• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
****.. as gay as my counterpicks are, I never thought to take a fox to green greens w/ sheik.. I'm gonna try it tho.

also, what's stopping the fox just going to the other side of the stage > standing laser?? lolz
for the drephen strat u jus need em on an island so if they run to a side u jus stick close and dont let them get past u to the other side, note: i dont think its a good idea to counterpick the stage yourself against fox, jus be prepared when u do go there.

Watty used to Counterpick people to Green Greens just SO they would switch to fox cuz he claims to be good at the matchup or something

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec0- Liesss. I just watched all the Falco vs Sheik matches (there were like 3 from January this year). I saw 0 powershields. Is this something you just started doing? If so, put vids up scrub, haha.
*shrugs*

I dunno lol sometimes eggm just ***** me too much ROFL.

I think I started doing this a while ago but I don't remember clearly. It was when I saw m2k run powershield eggm then 0-death CG him with marth.

Just try running at the falco then shield a moment after you see the laser. It takes a bit of timing but it really isn't that difficult.

I'm confused why there weren't any :( I get them a pretty decent amount of time T_T. *shrugs* oh well.

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
It's okay Tec. You just must've not gotten them recorded. M2K told me about how the whole running>shield is easier... but I've been practicing standing in one place so much I do that more consistantly. XD I don't get ***** by Falcos, I was just seeing if you had some like amazing advice on how to beat Falcos. Eggm ***** me... last time we played at Viva la smash or whatever it was called in CT.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL don't get confused.

I can beat Eggm a pretty good amount of time. But for the most part Eggm is the better player. He is really consistent and the one time I played him in tourney I got ***** lol.

I definitely don't beat him more than he beats me :(.

I still have a little trouble with falco too but thats cuz eggm is gay :urg:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Tee hee.

Secret to beating eggm is knocking him down and then chasing his tech. Then you kill him.
that's actually exactly what happened game 1 <_<

game 2 I had troubles doing that =(

he later blamed it on FoD

soap

Smash Hero
Soap - I'll make sure to check them out anyway ;)[/COLOR]
i jus watched them myself, those matches are too silly.
i was planning on making a combo video a while back and was gonna wait till i had some cool tourney stuff recorded but im too busy and dont travel anymore really, so i decided to throw together a quick vid tonite from just that old stuff on my profile

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197760

might make a better one sometime but prolly not

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
For PSing, XIF told a friend of mine to crouch with Sheik and wait until the laser comes to her head. Then that's about the time you put up your shield to reflect the laser.

Haven't tried it yet though.

I also have my own question to ask:

How the hell do you "shino stall"? I've have done it like, 4 times ever.

soap

Smash Hero

down up real fast, wait split second, down, release. then u wait a split second on the ledge before the repeat then just get in rhythm

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
For PSing, XIF told a friend of mine to crouch with Sheik and wait until the laser comes to her head. Then that's about the time you put up your shield to reflect the laser.

Sheik's Up-b Ledgestall

When your on the edge of the stage press down to get off the ledge then quickly up-b you should move a little upwards while this is going on hold down and when you hear the noise for her explosion let go. Sheik should move down and grab the ledge you can repeat till whenever you feel like stopping.

Or at least thats how I do it *shrugs*

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
I used to press away then upb then down and let go of down when she explodes. It's much easier doing the down up method. No worrying about reverse needling/chaining on the edge lol.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its all a matter of preference.

It really doesn't matter if you press away or down to initiate it.

I personally use down because usually I do multiple shino stalls. But thats just me >_<.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Down is better 'cause you don't pull away as much and you get lower so it's harder for people to steal the ledge.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)

The problem with that powershielding method is that it only works if the Falco can't laser low enough to hit Sheik, which means you could pretty much approach by always just ducking under/PS'ing lasers, and it definitely doesn't work against good falcos.

About the Shino Stall, I now do it by lightly pressing away, then lightly up b, then aim it down. I used to use down to drop from the ledge, but I screwed up a lot because I pressed B too early (while the stick was in the neutral position and not up) and I'd get needles, or I'd press it too late and jump before the up B. It's all preference, you can get it really close to the edge using both methods.

soap

Smash Hero
Dude guys, thanks for the tips.

Doing this on Brinstar is so much fun.
i forget which side of brinstar it is but u can do running vanish of side platform to ledge through lava then start stalling, i did that in tourney one time and dude jus starts laughing, i should have camped under the lava the rest of the match, i wonder if he would still think it was funny:laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You should go to Inui's next brawl tourney so we can sit there and play melee :).
When I go back to Jersey, fo sho'. Your Sheik is smexy.
*has you vs Bushman/Sliq bookmarked*

i forget which side of brinstar it is but u can do running vanish of side platform to ledge through lava then start stalling, i did that in tourney one time and dude jus starts laughing, i should have camped under the lava the rest of the match, i wonder if he would still think it was funny:laugh:
Isn't that considered stalling since the opponent actually can't reach you? >.>

Also, this reminds me of a teams match I once saw. There were 2 Sheiks on one team and they both did the ledge stall on the same ledge. The other team couldn't do anything and took damage when they came near haha. One of the Sheik's eventually missed up and died though...
I think one of them was Captain Jack, but I'm not too sure (I still can't find the vid again).

soap

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fNxCwrRPRc

too sexy, that would be fun to do, too bad no one else plays sheik around me

technically they could reach u when the lava goes down, or another sheik could teleport to the ledge in between your stall...

though i was just kidding, i never stall jus to stall thats kinda boring/gay even though i could prolly hold it for a while in rhythym. its really not that good though the people i play with learned how to edgehog it/ bait out the fair. bigr jus walks over and PC edgehogs me

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Njzfinest - O_O I forgot you don't go to school in NJ oops :(.

Oh well if you come back for winter break or sumthin we have to play ;)

Soap - Doing the stall for a prolonged period of time is extremely easy and I'm sure you can do it without practicing it >_> and its also pretty easy to get around like you said :(.

I just jump to a platform and hold lightshield at the end of the platform occasionally now. Although the ledgestall is pretty useful for gimps occasionally :laugh:

soap

Smash Hero
tehspamerer (1 month ago) Show Hide

Plank's dream come true..

lol... tec if we ever meet we're doing team friendlies and getting that double stall down

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Soap I already had that vid favorited :p Good ****

But like, whats a needle turnaround
Needle turnaround is when you jump then tap the opposite direction you are facing. Then you press B to use the needles and then press L to cancel the charge.

Once you cancel the charge you are able to do whatever aerial you want.

Also I recorded a few vids of me >_> although they are pretty bad :(

Me vs My brother FD
Me vs My brother PS
Me vs My brother FoD

Some random friendlies with my brother if anyone is interested in watching my slow sheik.

*Curses out brawl*

soap

Smash Hero
lolz teczero, and tecnine with the doubleshines, that falco seems solid except that he keeps getting *****:dizzy:

that weak bair edgeguard stuff was cool, im borrowing that

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh I got my brother's style down :laugh:. He is after all the person I play the most :).

But yea he is usually much smoother with his movements :( he just doesn't play as much :(.

I also picked the ones I **** him only cuz I couldn't upload them all :laugh:

soap

Smash Hero
lol, bigr gets mad at me cuz i only upload the ones where i **** even though its only like 1/3 of the whole tape, i dont do it on purpose i just subconciously find those more entertaining as i rewatch them

Top Bottom