• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik, the truth

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.

A while ago I was having an argument with some good MK mains, not scrubs mind you (you know who you are).
I was SHOCKED at the false Sheik info being tossed around. Things like "she can't kill", "she can't take pressure", "ah that's not legit", "she is just tilt lock", she can't beat Dair camping" and "she lacks disjointed hit box's".
I am hear to clear up Sheik myths and support her for going higher on the tier list.

Now before I start I just want to say that making a tier list is very hard, and I realize that.
It is very hard to say if one character is better than... 12 others or 30 others. That is no easy task. Anyone can say that their main is better than a character that is above them, but to say that their character is better than a bunch is no easy task.
So don't look at this as: "I am mad because my character is bottom of mid tier and she doesn't belong there so I will ***** and show you that you need to move her up!"
That is not my goal.

So without further ado I will start cracking myths.

MYTH #1!
"Sheik has NO disjointed hit box's."

Well when I see this I want to start pointing at her foot and sometimes shins.
Even her jab is disjointed, to an extent. The fingers of her that is.
Fair is about like jab but what I really want to talk about is her spacing moves (f-tilt, Bair, Nair, u-tilt and d-tilt).
f-tilt- disjointed at about mid shin and below
Bair- hard to tell but it looks like the entire shin and below is disjointed
Nair- the foot and the low shin
u-tilt- the foot and part of the shin
d-tilt- the foot

It's not a spacing move but is is VERY disjointed and comes out in 5 frames.
That's right, DSmash which clinks with Ikes FSmash.
Believe it or not but Sheik's DSmash is very disjointed. It is disjointed up to about her hip (in other words bot legs are disjointed). While performing the DSmash your hurt box is reduced to about a ducking hit box. On top of that DSmash is a rotating hit box.
Basically thing of a Mach tornado that is powerful but you cannot move around with it.

Now those aren't the best disjoints but they are there.
What I really want to point out is that Sheik is a close range terror, and thus has short range on most of her moves.
(BTW, every single B attack is completely disjointed.)

So as a look back I busted the myth that she is not disjointed and cleared up that it is an illusion because in general she is a short ranged character.

MYTH #2!
"Sheik cannot kill."
Well, this is true half of the time.
Everyone is biased though. Look at how fast she racks damage up and how much her combo's do.
I can pretty much start on someones new stock, do 50% and then after that I have punishing options to maybe do 20% more damage. From about 60% up to about 110% she starts to get kill set up options and there are a bunch.

If you are lucky enough to kill early then that usually puts Sheik ahead, because she is not meant to kill early. She is meant to do damage VERY fast and then kill at high percents. Look at over all how many times a good Sheik has to close in on the opponent. Then compare to someone else in the game.

All of that beside, Sheik has ways to safely Transform into Zelda. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uf4lVpn3l8
Zelda may not be the best at damage racking, but she can get in her KO's. USmash OoS is just to fun.

So lets review. I cracked the myth that Sheik cannot kill early and shown that even when killing early options are not there she still isn't at a loose because she gets them to high percents pretty fast.

MYTH #3!
"Most projectiles (including Needle's) fail in Brawl."

SuSa was talking about projectiles and that can be power shielded while approaching to make them pretty much useless. Sheik can get around this by throwing out 2 Needle's making it impossible to power shield them.

Needle's also have transcendent priority. So they can be used to punish many different things. They also are good for gimping since 1 Needle= they lose their jump and then they are restricted (well... most characters are) to their up B. People that can be edge hogged easily get ***** by this. You also have time to throw out a chain and chain guard. Unless the character has a way to tether the ledge or to attack you when you are on the stage with their recovery they are pretty much screwed.

So lets review. I gave information that MOST people know.

MYTH #4!
"Sheik has NO OoS options."

I KINDA agree, but don't at the same time. You see, Sheiks have no buisness shield unless they can power shield pretty well or if the foe is attacking from above.
Instead I prefer a more aggressive defensive. Use her speed to out maneuver your foe and punish.
She has the ability to do so, but if you do come across a situations that requires shielding then here are her options:

*shield grab*
Freakin obvious I know. Her grab frame is 4.
The only problem is that like all grabs if you miss you WILL be punished. -_-

*Vanish*
We don't have frame data yet (:() but you do get invincibility frame using this move.
If a foe is close but not close enough to punish on the little bit of start up lag we can Vanish out and if he attempts to do anything he will be hit. BTW, Vanish can be canceled through a certain fall distance so it is hard to punish when OoS.
The only problem TBH is that this is a guessing game. You need to guess what the foe will do so that this will land. Other wise you could be punished if they guess where you will reappear.
So to be punished they have to guess two things correctly compared to your one.
If you are at BF though this is just about 100% safe.
Watch this video for more information about Vanish Canceling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUP7i8vjflk

*Nair*
Another option that is actually VERY good is Nair OoS.
It comes out frame 3 and it can attack shorties on the ground.
IMO, it is her best OoS option.

*USmash*
As I said her shield covers her upper portion VERY well.
I have shield Peach's Dair before and performed tipper OoS USmash before. So this is not theory, it is fact that this works.
It also hits on frame 4.

*Uair*
Uair just adds to the fact that attacking her shield from the air is a very bad idea.
It comes out on frame for and combo's into itself at low percents. You set yourself up for a juggling game if you do this.
All of this said, attacking Sheiks shield is very foolish. It either sets up a low percent KO option OR it stes you up to be juggled.

So lets review. I busted the myth that she has no OoS options. As you can clearly see they are just mostly overlooked and not used options.

MYTH #5!
"The Chain is useless."

Now I doubt most of you pro's would ever say that but I have seen people say that.
As I said before the Chain can destroy people's recovery.

It can also be used to camp. Effectively against most people? No not really. Effectively enough so that you can do maybe 40% until they knock you out with a fast move? yes.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252333

On the rare occasion you can also reverse Chain lock.
Think getting stuck in MK's tornado but it doesn't end until you reach the edge and then get edge guarded by the Chain. Talk about a fear factor.
I can honestly say that I have only Reverse Chain Locked maybe 12 times. On top of that I have maybe only done it effectively twice, but of those two times it was practically 0 - death.
(The best time to use this is after a shield bust.)

So lets review. I busted the myth that the chain is useless.

MYTH #6!
"SHEIK CAN'T PRESSURE A SHIELD!"

LMAO! Yep, you got us D3.
No, not really. If someone pulls out their shield close to you then this technique works on most characters (Snake included): jab x2> d-tilt> Nair
Some people can shield grab that so you can do this: jab x2> Nair
Either way the Nair= retreating to safety. Now if you are foolish enough to camp Sheik here is what you have to put up with.

Bair if spaced correctly is a shield poke. Since it is disjointed most characters cannot grab you.

Needle's are a shield poke + they eat away shield.

Now my PERSONAL favorite is Chain.
Chain can actually eat away shield and it is safe because you can attack every 2 frames.
If someone is shield camping just throw out chain and eat their shield. Depending on how ******** they are you can bust it. Then you can 0 - death them with a RCL.
(I actually take that back, it isn't a 0 -dath because you have no guaranteed follow ups, but at least they are at very high percents and the shocking tip will send them out pretty far away from the ledge.)

So lets review. I have busted the myth that Sheik cannot shield pressure and that she has at least one safe tool to bust a shield and one really safe tool (even though Bair works too on certain MU) to shield poke (Needle's).

MYTH #7!
"D-Throw is no longer a CG and is pretty much useless."

Well, you are half right. Past low percents we lose the ability to true combo into it.
However, we can use it for an insane juggle.
"So why can't every body do this?"
Well, not everybody has multiple combo's that lead into a grab (d-tilt> grab, f-tilt> grab, f-tilt> jab x2> grab, Fair> grab, Nair> grab, weak Nair> grab, Bair> grab, jab x2> grab, 4 rapid jab> grab, u-tilt> grab and AC Uair> u-tilt grab). She also has a very good running speed, good AC Uair (the foot is disjointed + it comes out on frame 4) and a good pivot grab. Mix all of the strengths together you get an almost BRKN juggle game. Last time I checked I am the only one that abuse's it (see what you Sheiks mains are missing out on?).

"But wait, doesn't D-Throw only do like 6%?"
If it did more it would be more than a little BRKN.
Think about that combo list. Combo's= damage
Also, her pummel does 3%.
So lets say that they and you had jumped to avoid their counter at you on the ground.
Perform this: Fair (9%)> f-tilt (5%)> jab x2 (6%)> grab> pummel (3%)> D-Throw (6%)
That is all fresh BTW. So lets add it up... it comes to the sum of 29%. That is just one punishing action BTW. D-Throw never sends them that far away yo at any point you can DACUS to end the juggle and possibly kill them.

In case you didn't remember let me remind you of how bad of an idea it is to attack Sheiks shield while you are in the air.

So lets review. I busted the myth that D-Throw sucks + told you about a BRKN aspect of her

Now onto Sheiks facts.

FACT #1!
"We have poor results."

:(:(:(:(:(
This is true. Sheik is very overlooked. While good, no one has the dedication to learn her.
The people that do learn her (yes I am pointing fingers at you all Sheik mains) only use half of her options because they are to lazy to learn everything. That is good and all but they are limiting themselves (coughLightcough).

Before I continue I want to apologize for picking on you guys. I have nothing against you, but I call it as I see it. If you did take insult then pick on me and the fact that I have no tourney results myself.

FACT #2!

"How I think Sheik should be played."

IMO she needs to be the perfect mix of campy and aggressive.
Sheik needs to play more like DMG and be gay with Needle's. Then she needs to take advantage of her large amount of punishing options.
Also through in that D-Throw game, mix in f-tilt lock and use another BRKN aspect of Sheiks game.

Sheik ***** at keeping people off of the stage.
Just like in the D-Throw chasing part you need to abuse her speed.
Use Bair to keep people off of the stage a lot. Needle's will push people off. Also Chain= anti planking.
DACUS punishes jumping and grabs punish everything.

FACT #3!
"Sheiks has weakness's."

I am not going to be one of those who just list a ton of supportive things and then walk out w/o talking about things that hurt Sheik.

#1 She is light.
No way around this, we usually die around 120%.
However, I am working on surviving way longer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU-8wFdhSkA

#2 We have a normal recovery.
Chain= pull it out over the ledge and not tether is a death
Vanish= if they are on the edge you are forced onto the stage
Our only hope is to SDI up and Dair down.

Our second jump is pretty good (Fair can stage spike) and Vanish stage spikes. So there is risk on the foes part.

#3 We have bad match ups.
Our fall speed is fast so we do get ***** by mainly Sheik (LMAO), Pika and IC's.
As for the rest of our match ups.... most Sheik mains call it BS. Me, Light, Tristan, Neo (and maybe Chok and Ankoku.. I haven't heard them say it though) think that the match up thread doesn't do us justice.

So lets review this ENTIRE thread.
I have busted the myth that Sheik is bad in Brawl.. the end.

I would like to take the time to say that I did not mean any offense to people. I also would like to say that I am not pointing fingers at other characters and saying that Sheik is better than them and deserves to be above them on the tier list. I said it once and I'll say it again. "Tier list making isn't that simple."
I also believe that not one man deserves to maek a list because no one person understands how every character works at the top of their game.

-saviorslegacy

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As with the Bowser thread from several months ago, this thread doesn't belong here.

I'm moving it to Sheik boards.

saviorslegacy

As with the Bowser thread from several months ago, this thread doesn't belong here.

I'm moving it to Sheik boards.
A lot of Sheiks mains know this. I wanted people who were not Sheik mains to see this.

It was an attempt to correct people's thinking about Sheik. -_-
On the Sheik boards people are just gonna go "Oh, okay".... :(

feardragon64

Smash Champion
It's not like people will listen to you about it anyways. Just go prove it in a tournament. You say Sheik is under represented. Well YOU seem to think you know how to play Sheik. Talking is great but most people won't give a ****. The reason why so many people are skeptical about a lot of what you post anyways is because you keep posting all these "holy crap game changing stuff here!" posts about footstools and stuff and then nobody ever really uses it for one reason or another.

If you want people to really care, which I don't know why you do but sure I guess, go show your stuff in a tournament and stop talking about it. The people worth impressing probably won't be impressed by a bunch of theorycrafting anyways.

I'm not going to make any remarks on if what your saying is true or not. I'm just saying, nobody's going to listen until you have results.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
It's not like people will listen to you about it anyways. Just go prove it in a tournament. You say Sheik is under represented. Well YOU seem to think you know how to play Sheik. Talking is great but most people won't give a ****. The reason why so many people are skeptical about a lot of what you post anyways is because you keep posting all these "holy crap game changing stuff here!" posts about footstools and stuff and then nobody ever really uses it for one reason or another.

If you want people to really care, which I don't know why you do but sure I guess, go show your stuff in a tournament and stop talking about it. The people worth impressing probably won't be impressed by a bunch of theorycrafting anyways.

I'm not going to make any remarks on if what your saying is true or not. I'm just saying, nobody's going to listen until you have results.
This. A lot of this. Very much this.

I'm sick and tired of theory craft-ers telling everyone how great their character is, or how well they deal with X situation, etc. I don't care, prove it. If you can't back up what you're saying, what you're saying is useless.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying

That's pretty **** true. You gotta prove them all in-game rather than here, and try to convince other Sheik mains to try it all so it'd become known.

Judo777

Smash Master
Eh i don't think its fair to say that sheik mains are just too lazy to learn this stuff. I know i for one have taken time to learn every single sheik technique that i thought was practical in a game ( yea at one point i had chain jacket down pretty consistently and got it off in 2 tourney matches but i eventually decided it wasn't worth all the time it takes to set up and the fact that its hard to know if u did it right or not) and also just some of the references to the community cause i don't think you know how alot of the community plays most of the time. Not trying to bash you just saying that u should watch out when saying things like "last time i checked im the only sheik that does _____."

Other than that my only comment is that the safe transformation vid was cool but transforming offstage is a bad idea unless they knock you really really high because the duration of transform is completely random (or rather it how fast the game loads) so there is no guarentee u will be able to recover.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
It's not lazyness, it's that they're not interested, at least I have tried 'em all, thought I've not attached them to my gameplay other than a few stuffs.

About the Transformation, it think the best way to do it (Outside the field) is with Farore's Boost, that way you might avoid being pursued.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Knowing is a world apart from doing, feardragon.
Ya but if you think you know how to play and you really want to prove something, you'll learn how to implement it. Analyzing the game is fine. ONLY Analyzing the game is kinda dumb though.

Looking forward to those results Savior. Kinda like what phantom said. I wouldn't care if you didn't even place top 8 if you could set up your footstool multiple times against good opponents. You're defending WHAT your character can do practically in tournament play. Won't matter if you lose if you can show the practical application of all the stuff you post about.

saviorslegacy

Eh i don't think its fair to say that sheik mains are just too lazy to learn this stuff. I know i for one have taken time to learn every single sheik technique that i thought was practical in a game ( yea at one point i had chain jacket down pretty consistently and got it off in 2 tourney matches but i eventually decided it wasn't worth all the time it takes to set up and the fact that its hard to know if u did it right or not) and also just some of the references to the community cause i don't think you know how alot of the community plays most of the time. Not trying to bash you just saying that u should watch out when saying things like "last time i checked im the only sheik that does _____."

Other than that my only comment is that the safe transformation vid was cool but transforming offstage is a bad idea unless they knock you really really high because the duration of transform is completely random (or rather it how fast the game loads) so there is no guarentee u will be able to recover.
*lazy or don't care

I talk to a lot of people in the community about techs, play styles and stuff like that. For example, Light b-sticks with Sheik and has been for a while.
Armada think that Sheik should be used for constant pressure.
<3 says Needle's galore
Tristan is all about f-tilt advantages, decay and f-tilt> USmash.
Neo likes to spend days in his basement, listening to his iPod and mastering Sheik techniques... most all of them.
Gimp doesn't give a ****.
(and) I can honestly say that IDK about most people's play style other than what I have seen in their videos. That and I have fought <3, Tristan, Neo, Marsulas and Light on wi-fi so I have an idea how they function. I might be playing Armada here soon as well.

I keep very good tract of every Sheik main that I come across. I want to know what they are learning, how they are learning it, their idea's and everything else that they can say about Sheik.
I have almost watched every video in the video thread that East has made and I have went back and seen posts from 08 (even some with ADHD) to see if there is anything that was a good idea and just got ignored.
So yeah, I pretty sure that when I say a Sheik isn't using it they aren't using it.
(Except with that Chain thing... I had no idea that Sheiks used it cuz no one ever mentioned it, when I asked them about it most people say they don't really know what to think of it and I like never see it used in a match.)

IDK, I have never had a problem with a drawn out Transform.
It's not lazyness, it's that they're not interested, at least I have tried 'em all, thought I've not attached them to my gameplay other than a few stuffs.

About the Transformation, it think the best way to do it (Outside the field) is with Farore's Boost, that way you might avoid being pursued.
maybe...
Ya but if you think you know how to play and you really want to prove something, you'll learn how to implement it. Analyzing the game is fine. ONLY Analyzing the game is kinda dumb though.

Looking forward to those results Savior. Kinda like what phantom said. I wouldn't care if you didn't even place top 8 if you could set up your footstool multiple times against good opponents. You're defending WHAT your character can do practically in tournament play. Won't matter if you lose if you can show the practical application of all the stuff you post about.
When it comes to advancing the game, I honestly think footstools aren't the way to go.

No, what everyone needs to do is master every little tech that there is out there so when the situation comes up they can use it and then they need to master all of the movement techs and apply them as one.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
</3 dacus.

Lol, ed I was playing mata every dacus killed him. LOL but yeah it should of dacus has too much end lag to be safe espeacially against MK and snake and people with big range. Dacus to punish dacus to combo THATS IT!

saviorslegacy

DACUS= punish short hops, ledge wakes, GR follow up, Fair/Bair/Nair follow up, retreating tool AND to punish landing

^^^^DACUS's uses

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
NOPE! I disagree!!

fair nair bair follow up cool. grab release stuff. punishing whiffed laggy moves.

punish landing lag with needles. punish short hows with nothing; short hops don't have lag. they have so many options to avoid a dacus after the short hop and then punish you for doing it. I'd say no on ledge wake ups because you can predict a roll and attack a jump a stand well enough to really use it without the possibility of punishment. not to mention the option of ledge hoping on with attacks and such.

a fox spaming grounded lazer. thats a good time to dacus. and MK short hopping? bad bad bad.

saviorslegacy

NOPE! I disagree!!

fair nair bair follow up cool. grab release stuff. punishing whiffed laggy moves.

punish landing lag with needles. punish short hows with nothing; short hops don't have lag. they have so many options to avoid a dacus after the short hop and then punish you for doing it. I'd say no on ledge wake ups because you can predict a roll and attack a jump a stand well enough to really use it without the possibility of punishment. not to mention the option of ledge hoping on with attacks and such.

a fox spaming grounded lazer. thats a good time to dacus. and MK short hopping? bad bad bad.
A strongly disagree on attacking ledge wakes. You do know that attacking a ledge wake means that you are either gonna tipper them (jump wake), go behind them (attack wake.. but this is easily predicted beyond 100%), go past them (roll wake) and possibly DASC (normal wake).
There are just TO mant plus's to not use it. Light use's it a whole lot and when I have faith in my DACUS skills I try to use it (DACUS= no easy task).

Short hop... maybe
I will still punish empty short hops with DACUS.

MK= DACUS only after GR
k
That's a really good Fox. You could still probably DACUS him because Lasers= no hit stun

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
You can get a free DACUS without any punishment, if you do it at the right distance.

Like, you'd pass by and hit, and keep dashing away from the opponent, even if you don't hit, you already dashed away, at least it's worked plenty of times for me.

Judo777

Smash Master
But saviors not every good sheik out there posts on the boards but that doesnt mean they still dont rep the sheik community

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
You don't even need to win a tournament, just prove that everything you say/find is practical in actual play.
This guy is right, and Ill tell you why.

Savior...Savior....Savior, when I first hit smashboards last year, I already knew a couple of pretty good smashers, like Tristan, back then me and him talked a whole lot, not just about Sheik, but about everyone else (I was a Fox main back then). He said there was a "golden age" of the Sheik boards which he explained was when people were coming up with new ideas and techniques daily or so. Then he specifically said to me the golden age stopped when YOU showed with new ideas. Now dont get me wrong, you came up with some great things, but I now see why he said that was the end of the "golden age"

Now its 2009, you all in and well known on the Sheik boards and now somewhat all of Smashboards thats are Brawl related. Now, anyway lets start with the most OVERLY HYPED MOSTLY INCORRECT AND ALMOST USELESS THING YOU EVER SAID.

1.The Savior Combo...........do I even need to say more? Yes, I saw you, made this video showing a "0-death" on characters, such as TL, D3, and MK so only name 3. You even made MK his own video, later it turned out that you were completely wrong, and many people were or seemed bumbed that it was wrong (like me). Now I know the combo is a true 0-Death on characters like I believe Samus, and Mario, and some others but those characters are all low tiers and really shoulded be a problem to any Sheik on any level if you ask me.

2.Now Ive done a little snooping around, and I saw Ankoku made a video explaining your funny statement that (I might be wrong) you said Pit's Fsmash will have no lag if you use Fsmash to Fsmash. http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6394/pitfsmash.jpg

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
3. You came up with some other ATs......now let me get this over with quick and clean, these ATs are either already known by multiple people or has no actual good use in tournament play where it actually matters if your character is good or not, especially if you want to win or prove your character is good.

4. Savior, to be honest, ever since I saw that Ankoku vid I was questioning all your ideas, and all those ATs you posted after that time, I've be practically laughing at you. Though this doesnt mean your not good at giving out ideas.

To make a long story short, do you see why PhantomX is right? All things you came up with on this Board isnt useful or worth doing in tournament/actual play.

And this is how I feel about you Savior

-Leaf

saviorslegacy

But saviors not every good sheik out there posts on the boards but that doesnt mean they still dont rep the sheik community
True... I have talked to a few people that mained Sheik well because I ran a Smash clan for 1 year.

Savior...Savior....Savior, when I first hit smashboards last year, I already knew a couple of pretty good smashers, like Tristan, back then me and him talked a whole lot, not just about Sheik, but about everyone else (I was a Fox main back then). He said there was a "golden age" of the Sheik boards which he explained was when people were coming up with new ideas and techniques daily or so. Then he specifically said to me the golden age stopped when YOU showed with new ideas. Now dont get me wrong, you came up with some great things, but I now see why he said that was the end of the "golden age"

Now its 2009, you all in and well known on the Sheik boards and now somewhat all of Smashboards thats are Brawl related. Now, anyway lets start with the most OVERLY HYPED MOSTLY INCORRECT AND ALMOST USELESS THING YOU EVER SAID.

1.The Savior Combo...........do I even need to say more? Yes, I saw you, made this video showing a "0-death" on characters, such as TL, D3, and MK so only name 3. You even made MK his own video, later it turned out that you were completely wrong, and many people were or seemed bumbed that it was wrong (like me). Now I know the combo is a true 0-Death on characters like I believe Samus, and Mario, and some others but those characters are all low tiers and really shoulded be a problem to any Sheik on any level if you ask me.

2.Now Ive done a little snooping around, and I saw Ankoku made a video explaining your funny statement that (I might be wrong) you said Pit's Fsmash will have no lag if you use Fsmash to Fsmash. http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6394/pitfsmash.jpg
3. You came up with some other ATs......now let me get this over with quick and clean, these ATs are either already known by multiple people or has no actual good use in tournament play where it actually matters if your character is good or not, especially if you want to win or prove your character is good.

4. Savior, to be honest, ever since I saw that Ankoku vid I was questioning all your ideas, and all those ATs you posted after that time, I've be practically laughing at you. Though this doesnt mean your not good at giving out ideas.

To make a long story short, do you see why PhantomX is right? All things you came up with on this Board isnt useful or worth doing in tournament/actual play.

And this is how I feel about you Savior

-Leaf
:mad:

#1 Savior combo was named that because people called it that.
I called it Saltus and I changed it to Saltus really quick after the release.

#2 That is the gayest thing Ankoku ever did. There is a reason why he blurred out the rest of the post.
I never said that Pits FSmash beat shield. I said it MAY beat f-tilt (it was guess work). Ankoku went crazy and said that I was an idiot. So I looked at the frame data and factored in shield stun. Guess what the out come was? 1 frame (about 2 centiseconds). That isn't even enough frame advantage to get through it. They just clash.

However, if Pit use's jab> FSmash he gets like 3 frame advantage.

Ankoku only gave 30% of the story. Thus he is gay. Because I keep on getting these stupid remarks about this. I wish he would either remove it or show the whole argument.

#3 I have found some that are widely known, some that almost no one knows about and some that people just find useless.
You have a record of 0...
My latest one was Moon Dashing. It is very useful IMO.
The other one is Boost Walking which was already known, but no one knew about the control scheme it seemed. lol

And don't get onto the useless thing alright? Wavedash was useless for 3 years.

#4 Says he who said that Nair is Sheiks best move. -_-

He said to show it in a a game. I plan on doing that.

Honestly dude... why the hate?
I tried to do something good for Sheik.

I am really getting sick of how mouthy people are. -_-

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Incidentally the top player for most of the middle years of Melee (SephirothKen) didn't use wavedashing - he found far more use out of dashdancing.

Anyway, everyone shut up with personal attacks. I'm gonna be watching this thread more closely now.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Because no one payed attention to it.
It was originally thought to be good for item catching ONLY.
Until someone turned their heads and used it in a tourney.

That is what will happen here.
Don't be too confident.

Either way, if that's the case, someone needs to go demonstrate how your techniques can be applied in competitive matches.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying

Is it a true 0-death combo on those two..? If so, link to thread please.

saviorslegacy

For some odd reason for this past week that combo has been looked at again. I have received various PM's/IM's asking questions about it. Apparently some guy want to finish the testing on it to.

Top Bottom