• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Again. >_> /sees fox post

This thread should just be char matchups by Drephen. ask q's if you need them.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Drephen - Awesomeness >_> lol

I fight marth I would like to say somewhat similar yay :).

Spawn - T_T I tried. LMAO jk ;) I did make one of the character match up thingys by myself *proud of self* :laugh:

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
hmm. My best guess is that I've been playing against very good falcons and with very noob marths. I got still much to learn in this matchup yet. o.O
I apologize if my post wasn't that informative then.
Nice post drephen. o.O

pokefantom

Smash Rookie
What techniques/ sheik tricks should I practice against CPUs?
I know to practice wavedashing and shffling, but what else is there to practice? =)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
List of Technical Terms

In general try to be able to do the things that pertain to sheik obviously in that thread.

In general the sheik things you really need is to short hop, WD, L-cancel, shuffl aerials.

You may want to learn the shino ledgestall(Check first page).

But it isn't as imperative as the other technical things you can learn.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You need to learn ***o stalling. It's very valuable in tournaments when some Marth is just waiting for you to get off the ledge/some other character.

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
how do you play versus a very very very double laser spammer fox? My cousin plays a really evasive and spammer fox. His main strategy is to hit and run and to spam double lasers in a very nice way to rack damage. He is really giving me a hard time. Any tips?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
You have trouble with a camping fox?

Generally you move up to Fox and put them in a situation where you can punish them for more spamming.

So in that position if they keep camping you simply f-air them or dash attack them because they can't respond to it while they laser you.

Just watch out for fox's approach. N-air , d-air stuff like that will probably lead into a grab so make sure you prepare for that.

Remember that Sheik's f-tilt can go through fox's n-air it pretty helpful if you know your opponent will n-air you if your relatively close. You can also CC D-smash if needed.

Hooray for being Stickied ^_^b

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
How can I avoid being drillshined to waveshine and Up smashed? Kills me everytime.

Congratulatory on your thread being stickied.
There really isn't one move that helps you avoid it.

You really just have to see it coming. Btw its overpowered and if a competent fox hits you with this your probably dead.

The moves I would do is probably f-tilt it goes through fox's n-air and it'll hit fox's d-air too (although you get hit but *shrugs* who cares for like 3 damage).

Otherwise try to f-air moving backwards that should probably hit through a d-air but it isn't a great tactic vs his n-air so use it sparingly.

Maybe retreating N-air?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
If they full hop I would probably Up-air. This scenario is far simpler actually because there really is only two things to do from a full hop. A weak n-air or D-air.

Up-air fox then combo them their d-air might hit you down but that shouldn't be a problem really your gonna get hit onto the ground and stay standing.

EDIT: Some foxes double jump which I just remembered..... but if you fast fall then you should be able to shield on the ground if they do double jump into aerial.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Not as fast as a fast falled drillshine. I imagine a Sheik jumping into a drillshine when I think of the possibility of up-airing them. I don't think up-air would activate fast enough.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Uhh well I guess I could see what you mean.

Well I still think it should work the up-air start up doesn't take that long at all.

Plus Fox's full hop is fairly high.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just practice it. The only thing about that edgehog is the timing.

Also, it's impossible to clash/clank attacks in the air. There's always either one that outprioritizes the other, or they trade.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Just practice it. The only thing about that edgehog is the timing.

Also, it's impossible to clash/clank attacks in the air. There's always either one that outprioritizes the other, or they trade.
Yea I just couldn't think of a word I know you can't..

I guess I meant to say trade hits.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Do shiek players hate anything about link players when they are playing against them?
Well I hate Skler in the sense that he beat me with link vs my sheik and my fox :(.

But I would be lying :p me and skler had an awesome match (I'm still re-living VLS >_>) and he was the first link I ever played in tourney.

Not exactly the easiest first Link to fight :(

brickman

Smash Lord
I dunno, I don't think I have had substantial trouble with the Links that I have played against. I just play a pressure sheik. I don't give them time or space to get off their projectiles.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
link = ez mode for you?
In general Link loses to Sheik in so many different ways.

Links can get CG 0-death by sheik and also his recovery can be disrupted by sheik's needles.

Its really hard for link as you can guess >_> he does beat her in range and his projectile arsenal is better on the stage but its not enough.

Something into grab = Huge damage (Assuming they were smarth and banned FD)

Drephen

Smash Master
In general Link loses to Sheik in so many different ways.

Links can get CG 0-death by sheik and also his recovery can be disrupted by sheik's needles.

Its really hard for link as you can guess >_> he does beat her in range and his projectile arsenal is better on the stage but its not enough.

Something into grab = Huge damage (Assuming they were smarth and banned FD)
Dunno too much about link (to be honest im afriad of playing them)

But i have played the best link's in America and didnt have too much of a problem (cept azen which was a last stock high percent nail bitter)

You really just gotta be careful of link's K.O'ing moves. The only ones he is gonna go for is downair, up air, and up b

Sure he will throw other moves out there but those 3 are the ones he is gunning for.

If he goes for 1 up air hes gonna go for 4-5 more of them so watch out when you are above him

Also dont sidestep spam, link's watch for that **** and up b

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea Link probably has at least a few things to fight against sheik but I have near zero experience with Link.

I only threw stuff that everyone knows like being able to CG him lol.

*shrugs* I won't say that much about the match up because I just don't play links that often.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
my sheik got ***** by link..so i wish there were more advice..they always make it sound like it's child's play to get that grab...and granted i managed to win a match coming back from 2 stock down because of a few lucky grabs..but overall icould use a lot of help with that matchup..

or maybe once i've tried the matchup more than 5 times i'll actually post some thoughts of my own;p

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
my sheik got ***** by link..so i wish there were more advice..they always make it sound like it's child's play to get that grab...and granted i managed to win a match coming back from 2 stock down because of a few lucky grabs..but overall icould use a lot of help with that matchup..

or maybe once i've tried the matchup more than 5 times i'll actually post some thoughts of my own;p
Exactly how many people have experience vs Link with any character forget sheik lol.

Its obviously favored for sheik but I lost too but I still see the advantage.

I wish I had more to say about it than just "grab" but ... well maybe I'll play some links and figure it out.

**Wth I play more Young Links than Links O_O NY and NJ go against the tier list >_> I see Falco as if he was friggin god tier and I see more marios than foxes LOL**

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't like playing Pc chris's link. >_> I don't like the double jump nair nair and then going back because there is nothing you can do against it. Link's nair is scary and way too good.

Drephen have you played Skler's link? He beat Azen in link dittos and he beat Pc chris... I think? There'll be dittos of those online sometime when Chris uploads the videos.

Drephen

Smash Master
I don't like playing Pc chris's link. >_> I don't like the double jump nair nair and then going back because there is nothing you can do against it. Link's nair is scary and way too good.

Drephen have you played Skler's link? He beat Azen in link dittos and he beat Pc chris... I think? There'll be dittos of those online sometime when Chris uploads the videos.
yeah i played him in teams but that was it, he was ****** me though but then again teams is a totally different situation

but yeah that guy is good

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i want to pick up sheik or fox but cant decide :\

question why do sheiks f-smash on platforms? and lol anyone who plays multiple characters sheik or fox? i already play peach and falcon.

and is there a reason when it's blatantly obvious a sheik player isn't going to make it that the good ones at least dont switch to zelda for a moment?? i know zelda = bad but.... seems more like less experienced players do that?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That's because they screw up and try to do a fair off the platform. I use Fox and Sheik.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i have no exp at sheik dittos..where do you use the dtilt? i usually would use that at higher percents to set up for fairs..anything else?

Top Bottom