Virtual Boy Console
  • Gameboy (Manner based on AGES from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Gameboy from Captain N)
  • Tetromino
  • Bokoblin
  • Whispy Woods
  • Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) (Another possible WTF Pick)
  • Primid
I would literally accept this for the Wiimote alone, this roster looks both hilarious and brilliant and I'd adore seeing stuff like the VB as a character. Are the Chorus Kids really a WTF pick at this point, though?... (Also, Whispy Woods just like scuttling around like those walking trees from Shrek is hiarious to me.)

Would you prefer that the next Smash title have retro/obscure newcomers and a couple of bigger picks, or focus on say 5 big picks but then that's about it?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'll go with Retro/Obscure reps, which we need to revive them.
And thats not WYR thread, thats, Should change be Made thread.

Next Smash Game focuses more on 1st Party Characters than 3rd Parties, which it would NINTENDO ALLSTARS properly.
I'd say that would be really cool due to my own personal bias, though personally, I'd say that third-parties that are particularly important (Namely, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man, and maybe Simon?) should stay. If you're thinking in terms of newcomers alone, though, I'd hella be up for that - even if it's not a particularly popular decision overall.

Melee HD is released with certain newcomers that would have been realistically possible/significant at the time (namely, Wario and Sonic) as well as other extra content such as music, stages and trophies being added that would have been realistic for the time, but many of the glitches or exploits (anything from wavedashing, to the various Pokemon Stadium glitches) are patched out of the game completely, and the game is a full $60 release.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah.

Diddy Kong and Ridley's histories in Smash (appearance-wise, not fandom-wise) are swapped, meaning SSBU has two DK newcomers - however, because both Diddy and K. Rool used the disguise gag (the prior with Ness), Banjo's trailer isn't a continuation.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll say no since it would be weirder to see Diddy absent for Brawl and For than it would be for Ridley to be absent.
Mushroomy Kingdom is replaced with a Bowser’s Castle stage for all of its appearances.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Yes.

James Bond was added to Melee and returned in Ultimate.
As much as people seem to despise 4th party picks, I'd actually love that simply because of how crazy it would be.

The next Smash game is made a little like Fraymakers or Rivals, allowing you to create your own characters and stages in an actual creation tool (like, you could fully customise their moves and such), but you can't play them online and the Miis are removed.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d be open to that, so yes.

In place of Smash Tour and the Orders modes, a cooperative alternative to Smash Run was added in SSBWiiU, where the final event is a boss fight like Ridley or Rayquaza.

Unrelated, I’d love the customization feature above even if I’d be a little perplexed with the removal of Miis.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Yes.

Filia from Skullgirls is a Western Rep for Smash 6.
No, but only if shared content still is a thing. If shared content doesn’t make it back, 100% yes.

Link gets a more diverse moveset at the cost of being a worse character on the tier list. Along with that, his Twilight Princess takes the role of ”default” Link and gets a OOT alt costume. However, Yink or Tink get removed. Sorry for the semi-long post.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I don’t have a preference, but I’ll just say yes since we could have the most recent Link, TP Link, and then Toon Link (Child Link).

In place of one of the three clones in SSBFor, an OoT based Zelda was added instead as a clone.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sure

These smash remix stages get replaced by other ones:
WarioWare Inc is replaced by Virtual Boy Wario Land
Kalos League is replaced by Safari Zone
Skyloft is replaced by Animal Village
Mementos is replaced by Bascilla
Delfino Plaza is replaced by Wet Dry World

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Yes! Even double yes!

The Bonus Joke DLC Character for Smash Infinite thread is Virtual Boy, who would have only Nintendo Consoles as DLC Spirits.
I don't know enough about the Smash Infinite thread as I don't really follow it - but Nintendo consoles as DLC Spirits sounds like something that needs to be added, and the Virtual Boy being a character is funny enough to me that not only I think it can work, but I think it would be genius.

The next game includes your single most wanted first-party character, but cuts the roster down to 21 characters and removes all third-party picks, with the character of your choice being the only newcomer. Do you make the call?

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
I don't know enough about the Smash Infinite thread as I don't really follow it - but Nintendo consoles as DLC Spirits sounds like something that needs to be added, and the Virtual Boy being a character is funny enough to me that not only I think it can work, but I think it would be genius.

The next game includes your single most wanted first-party character, but cuts the roster down to 21 characters and removes all third-party picks, with the character of your choice being the only newcomer. Do you make the call?
Of course.

Speaking of first party characters, King Bob-omb becomes the next boss in the Mario series to join Smash.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
I think that would look beautiful, so yes.

Monkey D. Luffy becomes the first fourth party character to join Smash.

Top Bottom