• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
lol @ Supermodel From Paris taking solace in that statement to make himself feel better.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind if MK is banned because it would make my transition to Marth a whole lot easier but he obviously shouldn't be banned. (Yes I main MK now)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
MK shouldnt be banned because this is Brawl.
I wouldn't mind if MK is banned because it would make my transition to Marth a whole lot easier but he obviously shouldn't be banned. (Yes I main MK now)

:flame:
Um.... hello... can you back that up with any more information please? Other personal thoughts? Past Experiences? I don't think anyone minds the support, but "because this is Brawl" or "he obviously shouldn't be banned" is not much of a reason...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
In reality, there are fewer proban people arguing because they don't really have anything to loose. Imagine how much an antiban metaknight main has to loose. Imagine someone who uses Metaknight for his CP against Marth. These people would be affected greater by the ban than a pro banner would.

Though note, this is not a statement meant that they are biased, just they have more to loose, and are more passionate hence.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
lol @ you following this thread for hundreds of pages straight pouncing on anyone who disagrees with you by saying BUT BUT SAGAT!
I have never made a comparison between MK and Old Sagat. Ever.

I also haven't even been on this board for at least a week, and I haven't read back for a week's worth of posts. I don't read even half of the posts on these pages of mine (which are set to 50).

lol @ you grasping for straws that don't exist.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
^
lol at discussing turning into arguing.
Control yourselves, kay? ^_^

Edit:Emo Turtle, explain to me why the idea (of including only the best Metaknights within a tournament by having them eliminate the weaker of them before hand, or by grouping the Metaknights together to allow the winner of the regulars tournament to face the best Metaknight at that tournament) is a bad idea. Personally, I don't see why such extremes are needed, but explain why it is a "horrible" idea.[/COLOR]
Cuz its like

All MKs on one side of the bracket:
"Only pick MK if you're the best MK around!"
And thats just a dumb way of getting less MKs at tournaments haha

The MK pool just seems unfair, honestly. =)

Just because they have the advantage in matchups doesn't mean they should be screwed over in brackets and stuff. xD

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

I also haven't even been on this board for at least a week, and I haven't read back for a week's worth of posts.

What straws? I don't need to grasp at straws to insult you.

And I'm glad you haven't made that horrible comparison. This is one case in which I'm happy to be wrong.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

I also haven't even been on this board for at least a week, and I haven't read back for a week's worth of posts. I don't read even half of the posts on these pages of mine (which are set to 50).

Better that she grabs for imaginary straws than bends them, because then we'd have to lock Paris up in Bedlam.

^
lol at discussing turning into arguing.
Control yourselves, kay? ^_^

Cuz its like

Just because they have the advantage in matchups doesn't mean they should be screwed over in brackets and stuff. xD
Also, how do you keep the other people from going Metaknight mid tourney?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754

Edit:Emo Turtle, explain to me why the idea (of including only the best Metaknights within a tournament by having them eliminate the weaker of them before hand, or by grouping the Metaknights together to allow the winner of the regulars tournament to face the best Metaknight at that tournament) is a bad idea. Personally, I don't see why such extremes are needed, but explain why it is a "horrible" idea.

That idea would be EPIC...but i don't think it should be official...it really isn't tournament ethnic.

aww you no fun...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
That idea would be EPIC...but i don't think it should be official...it really isn't tournament ethnic.
Tournament Ethnic? I KNEW THIS WAS A RACIAL ISSUE! STOP HATING ON METAKNIGHT 'CAUSE HE'S BLACK! *** GAS! XD

But I know that the ideas listed weren't good. I just kinda hate cinical 1-liners with no explination. And so I asked the Turtle with Self Help Issues to explain himself.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Good point. Guess we'd just have to take their word for it. An MK appearing in the wrong side of the brackets (or a non-MK appearing in the MK brackets) could be an instant disqualification from the tourney... o_O

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Oh you, Crashic.

What straws? I don't need to grasp at straws to insult you.

And I'm glad you haven't made that horrible comparison. This is one case in which I'm happy to be wrong.
"What straws" is a good question, since we know they don't exist. The straws being me making that comparison, of course... which never happened.

But on a more serious note, the only thing I can think of that I can agree with for the pro-ban side is that his options for covering his opponent tend to cover them in so many ridiculous areas. Retreating dair/fair takes care of most of what Zelda can hit him with, for example. I can see a valid complaint there... but not enough to justify MK being banned, at least not yet.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ahh, good point.
But I suppose someone could just report that.

Still, its a bad idea anywayz. xD
But I know that the ideas listed weren't good. I just kinda hate cinical 1-liners with no explination. And so I asked the Turtle with Self Help Issues to explain himself

Thats fair. ;P

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The number of anti-ban is going up because many of them are new to competitive gaming and don't have decent cases to argue. xD
Uhm... I see more noobs whining about Mach Tornado being oh so broken than I see scrubs argueing why Meta Knight is not the best character.
I doubt they vote No because they're scared of Yuna or something.

Or maybe because for every proban that argues in here, there are always three antiban people spamin it up sayin NOT A VALID POINT NA UH.
Uhm... No? lol. We just want to see valid proof why Meta Knight is oh so bad for the metagame despite other gaming communities having similar situations yet not collapsing on themselves and how he is horribly destroying all of his opponents and how even the dumbest noob can pick him up and win a tournament just by putting the selection coin onto Meta Knight's picture.

Because that's what the Pro-Ban-Side keeps on saying.

True: Brawl is not Melee, Street Fighter or anything else. True: Brawl has an own community.
But: History has shown similar (noone ever said same) situations in other games have not killed off the community, destroyed the metagame or anything else.

True: Meta Knight has no disadvantageous matchups. True: He is a horrible matchup for 3 viable or semi-viable characters.
But: He does not make half of the cast or more characters unviable. If you ban Meta Knight, 2 of these 3 characters still have insanely hard matchups - ROB has Zero Suit Samus, and Peach has, guess what... Marth! Awesome! So you make one character viable, but keep the other one unviable. And ROB's situation won't really be that better.

True: Meta Knight is a safe choice, thus might be pressing on the Counterpick System (not breaking, there's a difference). True: Meta Knight is maybe not as hard to master as precision-based characters like Zero Suit Samus.
But: Meta Knight is not granting an easy victory. You will not magically perform better, you will not be able to beat players above your level (if they are playing viable characters, at least).

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Good point. Guess we'd just have to take their word for it. An MK appearing in the wrong side of the brackets (or a non-MK appearing in the MK brackets) could be an instant disqualification from the tourney... o_O
I don't think that Metaknight needs to be limited that much, although people should have their first and 2nd characters (who could or could not remain permanent depending on the situation) told to the TO, and the counterpick system would be mainly stage advantage. But that's not "Ethnic" now is it... racists...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
In reality, there are fewer proban people arguing because they don't really have anything to loose. Imagine how much an antiban metaknight main has to loose. Imagine someone who uses Metaknight for his CP against Marth. These people would be affected greater by the ban than a pro banner would.

Though note, this is not a statement meant that they are biased, just they have more to loose, and are more passionate hence.
You're implying that most if not all anti-ban people play Meta Knight. I don't. He's listed as one of my Tertiaries, but a Tertiary is just a **** n' Giggles character people rarely use. I have never mained or secondaried Meta Knight.

Neither does Successor of Raphael, AFAIK. Neither does adumbrodeus, IIRC. Guess what, we've been three of the most vocal and involved anti-banners in this thread.

I am playing Devil's advocate :p Though I can't say I'm for the ban. I play SF4 now =p

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7256341&postcount=3120
I could've sworn you were once pro-ban. Memory lapse or were you pro-ban of something else, such as D3's Infinite?

The number of anti-ban is going up because many of them are new to competitive gaming and don't have decent cases to argue. xD
Projecting, now are we? People who are new to Competitive gaming and who have very little insight into how it works are more likely to want to ban things.

This was yelled at in the APEX livestream... Wouldn't be a bad idea for TO's to wiggle around in:

Why hasn't any TO's considered placing ALL of the MK's in one side of the bracket? Or make a small MK pool before the tourney, and tops end up in the tourney? That should shut up pro-ban.
Idiotic solution. Rigging tournaments to promote diversity? Yes, pl0x!

And because that's how it was. The arguments were intelligent, both sides making great points, then I come back the next day, see you, see matchup discussion going on. Then I see mango trolling. And now this thread sucks again.
Because you have selective reading. I was not the one who brought them up originally. Pro-banners brought them up, at which point I refuted them.

You are still claiming I did something I never did and refusing to admit to have been mistaken about it.

Or maybe because for every proban that argues in here, there are always three antiban people spamin it up sayin NOT A VALID POINT NA UH.
Say what you want, but at least we use facts and evidence. What has Supermodel from Paris used, really, besides his subjective opinions and hypocrisy?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I meant the number of anti-ban are going up as in pro-ban converting to anti-ban due to arguments ITT. ^_^
And a lot of those people are new to competitive Smash and are swayed pretty easily. =P
(not to say valid arguments weren't brought up for anti-ban, its more like saying the opposite)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
No... Meta Knight is Mexican. What are you saying?
Tigga please, he's obviously Black. You ever seen a Mexican move that fast? (Jumping the Border does not count). If someone yells out "FRIED CHICKEN", Metaknight will Glide accross the stage to get to it first. :p

And Model, you seem like you're a little bit stressed.. I think you need to relax a bit... take a break... cool it.... and then come back. I understand you think that notihng's going to change and that you oughta be pissed about it, but you're getting a little too mad, hurting yourself and your cause more than you are being serious.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You're implying that most if not all anti-ban people play Meta Knight. I don't. He's listed as one of my Tertiaries, but a Tertiary is just a **** n' Giggles character people rarely use. I have never mained or secondaried Meta Knight.

Neither does Successor of Raphael, AFAIK. Neither does adumbrodeus, IIRC. Guess what, we've been three of the most vocal and involved anti-banners in this thread.
I main Bowser, secondary Zero Suit Samus, use Samus and Meta Knight for the lulz. So that's four.

Tigga please, he's obviously Black. You ever seen a Mexican move that fast? (Jumping the Border does not count).
Someone needs to watch the English dub of the Kirby anime.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
*ah-hem*

Need a cough drop?

I'm sorry if I offended you if you are of Mexican or Hispanic decent. Please forgive me. I shouldn't perpetuate stereotypes, especially since people note all the time how I fit the Black Stereotype. I like making racial jokes because personally, I could care less about race. However, if someone can't joke about their own race, or makes jokes about other races being Inferior, then I have a problem.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord

Sorry for the double post. I may not have been the most intelligent or informed, but Metaknight is one of my last 4 characters I use, and is mainly for fun. When I really need to fight, I rely on the Power of Aura, with help from Aether and the Blue Blur. Metaknight would have been up there, but if I can play better with other people (and I do), why would I handicap myself?

Still, I'm not in the same league, debate or skill wise, as you guys are. But I want to help too... Can I be 5th, after SpadeFox?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Wow Da D mon you are so amazingly not funny at all. How do you do it.
I could have been really mean just then, but I'm not going to.

At this point though, the Proban side isn't doing anything but arguing. The points being brought up are so redundant, this thread is almost a joke.

And EmoTurtle, lrn2spLplox. XD

How do people type like that all the time though? That felt worse than putting a frigging Pirahna in my throat and letting it rip out my tonsols.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No MK except M2K will get top5 at Apex and M2K lost to lain.

Everybody who wants MK banned should quit life. Now.

I forgot about ksizzle...he can make top5 too.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom