• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How do I use Sheik to beat Falco. Shield pillar is gaaaaay.
bring a cube and melee when you come to york today

i couldn't bring mine because i'm lugging this binder + psych text book

against shield pressure either wd back oos, or roll, or try to nair oos through it if he's slow or if you have balls of steel. sidestep sucks they'll hit the l-cancel and then **** you and there's nothing you can do about it.

nair oos a lot against his aerial approaches.

knock him over with dash attack if he's in the air or mispaces a laser (doesn't work too great vs good falco that can aim but it should be noted) and then tech chase with d-smash and other moves, possibly even grab, u-smash is amazing

out of d-throw get really good reflexes and really used to reacting to all the variations of tech in place. get really used to being able to grab him out of tech in place. if he techs behind you or away you can do tricks to catch him (boost grab is stupidly good).

after 30 just d-throw and guess where he's going and u-smash or try to trick him into going somewhere and then u-smash. or stick to regrab stuff.

bair a lot.

needle from platform a lot. aggressively.

aggressively attack him. aggressively. he slaughters you in a camping war unless you can powershield like pkm and even then he probably wins.

gimp him like a troll on crack whenever it looks like there is the slightest chance you may be able to do so.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
fine.

gimp him like a fat, white troll attempting to steer the discussion from intelligent debate and merely dissolve it into name-calling and crude assertations that one of the parties may or may not possess a mother with a dubious sexual history and somewhat unorthodox career choice

soap

Smash Hero
against shield pressure either wd back oos, or roll, or try to nair oos through it if he's slow or if you have balls of steel. sidestep sucks they'll hit the l-cancel and then **** you and there's nothing you can do about it.

knock him over with dash attack if he's in the air or mispaces a laser (doesn't work too great vs good falco that can aim but it should be noted) and then tech chase with d-smash and other moves, possibly even grab, u-smash is amazing

out of d-throw get really good reflexes and really used to reacting to all the variations of tech in place. get really used to being able to grab him out of tech in place. if he techs behind you or away you can do tricks to catch him (boost grab is stupidly good).

after 30 just d-throw and guess where he's going and u-smash or try to trick him into going somewhere and then u-smash. or stick to regrab stuff.

bair a lot.

needle from platform a lot. aggressively.

aggressively attack him. aggressively. he slaughters you in a camping war unless you can powershield like pkm and even then he probably wins.

gimp him like a troll on crack whenever it looks like there is the slightest chance you may be able to do so.
this all sounds good. be aggresive

sometimes u want to wd forward oos, especially if they are the falco that tries to double shine but dont do it perfectly and do the sh shine dj then try to bair or dar the other side of the shield. wd forward, pivot grab.

u can even wd forward through shine, delayed dair. getting out of shield pressure safely is big in this matchup, buffering rolls is also good and important. falco pillar reminds me of otk naruto's BBBA from gnt 4, u just have to find the whole in the pressure to punish. if u can nair out, i think it would be better to wd out and try to grab cuz it leads to a grab and much more potential damage.

after u grab, there are alot of techchase variations, i generally just look for in place tech first and try to regrab, then jab on reaction on missed techs and charge an usmash on the forced getup, if they roll away boost grab on reaction. eventually dash attack around 50 to combo, that is the standard broken techchase.

useful variations, utilt covers nontech+ tech in place generally to regrab, usmash can cover more but its weird and i find MYSELF getting grabbed if i mistimed it so i dont fux with the usmash unless i jabbed to force a getup first, Needles can also force said getup if they are just chilling there. if u feel u r a little late just dsmash to punish their sidestep, or wavedash utilt is another lil trick i do if im late to keep up pressure.

so recap, be aggresive, when they do manage to trap u in shield, know your options inside out, tech chase to death

o ya, gimps lol, if u have a lead u can metaknight camp the ledge

lol im bored

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Falco advice ftw.

KirbyKaze's troll post was funny.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
fine.

gimp him like a fat, white troll attempting to steer the discussion from intelligent debate and merely dissolve it into name-calling and crude assertations that one of the parties may or may not possess a mother with a dubious sexual history and somewhat unorthodox career choice
LOL.

best advice evar.

soap

Smash Hero
i watched the he-man tourney vids, cool set. friendlies bore me though, they are not crisp, i watch one if a really cool one is picked out and linked to but i have trouble wading through tons of friendlies.

nice tech chase usmashes, i cant get it too work, nice fox too btw

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Kk is teh sex. Hooray for more learning material.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
no offense, but if that's the best sheik canada has, i'd say canada doesn't have any good sheiks
Stfu scrub.

Kk, I think you're good. I mean, you're able to beat someone who got 4th at a huge tourny... doesn't that qualify as being good?

Are you the only Sheik in Canada?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Mike, friendlies at someone's house are the best way to demonstrate how good they are.

SPAWN, I'm sort of okay at fighting Fox. It's my strongest matchup, aside from maybe Marth, don't judge my ability off it. I fail pretty terribly at fighting Jiggs and Peach for instance.

And, no, I'm not the only Sheik in Canada. There's also Vwins and PKMvodka who are both stupidly good and usually **** me.

On that note, I can't beat RaynEX wtf are you talking about. I haven't beat RaynEX in several months. Last time I beat him was like in October 2007. We usually have really close sets but like... bragging about losing a close set is kind of lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
KK, you can beat him in some matches. It's not one sided is what I'm saying.

I thought Pkmvodka used DK and Vwins used fox... then again that was like a year ago when I last heard of them, haha.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Vwins plays Sheik and Peach now but his Fox and other characters are still very good.

PKM uses DK mainly but also goes Sheik, Marth, Ganon, and Falcon on certain stages/matchups, depending on what crew they're playing, etc. All his characters are very good.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I see, do you know why Vwins decided to switch to Sheik/Peach?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He doesn't like practicing and they're relatively low maintenance characters. Or at least that's what bam told me.

He also thinks Sheik > Fox as a character and that she's easier to use than Fox, and that Peach is better against Falco than Sheik is.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That makes sense I guess. Fox is annoying to keep on top of. But it's so fun doing it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, I was just sticking up for KK cuz he's my boi even though I've never met him.

Also, Raynex, lol I didn't even realize what I said til you mentioned it. XD

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah, I was just sticking up for KK cuz he's my boi even though I've never met him.

Also, Raynex, lol I didn't even realize what I said til you mentioned it. XD
lol <3 spawn

i've never met spawn in my life but i'm sure if i did i'd learn gay sheik gimps and we'd bond over our mutual appreciation of men <3

lol @ teczero

nair is hilarious and should be spammed in friendlies so one understands its powers. i think it's very underrated as an approach since the hitbox below sheik is so big and she jumps really high when she does it so you can really abuse its bigness but then i fail and can't seem to do what i want to do because landing behind stationary targets is just so darned hard for bad people like me. i fail :laugh:

for the record i really don't think i'm that good either, and i think people are overrating raynex's performance at e52, although he did beat some impressive people i think he'd appreciate it if people wouldn't get carried away from it. raynex is very good, but he's also very inconsistent, and before people start hyping someone average like me, they should see him do more good things in the future first.

and on that note, i only disputed P's remark because i think vwins' sheik is extremely good although there aren't any recent vids of it. not sure how he'd stack up to the other sheiks but he's definitely better than me by a lot, and he's very, very good.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I played Vwins in pools for VLS actually =D.

He went all fox vs me but it was solid and he seemed like he was having a sorta off day.

But yay I beat him in a fox ditto :bee:.

I have a fascination with sheik's f-air (not as a KO move too) and reverse needle cancel into b-airs.

I love them and I don't think I could play sheik without them LOL.

EDIT: You don't have to tell people negative comments about their character, gameplay, whatever. Lets keep this thread the way its been for 40 pages, amazing :).

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow, KK, I didn't think I could love you more.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec, I have an actual question. Who the hell around you still plays melee?
Near me? Well near me I can play my friends Spamerer and Vanz, they still play melee :).

Kinda near me? Scar, pakman, Cactuar(Kinda :(), Eggm, Magus the evil I will never miss a ledgetecher, if I ever see him LK.

And some others.

The melee scene down here actually is pretty good, but I'm way to pre-occupied with my schoolwork to bother with it so much :(.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
full jump, charge needles, cancel needles into a fast fall nair is pretty awesome

especially when they catch on and you start throwing the needles instead LOL

Top Bottom