• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Custom Mii's Be Seprated From Fighter Customs?

Would you allow Custom Mii's in a non-custom tournament?

• Total voters

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
They're not customs
The miis can use all their special moves with customs: off
Therefore the game doesn't consider them custom moves.

What's so hard to understand about this guys.
I can go to the stage select screen and select 75m to play on. Does that mean 75m should be a legal stage?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I can go to the stage select screen and select 75m to play on. Does that mean 75m should be a legal stage?
75m is a broken stage (leads to circle camping, hazards that affect gameplay, etc.), so we should prevent players from picking it.

Unless you can convince me that mii brawler, swordfighter or gunner are broken (ie. the best characters in the game to the point that there's no reason to pick anyone else) then I don't see why we should ban their specials.

Last edited:

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
Turning off items in the options gets rid of the ones that can randomly appear.

Palutena.
I wasn't questioning why items are banned, I was pointing out that the same logic you used to restrict Mii specials can also be applied to restrict characters that spawn items. It's disingenuous reasoning.

Again, Palutena is completely irrelevant. We're talking about a meta where only Mii Fighters can use alternate specials. Having totally different gimmick specials or slightly tweaked specials is irrelevant.

It's a broken stage for determining who the better player is in a 1v1 format, so no. The whole idea behind competition is to determine who is the better player. Conversely, are the Mii specials broken for a 1v1 format? Do they degenerate the concept of "the better player wins" into random, unplayable mess? Do they invalidate any characters or otherwise make the game unplayable? I'm really asking because if they are, then I fully support banning the offending moves. I don't think there's been much evidence to support that position, but I'm open to being wrong.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Peach's turnip pull is random (if you've never seen peach pull a bomb-omb and have it instantly explode from the opponent's attack you haven't played smash enough), G&W's side-b is random yet we don't ban those.
It comes down to the fact that items can be toggled off in the game, so we're justified as a community to turn them off. Similarly, we can toggle customs on or off, but we should respect what the game considers as customs or not when we use that toggle.
Peach's Vegetable attack is an example of items generated by a special move, not an example of items appearing randomly on the stage in random locations. Judge is a high-risk, potentially-high-reward move that tends to be stronger if the number is larger. It seems to be generally unreliable.

She can't use her custom moves because the game doesn't allow her to use her custom moves.
She also can't use her custom moves in those tournaments because the rules forbid it. There is not any valid reason why the MIi Fighters should be exempt from the rule. Many of the reasons that I've heard so far have been excuses.

Yes they should complain, as none of their specials are considered custom moves by the game (they're usable with customs off)

Nobody else is banned from using their specials that the game allows them to use, banning 6 specials from each mii is as justified as banning bouncing fish. How is it fair to arbitrarily ban the use of a character's special moves.
I shall list a couple of things about the Mii Fighters' custom moves:

1. Every Mii Fighter's moveset is preselected when one is created. The moveset that they have at the beginning will always be their 1111 moveset. You would need to go out of your way to change their special moves to anything other than the one that they start with. Therefore, the 1111 moveset is, like every other character, already considered by the game to be the default and the other special moves are considered to be customs.

2. There is an instance of the game limiting their moveset in Event Mode. Therefore, it is more proof that the game considers the 1111 moveset to be the default. This shouldn't even be necessary to state because of the first point.

Once again, false analogies to Sheik are being made, and it is just another excuse for why the Mii Fighters should be the exception.

Also, the comparison that @ Divemissile Divemissile made with the stages is actually a great one.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
She also can't use her custom moves in those tournaments because the rules forbid it. There is not any valid reason why the MIi Fighters should be exempt from the rule. Many of the reasons that I've heard so far have been excuses.
You serious bro.
It's not that mii fighters are exempt from the rule, it's that you're proposing arbitrary restrictions on mii fighters. If it's a customs off tournament, you still have to justify why you're banning the mii fighters special moves.
There's a reason tournaments like CEO had to have further wording clarifying the use of mii fighters moves, since by default mii fighters are allowed to use all their moves in a customs off environment, so you have to impose further arbitrary restrictions upon them.

1. Every Mii Fighter's moveset is preselected when one is created. The moveset that they have at the beginning will always be their 1111 moveset. You would need to go out of your way to change their special moves to anything other than the one that they start with. Therefore, the 1111 moveset is, like every other character, already considered by the game to be the default and the other special moves are considered to be customs.
Not default != (does not equal) custom.
Just because their other specials aren't the default preselected ones, doesn't mean they're custom moves the same way other characters custom moves are. The fact that you can use all their moves with customs set to off proves this.
2. There is an instance of the game limiting their moveset in Event Mode. Therefore, it is more proof that the game considers the 1111 moveset to be the default. This shouldn't even be necessary to state because of the first point.
Unless we're playing competitive event mode rather than competitive vs mode suddenly, I don't know why this is relevant.
Once again, false analogies to Sheik are being made, and it is just another excuse for why the Mii Fighters should be the exception.
Again, you're the one making exceptions for mii fighters, banning special moves that the game otherwise allows them to use.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
You serious bro.
It's not that mii fighters are exempt from the rule, it's that you're proposing arbitrary restrictions on mii fighters. If it's a customs off tournament, you still have to justify why you're banning the mii fighters special moves.
There's a reason tournaments like CEO had to have further wording clarifying the use of mii fighters moves, since by default mii fighters are allowed to use all their moves in a customs off environment, so you have to impose further arbitrary restrictions upon them.
You just stated that the tournaments added extra things to the rules that would allow them to use their custom moves when they are not supposed to do so. Stuff like that should not have any place in the rules. If a tournament forbids customs, then it means that custom moves and equipment of any type are forbidden. Many other people and you just want a loophole that clearly favors and gives an unwarranted advantage to three characters. Also, the word "arbitrary" is used a lot. A decision to limit the Mii Fighters to their default moveset in tournaments that prohibit custom moves isn't arbitrary in the first place because they would be completely affected by the rules that are in place. What would be arbitrary, however, is allowing them to not be affected by the rules merely because of people's opinions and feelings about the characters and false, unreasonable claims of the Mii Fighters not "actually" having custom moves.
Not default != (does not equal) custom.
Just because their other specials aren't the default preselected ones, doesn't mean they're custom moves the same way other characters custom moves are. The fact that you can use all their moves with customs set to off proves this.

Unless we're playing competitive event mode rather than competitive vs mode suddenly, I don't know why this is relevant.

Again, you're the one making exceptions for mii fighters, banning special moves that the game otherwise allows them to use.
Customize: to make or alter to individual or personal specifications. If you are adding equipment to any character, then you are basically customizing them. If you are changing their special moves from the defaults, then you are customizing them and the special moves that aren't the default are custom moves. The Mii Fighters are not an exception to this. Other people and you are just trying to redefine the meaning of the word in order to suit your own purposes.

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
You just stated that the tournaments added extra things to the rules that would allow them to use their custom moves when they are not supposed to do so. Stuff like that should not have any place in the rules. If a tournament forbids customs, then it means that custom moves and equipment of any type are forbidden. Many other people and you just want a loophole that clearly favors and gives an unwarranted advantage to three characters. Also, the word "arbitrary" is used a lot. A decision to limit the Mii Fighters to their default moveset in tournaments that prohibit custom moves isn't arbitrary in the first place because they would be completely affected by the rules that are in place. What would be arbitrary, however, is allowing them to not be affected by the rules merely because of people's opinions and feelings about the characters and false, unreasonable claims of the Mii Fighters not "actually" having custom moves.
lmao
Why don't you actually go look at the CEO ruleset so you understand what my point was, before you do that you have no idea what you're talking about and it shows.

The important parts of the CEO ruleset.
"-Custom Fighters are set to off

-Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup."

The important part here is that the second rule isn't implied by the first rule as you claim. Just having custom fighters set to off would allow miis to use all their special moves. You have to instate another rule banning them from the use of their other moves. If you're going to ban their moves you better have a good reason for doing so (generally the only reason we ban things is because they're overpowered/lead to uncompetitive gameplay)
Customize: to make or alter to individual or personal specifications. If you are adding equipment to any character, then you are basically customizing them. If you are changing their special moves from the defaults, then you are customizing them and the special moves that aren't the default are custom moves. The Mii Fighters are not an exception. Other people and you are just trying to redefine the meaning of the word in order to suit your own purposes.
You're customising them, but customising the miis doesn't mean that you're giving them "custom moves", where custom moves are explicitly moves that can only be used when customs are set to on.

I'm not redefining the word, I'm using the definition the game gives us.

Last edited:

Charey

Smash Apprentice
So about the argument if Mii fighter's moves are considered "customs" here is a quote from the manual for Smash 4 about Mii fighters.

"Register Mii characters you've made in Mii Maker™ as Mii Fighters. Once you've chosen your fighter, you can customise your Mii Fighter's fighting style and gear."
So according to the game, once you have made the Mii that changing their specials is giving them custom moves. While I have no issue letting Miis do this in non-custom tournaments, but let's call a spade a spade.

Also saying that they are not viable without customs moves doesn't matter, we don't give custom moves just for not being top tier, if we are to use them they should be used to make the tournaments better.

I think custom Miis makes tournaments more exciting to watch and play against. Personally I'm for all custom moves so anything towards that goal is a good thing in my eyes.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
It's a broken stage for determining who the better player is in a 1v1 format, so no. The whole idea behind competition is to determine who is the better player. Conversely, are the Mii specials broken for a 1v1 format? Do they degenerate the concept of "the better player wins" into random, unplayable mess? Do they invalidate any characters or otherwise make the game unplayable? I'm really asking because if they are, then I fully support banning the offending moves. I don't think there's been much evidence to support that position, but I'm open to being wrong.
I'm not saying they're broken, I'm saying that just because you can't select custom miis without customs on doesn't mean they should be legal in non custom tournaments. Similarly, I can select 75m without going to the custom stages tab. But that doesn't mean it should be legal

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm not saying they're broken, I'm saying that just because you can't select custom miis without customs on doesn't mean they should be legal in non custom tournaments. Similarly, I can select 75m without going to the custom stages tab. But that doesn't mean it should be legal
They are usable in the current competitive settings and aren't bannable. Custom stages are banned due to logistics which don't really apply so you can't compare. There is nothing preventing stage selection like customs off does to everyone except miis.

Customise mii fighter's style doesn't mean custom moves. Heck, they can be referring to brawler, gunner, and sword as well as their moves as a whole.

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Customise mii fighter's style doesn't mean custom moves. Heck, they can be referring to brawler, gunner, and sword as well as their moves as a whole.
This
Just because by default you have 1111, doesn't make the other specials customs (when we use the game's definition), and by other people's made up definition, every mii besides brawler is also "custom" because brawler is the first one selected.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
When you use a Mii in order to create a Mii Fighter and you choose the class that you want, you cannot change the type of Mii Fighter that it is. That Mii Fighter will be stuck as either a Brawler, Swordfighter, or a Gunner, so there is not any way to change this. If you accidentally chose the wrong class, then you would need to make another Mii Fighter and optionally delete the previous one. From what that part of the manual is saying, the Mii Fighter is registered after you enter a name for the Mii Fighter, which occurs after you choose the type that you want. "Customize a Mii Fighter's style" is referring to their special moves.

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So really, now we've descended into arguing over the semantics of the game manual when making a competitive ruleset for a party game.
Interesting where you have to get your justification from >.>

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The options for the Mii Fighters' outfits and hats are located in the customization menu, which is the same location as the options for the Mii Fighters' special moves. It is unlikely for that portion of the manual to be referring to anything else but that because of how it is phrased.

Besides, you were seriously arguing that my argument could be used for the three classes of Mii Fighters being customs even though each class of Mii Fighter (Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner) has their own set of trophies, there are three separate amiibo for the three types of Mii Fighters (not one general Mii Fighter amiibo), and the class of the Mii Fighter can never be changed so it isn't customizable in the first place. It's another flawed comparison that you were making.

Last edited:

Nexelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nexelous
In my opinion, Custom Miis don't really count as custom fighters as all they are is miis in their own perspective. The game don't even treat them as customs so why would all the people think that custom miis are customs. If the other characters can't, why should the Mii Fighters be limited to the medium size and 1111, 2222, 3333?

The Mii Fighter's other moves aren't treated like customs and more of a choice. I'm okay not having equipment on Mii Fighters but sometimes people want to use a custom Mii Fighter to help with their gameplay. To put it in a way... the Mii Fighters are like characters with special conditions.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
since most tourneys are 1v1,customs off and allowing any type of mii moveset I think that's how things are going to be in the future.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I still assert that the Miis should be forced to use their defaults in other tournaments. The way that adjusting the rules in Tourneys works is mainly just a different version of changing the rules in Smash Mode. However, unlike Smash Mode, you can ban Mii Fighters entirely, which you can't exactly enforce in the main game's rules. Also, I hope that Tourney mode isn't used as "proof" for the statement that Mii Fighters don't have defaults or customs because those statements are still incorrect.

Epok

Smash Ace
I feel as though Miis should be treated as a special case, considering the fact that this is very new to the smash community.

Mii by design are made to be customized. That is their nature (duh). I do however tend to lean with the idea that default (1111) doesn't fit here.

I just wanted to address a couple things that may have been over looked.

People tend to forget that Miis don't have a character slot until you make a Mii. Not to mention when making a Mii the Gunner/Brawler/Sword fighter options are sub-types, not individual characters themselves. We treat them as individual characters because they all play very differently, but the game sees them as just a Mii.

I could see the ruling of a default 1111 set up if the Brawler, Gunner, and Sword Fighter have their own individual character profiles and could only be played 1111 with customs set to "off", I would agree with the 1111 ruling. However, since they do not function that way I think that they should have more leeway with their customization.

On the other hand, I do think that there should be some guidelines and rules that help govern how the Mii fighters customization are handled in tournaments. I think That there should be pre-set sizes, time limit for creation, and maybe a limit to how many a single player can make during a set. This is primarily for logistics sake.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I feel as though Miis should be treated as a special case, considering the fact that this is very new to the smash community.

Mii by design are made to be customized. That is their nature (duh). I do however tend to lean with the idea that default (1111) doesn't fit here.

I just wanted to address a couple things that may have been over looked.

People tend to forget that Miis don't have a character slot until you make a Mii. Not to mention when making a Mii the Gunner/Brawler/Sword fighter options are sub-types, not individual characters themselves. We treat them as individual characters because they all play very differently, but the game sees them as just a Mii.

I could see the ruling of a default 1111 set up if the Brawler, Gunner, and Sword Fighter have their own individual character profiles and could only be played 1111 with customs set to "off", I would agree with the 1111 ruling. However, since they do not function that way I think that they should have more leeway with their customization.

On the other hand, I do think that there should be some guidelines and rules that help govern how the Mii fighters customization are handled in tournaments. I think That there should be pre-set sizes, time limit for creation, and maybe a limit to how many a single player can make during a set. This is primarily for logistics sake.
the miis would obviously run presets (which is much harder to determin for the gunner and swordfighter than brawler) If the game allows miis to be used with custom off they should be allowed to be used. period. the logic against them is grasping at straws for no reason. plus theres also a belief many people share that the miis (and palutena) had thier defaults choosen randomly and were intended to be created as seen by the player.

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
I have a solution to all of this. Let's just stop calling these tournaments "Custom Off Tournaments."

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This
Just because by default you have 1111, doesn't make the other specials customs (when we use the game's definition), and by other people's made up definition, every mii besides brawler is also "custom" because brawler is the first one selected.
I don't know why this point wasn't brought up further. It's very good.

Nexelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nexelous
Wow, somebody give this man a medal. Fully agree that just because the default is 1111 doesn't mean that their other moves are customs. The Mii Fighters are a special kind and should be adjusted the way the player or how the tourneys want them. Just limiting to 1111 doesn't feel right without switching things up to improve a moveset or try different things.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
This
The Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner are recognized by the game to be separate characters. Also, you cannot change a Mii Brawler into a Mii Gunner, a Mii Swordfighter into a Mii Brawler, or anything like that, so that aspect isn't customizable. You need to change their moveset from their default one to whatever you want and there isn't any proof that the order of the special moves was determined randomly, so the claim that they don't have anything that is considered to be custom moves is incorrect and nonsensical.

Last edited:

Epok

Smash Ace
The Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner are recognized by the game to be separate characters. Also, you cannot change a Mii Brawler into a Mii Gunner, a Mii Swordfighter into a Mii Brawler, or anything like that, so that aspect isn't customizable.
That's because it's based around the mii, not the sub-type. You could just make a difference type of the same mii.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
Wow, somebody give this man a medal. Fully agree that just because the default is 1111 doesn't mean that their other moves are customs. The Mii Fighters are a special kind and should be adjusted the way the player or how the tourneys want them. Just limiting to 1111 doesn't feel right without switching things up to improve a moveset or try different things.
What about Palutena? She has all her customs as soon as you start the game. Should she get customs too?

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Why is this even a thing? The game allows all Mii moves to be used even when customs are off. This is their gimmick, that is what they are made to do. Clearly the moves aren't customs, so just let the Miis fight to their full potential. Movesets and all. Restrictions make no sense with them and no this isn't favoritism. This is the game allowing them to do this even under the most competitive rules.

T0MMY

Smash Master
People still arguing for the 1111 average height/weight sets for Mii restriction?
What is this 2014 and these people haven't played the game yet?

Logical reasoning argues against this, the community as a majority argues against it, TO's don't want it, and the game itself does not agree with this kind of arbitrary and ridiculous proposal to limit characters in a strictly non-competitive fantasy.

Let the people upload their Mii so we all can stop being scrubs about it on these boards, you're screwing the players over and driving the TO's customers away thus killing the scene. A complimentary set of an average height/weight guest Mii (example: 2222 moveset for Brawler) can be gifted to the attendees on the setups if the TO wants.
Other option: Outright ban the Mii fighters in a "for glory" kind of ruleset - this is up to the TO if they want to exclude Mii players from attending their event or not.

Problem solved, now start playing the game for once instead of arguing about how to stop other people from playing.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
the argument is over since patch IMO
1)Mii moves are being patched individually, this means they are balancing all the possible movesets as their own characters
2)Miis are allowed in pretty much every mode with customs off in tourneymode
3)Sakurai is forcing the miis a lot with the costumes and stuff, expect more balancing in the future

Every Mii moveset is its own character for competitive play, that's how its intended and thats how we should run the tournaments.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Logical reasoning argues against this, the community as a majority argues against it, TO's don't want it, and the game itself does not agree with this kind of arbitrary and ridiculous proposal to limit characters in a strictly non-competitive fantasy.

Let the people upload their Mii so we all can stop being scrubs about it on these boards, you're screwing the players over and driving the TO's customers away thus killing the scene. A complimentary set of an average height/weight guest Mii (example: 2222 moveset for Brawler) can be gifted to the attendees on the setups if the TO wants.
Other option: Outright ban the Mii fighters in a "for glory" kind of ruleset - this is up to the TO if they want to exclude Mii players from attending their event or not.

Problem solved, now start playing the game for once instead of arguing about how to stop other people from playing.
What "logical reasoning" argues against this? I see people falsely claiming that Mii Fighters don't have default moves or custom moves and denying any similarities between Palutena and the Mii Fighters. Basically, people are making excuses for why they don't want to do something, which shouldn't affect the decisions made by TOs. Also, you claim that preventing the Mii Fighters from using their custom moves in tournaments that don't prohibit them would kill the competitive scene, which is a very grand claim to make when only a small fraction of people that play the game competitively would be affected by it. You're clearly exaggerating. If you want to use the Mii Fighter's custom moves in a tournament, then you can go to tournaments that allow custom moves.

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
What "logical reasoning" argues against this? I see people falsely claiming that Mii Fighters don't have default moves or custom moves and denying any similarities between Palutena and the Mii Fighters. Basically, people are making excuses for why they don't want to do something, which shouldn't affect the decisions made by TOs. Also, You claim that preventing the Mii Fighters from using their custom moves in tournaments that don't prohibit them would kill the competitive scene, which is a very grand claim to make when only a small fraction of people that play the game competitively would be affected by it. You're clearly exaggerating. If you want to use the Mii Fighter's custom moves in a tournament, then you can go to tournaments that allow custom moves.
Miis aren't default. They don't even have custom moves according to the game.
By the way, didn't I see you in my thread snooping around anyways? Why didn't you step up and say anything, and why are you saying these things here? I get that you have the right to post your opinions elsewhere, but that's a meta post for crying out loud.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
@ Muro Muro No! Miis can't use Equipment with Custom Mode Off. I tested this.

The character select screen will act like the equipment is working. It will show you that the character's stats have changed. Ignore it, the screen is wrong. You can test this by giving a Mii two damage increasing Equipment and one Equipment that gives them an item, like a Baseball Bat or Ray Gun.

When you turn Customs Off, the Mii won't have the item, and they do the same damage as if they never had the equipment.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Great, you're on board that things allowed in the game are fine until the competitive community decides things are broken should be banned.

75m is allowed by the game in smash mode the mode we play.
The miis are allowed to use their alternative specials by the game in customs off in the smash mode. The mode we play in tournament.
75m was deemed banworthy by the community so it is not allowed in tournaments.
So the only question remaining about mii alternative specials are are they broken?

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Great, you're on board that things allowed in the game are fine until the competitive community decides things are broken should be banned.

The miis are allowed to use their alternative specials by the game in customs off in the smash mode. The mode we play in tournament.
So the only question remaining about mii alternative specials are are they broken?
Not at all. There's really nothing broken with mii alternative specials if you look into it.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
You guys should just ignore LimitCrown btw, his arguments are based off of event mode limiting the miis to 1111.

There's no reason to ban mii fighters moves just as there's no reason to ban other character's specials.
They've just unfortunately been lumped in with custom moves when they're completely separate (tourney mode even confirms this for us, mii fighters are a separate toggle to custom moves). I think many TOs are beginning to realise that miis have been unfairly treated, which is good.

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
You guys should just ignore LimitCrown btw, his arguments are based off of event mode limiting the miis to 1111.

There's no reason to ban mii fighters moves just as there's no reason to ban other character's specials.
They've just unfortunately been lumped in with custom moves when they're completely separate (tourney mode even confirms this for us, mii fighters are a separate toggle to custom moves). I think many TOs are beginning to realise that miis have been unfairly treated, which is good.
Simply asking limitcrown to actually post onto a meta thread broke him in two, so most likely his event reasoning didn't hold up. I feel awful for the people giving this guy fuel for making this argument longer than it should be.

Other than, I believe the tide will shift towards Miis in the future. They've been treated harshly I agree, but I also feel they are characters that needed to be in smash 4 competively in the first place.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I think ignoring the majority of what he has posted is the best way to respond because he has posted in a "rider" fashion where a post will be on topic and of interest but then the rest of the post is facepalm worthy that shouldn't have to be addressed (especially not this many times).
The one point or two points of interest he makes can be responded to for exempli gratia to a general audience

As an example:
What "logical reasoning" argues against this?
Fundamentally with competition we start with the game as set forth by the game developers and through practical application we can determine if any game element needs to be changed to enhance competition (beneficial competitive value).

With Super Smash Bros. for Wii U the game functions with Mii fighters to be used unrestricted in "Smash" mode (the mode of play used predominately in tournament setting).
We would need sound reasoning to enforce out-of-game rules to the contrary of this game standard (extra ludo ruling) - reason must lead us to a logical conclusion in order to restrict Mii to 1111 (or 2222 or 3333 or any set).
  • Opinion doesn't set standards (i.e. the moves are subjectively "too good" or "over powered" by a matter of opinion).
  • Shifting burden of proof does not set standards (i.e. we do not have to prove why we should not use restrictions)
  • Logistics is not applicable (see below)
Logistics
This would be a valid argument to restrict them, but it is clearly demonstrated that uploading a personally created Mii from a 3DS system takes less time than it does to have to create and upload the Mii sets (like those used at Evo); these Evo-type sets may or may not be used at all (wasted time) and limit the players for no other reason than pigeon-holing them in with "Customs".

Conclusion
Logically moveset restrictions makes no sense in competition - to place out-of-game restrictions on Mii fighters has no benefits for the tournament or for competition, and actually creates more issues than is worth.

Last edited:

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage

They aren't broken, but they are still custom moves. Being able to select them with customs off changes nothing.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Mii Fighters is that they have no default set. unlike normal characters who have the default 1111 set. Mii fighters need to be customized and created before they are used.

Top Bottom