• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shiek's counter pick stages

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
Just woundering if anyone had in mind any shiek counter picks because I haven't seen anything about them. If you think one is a counter pick say something and please discuss.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
When it comes to sheik counter picking stages it really comes down to only a few

Battlefield for like everything it should be your go to if you ever question what level to pick

Halberd if your opponent can't kill off the top easily and doesn't have multiply jumps or can't float

Corneria Same reason as Halberd but range holds less value and gimping is no longer a big concern since the level sides are so small. Which is nice if you just not able to gimp your opponent like at all.

Rainbow Cruise if your opponent depends on there ground game heavily or have poor recoveries.

Final Destination if it's a **** match up like Sheik vs Ike or Sheik vs Ganadorf or really anyone with very crappy range game.

Norfair because sheiks a ****ing ninja on that level

Luigi's Mansion if your opponent can't get around the chain and has no range attacks.

Jungle Japes, I use this one solely for Snakes as both characters are unable to kill until a decently high percent and in a match of who can deal out damage the fastest Sheik wins ever time against Snake since Snake can't combo. If anything after say 120% you can switch to Zelda and go for the kill like that while Snake by then is tried and needs to refresh his moves.

...Make sure you keep approach him from above so he will be dumb enough to keep hitting you away with his utilt. If you manage to get hit with it a few times and live it will benefit you greatly in the long run...Also stay on the right side of the stage.

One more thing, Snake is so tall needle camping works on the side platforms just make sure you watch out for the grenades. You wont be able to effectively camp there but it's good to mix it up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if ur a real man like me just counter pick norfair every time

if the opponent bans it (lol) i'd just go battlefield

luigi's if it's legal

tristan's right on all his suggestions

but i recommend stages that you feel comfortable with and have practiced on

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
In addition to what has been said, I think Yoshi's Island is good for her. Especially if you change to Zelda for the kills.

Personally, I do really well on that lower section of Temple. If you're against someone that can really out-abuse you in terms of projectiles, not so much, but for Ikes, Marios, etc... I think it's pretty good.

Anything that isn't COMPLETELY flat, imo, is good. Sheik likes to have alternatives. She's good at attacking from the air, so the easier it is to get yourself in position, the better.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Battlefield is great in all situations. Plenty of times sword users will counterpick this stage against me.....I just silently smile. I really think Sheik excels on platform stages....her speed is just so dangerous on these stages.

Plus, against MK and G&W which Sheik has difficulty edgeguarding and killing; the low ceiling makes for crazy early Zelda kills. Especially since she's fresh.

Pokemon Stadium is good as well, especially against characters with bad recoveries. With her chain, Sheik really has no problems with it due to her chain and she has that jab almost infinite on several different parts of the stage.

I personally like Lylat as well, could just be me though.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I tend to find Lylat a good Sheik stage against characters that are hurt by platforms like Pikachu and Diddy. The low platforms also are perfect for getting a tipper Up Smash/DACUS.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Also very good against the spacies, Lylat is notorious for gimping the spacies recovery.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fosho

man falco only needs to be hit like, once off the stage then he dies

just tether then press A when he gets back

§witch

Smash Lord
I hate lylat with a flaming passion (lol used to main woof) Norfair is wayyyyyyy to good for a CP, chain is beast there.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Yeah, gotta love norfair and battlefield. Although norfair tends to get very active when I play it while when my friends play it it's nearly dead.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
IMO
I find battlefield and lylat cruise to be the best stages for sheik.
Battlefield-up-smash goes through the 2 bottom platforms when your below. (it will always come as an up-smash tipper when it connects, which is strongest knockback in all of Sheik's arsenal.)
Lylat- same as above except all 3 platforms.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Surprised people haven't mentioned smashville that much. I seem to always do good on it.

But like people have already said, you just need to find a stage you are comfortable with and stick with it. Like Choknater is great on norfair, but I am just a little bit bad at it... (I need to start practicing on it more... >_>)

Everybody is different when it comes to counterpicking. Except for battlefield. Every Sheik is good at that.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i raaaaaape at norfair

GUYS JUST PICK NORFAIR, SHEIK CANNOT LOSE THERE

ahem even to metaknight, yayuhzzz!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i raaaaaape at norfair

GUYS JUST PICK NORFAIR, SHEIK CANNOT LOSE THERE

ahem even to metaknight, yayuhzzz!
Choknater tape yourself fighting a good meta knight on norfair and ****** him and not only will I start practicing on norfair I'll send you 5$ though paypal

^_^ I'm not joking, I really want to see a sheik **** a meta knight on norfair because right now I was about ....~pulls a % out of his ***~ 90% sure meta knight would have the advantage on this stage against sheik.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
If someone doesn't have good vert KO moves I take them to Halberd. The absurdly low ceiling means absurdly low % KOs with ftilt-Usmash.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Plus one to post count.

All credit goes to Thinkaman

Stage Ceiling Height:
(highest to lowest, from bottom platform)
(Amount of damage required for grounded Mario to be KO'd by an undiminished, fully charged Mario up-smash. Less damage needed = lower ceiling. Damages/heights are listed for major platforms as well on some stages, in ascending order. Some stages that were difficult (like Delfino) were not closely examined, and some stages no one cares about were skipped entirely.)

New Pork City: 118 (Bottom)
Jungle Japes: 100/97/93
Summit: 94 (Bottom) 71 (Top)
Green Hill Zone: 89/80/74
Luigi's Mansion: 88/84/78/67
Mario Circuit: 88/81/73
Shadow Moses: 88/80/70
Onett: 88
Pirate Ship: 85
Skyworld: 85/80/76/70
Havenbow: 85
Pictochat: 84
Eldin: 83
Pokemon Stadium 2: 83/75
Battlefield: 82/75/68
FD: 82
Delfino: 82
Norfair: 82/74/67
Yoshi's Island: 82/75
Lylat Cruise: 82/74
Spear Pillar: 82
Castle Siege: 82-88-81
Distant Planet: 82
Smashville: 82/74
Frigate: 81-77
Brinstar: 81/74/68
Wario Ware: 79
Halberd: 77/75/68-73/65
Aero Dive: 77
FlatZone2: 77
Rainbow Ride: 75
Green Greens: 75
Yoshi's Island (Melee): 74
Corneria: 74/70/57
Mushroomy: 67

demodemo

Smash Ace
Sheesh, what stage does sheik do poorly on?

and castle siege is my new favourite map. walk off stages <3

is castle siege banned? sorry i never go to tournies..

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheesh, what stage does sheik do poorly on?

and castle siege is my new favourite map. walk off stages <3

is castle siege banned? sorry i never go to tournies..
Sheik is like meta knight just she can't fly and doesn't have a sword

She does good on every stage it's just that some characters do better then her on some of them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yup people sheik is good on every stage

norfair enhances her speed because of the ledges

more ledges = faster and more invincible (literally) sheik

M@v

Subarashii!
With sheik, I like to pick halberd and norfair. I actually dont mind Lylat cruise with fox...Falco I do mind though :(

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sheiks, I'm in desperate need of information. I have almost nothing on her counterpick choices. LOOK:

:shiek: Sheik
Best: Battlefield
Worst:
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

Suggestions?

demodemo

Smash Ace
on norfair i like to tether from edge to edge, and scream SPIDER MAAAAANNNNN SPIDER MAAAAAAAAANNNN in a very discomforting pitch which is often received with anger and punch

edit- meno, you can put halberd as a best too. i think battlefield and halberd are the two undisputed bests, but we each have our favourite stages. we have yet to technically dissect all the characteristics of all the stages, so we can't really give you anything that just fits in "best" and "worst"

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Halberd is definitely up there. SO many different things you can do with being able to attack from under the stage and what not. The low ceiling makes for ridiculously low usmash tipper kills.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Sheiks, I'm in desperate need of information. I have almost nothing on her counterpick choices. LOOK:

It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

Suggestions?
Sheik doesn't have a bad stage! :p jk.. Idk.. I really don't like playing Norfair with her because I usually abuse the tether recovery... and half the stage doesnt let me :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Are you talking about Frigate Orpheon? Because Norfair is made of 6 ledges.

Top Bottom